Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,992 members, 7,828,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? (1502 Views)

Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit / Are Angels Of God Same As Holy Spirit? / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Did you know that all those who are of Jesus Christ that will end up in Heaven eventually will all become like angels — no longer humans? These are humans who made the decision to forego disobedience(sin), abandoning it all in order to live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, eventually to be sealed by the Spirit of God in this state of continuous obedience for eternity. Can that which is sealed into a state of obedience by God Himself then sin against God? Impossicant! undecided

2. There was never a Lucifer as that entire story that you have been fed is born of myth, I am afraid. undecided

Who purportedly tempted Jesus then?
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
Who purportedly tempted Jesus then?
■ I believe it is written that Satan did. undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
■ I believe it is written that Satan did. undecided

So Lucifer is not another name for Satan?
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
So Lucifer is not another name for Satan?
No undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
No undecided

Ok so I take it that you don't think Revelations is from the god or Jesus?
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■Ok so I take it that you don't think Revelations is from the god or Jesus?
1. Does Revelations tell you instead that Lucifer is Satan? undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Does Revelations tell you instead that Lucifer is Satan? undecided

Can you answer the question? You've already said Lucifer is not another name for Satan. Fin.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■ Can you answer the question? You've already said Lucifer is not another name for Satan. Fin.
I did state that Satan is not Lucifer, yes? undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I did state that Satan is not Lucifer, yes? undecided

Yes and we are done with that. I asked a different question I dunno why you are going back to that. Do you think Revelation is the word of the god or Jesus?
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■ Yes and we are done with that. I asked a different question I dunno why you are going back to that. Do you think Revelation is the word of the god or Jesus?
undecided
1. I think Revelation is a vision revealed to John by Jesus Christ as John himself stated in Revelations 1 vs 1 - 2. The Word of God instead refers to the Word that emanates directly from the mouth of God Himself or Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
undecided
1. I think Revelation is a vision revealed to John by Jesus Christ as John himself stated in Revelations 1 vs 1 - 2. The Word of God instead refers to the Word that emanates directly from the mouth of God Himself or Jesus Christ. undecided

What's the difference? In the vision was it not Jesus speaking to John?
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■What's the difference? In the vision was it not Jesus speaking to John?
1. According to John, Jesus Christ wasn't the only one who spoke to him in the vision. And John made certain to reveal this in his book. So, basically, the Words attributed to Jesus Christ can be considered valid as is — Truth. However, the words that are not of Jesus Christ cannot be considered in the same way. undecided

For instance, when, John records Jesus Christ as declaring that He is the brighter morning star in Revelations 22 vs 16, one is meant to take that as Jesus Christ revealing Truth. undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. According to John, Jesus Christ wasn't the only one who spoke to him in the vision. And John made certain to reveal this in his book. So, basically, the Words attributed to Jesus Christ can be considered valid as is — Truth. However, the words that are not of Jesus Christ cannot be considered in the same way. undecided

For instance, when, John records Jesus Christ as declaring that He is the brighter morning star in Revelations 22 vs 16, one is meant to take that as Jesus Christ revealing Truth. undecided

So some of the chapters of Revelation cannot be considered as valid?
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■So some of the chapters of Revelation cannot be considered as valid?
1. Be specific. What particular things in what chapters? undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 8:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Be specific. What particular things in what chapters? undecided

Some chapters of Revelations don't have Jesus or the god speaking so such chapters won't be valid based on what you said "However, the words that are not of Jesus Christ cannot be considered in the same way". Chapter 4 for instance, according to what you said would it be valid?
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
Some chapters of Revelations don't have Jesus or the god speaking so such chapters won't be valid based on what you said "However, the words that are not of Jesus Christ cannot be considered in the same way". Chapter 4 for instance, according to what you said would it be valid?
What is it in Chapter 4 that you are considering? undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What is it in Chapter 4 that you are considering? undecided

The entire chapter.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
The entire chapter.
1. According to John what he wrote is what he saw. Do you wish to refute his claim? undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. According to John what he wrote is what he saw. Do you wish to refute his claim? undecided

You said:
Kobojunkie:
1. According to John, Jesus Christ wasn't the only one who spoke to him in the vision. And John made certain to reveal this in his book. So, basically, the Words attributed to Jesus Christ can be considered valid as is — Truth. However, the words that are not of Jesus Christ cannot be considered in the same way.

With emphasis on the bolded words. Chapter 4 has no words of Jesus or the god so it is not to be considered on the same level as chapters 1-3, according to you.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
You said: With emphasis on the bolded words. Chapter 4 has no words of Jesus or the god so it is not to be considered on the same level as chapters 1-3, according to you.
The Words out of the mouth of Jesus Christ is Truth! All else is to be validated against that which is written. undecided

There is a law that states that by the accounts of 2 or 3 witnesses shall truth be established. That law is part of the Old Law -Deuteronomy 17vs 6 - and also of the new - Matthew 18 vs 16 - This is used in verifying pretty much any claims that are made outside of that decreed by God Himself. So what is written in Revelations 4, John's account of what he saw, is his account of what he saw. Now, to verify his claim you find other witnesses who claim to have seen the same. undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Words out of the mouth of Jesus Christ is Truth! All else is to be validated against that which is written. undecided

There is a law that states that by the accounts of 2 or 3 witnesses shall truth be established. This is used in verifying pretty much any claims that are made outside of that decreed by God Himself. So what is written in Revelations 4, John's account of what he saw, is his account of what he saw. undecided

It was your own words o, I didn't force you. You wrote it clean clear. Are you walking it back?

