Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha (34728 Views)

Patriotic Nigerians Share Food & Drinks At PVC Registration Center / The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually / Ize-Iyamu To Train, Rehabilitate โ€˜Agberosโ€™ In Empowerment, Transitional Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by TrumpDonald2: 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2023
stayclearofme:

You see that is the response when you hypocrites are counted, you have nothing reasonable to counter me except insulting. You are a very good example of a somebody brought up from the gutters, your own brain is completely dead!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
E pain you. Well truth is bitter.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by vannessa7(f): 4:16pm On Mar 13, 2023
Lashist:

What regulation??๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ. Do you realize that the agberos don't even obey court orders as well? Omo you dey talk like mumu. The situation in the said onitsha also happens in lagos where[b] touts at busstops harasses people they think look good to extort money from them. Or they see you are driving and stop your car to collect money by all means[/b]. Stop acting like lagos isn't the head office of lawlessness. My point is that agbero even have mouth than you in a court. [b]The govt will listen to this agbero first before they keep someone like you alive. [/b]You complain about agberos everyday but bigotry don enter so now you want to defend the agberos with your life...isn't that funny?? cheesy

The bolded is not true about Lagos agbero (NURTW), those are the works of pick pocket and street touts,, if you enter a bus at the pack they will even help you to secure your property if you forget it in a bus, their fights is only with themselves and drivers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by lanre211(m): 4:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Are you normal.

Agbero na Yoruba language
Use igbo call am na.

I am sure you have never been to onitsha.

Lagos na where Agbero go do owo mida for morning
Turn kidnapper for night.

For Ibadan a bus left a park and all the victims were kidnapped.

The park denied that the bus left the park. Of which a family of the victim was there at 5 am.

Oga u no fit tell me anything

I have been to the north east and west.

For nice weather na east get am

The bolded part done solve the whole issue... Rubbish fanatic weh no dey ready to hear others point of view... No need conversing with you... Dums
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by stayclearofme: 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
E pain you. Well truth is bitter.
Mumu...make you dey there dey fool yourself and continue to display you level of ignorance and stupidity! I am sure you are not up to 25 years!
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:46pm On Mar 13, 2023
lanre211:

The bolded part done solve the whole issue... Rubbish fanatic weh no dey ready to hear others point of view... No need conversing with you... Dums

๐Ÿ˜‚

E pain you. Hug high-tension wire
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by eroticecstasy: 5:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ballmer:
Pandora what do you have to say now.

The ipobian biafran traitor has nothing to say, he's a thier
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by heysquare(m): 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
BennyDGreat:

The hooligans must be provided with jobs or the streets won't be safe
Exactly!
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Lashist(m): 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
vannessa7:

The bolded is not true about Lagos agbero (NURTW), those are the works of pick pocket and street touts,, if you enter a bus at the pack they will even help you to secure your property if you forget it in a bus, their fights is only with themselves and drivers.
It's the same street touts that are in anambra. Looks like you don't read properly to understand. Point is that those kind of touts in anambra are also in lagos in bustops. These street touts and agberos have govt backup and if you arrest them for anything, they will be released and will come back to hunt you...madame, if you don't understand things, please rest
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Tflex01: 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2023
Alba3:
Agberos in the East are the worse of the worst. The main reason Igbos are shouting about those in Lagos is because they see them as threat to their occupational ambitions in Lagos. Since Most Yorubas are forming wokes and don't really care about their heritage or any legacy for unborn generations again. Nothing like self preservation, many Yoruba youths are lost and unfortunately Yorubas don't give birth to many children again but want to be too liberal in the midst of devilish hypocritic and unliberal tribes.

There was a day I alighted from Enugu bus at Onitsha south bus park with my luggage, agberos demanded I must pay charges before a wheelbarrow guy could carry my stuff. I paid twice, on our way to Peace park another sets blocked this guy for about two other tickets which I had to pay. The wheelbarrow guy said if he passes there hundred times, the owner of the load must pay these different sets of touts. The funny thing was that you would never see easterners complaining about these but in Lagos they're forming Americans.

