Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race (34112 Views)

APC Leaders Take Pictures With Peter Obi At Senator Barau Son's Wedding / Peter Obi At Senator Barau’s Son’s Wedding: Sign Of United Nigeria – Akpabio / Senator Barau Jibrin Son To Marry Aliyu Sani Madaki's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:12pm On Mar 11, 2023
Barau or Barawo meets 70 law makers over senate Presidency. It is well. sad

2 Likes

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by MasterTeeUSA: 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
Akpabio does not have experience in the Senate and relationship which will matter when people vote. I prefer SE Umahi to Akpabio or Kalu...he did a lot for Ebonyi and a transplant from PDP so he should have relationship on both sides of the aisle but being new to the rulling party is his only downside and lack of experience too

TheNiceGuy:
North West?

Let's see how this fare but I personally prefer South South, Godswill Akpabio.

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by ezewealth(m): 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
For the love of mike, I will love the Muslim to cling the sit. Make we mumu southern sit down de look, make we get a sense by force. Christianity is a religion for the weak. I swear we too weak. We suppose kill all igbos way dey for gov. They're the most useless set of igbo politicians
Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by CoolAmbience(m): 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
Totilopussylick:
The senate President is suitable for south east

I am from the Southeast, but if I were Tinubu, I won't give it to them.

Give Southeast Senate Presidency for what? Politics is a game of stake and contributions.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by pandax: 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
ruggedtimi:
Top three Muslims ....make we see how e go happen

Top 4 will be Moslems, the Chief Justice of Nigeria is also a Moslem
Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by 77up(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
kk2027:

Senate president should come to SW

Because with a sick old man there in the name of ceremonial president, we dont really have anyone

Power is still in the north

Tinubu is just wasting southern turn

North is the genius here
Una talk more than this to Buhari, una even said he's dead and replaced by jubri elsudan, so it's nothing new.

Asiwaju will handover power to another northerner by 2031 .

4 Likes

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by CoolAmbience(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Next SP must come from South

It is not a must.
Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Judolisco(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
kk2027:

Because with a sick old man there in the name of ceremonial president, we dont really have anyone

North is the genius here
true talk... Buhari was sick 2 but he had a lot of cabals... There was a reason he stopped handing over to osinbajo... Osinbajo go definitely write book after wetin him see 4 Aso rock
Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by pandax: 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
CoolAmbience:

Give Southeast Senate Presidency for what? Politics is a game of stake and contributions.

As a SE'ner I support your assertion

3 Likes

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by xandy84: 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
Politics ain't black and white. Fairness is always taken into consideration when allocating political position. If APC decide to zone senate president to the North when the North already produce vice president, they will agitate the south and if they take up arms, couple with bandits and Boko boys, the country will burn.
I want to assume APC knows better than to be emotional and accelerate Nigeria demise cos with the proliferation of arms and ammunition in Africa, no country will survive civil war.

FreeStuffsNG:
Did you read that part that reported he mobilized 70 senators? Do you think such a person will give you the Senate Presidency with just 6 APC senators from SE?

Northwest delivered the highest votes to help APC clinch victory while NC has the best spread of APC victory across the map.

What will 6 Senators who were suspected to be complicit in the pervasive massive widespread rigging against Asiwaju in Igboland with doctored Agulu results do?

It is democracy o. You have won with landslide of the highest number and speed of generating hate, bigotry, insults and curses online so you can go collect your trophy and Senate Presidency for SE from the dark web online. As you can see from your PTSD after beating by Asiwaju Tinubu, you really repped SE well well (pun intended).
check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by TheNiceGuy(m): 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
Umahi is a First timer, if he were to be a two time senator, I would have chosen him.

They may consider OUK but I personally prefer Godswill Akpabio
MasterTeeUSA:
Akpabio does not have experience in the Senate and relationship which will matter when people vote. I prefer SE Umahi to Akpabio or Kalu...he did a lot for Ebonyi and a transplant from PDP so he should have relationship on both sides of the aisle but being new to the rulling party is his only downside and lack of experience too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Johnrake69: 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
Flathead8:
You are very delusional and myopic, in fact to say your a fool, it's an understatement!!! Which part of the constitution says Muslims can't have those seats? The north laboured and ditched their son for Tinubu because they don't know what they are doing ba!! Even if the north can't get it, it should be SS, but never SE

So the SE should reap where they did not sow because of consideration and to accommodate them!! Others regions are fools ba!!

APC donbt need votes from SE and will never! To hell with them, who there votes help!!

Lol… you’re quite ignorant. Who senate President help?

David Mark remains Nigeria’s longest serving senate President what development did that bring to his people in Otukpo, Benue state aside from the annihilation of his people by Fulani Herdsmen.

Keep supporting elites to share power among themselves while you’re in abject poverty. Let the North and West hold on to power for now. Igbos will be fine. Igbos are survivors. You can’t point to one region that is more developed than the South East. So Igbos are not doing badly in the contraption called Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Flathead8: 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
Na during Upper Iweka or bia.fraud meeting that u zoned it
winterfell007:

You are just spewing gibberish. It's already gone to the Southeast. That has been decided already. You can go kiss my arse.
Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by mcmurphy132(m): 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
kk2027:

North is the genius here

Did you know you can di.e before Tinubu

Ask Nnamdi kanu that wishes buhari die. His parents die. He will still be in prison till may 29

2 Likes

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by 77up(m): 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
seunmsg:
We can’t have a Muslim Muslim president and vice president and still have a Muslim senate president.

Some of these politicians must learn to be considerate and accommodating. This is the time to make all necessary concession in the overall interest of peace, unity, stability and national cohesion. We should all support the SE for senate president. That’s the best way to start the healing process.
Bro , you think giving those hateful people senate President will make them happy, they are unhappy people, even if Obi won that president election, their souls are designed to just hate.

