Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo (42797 Views)

Look What Palmcredit Sent Me / How This ATM Card Fraud Sent Me Back To Village - FATTKAY / Credit Alert From An Unknown Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
Zonefree:
Note;
You're to pay a service charge of N3000 grin

All these big grammar and format just for 3k scam
Lol.
D hustle is real.
Lol.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by chymeze: 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
An unknown person or entity sending you money you know you never worked for or merited in anyway is obviously a scam

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by akway22: 7:53pm On Mar 09, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
handsomeyitayo
thanks they wanted to scam me Ni ......

Looks that way bro. Please can someone confirm that this world remit can be used to receive money directly to Nigeria.
. Yes of course
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by MatrixCircle: 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2023
Report to Police with evidence of the transfer.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by iamdapsyj(m): 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
i was searching through my mail and i found out that i saw someone i don't know send me $550 and i don't have account with world remit ,
but i don't know how the person got my account first bank number and email. i have mailed world remit but they are telling me different thing entirely . do they charge for receiving money from abroad. Any one use World Remit Before please .. i have friends that sent money from USA to me Twice but none of them have told me they sent me money. and that have my first bank account number ....

i don't understand this message i got .

they even said i should confirm my account details and others things..i have not click the link coz i dont know maybe they want to hack my bank account...

this is the email from the scammers:WorldRemit <mail@xmz-productions.org>
reply-to: mail@xmz-productions.org

this is the email from worldremit original site that they reply my mail : Data Privacy <dataprivacy@worldremit.com>

@op that's the kind of job that hushpuppy and co does o! That's a big scam and if you click that link, you are so done for. That's what they call phishing!!!

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Christian07(m): 8:02pm On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
i was searching through my mail and i found out that i saw someone i don't know send me $550 and i don't have account with world remit ,
but i don't know how the person got my account first bank number and email. i have mailed world remit but they are telling me different thing entirely . do they charge for receiving money from abroad. Any one use World Remit Before please .. i have friends that sent money from USA to me Twice but none of them have told me they sent me money. and that have my first bank account number ....

they even said i should confirm my account details and others things..i have not click the link coz i dont know maybe they want to hack my bank account...

this is the email from worldremit original site that they reply my mail : Data Privacy <dataprivacy@worldremit.com>

Na to go open worldremit
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by DJInfluence: 8:02pm On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
yes because their email is different but have you paid charges for receiving money f rom abroad
you don't pay for receiving money. The sender pays the fees based on how much is sent.
Line already mentioned by several people here, this is a scam. When you receive money, the notification you get, tells you who the sender is as well. This email is too generic.
And whatever you do, DON'T CLICK THE LINK.

As a side note, did you see any money in your back account? And

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Perseverance127: 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
Scam, block the sender and delete the message. Don't click on the link.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by manalejo(m): 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
I have a friend who sends me money regularly using WorldRemit. WorldRemit will never send you an email but an sms and they will only sends you your Collection and Tracking Numbers. This one is a scam. And I don't think they sends money directly to a Nigerian Account Number. This is definitely a SCAM, please don't click on the link.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by chicoMX(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
grin
Let's forget about the 3k first.
Have you heard of phishing?

You could click on that link and all your passwords saved on you PC will be copied.

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Kimiso(m): 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:

share me the link let me Access it for you and give you feedback
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2023
I don fear when I saw the headline.

I thought na unknown gunmen sent you $550.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by pquaver(m): 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
really because i dont undertsand this..

SCAM
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by pquaver(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
shaybebaby:

I've never received money but I have sent funds to people before, all that happens is they receive text notification that their account has been credited ( I receive the same notification too that the funds have been transferred successfully.

My wife doesn't pay money to receive money from abroad.. If i send naira it goes direct into her bank accounts.. If I send dollar or euro, infact the bank pays her 500 naira for every 100 dollar I send. The bank pays you instead for receiving money ...
Run oooo Run oOoOO before you start feeling like perhaps and nevertheless..

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by pansophist(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
Mrjuice:

Good evening pansophist, please I am having issues with WR. My brother normally use WorldRemit to send money into my Dom account every month. However, I haven't received the one he sent last month(February), but the money was deducted from his account. Now he's scared of sending another one this month because he doesn't want it to get stuck. Any suggestions? Justwise .
Please find below attached screenshot of our WhatsApp conversation,

You should be taking your complain to worldremit customer's service. There is absolutely nothing I can do about this.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Poleski: 8:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
Run oo!
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Icarus99(f): 9:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
davit:

As foolish as it is, some people will fall for it.
you are correct
Only greedy buttwads though

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by oliverwrites: 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:

I am sure in the last 10 years I have used worldremit about 200 times ( could well be more as I work online and receive payments from clients through it ) this is 100% a scam.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by AutoRedux: 9:15pm On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:

Your greed no go let you see say this na cheap scam to get 3k from you.

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by OgaTheTop2: 9:16pm On Mar 09, 2023
If you were not expecting any money then it's a big scam. Scram!
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Reelmii: 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
handsomeyitayo:

grin grin,, na wah oo...someone cannot scam u in peace again without u investigating...u no fit do 3k give away to ur fellow gender grin grin....small scam wey them wan scam u now, u don come cast them grin
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by marsup: 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2023
It's a scam, that's not their message template.
They don't use " someone".

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by marsup: 9:43pm On Mar 09, 2023
It's a scam, that's not their message template.
They don't use " someone".
It will clearly state the name of the person that sent the money, and the designated banks.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by clarion30(f): 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
🤣🤣🤣pure scam. I receive money through world remit and it doesn't come like that. What you'll see on top is "world remit", just as banks send customised messages. And it clearly states the name of the sender, mentions the possible banks you can cash out from. It's even the bank that will give you naira incentive.

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Maxsunny: 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
Big scam, that 3k na him Dem wan scam you,and for your own good do not click on that link they ask you to click and heck your details uote author=shaybebaby post=121594588]
Scam!![/quote]
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by moneyissweet(m): 10:53pm On Mar 09, 2023
Nigeria scammers just dey learn work aswear

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Juoflife1(f): 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2023
This email is not from worldremit op.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by IkeIgboNile(m): 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2023
akway22
Yes of course

But Nigeria is not amongst the countries listed as country of residence on the app. How do i register with them.

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by mutantninja: 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
Zonefree:
Note;
You're to pay a service charge of N3000 grin

All these big grammar and format just for 3k scam
3k X 1,000 victims = ?
Upgrade the grey matter don’t try to be too smart. Think think think before you speak. Scams like this are really effective as it is sent to millions of email accounts.

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 11:58pm On Mar 09, 2023
SmartPolician:
If someone credits your account using WordRemit, you are supposed to be credited with your local currency. That is, the naira equivalent of $550. Why are you receiving an email? You are supposed to get credit alert from your bank.

Cc handsomeyitayo
thanks I did not see alert ...it just surprised me
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 11:58pm On Mar 09, 2023
Icarus99:

Na very foolish scam, you go need pay 3k as service fee why can’t they remove it from the money shey the $555 Dey their hand, make them comot 10k send me the rest
foolish set of scammers ,they are amateur

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Darlington Nwabunike: Meet the 'King of Billionaires' / I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. / Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.