Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo (42760 Views)

Look What Palmcredit Sent Me / How This ATM Card Fraud Sent Me Back To Village - FATTKAY / Credit Alert From An Unknown Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 8:49am On Mar 09, 2023
i was searching through my mail and i found out that i saw someone i don't know send me $550 and i don't have account with world remit ,
but i don't know how the person got my account first bank number and email. i have mailed world remit but they are telling me different thing entirely . do they charge for receiving money from abroad. Any one use World Remit Before please .. i have friends that sent money from USA to me Twice but none of them have told me they sent me money. and that have my first bank account number ....

i don't understand this message i got .

they even said i should confirm my account details and others things..i have not click the link coz i dont know maybe they want to hack my bank account...

this is the email from the scammers:WorldRemit <mail@xmz-productions.org>
reply-to: mail@xmz-productions.org

this is the email from worldremit original site that they reply my mail : Data Privacy <dataprivacy@worldremit.com>

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by shaybebaby(f): 8:51am On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
i was searching through my mail and i found out that i saw someone i don't know send me $550 and i don't have account with world remit ,
but i don't know how the person got my account first bank number and email. i have mailed world remit but they are telling me different thing entirely . do they charge for receiving money from abroad. Any one use World Remit Before please .. i have friends that sent money from USA to me Twice but none of them have told me they sent me money. and that have my first bank account number ....

i don't understand this message i got
Scam!!

156 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 8:53am On Mar 09, 2023
shaybebaby:

Scam!!
really because i dont undertsand this..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Zonefree(m): 8:53am On Mar 09, 2023
Note;
You're to pay a service charge of N3000 grin

All these big grammar and format just for 3k scam

327 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by shaybebaby(f): 8:59am On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
really because i dont undertsand this..
As far as I know from using world remit in the past, any associated costs with transferring funds is borne by the sender and also any due diligence regarding the receiver.

Also the use of the word " someone" in the email is suspicious.

Don't click on the link in the email whatever you do. Also check the email from which the message was sent from, I'm fairly certain it won't be the same as on the world remit Web page.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2023
shaybebaby:

As far as I know from using world remit in the past, any associated costs with transferring funds is borne by the sender and also any due diligence regarding the receiver.

Don't click on the link in the email whatever you do. Also check the email from which the message was sent from, I'm fairly certain it won't be the same as on the world remit Web page.
yes because their email is different but have you paid charges for receiving money f rom abroad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by shaybebaby(f): 9:05am On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
yes because their email is different but have you paid charges for receiving money f rom abroad
I've never received money but I have sent funds to people before, all that happens is they receive text notification that their account has been credited ( I receive the same notification too that the funds have been transferred successfully.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:09am On Mar 09, 2023
shaybebaby:

I've never received money but I have sent funds to people before, all that happens is they receive text notification that their account has been credited ( I receive the same notification too that the funds have been transferred successfully.
me i didn't even receive text message .

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:10am On Mar 09, 2023
shaybebaby:

Data Privacy <dataprivacy@worldremit.com> this is the mail i got from the original website ....fro replying my query but the other email from the scammers is WorldRemit <mail@xmz-productions.org>
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:11am On Mar 09, 2023
Zonefree:
Note;

yes i was surprised 3000 for what

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by frankadrian: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:

Data Privacy <dataprivacy@worldremit.com> this is the mail i got from the original website ....fro replying my query but the other email from the scammers is WorldRemit <mail@xmz-productions.org>

Lol. And you still dey ask questions? Well na just 3k scam so e no go too pain you.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by pansophist(m): 9:24am On Mar 09, 2023
It's a scam. I use world remit to send money to Nigeria always even last week, and the confirmation you received is not how it looks.