So which 2 or 3 witnesses are we going to use to verify chapter 4?
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■It was your own words o, I didn't force you. You wrote it clean clear. Are you walking it back?
■ So which 2 or 3 witnesses are we going to use to verify chapter 4?
1. Where do you have me walking it back? undecided

2. you look through scripture to find your witnesses undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Where do you have me walking it back? undecided

2. you look through scripture to find your witnesses undecided

Again you:

Kobojunkie:
1. However, the words that are not of Jesus Christ cannot be considered in the same way. undecided

Chapter 4 has no words of Jesus. So we shouldn't consider it to be the same as chapters 1-3 according to you.

There is no other person in the Bible who wrote similar to what was written in chapter 4 of Revelation. So do we regard it as invalid?

1 Like

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
Again you: Chapter 4 has no words of Jesus. So we shouldn't consider it to be the same as chapters 1-3 according to you. There is no other person in the Bible who wrote similar to what was written in chapter 4 of Revelation. So do we regard it as invalid?
As I already explained in my previous comments, The Words out of the mouth of Jesus Christ/God is Truth! All else is to be validated against that which is written. undecided

There is a law that states that by the accounts of 2 or 3 witnesses shall truth be established. That law is part of the Old Law -Deuteronomy 17vs 6 - and also of the new - Matthew 18 vs 16 - This is used in verifying pretty much any claims that are made outside of that decreed by God Himself. So what is written in Revelations 4, John's account of what he saw, is his account of what he saw. Now, to verify his claim you find other witnesses who claim to have seen the same. undecided

If no one else in scripture corroborates it, then you simply take it as, in this case, John's accounts of what he saw in his dream/vision. undecided

Also, from my own research, for a thing to be considered invalid though, it has to exist in direct contradiction to that which is written. undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 9:40pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
As I already explained in my previous comments, The Words out of the mouth of Jesus Christ/God is Truth! All else is to be validated against that which is written. undecided

If no one else in scripture stated it, then you simply take it as, in this case, John's accounts of what he saw in his dream/vision. undecided

There are no words of Jesus in chapter 4 of Revelation.

There no writers in the Bible who wrote similar to chapter 4 of Revelation.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■ There are no words of Jesus in chapter 4 of Revelation. There no writers in the Bible who wrote similar to chapter 4 of Revelation.
then it is not an established truth but the account of the writer in that case. lipsrsealed
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 9:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:

If no one else in scripture corroborates it, then you simply take it as, in this case, John's accounts of what he saw in his dream/vision. undecided

Also, from my own research, for a thing to be considered invalid though, it has to exist in direct contradiction to that which is written. undecided

So why don't you take Paul's words as it is?

That means the story in in chapter 12 should be taken as it is since it doesn't contradict anything in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■So why don't you take Paul's words as it is?
■ That means the story in in chapter 12 should be taken as it is since it doesn't contradict anything in the Bible.
1. I am sorry! What part of what I explained do you not understand? undecided

2. What part of the story in 12 are you referring to? undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
then it is not an established truth but the account of the writer in that case. lipsrsealed

So the same writer says he heard Jesus but the same writer can't be trusted in the same book because it's not the words of Jesus? How can you tell the author is correct in any case? Again there are no writers that have written anything similar to what John wrote.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am sorry! What part of what I explained do you not understand? undecided

2. What part of the story in 12 are you referring to? undecided

It seems you are the one dodging from understanding what you wrote.

All of it but particularly the war in heaven.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■So the same writer says he heard Jesus but the same writer can't be trusted in the same book because it's not the words of Jesus?
■ How can you tell the author is correct in any case? Again there are no writers that have written anything similar to what John wrote.
1. The mandate is to trust and obey God, not His apostles or in the writers of scripture. undecided

2. Basically,

■ God's Word is the Truth
■ Every other account that is not of God needs to be validated against God's Word
■ In the case that there is no statement made by God regarding an issue, then by the accounts of two or three witnesses shall truth be established
■ In the case that there are no statements made by God regarding an issue, and no other accounts to corroborate the claim made, then the truth revealed is not established but local — that of the author. In this case, anything that cannot be verified and does not contradict God is John's account. undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■ It seems you are the one dodging from understanding what you wrote. All of it but particularly the war in heaven.
1. Recall that you are reading from a person's dreams. Do you apply the same literal reasoning to the dreams of others or even your own dreams? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keeping My Mouth Shut / God Owns Everything And He Gave You A Will / Peadophilia Court Cases Involving Jehovah's Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.