Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu (12021 Views)

Soludo Is The First Governor To Use Made In Nigeria Car As Official Vehicle / Mobolaji Johnson, The First Governor Of Lagos Is Dead / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by shonepa(m): 6:28am On Mar 10, 2023
By your statement alone shows how tribalistic you are. Whats the meaning of igbos and enlightened yoruba?

You could have just said the people, citizens but u choose to play the same tribal card.

Anyone that says hes not tribal...the person is 100% tribalistic.

freeborn02:

But Sanwoolu is a tinubu puppet, a foreigner from ogun state.

Suddenly, your stupid self is assuming a condescending tone.

Why aren't you abusing igbos like you used to do.

Those same igbos and many enlightened yorubas and other tribes in lagos will vote massively for Gbadebo
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by freeborn02: 6:28am On Mar 10, 2023
eleniyan2020:
go back to your state and tell that to your governors!

Lagos belongs to everybody that pays tax there.

Stop talking like a mentally backward idiot.
When you were selling lagos lands to them, you didn't tell them to go to their states and buy land.

So, you lack the moral justification to say that now.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by shonepa(m): 6:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Explain what you mean by taking our Lagos back. Na who collect am from u before?

Fighter2029:
Dismantle the Tinubu business empire,we need our Lagos state back,vote APC out of our state
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by PeggySandas(f): 6:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Naira20:
The bolded is the reason he must give way for those who can do it without a kleptomaniac godfather.

If someone rehearses madness for 4years, how many years do you think it'll take to execute madness?

Sanwo-olu is dangerous and can't be trusted

Ikpeazu and his cohorts giving your mothers kerosene to drink is not your problem, but lagos is.

Go back to your region if don't like how we yorubas run our things. You aren't held at gunpoint to stay in lagos.

Umu nkita!
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Doyou2019: 6:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Natbrowny:
First Governor to meet protesters in ur state? Is Olu normal.

He been dey expect make Kebbi State or Ebonyi state Governors be d first to come meet protesters abi.

What he did afterwards was terrible. Did he think meeting with protesters could cancel out inviting soldiers on hapless youths exercising their rights
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Evergreen12345(f): 6:31am On Mar 10, 2023
how many houses your papa get for Lagos ? also tell your people doing credit card FRAUD in london to go back to there country too. church rat!
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by onatisi(m): 6:31am On Mar 10, 2023
the only thing I have against sanwo olu is the APC political thuggery machinery, the state government has been backing those criminals all in the name of nurtw and turning them to overnight billionaires and kingpins.
but there are two things we must consider, if sanwo is voted out of office, what do we know what the next person coming in will do ? the person coming might even do more, because this agbero system is fully entrenched in Lagos society.
secondly is that the way sanwo has been behaving lately shows that he knew he could have done much better than he has been doing , I believe he should be given a second chance,he will definitely win this election though.
Doyou2019:

I could never vote for a governor who tacitly supports agberos and uses these scum for the suppression of Lagosians. No sane Omo Eko would do such a stupid thing for whatever reason!
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by ogwumgbe: 6:32am On Mar 10, 2023
eleniyan2020:

Is Lagos your State? No indigene of Lagos State is supporting him. Why can't you allow Lagosians to choose who will govern them?
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Evergreen12345(f): 6:32am On Mar 10, 2023
compton11:
That protest was planted by OSUs to destroy Yoruba Land,ask them why didnt go their states to protest.

what is your state of health first ?
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by ozo13(m): 6:33am On Mar 10, 2023
Naira20:
The bolded is the reason he must give way for those who can do it without a kleptomaniac godfather.

If someone rehearses madness for 4years, how many years do you think it'll take to execute madness?

Sanwo-olu is dangerous and can't be trusted
one good thing I love about politics in recent dispensation is that most of the people one condemn or support got hands in same thing.
You accuse Sanwo olu of having a kleptomaniac godfather.
Then I ask who is Bode George to GRV(= perhaps his godfather) and what can you say abt Bode George and corruption
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by ogwumgbe: 6:34am On Mar 10, 2023
PeggySandas:

Ikpeazu and his cohorts giving your mothers kerosene to drink is not your problem, but lagos is.

