Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? (32372 Views)

Buhari & Emefiele Chat With Tinubu On Eve Of Swearing-In (Throwback Photo) / Old Naira: Buhari, Emefiele Not Relevant After Presidential Election - Oshiomole / Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by samfrancis1(m): 10:08am On Mar 14, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Cashless and cash swap policy helped me to understand that Nigerians are very wicked people.
Imagine a provision store woman sells 10k cash for 3500.... this is the money customers come to buy items with not that she buys it.

By the way, she use to disturb the entire neighborhood every morning with morning cry
Bros before nko.. that’s love of money.. Bible see talk about am na
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by McLizbae: 10:08am On Mar 14, 2023
It achieved Buharis final finishing for Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Stricher: 10:08am On Mar 14, 2023
Ebubu3:
there were very minimal records of vote buying. what we had was result “manipulation” and editing not vote buying.

it curbed vote buying.

Well...it curbed it to a large extent but people sold votes on credit,later to be credited days after election

1 Like

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by backbone503(m): 10:09am On Mar 14, 2023
That Jagaban is a visionary leader and truly in a distinctive class if his own.

2 Likes

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Ibrahim3307(m): 10:13am On Mar 14, 2023
Ebubu3:
there were very minimal records of vote buying. what we had was result “manipulation” and editing not vote buying.

it curbed vote buying.
there was vote buying but at a reduced rate and different ways in some cases
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Ellasure: 10:18am On Mar 14, 2023
It showed me that the average Nigerian market personality is tooooooo money conscious.

Pray you don't need something urgently from your next door neighbour because you will be disappointed.

There is no respite for anybody living in the enclave called Nigeria. It is like hell hole.

The average Nigerian is tooooooo money conscious and can subvert, enslaved friendship with money.

Don't trust a Nigerian with authority over money matters because you will be disappointed and loose out in the very end.

Our political leaders are not aware and or consciously serving the Nigerian people. All the legislative chambers in the Nigerian landscape kept quiet in the face of sufferings of the masses despite electioneering activities in progress.

Governmental agencies can be used to perpetuate evil when men keep silent.

And so on.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Skyehigher1: 10:18am On Mar 14, 2023
Oloriburuku policy that kill the masses

1 Like

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Emperor5(m): 10:18am On Mar 14, 2023
Love800:
U are funny. Wat if the kidnapper use pos, how will it reduce kidnapping
Read and understand before you quote...
I didn't said it will reduce kidnapper, rather it reduced kidnapper.
Meanwhile Can you mention any kidnapping case you heard since naira became scarce then compare it to the past.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Injera(f): 10:18am On Mar 14, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
Reduction in population, poverty and hardship that can only be likened to that witnessed only in war times

This regime is pure evil!!!

To be honest, I was willing to endure and see it as part of my sacrifice if it would have produced a [b]president elected by the people [/b]but no!

Las las all na scam
You mean Igbos
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by oluphemmxzy(m): 10:19am On Mar 14, 2023
Nothing
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Mylove55(f): 10:23am On Mar 14, 2023
8stargeneral:
And you have forgotten that someone bring the policy before others supported....they supported it because of vote buying as they clamied not to use it to punish people at the end nothing they achieved

because of obi.diot greediness, obi said his ambition is more important than the masses suffering and death.
You're supporting the same evil Obi
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by 8stargeneral: 10:31am On Mar 14, 2023
Mylove55:
because of obi.diot greediness, obi said his ambition is more important than the masses suffering and death.
You're supporting the same evil Obi
please anytime you want talk nonsense...don't come under my comment to speak trash...i can see that you don't have brain...clown

May your life remain like Nigeria and the drug baron your supporting...spit
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 10:33am On Mar 14, 2023
Hunger
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Elinosweet143(f): 10:34am On Mar 14, 2023
When my mom told me that Buhari is synonymous to hardship i didn't understand but now i knw, the huy ranked 1st, this their policy brought nothing but extreme hardship on a common man

1 Like

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by femmoy(m): 10:42am On Mar 14, 2023
Ebubu3:

it curbed vote buying.

When a 10year old boy knows the election can still be manipulated,why then was it changed due to vote buying when some old fools knew the election wouldn't still go fairly?

They just killed and suffered the citizens for absolutely nothing.
Posterity wouldn't speak well about you all,wicked and evil leaders.

Japa is the surest thing now.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by baconline(m): 10:44am On Mar 14, 2023
It achieved a lot, the economy lost 20 trillion,
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Thinkingfast: 10:55am On Mar 14, 2023
IMHO
Advantages
1. Increased the value of Naira
2. Reversed quantitative easing policies
3 Recapitalation of banks
In the long run
4. Documentation of consumption and business records
5. Accurate records for taxation would curb avoidance.

The problems
1.CBN monetary policy used to fight political battles
2. Logistics to fully implement the cashless policy not in place
3.Bank structures where sub standard to deal with the volume facilitating multi level problems and challenges.
4. Lack of consultation and sensitisation of the general public.
5. Lack of foresight resulting in untold suffering and untimely death
6. Encouraged extortion and super profits for commercial Bank & small businesses

Naira is mopped up it is mopped up. Now what happens after 31st if December 2023
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by CursedOsuPigs: 10:57am On Mar 14, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
Reduction in population, poverty and hardship that can only be likened to that witnessed only in war times

This regime is pure evil!!!

To be honest, I was willing to endure and see it as part of my sacrifice if it would have produced a president elected by the people but no!

