Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu (12005 Views)

Soludo Is The First Governor To Use Made In Nigeria Car As Official Vehicle / Mobolaji Johnson, The First Governor Of Lagos Is Dead / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Lanrelagboi: 6:40am On Mar 09, 2023
“I was the first Governor that went to meet the protesters, I was the first that took the 5 for 5 demands to the President, I was the first to set up the panel for victims” - @jidesanwoolu on @ARISEtv
https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1633395600531279879?t=W3np8Kkl2wFOeqPvlrbsaA&s=19

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Naira20: 6:42am On Mar 09, 2023
Meet them to do what?

You went on to make some mothers childless and still went on air to lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiR7G1sqPR0

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 09, 2023
Lagos is not easy to govern, I believe he’ll do more . Sanwo Olu is not a violent man and if you think otherwise then bring your proof

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Naira20: 6:49am On Mar 09, 2023
The bolded is the reason he must give way for those who can do it without a kleptomaniac godfather.

If someone rehearses madness for 4years, how many years do you think it'll take to execute madness?

Sanwo-olu is dangerous and can't be trusted
IyaebeTheGreat:
Lagos is not easy to govern, I believe he’ll do more . Sanwo Olu is not a violent man and if you think otherwise then bring your proof

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by eleniyan2020: 6:50am On Mar 09, 2023
Naira20:
The bolded is the reason he must give way for those who can do it without a kleptomaniac godfather.

If someone rehearses madness for 4years, how many years do you think it take to execute madness?

Sanwo-olu is dangerous.
go back to your state and tell that to your governors!

75 Likes 10 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 09, 2023
Naira20:

If someone rehearses madness for 4years, how many years do you think it'll take to execute madness?

He’s still better than the junky you want to vote for. It’s a pity if you allow a junky to play on your intelligence

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Throwback: 6:55am On Mar 09, 2023
Yes indeed.

Sanwo-Olu your problem is that you made yourself too available and too nice, that you did not see there was a political undertone to the valid protest against the useless Nigeria Police and their SARS unit.

I trust Peter Obi, even if dead bodies are dumped in Ezu River, e no go move body.

Infact, when summoned to attend the EndSARS panel in Anambra to shed more light on what happend while he was Governor, he rather went to court to prevent his appearance.

An enemy of the youth who never joined any protest.

Even his wife just confirmed that her husband love Court wahala.

Those who want your head are the same people who have made a fake messiah out of Peter Obi.

But I trust President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to revisit what happened at Awkuzu SARS, and bring justice to the families who never got the support of Peter Obi.

I remember that it was Tinubu who set up the Office of the Public Defender in Lagos.

Tinubu will surely unearth the buried ghosts of Awkuzu and locate James Nwafor wherever he has been told to hide by those who enabled him.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Mindlog: 6:57am On Mar 09, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

No one needs to tender any proof to you.....in an election devoid of thuggery and intimidation, the votes should reflect Lagosians' belief in him or not.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Naira20: 6:58am On Mar 09, 2023
Unfortunately, only f.ools will choose a Sanwo-olu over A GRV.
IyaebeTheGreat:
He’s still better than the junky you want to vote for. It’s a pity if you allow a junky to play on your intelligence

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Throwback: 7:06am On Mar 09, 2023
Sanwo-Olu joined the youths in protesting, and even took their demands directly to Aso Rock.

Sanwo-Olu, your enemies would never know peace.

They will pray, and God Almighty will answer their prayers.

Lo f'okan bale, you will be returned in a landslide victory.

Then remember those who you continue to work for but are politically useless.

Focus on Ikorodu, Badagry, Epe, Ifako Ijaiye, Alimosho.

Those are the people who love you but are angry you have abandoned them to please sophisticats who would never vote or are more interested that you do not tax them.

I repeat, those who are determined to exploit your kindness and gentle nature, would pray and God Almighty will answer their prayer.

If they now choose to take God to court for answering their own prayer, then you know they love Court palaver too much.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by christistruth01: 7:09am On Mar 09, 2023
grin

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Iamgrey5(m): 7:13am On Mar 09, 2023
Throwback:
Sanwo-Olu joined the youths in protesting, and even took their demands directly to Aso Rock.

Sanwo-Olu, your enemies would never know peace.

They will pray, and God Almighty will answer their prayers.
He was the only governor that identified with the Endsars movement from the onset.

Although, I don't necessarily understand why the youths wanted to end sars at the lekki tolgate not Police headquarters.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by compton11(m): 7:15am On Mar 09, 2023
That protest was planted by OSUs to destroy Yoruba Land,ask them why didnt go their states to protest.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Throwback: 7:20am On Mar 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
He was the only governor that identified with the Endsars movement from the onset.

Although, I don't necessarily understand why the youths wanted to end sars at the lekki tolgate not Police headquarters.

That was when it began to take a political tone.

The propaganda and fake deaths and lies were just too much, leading up to when the protest was cleared.

Yes there were deaths in trying to clear up the protest by a useless Police force, and a terribly indiscipline military. But the massacre claims was just political exaggerations.

Same Sanwo-Olu was even the first to go visit hospitals and confirmed that 2 people has died.

When you are too nice, you become a weakling that would be exploited by anarchists.

Have we asked ourselves why none of the celebrities remained in the protest ground after they had been told to disperse? I mean all the celebrities that were visiting and addressing protesters were not there at the time the military and police moved in to disperse the crowd.

But they are the most vocal in the aftermath and trying to pin the deadly outcome on Sanwo-Olu who fully embraced their pain and concerns.

Sanwo-Olu would surely learn from this episode.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by insidelife22(m): 7:33am On Mar 09, 2023
Tinubu's campaign slogan was emilokan.
Na emilokan we go dey chop.

