Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland (18107 Views)

18th Anniversary Speech Made By Pastor Larry Mishael / Paralyzed Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary Of Car Accident That Paralysed Her / 6 Interesting Facts About Nigeria As We Celebrate Her Independence Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by nwadiuko1(m): 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congratulations to Seun, he has created a very nice stuff, but he should do well to device a way to stop this tribal problem here before it grows to something else

3 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Racoon(m): 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary Nairaland. Weldone Seun!

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by scantee(m): 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2023
We that have been here since 2005 deserve award and recognition

@Seun i have been on this forum since 2005 with some notable names like

1. Honoric1
2. Jennykanry
3. Dayokanu
4. Ishlove
5. Tonye Barcanista
6. Lalasicalala
7. Mukina (Arsenal First Lady)
8. Ifyalways
And many others i can't remember

6 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Nfora: 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2023
Wow!
Over 3million membership kiss

Congrats to all members and owner.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2023
Unfortunately the owner has a very crude mind.

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by BeanX(m): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy 18th anniversary with no single change on this forum, this forum is still filled with toxic people, trolls, vile humans, lowlifes, scammers and tribalistic bigots.

Aside that, the design of this forum is crappy and childish, it's almost two decades but still yet, nothing have change, the admin isn't a serious person.

4 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by IbileIfe: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nuhskhut:
Nairaland Forum was founded by Mr Oluwaseun Osewa,who was a student of the prestigious institution,Obafemi Awolowo University,where he studied electrical engineering in 1998, before he left to focus on the forum.

Since its onset,when the forum was created, on the march 10,2005 (it was whe the founder registered), it has been known to be of great place to learn things that revolve around humans.

Anyways for me,I found nairaland an amazing place to conect with people around the world.And I found it an interesting one.

What about you?
How well do you appreciate Nairaland and its founder?

Congratulations on the awesome success of Nairaland.

I discovered it in 2006 after being of foreign online forums
I discovered many things on Nairaland, including my first most romantic love.
My most popular short story in the literature section of the forum ended up published in "Camouflage: Best of Contemporary Writing from Nigeria":
“…an agenda-setting collection and a major milestone in the history of Nigerian literature only comparable to what Wole Soyinka’s Poems of Black Africa is to students and critics of African literature.”
—Weekly Trust.

No apologies and no regrets.

7 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by madridguy(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
Happy anniversary nairaland.

I have been a member here since 2008, during the Euro 2008 won by Spain.

3 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by GloriousGbola: 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
An scientific investigation into the veracity of the alleged nudes of Anita hogan brought me to this revered forum in 2006.

Since then Mr osewas dark box has refused to release its hold on me cry cry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Mikshomex(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congratulations to him and to all nairalanders
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Akunatakasi(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nuhskhut:
Nairaland Forum was founded by Mr Oluwaseun Osewa,who was a student of the prestigious institution,Obafemi Awolowo University,where he studied electrical engineering in 1998, before he left to focus on the forum.

Since its onset,when the forum was created, on the march 10,2005 (it was whe the founder registered), it has been known to be of great place to learn things that revolve around humans.

Anyways for me,I found nairaland an amazing place to conect with people around the world.And I found it an interesting one.

What about you?
Home of tribalism and bigotry
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by PoliteActivist: 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nuhskhut:
Nairaland Forum was founded by Mr Oluwaseun Osewa,who

Congrats Seun. You created a great, though addictive cheesy, forum!
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by canalily(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
I want to hear from Nadia, Benkuma, Radiclelove, where are these ones.....
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Isabi4lov: 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congratulations to Nairaland 💞💞

Nairaland has given me some friends even a lover 😘😘😘😘

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Burgerlomo: 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congratulations let's dance grin

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by IbileIfe: 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
scantee:
We that have been here since 2005 deserve award and recognition
Seun is very stingy.
I have brought thousands of naira to Nairaland from adverts on the forum. But no gratitude from the owner.

2 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by otokx(m): 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
post=121633254:
OH YEAAAAAAA!!!
GOOD NEWS ❤️😍 💖❣️💕

From all of us @ : Happy Anniversary Nairalanders.
Africa's BIGGEST FORUM.

