Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,724 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu (11996 Views)

Soludo Is The First Governor To Use Made In Nigeria Car As Official Vehicle / Mobolaji Johnson, The First Governor Of Lagos Is Dead / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Achor1111(m): 7:07am On Mar 10, 2023
Vote for LP!
Vote for GRV!
Sanwo Olu lies about innocent lives lost in lekki tollgate even shock Satan the father of all liars

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by davidadenrele: 7:12am On Mar 10, 2023
Hello,

I feel compel to let you know that no one has accused our Dear Governor Sanwolu as violent my own personal opinion and million of others was that there's never anyway he could denied he was never aware that the military was to shoot at sight to the youth during endsars at the lekki toll gate, being the Chief Security Officer of the state his narrative during interviews recently does not add up at all, except if he thinks all Lagosians are fools, knowing fully well he was securing the interest of Jagaban at the toll gate. Did you listen to General Taiwo at panel of inquiry organized by state government when the general coated that or Governor Sanwolu was the one that gives them the order to shoot at youths at the Lekki to toll gate.

Furthermore he fails to put in checks the excess of these so called LASTMA official there barberic way and manners the so called official operate is not only primitive and agressive but with impunity without order or control. I have been out of the shores of this country there's never anywhere in the world you auctions people car on sale, for commiting traffic offences not even in God's country U.S.A the worst case scenario would be that you will be charge to court to pay a fine if your traffic offences becomes much than usual yout licence will be withdrawn.

And now that we are few inches away to elections realizing that it's not about executing project but direct close contacts with the youths, and the masses in engaging close relationship that will build trust, communication and feedback he's now running up and down for a damage control am not in anyway a politician am not a member of APC, PDP or Labour but if Sanwo wins this coming elections it will by the grace of God, the odds against him is much, Ambode during his first tenure as Governor wouldn't have add so much odds as compared to Sanwo Olu. Go to Epe till tomorrow the people loves him aside he execute projects that transform Epe he was closer to the youths he was always closer to his constituencies unlike Sanwolu who thinks excecuting Elephants project will endear him Lagosians to him.

You can't eat your cake and have it.

May the best man wins Nigerians are much more wiser now and more informed we are in 2023, Nigerian can't afford to fooled again like 2015, let but aside enthicity and tribalism never again will affilitions rise again in Lagos and Nigeria in Jesus Name Amen.

IyaebeTheGreat:
Lagos is not easy to govern, I believe he’ll do more . Sanwo Olu is not a violent man and if you think otherwise then bring your proof
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:23am On Mar 10, 2023
reddingtonblack:

OGA their is no perfect state anywhere, the true test of a Government, are policies and developmental performance and i will give lagos an A.
Sanwo olu is a balance version of fashola and Ambode,i.e he is a govt for the elites and lower class, nobody likes the activities of the agbero esp. how they cause traffic But that is not good reason to throw away the development and continuity we enjoy in lagos.

We know the downside of APC is agbero but who knows what PDP and LP will be ... should we use 4yrs to experiment then go back to the devil we know

True, the true indices of governance are policies and development, but I won't give "Sanwo-Olu's government" an A... Most probably a B- (if there's anything like that)

We know the downside of APC is agbero, but is it that they can't do anything about it? Your area might be safe, but many areas I know are constantly under siege due to the activity of these boys, e.g Agege/OkeKoto area... Even when police come to raid them, those not caught laugh about it knowing they'll soon be released after a "call from above".

I believe what you're trying to say is "If APC is working in other areas, then we should overlook their faults in this regards"... But then, the monster we're feeding now will come to haunt us later"

I still believe "Sanwo-Olu can do better"
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Felabarmudia: 7:24am On Mar 10, 2023
Iamgrey5:
He was the only governor that identified with the Endsars movement from the onset.

Although, I don't necessarily understand why the youths wanted to end sars at the lekki tolgate not Police headquarters.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Throwback: 7:26am On Mar 10, 2023
Passionate888:

You're contradicting yourself

No contradiction sir.

There were deaths, there were many fake deaths too.

Many that were reported dead came out to show they were alive.

Even the actress that has prepared Aso-Ebi for Tinubu's inauguration was also reported as shot dead by the police at the Alausa EndSARS protest.

Propagandist want us to believe there was a massacre without any evidence of a massacre.