God bless you, bless your parents, bless your seeds.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by IGoComotYaTeeth: 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Same people abusing MC Oluomo that doesn't even do such

If you want to understand these Igbo Agbero concept of charging people with goods for crossing bridges

Go to any Igbo dominated market especially Alaba, try link Alaba from Okokomaiko around okoko police station axis , Pako bridge... You see live and direct what Igbo Agbero do to Igbo traders in Yoruba land

Everything about them is hypocrisy

Nairaland kids won't know who Bomboy (Ugochukwu Dum Obiora )of Oshodi, Apapa Lion junction was... The terror of Oshodi of the 90s killing, raping, maiming before OPC led by Gani Adams gunned him down

Tinubu sponsored OPC, and RRS cleared most of the Thugs of the 90s, the 36 kinihun, Bomboy, Ajegunle thugs

people born between 1964-1979 are a different breed, I've been saying this but people think I'm crazy, things really happened in the 90s.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by THEMORALMEN: 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
This are motor park tout and not street thug that harass and intimidate people.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by SirJerrie(m): 7:08pm On Mar 13, 2023
NOC1:

False, non of them is exaggerated, i have experienced every story narrated here directly or indirectly.

Last month my girlfriend was held hostage by agberos for over 5 hours in Onitsha against her wish, she was forced to pay 6,000 from Onitsha to Enugu. Some of the passengers where beating and robbed by them.

Onitsha agberos are thieves, kidnappers unlike lagos Agberos.

Bros ..
I take God beg you ....
LIE SMALL SMALL๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Abeg!!
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Poanan: 7:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Same people abusing MC Oluomo that doesn't even do such

If you want to understand these Igbo Agbero concept of charging people with goods for crossing bridges

Go to any Igbo dominated market especially Alaba, try link Alaba from Okokomaiko around okoko police station axis , Pako bridge... You see live and direct what Igbo Agbero do to Igbo traders in Yoruba land

Everything about them is hypocrisy

Nairaland kids won't know who Bomboy (Ugochukwu Dum Obiora )of Oshodi, Apapa Lion junction was... The terror of Oshodi of the 90s killing, raping, maiming before OPC led by Gani Adams gunned him down

Tinubu sponsored OPC, and RRS cleared most of the Thugs of the 90s, the 36 kinihun, Bomboy, Ajegunle thugs

It was Tinubu's era agbero entered into some estates in lagos. Ask very well
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by kelblaze(m): 7:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
You're somewhat right...I think these guys just take advantage of JJCs or those they suppose don't know their way around
Yugoslavia247:
The OP has never crossed the 9ja bridge. Na only JJC dey enter this one. Abeg shift. Talk some sense.

Agbero no dey onitsha.

Call it the native name. You cant use yoruba to call igbo boys in parks name.

In the east we buy ticket from nnewi to most part. There is more organization. Your pay all your dues in the loading point. No one stops the bus for main road except police.

Come to lagos you see things.

When people from south south and southeast come to lagos for the first time and the agbero on the road some will think its armed robbery.

Owo mi da-- where is my money.

You will hear
Owo chairman
Owo security
Owo turning
Owo iyawo chairman
Everuday they manufacture new reasons to collect money.
No organization or organic road transport.
Every is just raving mad
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by leanonme82: 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2023
Can you imagine? grin cheesy

All the scales better fall from these woke yorubas eyes. They want to elect clubbers that have zero respect as governor and deputy governor in Lagos state. Zero experience managing hundreds of people, not to talk of thousands of people. Zero experience as managers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by leanonme82: 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
Alba3:
Agberos in the East are the worse of the worst. The main reason Igbos are shouting about those in Lagos is because they see them as threat to their occupational ambitions in Lagos. Since Most Yorubas are forming wokes and don't really care about their heritage or any legacy for unborn generations again. Nothing like self preservation, many Yoruba youths are lost and unfortunately Yorubas don't give birth to many children again but want to be too liberal in the midst of devilish hypocritic and unliberal tribes.

There was a day I alighted from Enugu bus at Onitsha south bus park with my luggage, agberos demanded I must pay charges before a wheelbarrow guy could carry my stuff. I paid twice, on our way to Peace park another sets blocked this guy for about two other tickets which I had to pay. The wheelbarrow guy said if he passes there hundred times, the owner of the load must pay these different sets of touts. The funny thing was that you would never see easterners complaining about these but in Lagos they're forming Americans.

