Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,605 members, 7,812,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? (1447 Views)

Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit / Are Angels Of God Same As Holy Spirit? / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2023
Luke 10:18
And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

Revelation 12:7-9
Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Revelation 12:4
His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth.

2 Peter 2:4
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;

Jude 1:6
And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—

Ezekiel 28:14
You were an anointed guardian cherub. I placed you; you were on the holy mountain of God; in the midst of the stones of fire you walked.

Isaiah 14:1-32
For the Lord will have compassion on Jacob and will again choose Israel, and will set them in their own land, and sojourners will join them and will attach themselves to the house of Jacob. And the peoples will take them and bring them to their place, and the house of Israel will possess them in the Lord's land as male and female slaves. They will take captive those who were their captors, and rule over those who oppressed them. When the Lord has given you rest from your pain and turmoil and the hard service with which you were made to serve, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: “How the oppressor has ceased, the insolent fury ceased! The Lord has broken the staff of the wicked, the scepter of rulers, ...

Revelation 12:7
Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back

Isaiah 14:12-15
“How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit.

Ezekiel 28:1-26
The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre, Thus says the Lord God: “Because your heart is proud, and you have said, ‘I am a god, I sit in the seat of the gods, in the heart of the seas,’ yet you are but a man, and no god, though you make your heart like the heart of a god— you are indeed wiser than Daniel; no secret is hidden from you; by your wisdom and your understanding you have made wealth for yourself, and have gathered gold and silver into your treasuries; by your great wisdom in your trade you have increased your wealth, and your heart has become proud in your wealth—

I have a few questions...

Can angels sin against God?

If they can, doesn't that challenge God's authority as the creator and ruler of all that exists?

How could Lucifer sin (pride) when he was still the angel of light and not yet the devil? Who or what tempted him to defy God?

Is heaven an imperfect place?

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
■ I have a few questions... Can angels sin against God? If they can, doesn't that challenge God's authority as the creator and ruler of all that exists?
■ How could Lucifer sin (pride) when he was still the angel of light and not yet the devil? Who or what tempted him to defy God?
Is heaven in imperfect place? Thanks!
1. Did you know that all those who are of Jesus Christ that will end up in Heaven eventually will all become like angels — no longer humans? These are humans who made the decision to forego disobedience(sin), abandoning it all in order to live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, eventually to be sealed by the Spirit of God in this state of continuous obedience for eternity. Can that which is sealed into a state of obedience by God Himself then sin against God? Impossicant! undecided

2. There was never a Lucifer as that entire story that you have been fed is born of myth, I am afraid. undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Did you know that all those who are of Jesus Christ that will end up in Heaven eventually will all become like angels — no longer humans? These humans made the decision to forego disobedience(sin), abandoning it all in order to live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, eventually to be sealed by the Spirit of God in that state of continuous obedience for eternity. Can that which is sealed into a state of obedience by God Himself then sin against God? Impossicant. undecided
I'm talking about the angels God created before humans... The ones with him since the beginning of time, like Michael...

2. There was never a Lucifer as that entire story that you have been fed is born of myth, I am afraid. undecided
Oh! The Bible says an angel went rogue... Who was he then?

1 Like

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Lemos14: 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
I'm talking about the angels God created before humans... The one's with him since the beginning of time, like Michael...
Oh! The Bible says an angel went rogue... Who was he then?

Please do not listen to that kobojunkie she is a lunatic..everyone has freewill both Angel's and humans...and lucifer was one of the Angel's before but went against God
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Hashabiah: 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:

I have a few questions...

Can angels sin against God?

If they can, doesn't that challenge God's authority as the creator and ruler of all that exists?

How could Lucifer sin (pride) when he was still the angel of light and not yet the devil? Who or what tempted him to defy God?

Is heaven an imperfect place?

Thanks!
God never forces people or his creations to obey His will. Which is why all things in existence are free moral agents ...even the ones in Heaven .
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by TheBillyonaire: 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2023
Angels are personalities of the Angle of Light in the Star Systems and Yes, they are Extra Terrestrial and multidimensional in nature.

The Answer to your questions are::

Yes, in dipolar world, Angels can do bad things as well as good things just like humans. But note that what you call bad, might not be bad in the scheme of things. For example, in other to create new continents from existing ones, there have to be earthquakes as tectonic plates and entities are assigned functions that could lead to death of many humans and animals. Humans see that action as bad but in the Divine scheme it is in order.