We just like to throw words about carelessly.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Bigseven(m): 7:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Simple question, who order the shooting
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Tvoice: 7:32am On Mar 10, 2023
Oga short up, u have not stop talking about endsars since this election period, u will still lose Las Las
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by segun18(m): 7:33am On Mar 10, 2023
bigsmoke2:
Sanwoolu will win this election. He may not get a distinction on his score card but definitely a pass. GRV is a Scammer fishing for power. He hasn't had any platform to demonstrate competence. No track records of successfully demonstrating managerial capacity whether in public or private sector. He is gbadebo when it's convenient. Tomorrow he is Chinedu, next tomorrow he is Patrick. I voted Obi because of track record. He has had a platform in the past and he demonstrated good principles and showed capacity. Even before politics Obi has managed several businesses successfuly. Make GRV Go rest abeg Governor is not by doing end sars and going to MIT deziani also went to Cambridge.

In your own conscience and before God Can you swear that you really voted for the Obi /Datti movement?

Awon opuro oshi all over the place.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by luluman: 7:36am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Lagos is not easy to govern, I believe he’ll do more . Sanwo Olu is not a violent man and if you think otherwise then bring your proof
Why not let another person try & compare.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Fearyourcreator: 7:37am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He is not at all... Very cool headed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Fearyourcreator: 7:38am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He’s still better than the junky you want to vote for. It’s a pity if you allow a junky to play on your intelligence
That guy no dey okay... He is on something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Fearyourcreator: 7:39am On Mar 10, 2023
Naira20:
Unfortunately, only f.ools will choose a Sanwo-olu over A GRV.
If you are Igbo ... I won't be surprised
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Throwback: 7:42am On Mar 10, 2023
Neddstark:
Sanwo olu did his best in Endsars
He went to the tollgate more than once to appeal to the protesters. He went to Abuja twice to seek Buhari's help in listening to the protesters demands.
When the endsars situation was getting out of hands, he issued a curfew. Everyone was supposed to go home and obey the order of the governor but some people who believed they are above the government stayed at the tollgate. Why is no one condemning the disobedience?
The biggest mistake he made was allowing the army to intervene. Nigerian army never intervenes well, our soldiers are eager to pull the trigger and score a bodybag. Some people were killed but the numbers were exaggerated. May their souls rest in peace.
Immediately after the shooting and Sanwo heard it went out of hands, he rushed to the hospitals and made sure the victims were given the best.
If i was governor during that period, i would have resigned out of pressure. But Babajide stood strong in the storm despite the pressures on every side. A real leader is the definition of Sanwo-Olu. His children should be proud of having such a father.

I concur.

I also repeat that all the celebrities obeyed the curfew.

But many homeless and hungry Nigerians who had turn the protest to a feasting jamboree refused to depart.

Also the anarchists among them who were only using the protest as a front for their own anti-government agenda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by mechanics(m): 7:46am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
We are tired of godfathers dictating who should be the governor of Lagos State.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 10, 2023
Nothing like godfatherism, vote who is obviously working, make una let him finish his work
mechanics:
We are tired of godfathers dictating who should be the governor of Lagos State.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by mechanics(m): 7:49am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Nothing like godfatherism, vote who is obviously working, make una let him finish his work
hahhaha, Tinubu is his godfather.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Solocoin: 7:51am On Mar 10, 2023
Who is asking you for all these explanation. You politicians take the electorate for granted immediately after you have been elected into office. If you do the right thing the people will rally round you without explaining anything to them.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by remele2(f): 7:57am On Mar 10, 2023
Na which Governor wan come be first b4?

Biko talk another thing...... Wen pple dey look for u up and down to come tell dem watin really happen that Night.... No be u talk say na "power beyond your control"

For ur own state oooooo
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by mozona(m): 7:57am On Mar 10, 2023
and yet you cannot fish out those gun men that shot fire that day
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by freeborn02: 7:58am On Mar 10, 2023
shonepa:
By your statement alone shows how tribalistic you are. Whats the meaning of igbos and enlightened yoruba?

You could have just said the people, citizens but u choose to play the same tribal card.

Anyone that says hes not tribal...the person is 100% tribalistic.

I have never seen you attack helinues or IyaebeTheGreat for their tribalistic comments. Why are you suddenly attacking me?

