Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo (42798 Views)

Look What Palmcredit Sent Me / How This ATM Card Fraud Sent Me Back To Village - FATTKAY / Credit Alert From An Unknown Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 12:01am On Mar 10, 2023
Sunisonflex39:
Please someone should help me for MTN data so I can login to zoom interview I have tomorrow..

Abeg no use God beg una.. nothing him body atol

07064390960 MTN
ok you will manage 500 hundred naira ..no vex e too small ..wat ur real number .... inbox me so I can recharge yu

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 12:04am On Mar 10, 2023
zudozz:

It is not a scam, not unill they ask you to pay $55 to receive the $550 or they hack you n empty ur bank account.

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK LINK OR ANYTHING THEY SEND TO YOU TO CLICK OR TO FILL!
thanks bro
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 12:05am On Mar 10, 2023
bamitinn:
They sent to me too.
Na SCAM check email they used to sent it.
I replied the mudafucca.
Nah wah ooo, I don't know how they Kno my bank account

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 12:07am On Mar 10, 2023
Watinhapen:
You’re a greedy person that’s why you’re even asking question about this. Who is someone? Can’t you ask yourself that. Only greedy people falls for scam. It’s obvious this is cheap scam.
greedy me I can't fall for it , I just have to let people be aware Ni nah..me person go scam me nah lie..

1 Like

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by godwon01(m): 3:04am On Mar 10, 2023
Egungun becareful.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Stevven(m): 4:16am On Mar 10, 2023
This is a scam to collect your personal data, don't enter any information.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Ropostic120(m): 4:33am On Mar 10, 2023
It is a scam
I have used world Remit like three times to receive money from USA and I didn't pay any charge at all
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by HIbreed(m): 5:00am On Mar 10, 2023
pansophist:
It's a scam. I use world remit to send money to Nigeria always even last week, and the confirmation you received is not how it looks.

They are to receive it in dollars, so the conversion is a giveaway. Also, cashing out is free. You don't pay anything.
When you send the money do they receive it in naira or usd?
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by HIbreed(m): 5:01am On Mar 10, 2023
Ropostic120:
It is a scam
I have used world Remit like three times to receive money from USA and I didn't pay any charge at all
Do Worldremit send the money in naira or usd?
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Omoolaissagoal: 5:11am On Mar 10, 2023
Yes, it just landed in my account. May the change method
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by HERITAGEFASHION(m): 7:34am On Mar 10, 2023
It's a scam.
1. Nothing concerns your Nigerian Account number in receiving money in Word remit.

2.Word Remit tell you the full name of the sender and place of sending.

3. Lastly,CBN will give you extra money like 2,500 naira for receiving dollar in Nigeria. They call it i think "Appreciation" or so.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by OwoukoUrua(m): 8:04am On Mar 10, 2023
Zonefree:
Note;
You're to pay a service charge of N3000 grin

All these big grammar and format just for 3k scam

₦3k multiplied by 100k+ gullible/greedy/desperate Nigerians
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Dnockeror333(m): 8:31am On Mar 10, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
i was searching through my mail and i found out that i saw someone i don't know send me $550 and i don't have account with world remit ,
but i don't know how the person got my account first bank number and email. i have mailed world remit but they are telling me different thing entirely . do they charge for receiving money from abroad. Any one use World Remit Before please .. i have friends that sent money from USA to me Twice but none of them have told me they sent me money. and that have my first bank account number ....

i don't understand this message i got .

they even said i should confirm my account details and others things..i have not click the link coz i dont know maybe they want to hack my bank account...

this is the email from the scammers:WorldRemit <mail@xmz-productions.org>
reply-to: mail@xmz-productions.org

this is the email from worldremit original site that they reply my mail : Data Privacy <dataprivacy@worldremit.com>

That was how I was scammed, having nobody to reply or comment in my post here on Naira land. For two days, I posted about an European saying she is sending me something... I weep that day for my loss of huge money.

Do not click it. The scammers are so mad and they will go mad on every streets soon.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2023
Its a scam, listen to the people who have reacted, they are after your 3k.

Just like those scammers claiming to be custom agents on facebook selling mint cars for 300k claiming they re auctioned cars.

They ask you to pay 50k for logistics and you never hear from them again after payment , beware the scammers.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by fasa1touch(m): 9:14am On Mar 10, 2023
HERITAGEFASHION:
It's a scam.
1. Nothing concerns your Nigerian Account number in receiving money in Word remit.