Heaven is not a perfect place, and God, by virtue of Creation and Destruction of Simulations from Existence moved from perfection into imperfect form, so God is not perfect.

God's Authority is by design subject to challenge, it is a law of polarity.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
■I'm talking about the angels God created before humans... The one's with him since the beginning of time, like Michael...
■ Oh! The Bible says an angel went rogue... Who was he then?
1. I am afraid Micheal is also likely a mythical being from stories spread by the people of Israel, this from the stories of him contained in scripture as well. undecided

2. Where in scripture did you cull that from? undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by TheBillyonaire: 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2023
xx
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
Hashabiah:
God never forces people or his creations to obey His will. Which is why all things in existence are free moral agents ...even the ones in Heaven .
This makes sense.

But does it not terrify you? That even in heaven, there's the risk that you or others could sin against God and be punished so harshly; banished to hell to spend eternity a demon.

Does that mean we are inherently evil? All of us, even the angels who have existed before the devil and hell.

Lemos14:

Please do not listen to that kobojunkie she is a lunatic..everyone has freewill both Angel's and humans...and lucifer was one of the Angel's before but went against God
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by guysbewise: 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2023
Does a robot or car made by man have free will? If no then humans too do not have freewill
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid Micheal is also likely a mythical being from stories spread by the people of Israel, this from the stories of him contained in scripture as well. undecided

2. Where in scripture did you cull that from? undecided
Oh, I think I understand you know... The old testament stories are myths, right? The angels are fictional characters... But angel Gabriel features in the new testament.

The verses I posted?

Luke 10:18
And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

Does Satan reside in Heaven?

And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Lemos14: 7:06pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
[b] This makes sense.

But does it not terrify you? That even in heaven, there's the risk that you or others could sin against God and be punished so harshly; banished to hell to spend eternity a demon.

Does that mean we are inherently evil? All of us, even the angels who have existed before the devil and hell.

We are different from Angel's.As for us humans, we have all the freewill only here on earth ,when we die judgement starts and if you're not found wanting, you'll be in heaven where theres no more temptation or suffering...you'll be made perfect

And tbh I try not to think about it too much because even the freewill we have I ask myself is it really freewill?

2 Likes

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Angels are personalities of the Angle of Light in the Star Systems and Yes, they are Extra Terrestrial and multidimensional in nature.

Yes, in dipolar world, Angels can do bad things as well as good things just like humans. But note that what you call bad, might not be bad in the scheme of things. For example, in other to create new continents from existing ones, there have to be earthquakes as tectonic plates and entities are assigned functions that could lead to dead of many humans and animals. Humans see that action as bad but in the Divine scheme it is in order.

Heaven is not a perfect place, and God, by virtue Creation and Destruction of Simulations from Existence moved from perfection into imperfect form, so God is not perfect.

I think God is a sadist... The Bible portrays him as such. I can understand me challenging his authority (I'm a human who was born sinful thanks to Adam) but even angels? It's weird. Why did he create them like that? The devil didn't exist in the beginning but the concept of sin did? Does that mean there's some other greater evil being? Or that if God created man in the likeness of him and the angels, then God too is allowed the right to free will. He can be evil.

If heaven is so imperfect, why do we even bother to attain it? I guess it's better than hell.

1 Like

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 7:11pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lemos14:

We are different from Angel's.As for us humans, we have all the freewill only here on earth ,when we die judgement starts and if you're not found wanting, you'll be in heaven where theres no more temptation or suffering...you'll be made perfect

And tbh I try not to think about it too much because even the freewill we have I ask myself is it really freewill?
That's the thing... This war between God and the devil started in Heaven, did it not? So another could and another... An angel needs to feel too proud for that to happen... So even in heaven, there is temptation or the ability (not sure if this is the right word) to sin...