Is it because I don't join you in your irresponsible reasoning to call them ipob?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by prizeless(m): 8:14am On Mar 10, 2023
You met protesters, but didn't rush to the scene when you heard, Shane, you're fallen already
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Chi133(f): 8:16am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

He is a pretender,he was the one that ordered the shooting.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by kwasoly(m): 8:18am On Mar 10, 2023
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1633395600531279879?t=W3np8Kkl2wFOeqPvlrbsaA&s=19

After meeting them, how market?
You now sent soldiers to kill them...bah!!!
Weldon sir
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by intruder15(m): 8:19am On Mar 10, 2023
bigsmoke2:
Sanwoolu will win this election. He may not get a distinction on his score card but definitely a pass. GRV is a Scammer fishing for power. He hasn't had any platform to demonstrate competence. No track records of successfully demonstrating managerial capacity whether in public or private sector. He is gbadebo when it's convenient. Tomorrow he is Chinedu, next tomorrow he is Patrick. I voted Obi because of track record. He has had a platform in the past and he demonstrated good principles and showed capacity. Even before politics Obi has managed several businesses successfuly. Make GRV Go rest abeg Governor is not by doing end sars and going to MIT deziani also went to Cambridge.

Abi o. This election isn't about Party but about individuals. Sanwo Olu may not be perfect but I like him.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Darnell9(m): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2023
eleniyan2020:
go back to your state and tell that to your governors!

Every time una go dey insult urselves online because of politicans that may even be in good terms.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Ekugbeh(m): 8:40am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
who do you think invited the army
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by BJanta: 8:45am On Mar 10, 2023
The current Minister of Labour and Employment and 2023 presidential aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress spoke on Thursday as a guest on Channels Television’s ‘Politics Today’ programme monitored by The PUNCH.

According to Ngige, all the roads constructed in Anambra by Peter Obi and Willie Obiano were of inferior quality except Ů ones he (Ngige) constructed as governor from 2003 to 2006.

While Obi was Anambra governor between 2007 and 2014, Obiano was governor from 2014 until last month when he handed over to Chukwuma Soludo.

What legacy does Obi has in Anambra that he wants to be President of Nigeria?

Anambra is the most terrorised place in the world

Anambra is one of the most dirtiest place in the world
Anambra has the largest and most dangerous touts and agberos in the world.

The worst case of SARS killings happened under the watch and directive of Peter Obi

(Quote) (Report) 140 Likes (Unlike) 9 Shares (Share)
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by BJanta: 8:46am On Mar 10, 2023
Naira20:
Meet them to do what?

You went on to make some mothers childless and still went on air to lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiR7G1sqPR0

The current Minister of Labour and Employment and 2023 presidential aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress spoke on Thursday as a guest on Channels Television’s ‘Politics Today’ programme monitored by The PUNCH.

According to Ngige, all the roads constructed in Anambra by Peter Obi and Willie Obiano were of inferior quality except Ů ones he (Ngige) constructed as governor from 2003 to 2006.

While Obi was Anambra governor between 2007 and 2014, Obiano was governor from 2014 until last month when he handed over to Chukwuma Soludo.

What legacy does Obi has in Anambra that he wants to be President of Nigeria?

Anambra is the most terrorised place in the world

Anambra is one of the most dirtiest place in the world
Anambra has the largest and most dangerous touts and agberos in the world.

The worst case of SARS killings happened under the watch and directive of Peter Obi

(Quote) (Report) 140 Likes (Unlike) 9 Shares (Share)
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 10, 2023
Was this clown expecting Zamfara or Ebonyi State governors to meet protesters before him, when the protest was happening in Lagos? Nonsense

You want THANK YOU SIR for doing the job you're paid to do.

Gone are those days when our politicians are hero-worshipped to high heavens for everything, whereas we the taxpayers are the ones financing it all.

It's a shame on you Sanwo-Olu. Grow up
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by reddingtonblack: 8:48am On Mar 10, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

True, the true indices of governance are policies and development, but I won't give "Sanwo-Olu's government" an A... Most probably a B- (if there's anything like that)

We know the downside of APC is agbero, but is it that they can't do anything about it? Your area might be safe, but many areas I know are constantly under siege due to the activity of these boys, e.g Agege/OkeKoto area... Even when police come to raid them, those not caught laugh about it knowing they'll soon be released after a "call from above".

I believe what you're trying to say is "If APC is working in other areas, then we should overlook their faults in this regards"... But then, the monster we're feeding now will come to haunt us later"

I still believe "Sanwo-Olu can do better"

A, could be 70%, on a Naija scale i don"t think that is tew much, with over 20m population for small state like lagos we just have to commend the government

Governance is all about continuity, so i agree sanwo olu can do more, eradicating okada and now eradicating Agbero is a call for full blown crime, when they go hungry naa you and i no go sleep. The best govt can do is keep sensitizing them n dole out reform programs but taking them out completely ..it is too risky

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Occupy Nigeria: Pictures Of Protest At World Bank Hq,Washington DC, Us / China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal / Umahi: DSS Should Arrest People Making Unsubstantiated Claims On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.