Any urchin found beging online or offline or trying to leave Nigeria in the next four years shoud be treated as an armed robber.

Signed;balablue for the demigod of Urchins who was beating in Lagos on 25 febuary by A humble Obi.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Occurstaem(m): 7:44am On Mar 09, 2023
Yep. True.
I still remember the line "soro soke were" while he was addressing the protesters.

Sanwo-Olu has a kind heart ❤️.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by bigsmoke2(m): 5:48am On Mar 10, 2023
Sanwoolu will win this election. He may not get a distinction on his score card but definitely a pass. GRV is a Scammer fishing for power. He hasn't had any platform to demonstrate competence. No track records of successfully demonstrating managerial capacity whether in public or private sector. He is gbadebo when it's convenient. Tomorrow he is Chinedu, next tomorrow he is Patrick. I voted Obi because of track record. He has had a platform in the past and he demonstrated good principles and showed capacity. Even before politics Obi has managed several businesses successfuly. Make GRV Go rest abeg Governor is not by doing end sars and going to MIT deziani also went to Cambridge.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by seunlayi(m): 5:48am On Mar 10, 2023

Yes, when your master told you to go and do something to discourage the continued occupation of his toll gate so that toll collection can continue. When this failed, you guys ordered soldiers to use gun to forcefully chase away the demonstrators. Ogbeni Sanwo, Karma is here

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Memyselfu2009(m): 5:48am On Mar 10, 2023
Yes you did met the angry youth but after then. What happen.
If you where at the lekki toll gate that day nobody would have either been shot or died.

You fail to realised that that a time would come when you need the youth vote again .

Bros just pack your bag leave govt house

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by princeade86(m): 5:48am On Mar 10, 2023
See humbleness during election. Civilians don't know how to use their weapons they hold due to sufferness.

8 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by CharleyBright(m): 5:48am On Mar 10, 2023
Hmmm.
I just come dey pity this Sanwo-olu man. See as Shalaye come dey plenty as man see himself being booted out of office by the Masses he thought were inconsequential.
I like the present turn of political scenarios where politicians are now afraid of the voters knowing the real power belongs to the masses.
No more Election rigging by politicians.
We are slowing getting to times when crooked politicians will not bother to contest for elections knowing they can't win over the masses.
Thanks to BVAS and upload of results from polling units.

9 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by ronalmagic10(m): 5:49am On Mar 10, 2023
Meanwhile peter obi was no where to be found. Instead he went and obtained a court order to prevent any scrutiny of his government activity.

Patrick agbazue a police officer along with some others killed many people in Anambra state and peter obi did not make any comment

Train collided with brt in Ikeja and peter obi rushed to make comment seeking to take advantage

Someone was killed for celebrating Tinubu victory in Anambra but peter obi didn't visit their family. A lawyer was killed after endsars for speaking up in support of buhari and peter obi didn't visit their family. Someone was stabbed by thugs on election day in Lagos and peter obi was the first to visit her to take pictures

Cunny man. Guess which church he will attend this Sunday and win a gift from me. Mind you he didn't attend any church last week o

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Thanos5555: 5:49am On Mar 10, 2023
this jagaban power holders are extremely smart, imagine always being the ones to select thier opponents in PDP primaries. but unfortunately this time, another party came up, who they never planned for.

its time to END agberoism

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Neddstark: 5:50am On Mar 10, 2023
Sanwo olu did his best in Endsars
He went to the tollgate more than once to appeal to the protesters. He went to Abuja twice to seek Buhari's help in listening to the protesters demands.
When the endsars situation was getting out of hands, he issued a curfew. Everyone was supposed to go home and obey the order of the governor but some people who believed they are above the government stayed at the tollgate. Why is no one condemning the disobedience?
The biggest mistake he made was allowing the army to intervene. Nigerian army never intervenes well, our soldiers are eager to pull the trigger and score a bodybag. Some people were killed but the numbers were exaggerated. May their souls rest in peace.
Immediately after the shooting and Sanwo heard it went out of hands, he rushed to the hospitals and made sure the victims were given the best.
If i was governor during that period, i would have resigned out of pressure. But Babajide stood strong in the storm despite the pressures on every side. A real leader is the definition of Sanwo-Olu. His children should be proud of having such a father.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Gistville: 5:50am On Mar 10, 2023
The country is a Nexflix show on its own

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Luukasz(m): 5:50am On Mar 10, 2023
Naira20:

Funsho Doherty is the one who can do it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Icarus99(f): 5:50am On Mar 10, 2023
Sanwo Olu should resist the urge to shalaye!
You are winning jare no doubt about that
Don’t fret

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Honestfrend: 5:52am On Mar 10, 2023
See this mumu... Shey na Kaduna the end sars start?
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by AdamuKD: 5:52am On Mar 10, 2023
Useless and Senseless man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Bigchristo: 5:53am On Mar 10, 2023
eleniyan2020:
go back to your state and tell that to your governors!
You don’t have the right to tell any Nigeria citizens to go back to their states, they are free to reside anywhere in the country so long they can afford it, it’s getting too much for you people using such nonsense words

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Doyou2019: 5:53am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

I could never vote for a governor who tacitly supports agberos and uses these scum for the suppression of Lagosians. No sane Omo Eko would do such a stupid thing for whatever reason!

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by BurialGround: 5:54am On Mar 10, 2023
cool

Your visit was like the visit of black snake to the gathering of rats.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John Oyegun Meets With APC House Of Reps Member In Abuja (Photos) / President Muhammadu Buhari Signs The 58th Independent Day Parade Book. / APC/PMB: FG Projects Nationwide. Ongoing PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.