I support SP to SS Akpabio😎

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by eroticecstasy: 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
Stablelife:
There's nothing the northerners love more than power

The only tribe that understands Nigerian politics are the northeners. South are floating.
Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by BigBrother9ja: 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
North West?

Let's see how this fare but I personally prefer South South, Godswill Akpabio.

I wish but this Bastard was a failed governor.
Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Pityoobi: 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2023
Totilopussylick:
The senate President is suitable for south east
Una dey craze. After practicing politics of bitterness against the South West and the North… you want to profit from other people’s sweat, na God go punish all of una. Go and meet you Peter Obi for senate presidency.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Nyanabo(m): 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2023
In all they do, they shouldn't give it to that man called Akpabio, else he would be more rubber-stamp than Lawan
Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Johnrake69: 10:26pm On Mar 11, 2023
CoolAmbience:

Wait are you people crying over this? Did the South East tell you they want Senate Presidency?

I don’t even understand what you guys are about. Ndudi Elumelu was Minority Leader of the House of Rep yet his village doesn’t have road and water. I voted against him and thankfully he lost re-election.

Every right thinking Nigerian should be more concerned about holding office holders accountable. Where you’re from is really immaterial.

Today an Indian is the current UK prime minister let that sink in. What’s the essence of power and money when it can’t be used to better the lives of the people?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Johnthesuccess: 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2023
mrvitalis:
Muslim president ,vice and senate President ...hope the Christians that voted APC are happy

Yes ,we are happy. Any other thing?

3 Likes

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by UncommonLogic: 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2023
kk2027:

North is the genius here
Sick old man that kicked your sorry ass? Yeah , we are ok with that old man. You can stick to the lying SOB Transgender with a woman's voice.

1 Like

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by FreeStuffsNG: 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
xandy84:
Politics ain't black and white. Fairness is always taken into consideration when allocating political position. If APC decide to zone senate president to the North when the North already produce vice president, they will agitate the south and if they take up arms, couple with bandits and Boko boys, the country will burn.
I want to assume APC knows better than to be emotional and accelerate Nigeria demise cos with the proliferation of arms and ammunition in Africa, no country will survive civil war.

Smh. You have not learnt anything. It is looking more like waste of time educating you that you made your democratic choice and you will live with it. Nigeria moves on. You have elected new set of Abuja landlords who will return in 2027 to win in SE again and life continues.

All your social media insults and curses move no needle.

You really think others are stupid when you were mocking their leaders? You just realized you do not have the numbers?smh.
Democracy is a numbers game! You can keep insulting o, ko kan aye.

1 Like

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Jones4190(m): 10:32pm On Mar 11, 2023
kk2027:

North is the genius here
finally you agree that tinubu is your president

2 Likes

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by FisifunKododada: 10:32pm On Mar 11, 2023
seunmsg:
We can’t have a Muslim Muslim president and vice president and still have a Muslim senate president.

Some of these politicians must learn to be considerate and accommodating. This is the time to make all necessary concession in the overall interest of peace, unity, stability and national cohesion. We should all support the SE for senate president. That’s the best way to start the healing process.

Reward SE for what? You can't reward bad behavior, you will only anger those who work hard to make the victory possible. Any region that does not contribute at least 25% does not deserve any position in the legislature.

People who play politics of bitterness must be politically punished otherwise they will never change their stupid politic ways.

And giving SE any of these positions is NOT gonna even make them change their behavior. It will only make them feel entitled and will still not vote for APC in 2027.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Ballmer: 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2023
Pls I respect you so much but if you repeat that SE should be giving any meaningful post by the APC that is the day my respect ends for you completely.

Such foolish concession is how Marculay gifted NCNC to Azikwe, we all know how that ended than God for Awolowo. Now it is an ipob miscreant with an Igbo wife actualizing Igbo agrnda on the Yoruba in same Lagos.

SE contributed nothing meaningful to the APC n should not receive anything meaningful from it. All positions to the South should go to the South South so the APC can grow bigger n beta in preparation for the next election.

Igbo should be secluded n neglected for the hate they have cinstitently shown to the APC
What does APC have to show for the 2nd Niger bridge, Onyeama foreign affairs minister Ngige labour, Kalu chief whip etc

seunmsg:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Myablew: 10:37pm On Mar 11, 2023
Dey play.

JASONjnr:
I really don't get it.....

When Buhari took over, his vice was a southerner and the senate president came from the North....

Now we're have a southern president and a northern vice, the number three position will go South!

This time around, the SouthSouth will take the seat!

These abokis should stop craving for seats that isn't theirs!
Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Onyiridike(f): 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2023
Mubiola360:
in as much as there is need for inclusiveness and balancing carrying all geopolitical areas along, the south east most of the time are their own problem. You can't eat your cake and have it. What was South East contribution towards the emergence of the in coming President? Little but no support at all but hate hate hate. Confrontation all the time. For political sake, there is need to dilute the confrontation with collaboration and compromise once in a while . The South East really have a lot to do regarding Nigerian Politics and I really do feel for them. I hope the can consider the SP for SE but Akpabio is a nice contender and also fit for the job considering his support, experience and capacity.
I cannot remember the South East demanding any position from Tinubu.

Please share the positions among yourselves. We are not interested.

Don't you get it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race by Onyiridike(f): 10:42pm On Mar 11, 2023
CoolAmbience:

SE didn't ask you to give them any position.
Share the positions among yourselves so that when you fail, you will have only yourselves to blame.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief / Late Umar Yar'adua With Turai In The Early 70s (Throwback Photo) / Onitsha Launches New Community Vigilante Unit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.