2.Word Remit tell you the full name of the sender and place of sending.

3. Lastly,CBN will give you extra money like 2,500 naira for receiving dollar in Nigeria. They call it i think "Appreciation" or so.
Incentive
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:20am On Mar 10, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
ok you will manage 500 hundred naira ..no vex e too small ..wat ur real number .... inbox me so I can recharge yu

Thank u sir
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Chomsky1967(f): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
handsomeyitayo
thanks they wanted to scam me Ni ......

Looks that way bro. Please can someone confirm that this world remit can be used to receive money directly to Nigeria.
Yes, I've gotten money through world remit in Nigeria
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by jackie35(m): 11:24am On Mar 10, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
i was searching through my mail and i found out that i saw someone i don't know send me $550 and i don't have account with world remit ,
but i don't know how the person got my account first bank number and email. i have mailed world remit but they are telling me different thing entirely . do they charge for receiving money from abroad. Any one use World Remit Before please .. i have friends that sent money from USA to me Twice but none of them have told me they sent me money. and that have my first bank account number ....

i don't understand this message i got .

they even said i should confirm my account details and others things..i have not click the link coz i dont know maybe they want to hack my bank account...

this is the email from the scammers:WorldRemit <mail@xmz-productions.org>
reply-to: mail@xmz-productions.org

this is the email from worldremit original site that they reply my mail : Data Privacy <dataprivacy@worldremit.com>

I hope you do not have money in that account, otherwise, Gbese looming.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by gozibizzle(m): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
Do not click that confirm account details or they will wipe your account !
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

Thank u sir
SORY I WAS BUSY I JUST CAME ONLINE ...NO VEX ...HOW IS YOU INTERVIEW ..I W ILL DO IT NOW
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
Dnockeror333:

That was how I was scammed, having nobody to reply or comment in my post here on Naira land. For two days, I posted about an European saying she is sending me something... I weep that day for my loss of huge money.

Do not click it. The scammers are so mad and they will go mad on every streets soon.
REALLY WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CLICK IT ....
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

Thank u sir
I JUST DID BY 2.09PM , 1WEEK GB 500 I WAS BUSY SINCE MORNING I HAVE FORGOTEN...JUST REPLY ME IF YOU SEE IT
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by IkeIgboNile(m): 2:23pm On Mar 10, 2023
Chomsky1967

From the USA?? How did you set it up since Nigeria isn't among the countries listed. How do you make a withdrawal?
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by luluosas(m): 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
Scam
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Chomsky1967(f): 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
Chomsky1967

From the USA?? How did you set it up since Nigeria isn't among the countries listed. How do you make a withdrawal?
From the UK. I just walked into the bank with my code and valid ID. It didn't take 20 minutes to get my money which was paid in Dollar bills.
You don't need to set up anything.
My last transaction on world remit was about 3weeks ago
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by IkeIgboNile(m): 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
Chomsky1967
From the UK. I just walked into the bank with my code and valid ID. It didn't take 20 minutes to get my money which was paid in Dollar bills.

Well i just downloaded the app and I'm finding it difficult to register on the app because Nigeria is not listed there. I normally use Remitly to receive money from the states directly into my domiciliary account.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Sunisonflex39(m): 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
I JUST DID BY 2.09PM , 1WEEK GB 500 I WAS BUSY SINCE MORNING I HAVE FORGOTEN...JUST REPLY ME IF YOU SEE IT

Thank u sir..seen
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Sunisonflex39(m): 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
SORY I WAS BUSY I JUST CAME ONLINE ...NO VEX ...HOW IS YOU INTERVIEW ..I W ILL DO IT NOW

Omo..the interview Sha get as e be now
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by handsomeyitayo(m): 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

Omo..the interview Sha get as e be now
God will locate you with good Job
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Sunisonflex39(m): 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
God will locate you with good Job

Amen
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Chomsky1967(f): 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
Chomsky1967

Well i just downloaded the app and I'm finding it difficult to register on the app because Nigeria is not listed there. I normally use Remitly to receive money from the states directly into my domiciliary account.
Why do you need the app to receive money?
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by IkeIgboNile(m): 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2023
Chomsky1967
Why do you need the app to receive money?

Thought it could be a nice alternative but it's obviously not for Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Darlington Nwabunike: Meet the 'King of Billionaires' / I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. / Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.