Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? (45126 Views)

As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? / I do not feel loved by my wife, Is this enough reason to quit my marriage? / Hauwa, Adam Nuru Wife Is Not Planning To Divorce Him, Stands With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2023
Wow, first time on Nairaland.

Yu used this 👉 grin instead of 👉 undecided today

Wonderful
Kobojunkie:
But he has yet to sell the AC and probably generator? grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 11, 2023
Have a conversation with him. If he doesn't change, go your way. 2023 is too fresh to carry someone else's baggage. A man should put his life in order, or make moves to put them in order. Not gambling his funds and then going to bed immediately after waking up.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Mar 11, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Wow, first time on Nairaland.

Yu used this 👉 grin instead of 👉 undecided today

Wonderful

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Luckysbab: 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2023
all4zionlover:
His money before have always go into gambling.
I have tried several time to save some with me, but he didn't. By now, we would have been on the street begging and suffering if not the fact that I have been hard working on my little business. Put money in my business let it grow, he will not. Come to church and be worshipping so God can help, he will say he's not in the mood. Now, he has nothing and he's not planning on other things.

Madam, it's pure frustration and depression.

If you are fed up and can't help him shake it off, then leave.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Falconx47: 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Since when did a wife or husband become a mental health counselor particular for addiction-related issues? undecided

You claim you are married but have you in fact had to help either your wife or even your son or daughter overcome addiction or are you just mouthing off here when you, in fact, have no real experience dealing with a loved one struggling with addiction problems? undecided

If your significant other cannot counsel and encourage you in bad situations, then who exactly are they to you?

7 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by bonnyhope: 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2023
[quote author=all4zionlover post=121643907]What would you advice in a situation where a husband loses his job due to gambling and decided not to make any effort in search of another job or business or any legal means of making even little money.

He just wakes up in the morning, have his bath, put on the AC and go back to sleep. Only expecting any little thing the wife can cook to eat? He wouldn't pay any bills, provide anything but very humble helping out with house cleaning and washing.

Knowing that the situation is not funny on the wife and two children.

The wife must struggle to make food available no matter how little for the children, because she can't watch the children go hungry.
In a situation like this, when men goes out looking for means of making food available for their children and family, he is comfortable not having anything to offer all the time.
Is this the character of a father and husband that loves?

Is this not enough reason to divorce him?[/quote

Be patient with him

Is just temporary
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by kingyang: 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2023
all4zionlover:
What would you advice in a situation where a husband loses his job due to gambling and decided not to make any effort in search of another job or business or any legal means of making even little money.

He just wakes up in the morning, have his bath, put on the AC and go back to sleep. Only expecting any little thing the wife can cook to eat? He wouldn't pay any bills, provide anything but very humble helping out with house cleaning and washing.

The wife must struggle to make food available no matter how little for the children, because she can't watch the children go hungry.
In a situation like this, when men goes out looking for means of making food available for their children and family, he is comfortable not having anything to offer all the time.

Is this not enough reason to divorce him?

A woman might be jobless for years , but the man won't think of divorce and any negative thought, once a man is jobless and can't take care of his bills as usual , his wife that assist will be thinking of divorce or she can survive without a man. God please don't lead us to such wives . Amen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2023
I dunno why I always follow your comment, once I see your comment, I'll be looking for the next because I know you must comment more than once and probably argue cool
Kobojunkie:

2 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by inforesource: 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2023
all4zionlover:
What would you advice in a situation where a husband loses his job due to gambling and decided not to make any effort in search of another job or business or any legal means of making even little money.

Not a good reason to do so except the madam is already eying something better. You know how you met him, you can put him back and try to let him see reasons why he should get up and work. Engage him in frank discussion, no hold-bar but with humility.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Giftexx: 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2023
all4zionlover:
He can not do that. They're mine.
he should divorce u for this ridicle?
Everything will be fine...just relax, pray and do the little u can for the family.
I like his style though..."...bath then put on AC.."..the man is hot

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
Falconx47:
If your significant other cannot counsel and encourage you in bad situations, then who exactly are they to you?
There are people who are paid to do that job for good reason. undecided
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Luckysbab: 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

did you understand the story ? the hubby wakes and turns AC meaning he actually enjoying the comfort of his home while not working

The guy lost his job due to a bad habit gambling
he might be despressed yes but from what we
have been told the wife doesnt know hos next plan

You are married and experienced but it doesnt you have experience every challenge that every married couple go through, challenges can be unique/ or the same but how people react to
them can differ from couple to couple or person to person

If the wife is asking in a critiquing manner, he might not be willing to open up, knowing she will castigate/nag anyways.

Most times when men keep issues away from women, it's cos they don't expect a meaningful way out from them.

Imagine the pettiness of pointing out how he puts on the AC bla bla. You really think she's making sincere efforts to be helpful?

At one point or the other, a man might not have things figured out. That's human. And those around can only help them figure out their way.

6 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by bonnyhope: 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
Gloriagee:
Wat does she lose, Mr. Mama I no fit lie you?

Your type is not needed here

You home breaker

So if na you you fir Don run since

3 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Luckysbab: 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There are people who are paid to do that job for good reason. undecided

And it's wrong for the woman to book him a session and encourage him to go?

