Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? (32366 Views)

Buhari & Emefiele Chat With Tinubu On Eve Of Swearing-In (Throwback Photo) / Old Naira: Buhari, Emefiele Not Relevant After Presidential Election - Oshiomole / Naira Redesign: Buhari, Emefiele Meet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by jclassiq(m): 11:46am On Mar 14, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Sifia pain

No cash, No light, Expensive fuel,

Last time I experienced anything similar to these was during Abacha regime and international sanctions and embargo was placed on Nigeria

As wicked as they claim Abacha was, he gave us alternative

We had power supply,
Local refinery produced poor quality petrol, diesel and kerosene
We drank cold Zobo and Kunu when Coca-cola was expensive
Maize and millet were in surplus to replace Thailand rice
Sawdust stoves gave cheaper fire

you have really been around.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by MrFly(m): 11:48am On Mar 14, 2023
the cashless policy suceeded in causing hunger, restlessness and economic hardship. Ndi ara
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by AngelicBeing: 11:49am On Mar 14, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
Reduction in population, poverty and hardship that can only be likened to that witnessed only in war times

This regime is pure evil!!!

To be honest, I was willing to endure and see it as part of my sacrifice if it would have produced a president elected by the people but no!

Las las all na scam
Gbamsulotely, end of thread, next news jare cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Nealson(m): 11:50am On Mar 14, 2023
They don't achieve nada And the funniest part is , the same apc government that causes the havoc and extreme hardship are the one elected and we masses thought doing the same thing will bring different results...we are joking. Una never see anything yet una eyes go clear soon
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by ufotunang: 12:14pm On Mar 14, 2023
It achieved more hunger, poverty hardship, inflation, unemployment, closure of bussinesses...this is what cashless policy, APC and Buhari achieved
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by ufotunang: 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
HappyPagan:
Suffering. Hunger. Depression. Heartbreak. Increased poverty. Wasted goods. Low sales. Plenty fight.

Emefiele should apologise to the nation. It will be useless, but it might show he has some 'human' in him.
... emefiele should even be arrested and jailed for putting hardship on nigerians ..and Buhari should also be arrested and jailed after his tenure.. emefiele and Buhari initiated this harsh cashless policy
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by ufotunang: 12:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
Ebubu3:
there were very minimal records of vote buying. what we had was result “manipulation” and editing not vote buying.

it curbed vote buying.
,.but it did not stop the election from been rigged

1 Like

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by KanuSE: 12:20pm On Mar 14, 2023
Brushstrokes20:
It achieved SORROW, TEARS AND BLOOD # buhari regular trademark!

The DIABOLIC DUO of buhari and emeFAILURE are Nigeria's WORST BLUNDERS! undecided

Sharap you empty head, what do you know?

Those two achievers you're abusing are actually far better than your entire cursed lineage.

Aláìníronu eranko játijàti ! grin
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by GenerationNext: 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
Reduction in population, poverty and hardship that can only be likened to that witnessed only in war times

This regime is pure evil!!!

To be honest, I was willing to endure and see it as part of my sacrifice if it would have produced a president elected by the people but no!

Las las all na scam
The biggest scam of the decade.

1 Like

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by GenerationNext: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
KanuSE:

Those two achievers you're abusing are actually far better than your entire cursed lineage.

Mumu has spoken. By there fruits you shall know them.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by matori(m): 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2023
It has achieved inhuman wickedness to the masses.Period.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Larryndelaw: 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
Nothing. It was all Emefiele plan against Tinubu and sold the idea to Buhari who fell for it ignorantly because he is not smart administratratively. He later threw Emefiele under the bus
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by ObiDatti85(m): 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
Someone sent money to my zenith bank account from Access bank. It's been more that two hours it has not reflected. I have the proof of payment.

Maybe we should start suing these banks for damages.

1 Like

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by IgOga(m): 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2023
seunmsg:

What did Peter Obi gain by supporting the policy?

It was at this point I concluded that the Peter Obi that was a monumental failure in Anambra will still be a monumental failure if he becomes President of Nigeria.

Thank God he failed.

The first major decision making he got it wrong.

1 Like

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Eagba(m): 12:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
omowolewa:
It has exposed CBN Act as no longer fashionable and too empowered

It exposes bank networks as overrated

It has shown that some people can forgive you instantly you choose their enemies as your frenemy

It shows this current CBN governs using trial by error that's why they care less of informal sectors in the decision variables.

It shows that this Government careless about the pains of its citizens. Explaining why some events are seen as act of nature.

Above all, all creditors/Contractirs to Banks/CBN/ and Government Agencies can apply FORCE MAJEURE in respect of their Loans repayments and contracts based on the failure of this policy.