Las las all na scam

The one elected was elected by ghosts abi?

God has a way of shaming the devil.

God don shame una.

Make una dey manage the sifia pain for the next 8 years.

1 Like

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by dmz1: 11:01am On Mar 14, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Cashless and cash swap policy helped me to understand that Nigerians are very wicked people.
Imagine a provision store woman sells 10k cash for 3500.... this is the money customers come to buy items with not that she buys it.

By the way, she use to disturb the entire neighborhood every morning with morning cry

It is not true
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by ogunsbanjul(m): 11:01am On Mar 14, 2023
It helped oppositions to get more votes during the presidential election because many believed government of the day did it to stop vote buying BUT orchestrated by EMEFIELE and CO. to stop president-elect from winning. Above all God Almighty pass them all

1 Like

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by DispatcherLagos: 11:04am On Mar 14, 2023
dmz1:

It is not true
What is not true?
Your existence or that of the people before you?
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by SirNature23: 11:07am On Mar 14, 2023
Ebubu3:

it curbed vote buying.

It modified vote buying. In my area, once you vote for APC, you write your name and account details. After Inec declared Tinubu as winner, alerts of 2k,3k started flying.
Guys mortgage their future with 2k,3k
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by dalass(f): 11:07am On Mar 14, 2023
Only suffering

Plus avoidable deaths undecided
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Starpro87(m): 11:10am On Mar 14, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

You really have no clue what the issues that were argued in court were,what the CBN Act says or the power that the constitution gives the Supreme Court
You don't know you're talking about,not really but you feel you must talk

You would have appeared more responsible and civil if you had just told me what I do not know. Must everything be quarrel on nairaland?
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by 0m0nnakoda: 11:13am On Mar 14, 2023
Starpro87:

You would have appeared more responsible and civil if you had just told me what I do not know. Must everything be quarrel on nairaland?
There is no quarrel in telling you you don't know what you are talking about
If that bruises your ego then you might be in the wrong place.

You use grandiloquent language like

affront to the corporate administration of the apex bank. what the hell does that mean?

At the end you said nothing meaningful
Bitter truth you don't understand The issues and in such circumstances you should be asking questions or be silent

The Court said the CBN breached the CBN Act
Have you read the act?or even the relevant section?
What has any of this got to do with corporate administration whatever that is?
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by VULCAN(m): 11:16am On Mar 14, 2023
What a daft response!

You ignored Buhari and Emefiele who initiated the policy and you focus on those who supported it.

Really, APC is full of brain dead people.

helinues:
The question should be directed to those who supported the policy that brought more hardship on ordinary Nigerians
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by helinues: 11:18am On Mar 14, 2023
VULCAN:
What a daft response!

You ignored Buhari and Emefiele who initiated the policy and you focus on those who supported it.

Really, APC is full of brain dead people.

See, dey your lane, I won't warn you again
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by BJanta: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2023
helinues:
The question should be directed to those who supported the policy that brought more hardship on ordinary Nigerians

They're all here, but they will speak in muffled voice. Big shame on them.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 14, 2023
Before asking this question, I expect the writer to first enumerate the targets the what I can best describe as 'Economy Sabotage Policy' was designed to achieve:
1. Security of citizens
2. Prevention of vote buying
3. Ensure Internet Banking (Cashless Policy)

Looking at each further,

A. Security; Apparently once there is new notes, ransom can be traced to bandits, Kidnappers, IPOB, Bokoharams etc. The fact is, kidnappings have reduced but with times unless the security agents did their work well, it most likely going to return (God forbid). In otherwords, security matter is still all about our CSOs not Emefielle. Therefore, he was only going to FAIL as it's not his duty.

B. Vote Buying; Suddenly what was tagged Naira Redesign became Naira Confiscating Policy. What we have seen before and still happening is that voters can be induced through other means not necessarily with cash and so the policy was always going to FAIL because voters could as well be promised that once I won, I'm owing you 10k each as we have seen in a trending video where some women were complaining of unfullfilled promise.

C. Cashless Policy; For the Record, there is nothing like cashless policy even in advanced economy. Mulling that Idea in developing economy like ours is a joke taken too far. I personally have some issues of failed transactions and that's due to our weak internet capacity. millions of people troop to banks on daily basis for complains of failed transactions which means that Emefielle policy was destined to FAIL.

Therefore, Emefielle FAILED as CBN governor especially when you consider the above plus what has happened to naira/dollar value since when he became the CBN GOVERNOR.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Georgejeez: 11:41am On Mar 14, 2023
Starpro87:
I do not support the Naira redesign policy in its entirety but I must state that what the supreme court did was an affront to the corporate administration of the apex bank.

The apex court should have told us that the apex bank has no power and constitutional right to redesign our note, unless they get backing from the court. I don't know what the law says in this regard.

Why would the court give a validity period of till 31st December without due consultation with CBN? This, by extension, means that the apex court controls the economic policies of the apex bank and its implementation. This is not so right.

Believe me without a second thought when I say you a fool
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by jclassiq(m): 11:44am On Mar 14, 2023
They will never go unpunished. Insha Allah.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by visaclick: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2023
I can’t believe i fell for the lie that it was to curb election rigging

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cherubim And Seraphim Church Warns Buhari Govt Against ‘arrest Of Peter Obi’ / Fascinating Picture Of A Pdp Office Somewhere In Taraba State. / Atiku Shuns PDP Youths Hires Foreigner As Social Media Consultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.