1 Like

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
■ Oh, I think I understand you know... The old testament stories are myths, right? The angels are fictional characters... But angel Gabriel features in the new testament.
■ The verses I posted? Luke 10:18 And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Does Satan reside in Heaven?
1. Not necessarily. You have to study the scriptures to understand what I mean. The mentions of Micheal in the Old Testament were all in connection with him being one of the princes of Israel itself. The mention of him in Revelations 12 also connects back to the Old Testament claims made of his person. He is not necessarily an angel but a warrior figure who fought or stood against enemies on behalf of Israel in the past. undecided

2. Have in your mind the image of Thor, God of thunder, falling like lightning from the heavens/sky when you read that verse again, then consider the question you asked. Thor comes down with power ready to conquer, and if you read on in the same passage, Jesus goes on to indicate that He gave more power than Satan has to His followers, so they are not to worry about Satan at all. undecided

There is no scriptural evidence that Satan ever lived in Heaven. undecided

3. What angels are those? According to Jesus Christ, those to be punished in the place of eternal damnation are Satan and His angels who as it turns out are the goats in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46. undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
■ That's the thing... This war between God and the devil started in Heaven, did it not? So another could and another... An angel needs to feel too proud for that to happen... So even in heaven, there is temptation or the ability (not sure if this is the right word) to sin...
1. Again, there was never a war in Heaven! These ideas are built on myths that pull references from here and there. undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Lemos14: 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
That's the thing... This war between God and the devil started in Heaven, did it not? So another could and another... An angel needs to feel too proud for that to happen... So even in heaven, there is temptation or the ability (not sure if this is the right word) to sin...

Where there is freedom of choice, evil is bound to happen...so it was there before even adam and eve were created...and he brought his evil along with him when he fell to the earth and that's why he is called the god of this world because he was able to take away authority that God had initially given to mankind

So that's why whenever people ask..." are we fundamentally good or bad" it's always confusing being that we are free moral agents.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 7:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Not necessarily. You have to study the scriptures to understand what I mean. The mentions of Micheal in the Old Testament were all in connection with him being one of the princes of Israel itself. The mention of him in Revelations 12 also connects back to the Old Testament claims made of his person. He is not necessarily an angel but a warrior figure who fought or stood against enemies on behalf of Israel in the past. undecided
You are making assumptions! You weren't there. Don't interpret the Bible. What you read is what it means. Did the writers tell you Micheal was a warrior? He was referred to as an angel.

I also mentioned Gabriel.

2. Have in your mind the image of Thor, God of thunder, falling like lightning from the heavens/sky when you read that verse again, then consider the question you asked. Thor comes down with power ready to conquer, and if you read on in the same passage, Jesus goes on to indicate that He gave more power than Satan has to His followers, so they are not to worry about Satan at all. undecided

There is no scriptural evidence that Satan ever lived in Heaven. undecided
What was he doing in heaven then? Paying a respectful visit to God?

Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven

3. What angels are those? According to Jesus Christ, those to be punished in the place of eternal damnation are Satan and His angels who as it turns out are the goats in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46. undecided

The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. ' “Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Obviously the angels who rebelled with the devil against God

1 Like

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Lemos14: 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
You are making assumptions! You weren't there. Don't interpret the Bible. What you read is what it means. Did the writers tell you Micheal was a warrior? He was referred to as an angel.

I also mentioned Gabriel.

What was he doing in heaven then? Paying a respectful visit to God?

Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven

3. What angels are those? According to Jesus Christ, those to be punished in the place of eternal damnation are Satan and His angels who as it turns out are the goats in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46. undecided The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. ' “Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. Obviously the angels who rebelled with the devil against God

I already told you to not reply that lunatic..if you check her posts you wont see any reason to engage her
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by frosy1(m): 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2023
I HOPE THIS GIVES YOU YOUR ANSWERS
Psalm 8vs5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.
Genesis 1vs26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

When God created us in his image( also image of angel) His intentions was to make a being that is not yet corrupted to oversees all his creations here on earth... he made us in his image making us a little lower than Angel's in the sense of spiritual powers.
it means that we have some attributes of them.
They have free will to choose between good or bad and life or death, man also has that free will since the day they first disobeyed the only command God gave them.
Deutronomy 30vs19 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Ezekiel 12vs32 For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord GOD; so turn, and live.

Angels visit men in Men images.
Genesis 18vs2 Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. So he quickly left the entrance to his tent to greet them. He bowed low to the ground.
Judges 6vs 11-12 The angel of the Lord came and sat down under the oak in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, where his son Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites. 12 When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.”