Go back to your region if don't like how we yorubas run our things. You aren't held at gunpoint to stay in lagos.

Umu nkita!

It's not Yoruaba election bro, this is Lagos election and and indigene will govern their state as it is done in every other states
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Bleeel002: 6:35am On Mar 10, 2023
Bigchristo:
You don’t have the right to tell any Nigeria citizens to go back to their states, they are free to reside anywhere in the country so long they can afford it, it’s getting too much for you people using such nonsense words
why wasting your time replying the local dummy.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Doyou2019: 6:36am On Mar 10, 2023
onatisi:
the only thing I have against sanwo olu is the APC political thuggery machinery, the state government has been backing those criminals all in the name of nurtw and turning them to overnight billionaires and kingpins.
but there are two things we must consider, if sanwo is voted out of office, what do we know what the next person coming in will do ? the person coming might even do more, because this agbero system is fully entrenched in Lagos society.
secondly is that the way sanwo has been behaving lately shows that he knew he could have done much better than he has been doing , I believe he should be given a second chance,he will definitely win this election though.

No he shouldn't be given a second chance. He has had his fill and Lagos is ripe for change. Regardless of fear of uncertainty, we just need to give room for a change of guard . Over 22 years of thuggery and godfatherism .and we're still here in the deep end of development.
APC has to go!
O to ge!!!
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by shonepa(m): 6:36am On Mar 10, 2023
Your statement is wrong, Lagos accommodate all tribes but that does not mean Lagos dont have their indegenes. And that does not mean people should take that for granted.

Go pay tax for North and do anyhow na, dem go show u how e dey play.

Na people like u dey talk say Lagos is no mans land. You are doing well.

freeborn02:

Lagos belongs to everybody that pays tax there.

Stop talking like a mentally backward idiot.
When you were selling lagos lands to them, you didn't tell them to go to their states and buy land.

So, you lack the moral justification to say that now.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by reddingtonblack: 6:37am On Mar 10, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:
What does Sanwo-Olu have to say about the thuggery in Lagos State and the constant harassment of business owners and transporters by these thugs?

Can they be controlled? How?... If he believes he can't control them, as we've seen, then allow someone else

You should see the way these touts cause holdup just because they want to collect money... They don't even care if people in the holdup are complaining or not...

The LASTMA officials have become gods on Lagos road, allowing transporters to pack anyhow thereby causing gridlock, just because of the bribe they collect from them, look at Iyana-Ipaja roundabout and Megida busstops for example

If a governor cannot control those under him/working for him, then he's definitely a weakling... Sanwo-Olu can do better

OGA their is no perfect state anywhere, the true test of a Government, are policies and developmental performance and i will give lagos an A.
Sanwo olu is a balance version of fashola and Ambode,i.e he is a govt for the elites and lower class, nobody likes the activities of the agbero esp. how they cause traffic But that is not good reason to throw away the development and continuity we enjoy in lagos.

We know the downside of APC is agbero but who knows what PDP and LP will be ... should we use 4yrs to experiment then go back to the devil we know
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by omowolewa: 6:37am On Mar 10, 2023
Great
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by gfon(m): 6:40am On Mar 10, 2023
Throwback:
Yes indeed.

Sanwo-Olu your problem is that you made yourself too available and too nice, that you did not see there was a political undertone to the valid protest against the useless Nigeria Police and their SARS unit.

I trust Peter Obi, even if dead bodies are dumped in Ezu River, e no go move body.

Infact, when summoned to attend the EndSARS panel in Anambra to shed more light on what happend while he was Governor, he rather went to court to prevent his appearance.

An enemy of the youth who never joined any protest.

Even his wife just confirmed that her husband love Court wahala.

Those who want your head are the same people who have made a fake messiah out of Peter Obi.