The FGovt should sack the Gvnr as he led a failed made in Agbor Policy or he failed in stopping Tinubu from winning.
point of correction; tinubu didn't win he was declared the winner.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Uniquetani1(f): 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2023
Jsucre:
people still vote on credit. They received their money via pos transfer after election

I guess you are one of them
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Billmos: 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2023
Only creating unmerited wealth for pos owners n expose nigerian as d only problem to demselve,I use to tins d leaders are greedy but I now realize every nigerians are greedy just dat there is no platform to showcase their greediness.d leaders are better dan our us d followers.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Alusiizizi(m): 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2023
Omooba77:
Buhari New Naira Note and Cashless Policy achieved?

Vote buyers could no longer buy votes, so in desperation they committed electoral malpractices so glaring that even staunch supporters of the president-elect admit that the presidential election was flawed. Is that achievement enough for you?
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Supersymetry: 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2023
The most important question should be, why can't CBN make the new naira available, and why are the politicians focused on making the old currency a legal tender but forgetting to talk about making the new naira available.

From every indication the two sides are playing the people.
So don't be in a hurry to take side.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Trendy05(f): 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2023
More suffering and more suffering of the citizenry.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Brushstrokes20: 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2023
KanuSE:

Omo iya werey grin yaba left escapee grin
FAILURE praising FAILURES grin
Koni ragba fun Iyalaya e!
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by chaloskyx: 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2023
Guys lets stop crying over the policies of APC its not worth it just remember you re elected them for another 8 years so what are you crying for your real suffering and hardship is just beginning so save your tears
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by loswhite(m): 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2023
helinues:
The question should be directed to those who supported the policy that brought more hardship on ordinary Nigerians
The implementation of the policy was wrong and not the policy itself.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
helinues:

The question should be directed to those who supported the policy that brought more hardship on ordinary Nigerians

Like Obi, Atiku and Kwankwaso whose judgement now appear myopic, questionable and very suspect.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:27pm On Mar 14, 2023
It's the comments for me, some dolts trying so hard not to name drop Buhari but find it easy to moan at the name of the CBN governor.

Honestly, Nigerians are really mysterious.
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Akpez13: 9:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
It may have curb vote buying but it aided electorate buying....
Which means the process is a failure... brought untold hardship to Nigerians.
From the beginning I hated the policy.. because I know it will tell on us real deep..but when I see people praising the policy I wonder where their brain is located.
In Nigeria if you nor get money or na small money you get, you are considered nothing.
But if you package small you fit dey break some kin law ND no fucking person cares instead praises ND jealousy follows

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by donmik: 11:48pm On Mar 14, 2023
Sorrowful entry-Hard years of service-frying pan parting package
Are all I can remember is the meaning of Buhari.
I pity my class mate that bears that same name, Buhari
Re: What Did Buhari, Emefiele New Naira Notes & Cashless Policy Achieve? by Godspikin: 9:18am On Mar 15, 2023
lansile:
Before asking this question, I expect the writer to first enumerate the targets the what I can best describe as 'Economy Sabotage Policy' was designed to achieve:
1. Security of citizens
2. Prevention of vote buying
3. Ensure Internet Banking (Cashless Policy)

Looking at each further,

A. Security; Apparently once there is new notes, ransom can be traced to bandits, Kidnappers, IPOB, Bokoharams etc. The fact is, kidnappings have reduced but with times unless the security agents did their work well, it most likely going to return (God forbid). In otherwords, security matter is still all about our CSOs not Emefielle. Therefore, he was only going to FAIL as it's not his duty.

B. Vote Buying; Suddenly what was tagged Naira Redesign became Naira Confiscating Policy. What we have seen before and still happening is that voters can be induced through other means not necessarily with cash and so the policy was always going to FAIL because voters could as well be promised that once I won, I'm owing you 10k each as we have seen in a trending video where some women were complaining of unfullfilled promise.

C. Cashless Policy; For the Record, there is nothing like cashless policy even in advanced economy. Mulling that Idea in developing economy like ours is a joke taken too far. I personally have some issues of failed transactions and that's due to our weak internet capacity. millions of people troop to banks on daily basis for complains of failed transactions which means that Emefielle policy was destined to FAIL.

Therefore, Emefielle FAILED as CBN governor especially when you consider the above plus what has happened to naira/dollar value since when he became the CBN GOVERNOR.

But Peter Obi supported the whole idea and obidients were hailing him as the Messiah that he has been tagged.

The reality is that it is the common man, the ordinary citizens that bears the brunt of all these inefficiency and failure of the CBN governor. Most of these rich men would not directly feel the pains and suffering attached to it. Unfortunately na those people wey dey suffer am dey hail their oppressor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hilarious Election Banner Advert (Photo) / “God Owns Lagos, Entire Universe” – PDP Blasts Oba Of Lagos / FG Plans N8tn Budget For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.