NO ON THE SUBJECT MATTER

Can angels sin against God? YES
ANSWER: NO.... GOD IS A SUPREME BEING.

ANSWER: BECAUSE THEY HAVE FREE WILL OF CHOICE.
THERE ARE RULES AND LAWS GUIDING THE HEAVENLYS. SATAN WAS AN ARC ANGEL THAT IS A VERY POWERFUL POSITION, AND AS GOD HAS MADE THEM TO HAVE FREE WILL OF CHOICE THEY COULD REBEL.

Is heaven an imperfect place? NO
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lemos14:
you

Where there is freedom of choice, evil is bound to happen...so it was there before even adam and eve were created...and he brought his evil along with him when he fell to the earth and that's why he is called the god of this world because he was able to take away authority that God had initially given to mankind

So that's why whenever people ask..." are we fundamentally good or bad" it's always confusing being that we are free moral agents.
Why did Lucifer and the others sin? The Bible makes it seem as though sin became a thing after Adam and Eve disobeyed God by eating the forbidden fruit... But if they always had free will, they were likely to commit sin? Maybe later on, assuming the serpent never tempted them.

2 Likes

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
To all intelligent beings (angels and humans) God gave freewill so they can choose to do His will or disobey. He is always happy so He doesn't derive pleasure in seeing His children been forced to do what is right it's when they obey Him from their hearts that makes Him happy! Proverbs 27:11

So both angels as well as humans can choose to obey or disobey God!

2 Likes

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by TheBillyonaire: 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
I think God is a sadist... The Bible portrays him as such. I can understand me challenging his authority (I'm a human who was born sinful thanks to Adam) but even angels? It's weird. Why did he create them like that? The devil didn't exist in the beginning but the concept of sin did? Does that mean there's some other greater evil being? Or that if God created man in the likeness of him and the angels, then God too is allowed the right to free will. He can be evil.

If heaven is so imperfect, why do we even bother to attain it? I guess it's better than hell.

Banilla,

There is a THEORY OF EVERYTHING that provides Accurate Answers to our imperfect, yet perfect world. This world, and its local Designer God by its Rights of Ownership of Earth has right of non-interference from Prime directive.

You can not tell an Entity and its Team of Beings how to run its own Simulation, but there is a Supreme Intelligence, which many call Amighty God. So there is massive confusion on Earth about God, Gods, Amighty God and Supreme All that is collective consciousness and intelligence of Exitence prior to Creationism.

The answers to your questions in a nutshell are;

The God of this Universe is a Sadist and sometimes he does great things.

The Bible talks about several Gods, so many people think its a story of one Entity, but not true. The story of Adam is misunderstood so being born in sin should be reproduction via disobidient chanel (Biological) which was not the original plan of the Eden landlord.

Angels, Demons etc are names you ascribe to Extra Terrestrial beings based on their character, but Angels can do bad and Demons can do good. They are not just bipolar but multi-polar, they all serve themselves and higher purpose. They can serve humans too if you know how they function.

Yes Yes, there are greater evil beings and greater good beings. It is like me using Bulldozer to destroy the ant hill to build a house for humans, the ants call me Greater Demon, but I am solving Accomodation Challenge for humans.

Yes, the God of this world is capable of evil, he is the designer of this matrix, so he has full rights.

Only ignorant people think Heaven is the last destination, it is a mental bus stop for those who believe in it. For some Earth is Heaven, it is a state of mind. Just as hell is a State of mind.

If we are talking about Heaven as Location in Space-Time or Time Space, one needs to know if we are talking about Heaven within our Universe or outside of it, because I know Mars was Heaven before we blew it up during the wars in Heaven and we flew down here and fight the original beings that were and take over the planet.

Why do you think we tear down forests and destroy ecosystem just to make it fit for us? We are Aliens to this place.

Why do you think we eat any animal in sight, because during war, we eat whatever we see and we are addicted to that food from DNA.

Like I said, there is theory of everything.