But I trust President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to revisit what happened at Awkuzu SARS, and bring justice to the families who never got the support of Peter Obi.

I remember that it was Tinubu who set up the Office of the Public Defender in Lagos.

Tinubu will surely unearth the buried ghosts of Awkuzu and locate James Nwafor wherever he has been told to hide by those who enabled him.
Chaiii such a long epistle of wailing 😆😆😆
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by onatisi(m): 6:42am On Mar 10, 2023
yes i agree apc has to go 100%, but the million dollar question is , who will take over ? voting in someone like rhodes will be a great mistake, jando too is not even serious sef , i think the opposition has failed to present a credible candidate to replace sanwo and apc, maybe a person like agbaje or ambode would have won easily

Doyou2019:

No he shouldn't be given a second chance. He has had his fill and Lagos is ripe for change. Regardless of fear of uncertainty, we just need to give room for a change of guard . Over 22 years of thuggery and godfathers. and we're still here in the deep end of development.
APC has to go!
O to ge!!!
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by gfon(m): 6:42am On Mar 10, 2023
Occurstaem:
Yep. True.
I still remember the line "soro soke were" while he was addressing the protesters.

Sanwo-Olu has a kind heart ❤️.
Has he mentioned who ordered the protest and have they been prosecuted? Useless ass licking you hypocrites protray
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by CodeTemplar: 6:45am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Lagos is not easy to govern, I believe he’ll do more . Sanwo Olu is not a violent man and if you think otherwise then bring your proof
We know your thinking pattern already.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Doyou2019: 6:49am On Mar 10, 2023
onatisi:
yes i agree apc has to go 100%, but the million dollar question is , who will take over ? voting in someone like rhodes will be a great mistake, jando too is not even serious sef , i think the opposition has failed to present a credible candidate to replace sanwo and apc, maybe a person like agbaje or ambode would have won easily

Rhodes just doled out 15m to victims of the fire at Ikere. He was the first to show up for those unfortunate traders. Tells you something about his empathy and all-round personality.
Have you listened to Jandor? That man knows Lagos than Sanwo ever will. I listened to his interview on Tuesday and was wowed by his solutions to the traffic problems we're facing in this city.
Either of these two potentially would do way better than this mediocrity APC keeps delivering and that's a fact!

GRV will win this easily!
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Angelfrost(m): 6:49am On Mar 10, 2023
eleniyan2020:

Who sold lands to them in your state?!! Did they invade Lagos and assume citizenship like Fulanis?!!

Who has been collecting Billions and trillions in taxes from these people you despise do much for decades?!!

I agree they should go back to their states... But your elders and Omoniles should cough up all the money they have been extorting from these "aliens" for decades!

Y'all just come online and act stupid out of misguided hatred!
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by reddingtonblack: 6:49am On Mar 10, 2023
Doyou2019:

This propaganda don cast. You think Nigerians are fools to take Sanwo 's words over the military' s? Sense no dey una heads you miserable urchins.
The military were disgusted at the lies told that they weren't invited by LASG. A General blew this wicked lie to smithereens during the panels and there are videos to show for it.
What responsible leader invites soldiers to peaceful protests organised by innocent youths of his constituent?
The APC will rue this wickedness. We told them in 2020!

It is not about what anyone says at these point, it is about what the constitution says, No governor has the power to give order to the military
Yeah ! Sanwo can call for military presence but he will have to go through the president and when it times fir military to act the GCFR MUST SANCTION it.
What happened in lagos during Endsars was a call for "state of the Emergency" the governor is relegated, go n read on that topic yourself

Before APC will suffer anything PETER OBi will be the 1st to be haunted and disgraced for the youths that were killed in Akwuzu
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Amya(f): 6:50am On Mar 10, 2023
If Sanwoolu had come into that seat by his own merits, I would have supported him. But as it is, he's merely a lackey, a puppet and a person put in the position merely to protect another person's interest in the state. He must go!
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Godfullsam(m): 6:52am On Mar 10, 2023
Doyou2019:

I could never vote for a governor who tacitly supports agberos and uses these scum for the suppression of Lagosians. No sane Omo Eko would do such a stupid thing for whatever reason!