They are to receive it in dollars, so the conversion is a giveaway. Also, cashing out is free. You don't pay anything.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 09, 2023
If you pay, you are finished. They may use the extra details they get from your payment to withdraw everything in your account. Comot for there. It's scam.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by shaybebaby(f): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:

So there's your answer. It's a scam email

13 Likes

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:41am On Mar 09, 2023
Shoodboi:
If you pay, you are finished. They may use the extra details they get from your payment to withdraw everything in your account. Comot for there. It's scam.
thanks bro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by ruggedtimi(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2023
U dey see service fee....u still dey ask if na scam

19 Likes

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by marlow1962(m): 11:53am On Mar 09, 2023
Zonefree:
Note;

grin 3k go buy them Az or indomie and sardine

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2023
marlow1962:

grin 3k go buy them Az or indomie and sardine i wonder service fee 3000 nah waho for them oooooooooooooo
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Luther0luther: 12:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
I don't think you have to worry about the "3k. have you clicked the link?

4 Likes

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by IkeIgboNile(m): 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2023
Can this worldremit be used to receive money in Nigeria? Because i can't find Nigeria in the list of countries on the app. I normally use remitly and i haven't heard of this one before.

Op, from the little knowledge i have about receiving money from outside Nigeria. You will get a text message with the sender's name, the amount and "most importantly" they don't demand any fee from you because the sender must've paid for that before sending the money.

7 Likes

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
Can this worldremit be used to receive money in Nigeria? Because i can't find Nigeria in the list of countries on the app. I normally use remitly and i haven't heard of this one before.

Op, from the little knowledge i have about receiving money from outside Nigeria. You will get a text message with the sender's name, the amount and "most importantly" they don't demand any fee from you because the sender must've paid for that before sending the money.
thanks they wanted to scam me Ni ......

4 Likes

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by IkeIgboNile(m): 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo

Looks that way bro. Please can someone confirm that this world remit can be used to receive money directly to Nigeria.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2023
Kindly sow a seed of 3,000 Naira into the scammers account cheesy

Money doesn’t just fall from the skies, be wise

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by imagrg(m): 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
Run with both legs flying oh!

3 Likes

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by techWriter3: 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
gonna to payment a service charge of N3000 All these big grammar and format just for 3k scam

Um, Check my profile if you need help with your personal statement, statement of purpose, thesis, dissertation, or assignment.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Earthstorms(m): 4:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:

i don't understand this message i got .

they even said i should confirm my account details and others things..i have not click the link coz i dont know maybe they want to hack my bank account...

this is the email from the scammers:WorldRemit <mail@xmz-productions.org>
reply-to: mail@xmz-productions.org

this is the email from worldremit original site that they reply my mail : Data Privacy <dataprivacy@worldremit.com>

It is a scam.

Look at the email reply you got from worldremit

It came from a domain called worldremit.com that is why you have @worldremit.com in the email address.

Now check the scam email you got, it came from a domain called xmz-productions.org that is why you have @xmz-productions.org in the email address.

The scam email did not originate from world remit.

If you click on the link, you might either download a virus that can cause you havoc or the link might ask for personal or banking data that can be used to steal your money.

6 Likes

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
Earthstorms:

It is a scam.

Look at the email reply you got from worldremit

It came from a domain called worldremit.com that is why you have @worldremit.com in the email address.

Now check the scam email you got, it came from a domain called xmz-productions.org that is why you have @xmz-productions.org in the email address.

The scam email did not originate from world remit.

If you click on the link, you might either download a virus that can cause you havoc or the link might ask for personal or banking data that can be used to steal your money.
thanks for the info God bless you brother, I really appreciate, I didn't click the link shaaaa.me self I wise pass them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
Kindly sow a seed of 3,000 Naira into the scammers account cheesy

Money doesn’t just fall from the skies, be wise
lol funny you
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
handsomeyitayo

Looks that way bro. Please can someone confirm that this world remit can be used to receive money directly to Nigeria.
I think they do you can email them thru will reply you ...
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by SmartPolician: 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
If someone credits your account using WorldRemit, you are supposed to be credited with your local currency. That is, the naira equivalent of $550. Why are you receiving an email? You are supposed to get credit alert from your bank.

Cc handsomeyitayo

7 Likes

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Passionate888: 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
Go collect am na cheesy
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Icarus99(f): 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
Na very foolish scam, you go need pay 3k as service fee why can’t they remove it from the money shey the $555 Dey their hand, make them comot 10k send me the rest

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Recover Funds From Accounts Of Deceased Loved Ones. / What's The Price Of A Bag Of Cement In Nigeria Right Now? / Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.