1 Like

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
■You are making assumptions! You weren't there. Don't interpret the Bible. What you read is what it means. Did the writers tell you Micheal was a warrior? He was referred to as an angel.
■ I also mentioned Gabriel.
■ What was he doing in heaven then? Paying a respectful visit to God?
■ What angels are those? According to Jesus Christ, those to be punished in the place of eternal damnation are Satan and His angels who as it turns out are the goats in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46. undecided The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. ' “Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. Obviously the angels who rebelled with the devil against God
1. I made no assumptions whatsoever. Micheal was referred to in the book of Daniel as a prince of Israel— an advocate for Israel —not an angel. It was only in later mentions in the New Testaments that he was referred to as an archangel, at that point, the myth had taken on a new identity. And if you research the mentions of the name Micheal, you will indeed find that there were many princes named Michae in the land of Israel that the original story could have been of. undecided

2. Gabriel is in fact the angel in Daniel's visions, the one sent to relay God's message to Daniel. undecided

3. What heaven? The sky? I wish you would take time to read through scripture paying very careful attention to context as well so you can see what is in fact written in there for you to glean. Recall that Heaven that in the Kingdom of God aka God's special Nation of Priests from Exodus 19 vs 6, was not available or open to anyone before the arrival of Jesus Christ, and will be open for admission, even to Satan and His angels until after Jesus Christ has returned and then judged the sheep and goats in His Kingdom - Exodus 19 vs 6. Meaning that the war described in Revelations 12, couldn't have taken place in Heaven which is the Kingdom of God.

4. Those angels are the goats in the kingdom of God written of right there in the context. undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Lemos14: 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
Why did Lucifer and the others sin? The Bible makes it seem as though sin became a thing after Adam and Eve disobeyed God by eating the forbidden fruit... But if they always had free will, they were likely to commit sin? Maybe later on, assuming the serpent never tempted them.

Lucifer wanted to orchestrate a coup and overthrow God..he wanted the authority that God had..you know just like typical human behavior...

@bolded yes..because like I said where there is freewill there is bound to be evil...it was just the devil that deceived them into making a wrong decision because the devil knew he could never get right with God so he dragged mankind out of Gods presence just to spite God
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by lymelyte(m): 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Yes, in dipolar world, Angels can do bad things as well as good things just like humans. But note that what you call bad, might not be bad in the scheme of things. For example, in other to create new continents from existing ones, there have to be earthquakes as tectonic plates and entities are assigned functions that could lead to death of many humans and animals. Humans see that action as bad but in the Divine scheme it is in order.

Heaven is not a perfect place, and God, by virtue of Creation and Destruction of Simulations from Existence moved from perfection into imperfect form, so God is not perfect.

hi billy,where have you been?
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I made no assumptions whatsoever. Micheal was referred to in the book of Daniel as a prince of Israel— an advocate for Israel —not an angel. It was only in later mentions in the New Testaments that he was referred to as an archangel, at that point, the myth had taken on a new identity. And if you research the mentions of the name Micheal, you will indeed find that there were many princes named Michae in the land of Israel that the original story could have been of. undecided

2. Gabriel is in fact the angel in Daniel's visions, the one sent to relay God's message to Daniel. undecided

3. What heaven? The sky? I wish you would take time to read through scripture paying very careful attention to context as well so you can see what is in fact written in there for you to glean. Recall that Heaven that in the Kingdom of God aka God's special Nation of Priests from Exodus 19 vs 6, was not available or open to anyone before the arrival of Jesus Christ, and will be open for admission, even to Satan and His angels until after Jesus Christ has returned and then judged the sheep and goats in His Kingdom - Exodus 19 vs 6. Meaning that the war described in Revelations 12, couldn't have taken place in Heaven which is the Kingdom of God.

4. Those angels are the goats in the kingdom of God written of right there in the context. undecided
Now, you think the scriptures have hidden meanings? When I told you that, you called my theory bullsh**.

Again, make your argument without any assumption. Take what was written as it is.

One reference? Of course he was called such. Is he not a warrior angel? The defender of Israel and God's chosen? What would they call him if not that? In the book of revelations, he's described fighting Satan and his demons.

Heaven of course... Does God live in the sky? Would the final battle take place there too?
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lemos14:

Lucifer wanted to orchestrate a coup and overthrow God..he wanted the authority that God had..you know just like typical human behavior...

@bolded yes..because like I said where there is freewill there is bound to be evil...it was just the devil that deceived them into making a wrong decision because the devil knew he could never get right with God so he dragged mankind out of Gods presence just to spite God
Thanks.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by TheBillyonaire: 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lemos14:

Correct.