Mention one state where there is no agbero.

Have you been to anambra state? The level of agberoism in lagos is a child play compared to anambra.

Even Abuja have agberos
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Angelfrost(m): 6:52am On Mar 10, 2023
Doyou2019:

What he did afterwards was terrible. Did he think meeting with protesters could cancel out inviting soldiers on hapless youths exercising their rights

What he did or what the real rulers of Lagos commanded him to do?!!

Lol... Sanwo-Olu is just a figurehead in that office abeg!

Seyi Tinubu and MC Oluomo have more power and influence than that man in Lagos! grin

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Kei144(m): 6:54am On Mar 10, 2023
eleniyan2020:

Sanwo-Olu himself is not a ban-fide Lagosian. He is from Ondo State. Every non-bona-fide Lagosian should go to his native state and run for governor.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by onatisi(m): 6:55am On Mar 10, 2023
i believe rhodes is an opportunist, he wants to take advantage of the obedient movement, well which is politically not bad but just that he has never been tested. secondly, i will agree with you on jando , though i have not heard him live i have read his interviews. all I am saying is if sanwo is voted out, we should be very careful not to vote in a misfit who will destroy everything.

then usually when the opposition is this fragmented and everyone sees a loophole and rushes towards it, they usually end up giving the person in power the edge to win again.
Doyou2019:

Rhodes just doled out 15m to victims of the fire at Ikere. He was the first to show up for those unfortunate traders. Tells you something about his empathy and all-round personality.
Have you listened to Jandor? That man knows Lagos than Sanwo ever will. I listened to his interview on Tuesday and was wowed by his solutions to the traffic problems we're facing in this city.
Either of these two potentially would do way better than this mediocrity APC keeps delivering and that's a fact!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by mrblessed(m): 6:58am On Mar 10, 2023
Why he is explaining these thing now! We are just backward people.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Papichulostunne(m): 6:58am On Mar 10, 2023
Throwback:
Yes indeed.

Sanwo-Olu your problem is that you made yourself too available and too nice, that you did not see there was a political undertone to the valid protest against the useless Nigeria Police and their SARS unit.

I trust Peter Obi, even if dead bodies are dumped in Ezu River, e no go move body.

Infact, when summoned to attend the EndSARS panel in Anambra to shed more light on what happend while he was Governor, he rather went to court to prevent his appearance.

An enemy of the youth who never joined any protest.

Even his wife just confirmed that her husband love Court wahala.

Those who want your head are the same people who have made a fake messiah out of Peter Obi.

But I trust President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to revisit what happened at Awkuzu SARS, and bring justice to the families who never got the support of Peter Obi.

I remember that it was Tinubu who set up the Office of the Public Defender in Lagos.

Tinubu will surely unearth the buried ghosts of Awkuzu and locate James Nwafor wherever he has been told to hide by those who enabled him.
Did you go out to protest? Post your picture let me see.. So i will know if you are an enemy of the youth for not coming out too.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Doyou2019: 7:00am On Mar 10, 2023
Godfullsam:

Mention one state where there is no agbero.

Have you been to anambra state? The level of agberoism in lagos is a child play compared to anambra.

Even Abuja have agberos

The Lagos agberos are a rare breed. These ones leave the parks and come into your neighborhood for their owoda duties. Dem dey collect Owo oga, Owo Iyawo oga, Owo orisirisi and you sit there to even defend their actions. At least the Anambra government is clamping down on their own vermins ; the ones here are brazenly supported by the government at the expense of ordinary citizens who just want to survive.
Is this your dream for Lagos? To have these scum continue to exploiting and extorting you and your children in perpetuity?
What a shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alhaji Kabiru Janyau, Zamfara State Commissioner In His Own Recorded Leaked Vid / Osinbajo Visits Anambra For Tradermoni Enumeration And Disbursement / Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.