Facts only. Its the same reason they get angry when they hear yorubas speaking the yoruba language. They complain and complain that why cant we speak english or pidgin? And want others to complain about it too. They want Lagos to lose every iota of yoruba culture, like most of the South south states. I tell them we speak yoruba in SW, not pidgin.

It is mumus that fall for all that nonsense psychology. Culture is strength.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by nakaman: 9:32pm On Mar 13, 2023
CodeTemplar:
and the west and north must have burnt Igbo properties in the SE also. There is insecurity everywhere but today is for Onitsha experiences.
igbos can never burn what I survive from
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Afokesco(m): 10:08pm On Mar 13, 2023
Opiaoku1:
I was robbed in Onitsha at upper iweka oo. First, when our bus stopped me there because we arrived around 6pm from Benin. When I called the wheelbarrow Pusher, some group of guys demanded I must settle them before the pusher will carry my luggage oo. I told them so after settling them I will still settle the wheelbarrow guy, dey said yes. Last last I settled them. Lo and behold, the wheelbarrow guy carried me to the real thieves who now rob me off my two phones and cash. And aslo stabbed me on my hand

currently serving in the east...the Igbo Don't really love themselves... the easterner states are backward..no development especially abia...when you work for them...to pay you your money is another thing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by samfrancis1(m): 10:20pm On Mar 13, 2023
The kind plank weh I chop for Enugu ehn all because they feel all Yoruba is from Lagos.. they were like all this Lagos boys una deh think say una wise.. someone who would not in another life confront me in person was hitting wood in me like I be animal.. in Enugu state o cause I be Yoruba boy
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by samfrancis1(m): 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
nonhuman:
you guys are just mixing things, there are alot of rubbers in onitsha both armed and unarmed, you got robbed by armed rubbers you said agbero rubbed you nawa for una, just in rush to prove onitsha have agberos like Lagos too
Bros no sleep.. itโ€™s agbero during the day and arm robber at night.. even during the day youโ€™ll see their mode of operation itโ€™s not far from arm robbers.. na dem deh run all
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Tranquill: 10:25pm On Mar 13, 2023
Alba3:

Every thing they complain about other tribes and places, also happen in their states and towns in a bigger or worst scale.

They are very hypocritical and always want to demonise others, maybe it makes them feel better.

Also, they believe they are the only ones that travel, and that other people don't travel to Igbo states and towns, so can't see and expose them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by nonhuman(m): 10:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
samfrancis1:
Bros no sleep.. itโ€™s agbero during the day and arm robber at night.. even during the day youโ€™ll see their mode of operation itโ€™s not far from arm robbers.. na dem deh run all
then call them by their name robbers
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by samfrancis1(m): 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2023
nonhuman:
then call them by their name robbers
Bros you wouldnโ€™t call someone who hasnโ€™t been nabbed a robber.. at least we see then as agbero during the day.. funny thing they always have their barricade beat police and soldiers check point in the east.. then strong well
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Namigotalktru: 12:25am On Mar 14, 2023
Ballmer:
Pandora what do you have to say now.

Their land is Dubai that is why they are crying about Lagos elections like it is the promised land of IDPs
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by Godofsoccer: 12:42am On Mar 14, 2023
Me am just here to read comment cause have never been to onitsha before
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by sreamsense: 2:19am On Mar 14, 2023
michlins:
While agberos are a menace in Onitsha, some or if not all of the stories are exaggerated.

Meanwhile Soludo promised to fix the issue but he's currently busy writing letters to Obi.

When you hear stories about huge IGR, this is how they're made. The boys have to forcefully make the money to pay their bosses who already paid for the slots to the government
If Soludo can not fix the problem in Anambra, is it trial-and-error LP inexperienced and immatures candidates that will fix the problem? I laughed at your ignorance. Instead of you to rally round Soludo to succeed, you are revenging because he told obi bitter truth of his life. You want Soludo not to succeed, if he doesn't succeed; Anambra people will be the one to suffer for it. After honeymoon with LP gets expired and puts them no where politically and directionlessly; they will remember how they lost great chance of soludo to bad blood. Has what Soludo said about obi not come to pass? He is just wasting his time going to court, he will soon waste his money on futility.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by olab059(m): 8:25am On Mar 14, 2023
Yeah, I can attest to all this...I was just laughing when I was reading the posts, cos I thought things would have changed there. I served there between 2007-2008, and I can say, their version of agbero, and conductors are the worst...at least Lagos agberos won't manhandle you. If you want to understand how they behave, think Tejuosho market before it was restructured. You know the way the traders there used to manhandle girls, that's how they behave, and worse...forcing you inside buses, charging crazy amounts for bags, etc.

