Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? (1501 Views)

Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit / Are Angels Of God Same As Holy Spirit? / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Recall that you are reading from a person's dreams. Do you apply the same literal reasoning to the dreams of others or even your own dreams? undecided

No I don't but it seems you do.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The mandate is to trust and obey God, not His apostles or in the writers of scripture. undecided

2. Basically,

■ God's Word is the Truth
■ Every other account that is not of God needs to be validated against God's Word
■ In the case that there is no statement made by God regarding an issue, then by the accounts of two or three witnesses shall truth be established
■ In the case that there are no statements made by God regarding an issue, and no other accounts to corroborate the claim made, then the truth revealed is not established but local — that of the author. In this case, anything that cannot be verified and does not contradict God is John's account. undecided

So how do you know what the god's words are if everything was written by men? Other men come, agree and that establishes that that's the god's word?
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■ So how do you know what the god's words are if everything was written by men?
■Other men come, agree and that establishes that that's the god's word?
Trust in God, not in man. undecided

2. I don't follow! undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■ No I don't but it seems you do.
1. I don't either! undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 10:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Trust in God, not in man. undecided

2. I don't follow! undecided

No god has written anything to trust in.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
No god has written anything to trust in.
Well, Trust isn't dependent on whether He writes or not though. I believe you and I have had this discussion at least once in the past. What do you hope to gain by going over this again with me? undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 10:52pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, Trust isn't dependent on whether He writes or not though. I believe you and I have had this discussion at least once in the past. What do you hope to gain by going over this again with me? undecided

I didn't want to go here, I was focused on Revelation but you brought us to it. In the past you have never satisfactorily answered the question so I went along with it. As for gaining, I gain insight which Is why I ask questions more than anything else.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Kobojunkie: 11:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
LordReed:
■I didn't want to go here, I was focused on Revelation but you brought us to it.
■In the past you have never satisfactorily answered the question so I went along with it. As for gaining, I gain insight which Is why I ask questions more than anything else.
1. Revelation is a book of dreams/visions by John. This he made clear from the first couple of verses. In Revelations 12, he said he said he saw a red dragon called Satan, Micheal, and a bunch of angels fighting against the red dragon. Why a dragon? Why was the dragon red? Why was the archangel named Michael given that the one Michael who stood up on behalf of Israel in the Old Testament was a man, and not an angel? So when was Michael promoted to the status of an archangel, and how? ... so many questions to get answers for. The only thing to do is locate other references that indicate some of the same to unravel the puzzle presented in the dream/vision. Visions, like parables, are essentially puzzles and are not meant to be taken literally. undecided

2. As for satisfactory answers to your questions, I can't give you that given the obvious circumstances. undecided
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by LordReed(m): 11:10pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Revelation is a book of dreams/visions by John. This he made clear from the first couple of verses. In Revelations 12, he said he said he saw a red dragon called Satan, Micheal, and a bunch of angels fighting against the red dragon. Why a dragon? Why was the dragon red? Why was the archangel named Michael given that the one Michael who stood up on behalf of Israel in the Old Testament was a man, and not an angel? So when was Michael promoted to the status of an archangel, and how? ...

2. As for satisfactory answers to your questions, I can't give you that given the obvious circumstances. undecided

Maybe but I do like that you try.
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Banilla: 7:50am On Mar 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's a pity that you're among those who failed woefully to understand the Bible!

Most of you have a totally wrong expectation of what Christianity should produce in the society instead your main concern is what God should do for you individually, that's where most people like you missed the import of that book! undecided
You ignored my questions to accuse me of being a bad Christian? grin

I don't expect anything from the murderous sky spirit you were shamelessly defending... grin
Re: Are Angels Allowed The Free Will To Sin Against God? by Image123(m): 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2023
Lemos14:

Please do not listen to that kobojunkie she is a lunatic..everyone has freewill both Angel's and humans...and lucifer was one of the Angel's before but went against God

Lol. i couldn't help the laughter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

hh / Slavery Is Authorized And Blessed In The Bible By The Bible God Himself! / The Greatest Problem Facing Christianity Till Now Are The Judaizers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.