2 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
I dunno why I always follow your comment, once I see your comment, I'll be looking for the next because I know you must comment more than once and probably argue cool
I love to cause people to reason(argue) things out is all because that is something the average Nigerian rarely does. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Luckysbab: 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2023
bonnyhope:

Your type is not needed here

You home breaker

So if na you you fir Don run since

Don't mind that little girl.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by SmartyPants(m): 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2023
Autobot05:
Read your bible..The only proper reason for divorce is adultery
Your " till death do us part " vow at the altar wasn't just mere words...

Next time look before you jump into marriage. You surely will have seen the signs before marrying him but you choose to ignore

Naso una dey date/marry gamblers and drunkards and start complaining when it gets worse knowing fully well that such behaviors are bound to get worse naturally

Which next time? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by ahnie: 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2023
He's not entirely useless now,I can cope with this type of non productive husband,at least he's useful in the home front by assisting with house chores.
all4zionlover:

Me and this type of person can live happily at home,na to carry my kids go eat for outside,or hide cook and stuff the kids stomach to the brim,eat or trash the remnant and let him do the dishes.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Iamzik: 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2023
Richy4:
grin cheesy grin grin grin
Which kind vow Una swear?

That day when them ask you...Do U promise to take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, forsaken all other,..
U opened your well brushed.. Colgate minty mouth.. Lipstick infested lips and 15 megawatts of smile and say I do.. u think say Na play u go play for there?🤭🙊

Make U stayOoo, U supposed to honour the "poorer" aspects of the vow😝

Na that AC part of the story got me laughing...Abi he no dey on AC before when he get job? How come u find it disgusting now?. make you just remove the AC and sell first before he first you remember am😂

Bad mouth 😂🤣
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Ameduedwin: 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2023
Woman doesn't like to bear any small hardship when The table turned. Man can fed a woman from day one to the last day on earth man doesn't complain but when woman do only one to two days the whole world Will hear it. You see now she didn't tell us the one her husband have been doing before he lost his job, she only Said her owner side which maybe might not be more than two times. May God help men. She wants the man to get the job as quickly as possible to countinue from where he stopped forgetting that Job don't come easy for men in this Nigeria we are now.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2023
Luckysbab:
And it's wrong for the woman to book him a session and encourage him to go?
She can book him a session but does he even accept that the problem is real? undecided
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by President2001(m): 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2023
all4zionlover:

Divorce is not solution you can never have a perfect man my weakness is another man strength
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Penguin2: 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2023
all4zionlover:

Have you spoken to people or somebody he listens to about this?

His parents…

His pastor…

You know, you need to get people to speak sense into him.

So that if you are divorcing him, you will know that you exhausted every possible option.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Amumaigwe: 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2023
all4zionlover:
Each time I talk to him about getting a job or his next plan, he always tell me. He have a plan. But I know he don't

Divorce the useless man. When he bounces back, run back quickly on crocodile tears and ask for forgiveness, blaming the devil.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by bonnyhope: 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2023
frozen70:

Tell me one good reason why she will loose if she divorce him

Your type is not needed on this matter
You home breaker that can't even face small challenges
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by juman(m): 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2023
Be ready to leave him if he refuse to change.

There are men that never change till they die.
They remained lazy assss throughout their lives.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by JustcallmeFavou(f): 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2023
all4zionlover:

Hmmmmmm! We all face down times at one point in life or the other.

If your husband, has always been a good husband, and father to you and the kids before now, then I would suggest you shouldn't throw him away now that he can't be there for you and the kids the way he once was.

Please, don't listen to evil advise from those saying you should leave him. Continue encouraging him, supporting him, respecting him, and loving him. Don't say because he is no longer there financially then you will change towards him.

Now is the time for you to fight for your marriage. You need to be mentally, emotionally, and spiritually strong for yourself, your two kids, and your husband.

Shalom!
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by juman(m): 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
He should go out and do just ANY job to earn some money.
From that job, he would get better one.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by ElijahIme1992(m): 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
U see life, just small time the wife don shoulder small responsibilities now the whole world don hear say the man dey jobless, but forgetting say na dis same man don dey foot the bills right from wen she be girlfriend den come turn wife including inlaws bill.. she don forget wen she self been no get job but the man keep quiet carry everything for him head... Madam if u wan divorce am go ahead no come here dey misyarn, na ur husband wey I blame, money wey him for carry invest him carry am go marry you.. by now him for don get better return of investment..

9 Likes

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by ahnie: 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2023
all4zionlover:
If I should remembered his treatment when he had a job earning salaries, all through my pregnancy, paying bills and all that then, I deserve to kill him. He has never been a caring husband and father to his children.

He has no past good record that can make me think backward and support a jobless husband.
Na WA o.
I would advice you to still be in the marriage,but you have to marry your emotions by channeling them to your kids n hustle.
That's how most of us have bn doing and coping,don't worry you go dey alright.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Prettychild(f): 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2023
all4zionlover:

This one is under a curse. Check the history of his father’s house, whether the male are always dependent on the females in their lives. It could even be that it’s his mother that took care of the home front while the father was just there
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Davidgr8(m): 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2023
Going by your narrative most men should have divorced their wives long time ago. I guess if it's the man doing all this providing it is ok and normal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What Has The Lockdown Opened Your Eyes To? / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago / Man Surprises Wife With N15million Benz Just To Say 'Thank You'

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.