Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,378 members, 7,822,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo (42804 Views)

Look What Palmcredit Sent Me / How This ATM Card Fraud Sent Me Back To Village - FATTKAY / Credit Alert From An Unknown Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by pansophist(m): 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
HIbreed:
When you send the money do they receive it in naira or usd?

In usd. Banks will give them usd. Direct transfer of naira to bank account have stopped.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Ropostic120(m): 2:03am On Mar 11, 2023
HIbreed:
Do Worldremit send the money in naira or usd?

They send in dollars
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Kobicove(m): 7:01am On Mar 11, 2023
This email was sent by scammers, all the telltale signs are there
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by HIbreed(m): 9:50am On Mar 11, 2023
pansophist:

In usd. Banks will give them usd. Direct transfer of naira to bank account have stopped.
Ok. Thanks. But what if the bank said there is no dollars available to give.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by HIbreed(m): 9:51am On Mar 11, 2023
Ropostic120:

They send in dollars
Ok. Thanks. Is it through beneficiary's dormicillary account?
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by pansophist(m): 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
HIbreed:
Ok. Thanks. But what if the bank said there is no dollars available to give.

Seek for a refund from worldremit.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by HIbreed(m): 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2023
pansophist:

Seek for a refund from worldremit.
thanks.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Ropostic120(m): 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
HIbreed:
Ok. Thanks. Is it through beneficiary's dormicillary account?
No domiciliary account then and you can collect the dollar directly from banks like Access
I went to Access twice then to collect mine
The banks will get the money in dollars and they will give the receiver in Naira.
They won't give out the dollars to the receiver.That was in 2021 but I don't know if that has changed now
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by HIbreed(m): 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
Ropostic120:

No domiciliary account then and you can collect the dollar directly from banks like Access
I went to Access twice then to collect mine
The banks will get the money in dollars and they will give the receiver in Naira.
They won't give out the dollars to the receiver.That was in 2021 but I don't know if that has changed now
thanks for your detailed input but i want to be clear on something. If in event of dollar shortage, what exchange rate is used at payout?
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Ropostic120(m): 7:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
HIbreed:
thanks for your detailed input but i want to be clear on something. If in event of dollar shortage, what exchange rate is used at payout?

Though you can tell the banker in charge that you will like to change the dollar from ABOKI people and and there are ABOKIS who work indirectly with bankers,especially banker in charge of western union and Co..They will come and change the dollar for you and their rates are always higher than that of the bank.
The first one I got,bank gave me the money after they have converted to Naira and the second time,the banker in charge helped me to call ABOKI to change the money
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by HIbreed(m): 6:05am On Mar 12, 2023
Ropostic120:

Though you can tell the banker in charge that you will like to change the dollar from ABOKI people and and there are ABOKIS who work indirectly with bankers,especially banker in charge of western union and Co..They will come and change the dollar for you and their rates are always higher than that of the bank.
The first one I got,bank gave me the money after they have converted to Naira and the second time,the banker in charge helped me to call ABOKI to change the money
Ok. Thank you.
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Ropostic120(m): 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2023
HIbreed:
Ok. Thank you.
You are welcome bro
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2023
handsomeyitayo:
God will locate you with good Job

Good afternoon bro..I got the job even though the pay is manageable....I couldn't say no because Sapa dey..right now I am looking for who can give me some token let me be managing for TP.. please can you help
Re: Unknown Person Sent Me $550 Via Worldremit. Please, Is This A Scam? Photo by Ashma5824(m): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2023
It's obviously a scam. They keep sending similar messages with the same amount to different mails. Even if it's a grant, it should carry different amounts. This is the message I received in my mail when I opened my mail:

Dear (My name here),
You just received $550 (253,200.00 NGN)
Please provide your account information to receive funds.

NOTE: You are to pay a service fee of 3,000 NGN. Funds won't be disbursed to your account if we can't confirm you have paid the service fee.
CONFIRM ACCOUNT DETAILS
This messages was sent to (my gmail here)@gmail.com from WorldRemit 51 Eastcheap, London, EC3M 1DT, United Kingdom. Company registration number: 07110878WorldRemit Ltd is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Payment Service Regulations 2017 and Electronic Money Regulations 2011. Registration number: 900891� WorldRemit

If you have no more interest in receiving this, please Unsubscribe.

Thanks to nairalanders here for exposing them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady / Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.