Happy Anniversary Our Darling Seun Osewa,
Olori Oko Bam Bam.

Where are all the day ones here?
The ones that have been here since 2005,
Let's gather for a selfie guys.

Let's enjoy the day with some delicious foods and Barbecue for All!
Oh la la 😋

Been here since 2005, congratulations Nairaland, it can only get better.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by duro4real(m): 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
So by 20th of may 2023, my account will be 11yrs on this forum. Nairaland has been like a home to me. Seun thank you for coming up with this idea. Life would have been bored to me without Nairaland God bear me witness. Nairaland has been their for me In every stages of my Life. From the days of seeking Admission into tertiary institutions, information on my travels packages, down to my Nysc days, a forum full of intellectuals, Thanks to all Genuine people I have come across here. Gracias 🙏

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by sageb: 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nuhskhut:

What about you?

A good initiative by Seun Osewa
Happy Anniversary
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by HardMirror(m): 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Before he left, meaning he didn't graduate ni. The founder has done a good thing but he should deal decisively with the trial bigots and tribal remarks/comments otherwise he would only turn here to an e-tribal war zone.

In addition, he should listen or have a support thread where complaints, opinions and suggestions are registered.

In all honesty, it been a great place but he has also lost valueable members. From ishilove to lala and to name a few.
you call ishilove a valuable member? Hahahaha. She is one of those that destroyed nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Sharatan(m): 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Forum filled with tribal bigots. Tueh!

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by silverkings: 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
18yrs!! Yet no crackdown on bigotry here... No crackdown on tribalism!!

No wahalaaaaaaaaaaa!!

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by jummex8228(f): 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nuhskhut:

What about you?
I think I joined naira around 2008. And since then I must check it every blessed day. The forum is a very educative space and only of the best to whine away your sorrow very crazy and lovely people. I commend seun osawe and his mod for this great and intelligent work . And I pray will continue to grow more and more by God's grace. Amen. Let us all keep the work going. Up up nairalanders!!!! ........

1 Like

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Chasito(m): 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
This is my most visited app, after whatsapp, I have learnt a lot, from this forum, since 2018 that I first visited it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by kemisole(f): 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
Congratulations & happy anniversary,cheers🥂
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by TheMensch(m): 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
Everybody is shouting that Nairaland is full of toxic tribalistic people...
So who come be the toxic tribalistic people?
undecided

10 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by ouzo1(m): 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
lavylilly:
cheesy
Let's me use this opportunity to thank the founder, but to also appeal to him to listen to yearning of his forumites.

On NL, there are people from all work of life in Nigeria and in diaspora. It was in Nairalamd I got my first foreign job but unfortunately most foreigners are running as a result of no innovation, imagine Gmail without innovation.
It's was in this same forum my neighbors used to get to Canada

There should be a thread/site specially for foreigners, however they should be verified and kindly always do farewell for your mods. I understand it's business no emotions are attached but the best ship are relationships.

There should be verification badges for members 10yrs and above.

That verification is definitely needed...Cuz u cant genuinely help someone here cuz of all diz one kobo scammers.

2 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Favour3783gh: 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Before he left, meaning he didn't graduate ni. The founder has done a good thing but he should deal decisively with the trial bigots and tribal remarks/comments otherwise he would only turn here to an e-tribal war zone.

In addition, he should listen or have a support thread where complaints, opinions and suggestions are registered.

In all honesty, it been a great place but he has also lost valueable members. From ishilove to lala and to name a few.

Wait o ishilove and lala no longer here ?

2 Likes

Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by Allisgud: 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
Seun do giveaway for people who login today
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by scantee(m): 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
IbileIfe:

Seun is very stingy.
I have brought thousands of naira to Nairaland from adverts on the forum. But no gratitude from the owner.

I weak oo, i have been on this forum same year it was created, then we have like 200 members
Re: Happy 18th Anniversary Nairaland by IamSolopy(m): 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Wawu!🥂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heartbroken Teenager Jumps From Third-floor Window In Suicide Bid / How To Spot Fake Bank Alert From The Real One. / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.