And I think I should also mention how unsafe Onitsha was back then. Going from the village i served to Onitsha, which was a 30 minute trip was war all the time, cos you would have to stop by the roadside cos a robbery is going on...a robbery is always going on. And guess who was the Governor at the time? The man they claim is the messiah. I can't count how many times I had to sleep inside Catholic church cos I got to Onitsha after 7pm from Lagos, and arm robbers were on the rampage, as usual. Even when I went back in 2009, I had to walk around with this guard in the hotel I stayed in...bro had a pump action with him at all times.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by olab059(m): 8:29am On Mar 14, 2023
Almaigaa:
See the various receipt Onitsha Agbero gave one person in a day grin grin

WOWSERS!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by olab059(m): 8:35am On Mar 14, 2023
gigabyte13:
I was once at upper nweka abi wertin Dem dey call am, at Onitsha, Anambra State., on my way to okigwe, lmo state.
Wertin those upper Nweka touts abi na park urchins use my eyes see that evening eeeehn na another full gist for
Newspaper front page.

Na person wey never go East before, go dey think say, na the only Mecca for Nigeria.
Mecca wey be say, the owner dey run from.

Make una dey play
Dey play oooooooo
Dey playyyyyyyyyyyyy

LOL! This made me laugh.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by olab059(m): 8:43am On Mar 14, 2023
Donire:
I'm not Yoruba, but I will tell you , in Lagos na agbero na the best option to ask for location and right bus to join. I just move to Onitsha, Bros Onitsha agboro too rude ehhh. 7pm every where don dry ehhh. See them for road ehhh. Bro the government need to do something I swear. Even at 12pm in Lagos, na only police you go the fear , here at Onitsha at that time , you can't even see police, na boys get road for night

I swear. It was like that in 2007 when I lived there, I thought things would have changed. From 7pm, you're on your own if you go out. I wonder why people don't talk about this more often.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by olab059(m): 8:54am On Mar 14, 2023
Lithiumite:

Why don't you stop the lying......Onitsha is far more dangerous than Lagos or anywhere else in the entire south.

I have had my mirrors removed in broad daylight at upper iweka because I refused to give agbero 5k for carrying goods in my sienna going to Owerri.......right there in traffic and everyone else were just going about there normal business like nothing happened.

I lived in awada,obosi road for 9 months and worked at otigba in Onitsha GRA and main market...... anything after 8pm,the streets are deserted and moving at night is a huge security risk.

Lagos agbero menace on the other hand is targeted towards commercial vehicle owners and as a private commuter they have no problem with you......you can be in Berger,ojota,oshodi,ojuelegba at anytime even mid night and nobody will harrass you
.......if your phone gets stolen in oshodi,I can even tell you where to go report and your phone can be retrieved for you.

In the east it's a totally lawless place and I have igbo friends who will tell you they can never stay in Onitsha even for free.

The bolded is so accurate.
Re: Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha by olab059(m): 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2023
Komu1048:

The problem of many Yorubas is that they donโ€™t travel like the igbos. So when igbos come with their hypocrisy they succumb like how your dumb submission.

I have been in Lagos since 2005 n I havenโ€™t experience a single problem with Lagos touts, but was rubbed my first time in upper iweka in Onitsha n if not for my Igbo friend I would have experience same in eke awka in Awka market.

Igbos are hypocrites and deceivers, they wonโ€™t speak about the log of woods on their eyes but will be quick to condemn the tiny one on your eye.

I have seen many Igbo touts in Lagos and they are even more fierce than the Yorubas in Lagos.

Beside agbero are different from touts. But igbos have successfully made you see agbero as touts just the way they have made you see any Yoruba as afonja a backstabbers, thanks to people like you

Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

APC Presidential Rally In Ilorin, Kwara (Video, Photos) / Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages / Tinubu Made Ministerial Offer To Me - Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.