Humans are a Created Species with organo-neural network for service to their creator, the God of this world, but Spiritual Intelligence leads man to Divine Essence so now humans are naturally in a state of confusion of who to serve. And there is nothing wrong in making a decision that makes you comfortable yet understanding your true essence and learning how to navigate there when ready to leave this simulation.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2023
frosy1:
I HOPE THIS GIVES YOU YOUR ANSWERS
Psalm 8vs5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.
Genesis 1vs26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

When God created us in his image( also image of angel) His intentions was to make a being that is not yet corrupted to oversees all his creations here on earth... he made us in his image making us a little lower than Angel's in the sense of spiritual powers.
it means that we have some attributes of them.
They have free will to choose between good or bad and life or death, man also has that free will since the day they first disobeyed the only command God gave them.
Deutronomy 30vs19 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Ezekiel 12vs32 For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord GOD; so turn, and live.

Angels visit men in Men images.
Genesis 18vs2 Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. So he quickly left the entrance to his tent to greet them. He bowed low to the ground.
Judges 6vs 11-12 The angel of the Lord came and sat down under the oak in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, where his son Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites. 12 When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.”

NO ON THE SUBJECT MATTER

Can angels sin against God? YES
ANSWER: NO.... GOD IS A SUPREME BEING.

ANSWER: BECAUSE THEY HAVE FREE WILL OF CHOICE.
THERE ARE RULES AND LAWS GUIDING THE HEAVENLYS. SATAN WAS AN ARC ANGEL THAT IS A VERY POWERFUL POSITION, AND AS GOD HAS MADE THEM TO HAVE FREE WILL OF CHOICE THEY COULD REBEL.

Is heaven an imperfect place? NO

So sin existed before the devil. Free will makes us inherently evil. Angels have free will so they can be/do bad. God too? He's not bound by any law, he's supreme... And he has free will. Let's believe his goodness is the reason he doesn't exercise his right to commit evil.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by TheBillyonaire: 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
lymelyte:
hi billy,where have you been?

Been roaming the Universes searching for Source of Energy and how to harness Energy to tangible financial assets.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Banilla,

There is a THEORY OF EVERYTHING that provides Accurate Answers to our imperfect, yet perfect world. This world, and its local Designer God by its Rights of Ownership of Earth has right of non-interference from Prime directive.

You can not tell an Entity and its Team of Beings how to run its own Simulation, but there is a Supreme Intelligence, which many call Amighty God. So there is massive confusion on Earth about God, Gods, Amighty God and Supreme All that is collective consciousness and intelligence of Exitence prior to Creationism.

The answers to your questions in a nutshell are;

The God of this Universe is a Sadist and sometimes he does great things.

The Bible talks about several Gods, so many people think its a story of one Entity, but not true. The story of Adam is misunderstood so being born in sin should be reproduction via disobidient chanel (Biological) which was not the original plan of the Eden landlord.

Angels, Demons etc are names you ascribe to Extra Terrestrial beings based on their character, but Angels can do bad and Demons can do good. They are not just bipolar but multi-polar, they all serve themselves and higher purpose. They can serve humans too if you know how they function.

Yes Yes, there are greater evil beings and greater good beings. It is like me using Bulldozer to destroy the ant hill to build a house for humans, the ants call me Greater Demon, but I am solving Accomodation Challenge for humans.

Yes, the God of this world is capable of evil, he is the designer of this matrix, so he has full rights.

Only ignorant people think Heaven is the last destination, it is a mental bus stop for those who believe in it. For some Earth is Heaven, it is a state of mind. Just as hell is a State of mind.

If we are talking about Heaven as Location in Space-Time or Time Space, one needs to know if we are talking about Heaven within our Universe or outside of it, because I know Mars was Heaven before we blew it up during the wars in Heaven and we flew down here and fight the original beings that were and take over the planet.

Why do you think we tear down forests and destroy ecosystem just to make it fit for us? We are Aliens to this place.

Why do you think we eat any animal in sight, because during war, we eat whatever we see and we are addicted to that food from DNA.

Like I said, there is theory of everything.
I would love to understand this... But I tend to shy away from topics like this... grin

How would you summarize this? Like, as a faith or religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moved By The Spirit; Nigerians Blend Catholicism, Traditional Beliefs / The Secret Gospel Of Thomas / Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.