Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,958 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) (29923 Views)

A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Marrakesh Menara Airport, Morocco: Africa's Finest And Most Beautiful Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by gforce5: 6:07pm On Mar 15, 2023
OP, i am disappointed in you. Why waste your time replying an ignoramus?? 90% of people on this forum have not seen the four walls of an international airport. Majority of them are ignorant of nations outside Nigeria. All they know is UK, US, Canada, Australia and Germany. Most of them are bitter and frustrated. That's why sensible people don't post their private life on any Nigerian media platform or limit the number of people viewing them due to the jealous and petty nature of the average Nigerian. Nigerians are generally jealous of people who have a better life than them. It's called a crabs in the bucket syndrome. A simple research on google would have informed that ignoramus that Morocco is one of the biggest tourist destinations in the world not just in Africa. Many western celebrities travel there for tourism purposes and a lot of hollywood movies have been filmed there.
Iqtest:

Lol very funny.
I will be going to cairo in a couple of weeks.
Just a tour in the North africa 🌍.
Not what you think

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Iqtest: 6:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
gforce5:
OP, i am disappointed in you. Why waste your time replying an ignoramus?? 90% of people on this forum have not seen the four walls of an international airport. Majority of them are ignorant of nations outside Nigeria. All they know is UK, US, Canada, Australia and Germany. Most of them are bitter and frustrated. That's why sensible people don't post their private life on any Nigerian media platform or limit the number of people viewing them due to the jealous and petty nature of the average Nigerian. Nigerians are generally jealous of people who have a better life than them. It's called a crabs in the bucket syndrome. A simple research on google would have informed that ignoramus that Morocco is one of the biggest tourist destinations in the world not just in Africa. Many western celebrities travel there for tourism purposes and a lot of hollywood movies have been filmed there.
You are absolutely right. πŸ‘, 50-70% of tourists in my hotel were mostly Americans and Europeans.
Morocco is currently one of the biggest tourist destinations in world,the government are really making huge revenues from tourism.
Wish Nigeria government could invest more in tourism like other Africa nations

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by gforce5: 6:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
It's not going to happen because of the following factors: tribalism, religious intolerance, corruption and limited foresight. The latter being the most important as our leaders lack foresight and don't plan for the future. Nigeria as a country, has been used to mediocrity for many years that it is very difficult to create an acceptable standard for the nation.
Iqtest:

You are absolutely right. πŸ‘, 50-70% of tourists in my hotel were mostly Americans and Europeans.
Morocco is currently one of the biggest tourist destinations in world,the government are really making huge revenues from tourism.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Iqtest: 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
gforce5:
It's not going to happen because of the following factors: tribalism, religious intolerance, corruption and limited foresight. The latter being the most important as our leaders lack foresight and don't plan for the future. Nigeria as a country, has been used to mediocrity for many years that it is very difficult to create an acceptable standard for the nation.
πŸ’― you said it all.
But i think tribalism is one of the major problem of this country.
If the electorate can shun tribalism and vote the right candidate irrespective of tribe or religion. The country will definitely start working

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by phymeon(m): 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2023
@Op or any other person that visited Morocco recently, which travel insurance did you buy?
Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Iqtest: 7:09pm On Mar 15, 2023
phymeon:
@Op or any other person that visited Morocco recently, which travel insurance did you buy?
Staysure travel insurance

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by gentlegenius(m): 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
HeartlessMan:

cc: NDLEA DEA
This guy is an international drug smuggler!!
STFU...
The real drug smuggler is the one you guys voted for president.
Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Uniquetani1(f): 8:14pm On Mar 15, 2023
Alusiizizi:

No problem. You are interested in swimming the ocean then?

Haha, what happened to getting first class ticket? grin you can make it work
Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Alusiizizi(m): 11:34pm On Mar 15, 2023
Uniquetani1:

Haha, what happened to getting first class ticket? grin you can make it work

Look, if you had like a gazillion Naira you could easily purchase your own private continental airliner, then you wouldn't have to worry about a plane ticket but as the ancients used to say, "cut your coat according to your cloth". What we are discussing here is how to get you to Canada on a budget.
Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Tats(m): 12:11am On Mar 16, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Nobody dey open eye korokoro go Morocco so either OP go deliver cocaine or na shit-eating househelp parole.

You see your "Heartless mind" Mr HeartlessMan. grin
People travel for Tourism. I was in Marrakesh on holiday last October and went to Casablanca too.
Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 3:23am On Mar 16, 2023
nonhuman:
black people are not meant to enjoy or have good things, they like leaders like buhari, and Tinubu

Namibians, Barbadians and Bahamians enjoy good things. I once like you, but I believe using Nigeria to cover all black people is unfair. Nigeria's problems are caused by Nigerians and should only be used to judge Nigerians, not every black person.

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 3:26am On Mar 16, 2023
jara:
The more Africans are hated in other countries, the more fascinated they are to visit or live there.

This is a country where Africans are afraid to come out in the day because they lack legal papers.

One guy from Cameroon was asked if it was worth it. He said war is ravaging his country. Pitiful.

Yet, some rogue is posting pictures to lure other Africans there. He will soon open office as agent for slave traders.

That is not Morrocco's fault but Cameroon's and Nigeria's. Do Namibians or Bastwanians experience the same conditions in Morocco? What about South Africans or Kenyans?
Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Houseofaddey(f): 3:53am On Mar 16, 2023
phymeon:

I work with Axa Mansard Insurance Company as a Sales Advisor, I can help you get your travel Insurance certificate in no time. Kindly reach out.
Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by emmaodet: 5:02am On Mar 16, 2023
UYEMDO35:
Who go borrow me money, atleast make I travel small go see how other country, I cannot born and dsame time die here.

grin grin grin

Dem dey forbid to die here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by emmaodet: 5:05am On Mar 16, 2023
jara:
The more Africans are hated in other countries, the more fascinated they are to visit or live there.

This is a country where Africans are afraid to come out in the day because they lack legal papers.

One guy from Cameroon was asked if it was worth it. He said war is ravaging his country. Pitiful.

Yet, some rogue is posting pictures to lure other Africans there. He will soon open office as agent for slave traders.

Na WA ooooo

This is vacation now not slave raiding things now
Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Mstravelindiva: 5:33am On Mar 16, 2023
Nice thread and great pics friend!☺️

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Regex: 7:04am On Mar 16, 2023
emmaodet:

Na WA ooooo

This is vacation now not slave raiding things now

Poverty is not just of material lack, but also of mindset. To a typical black man, tourism is just a means to end rather than, an end to a means.

What people don't understand, they try to learn what it is by different ways, the whites have grown past the nature of man by simply poking it (attack), rather by taking keen look at it to spot a change or pattern (observe). The black man is still stuck in his ways of poking things and waiting for a reaction as a way to understand things of life.

So this is their way of trying to fathom that a human can actually migrate to a place for leisure for a short period of time and return back to their roots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Dipville(m): 9:03am On Mar 16, 2023
Iqtest:

You mind sharing the visa process, I see you went via UK. Do you mind sharing that still?

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Iqtest: 9:25am On Mar 16, 2023
Dipville:

You mind sharing the visa process, I see you went via UK. Do you mind sharing that still?

Thank you!

I used a travel agency.(virgin holiday)
Cost of trip Β£2100. It a medium holiday
You don't need a visa if you are a British national, just your passport will do
Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by gforce5: 10:04am On Mar 16, 2023
Definitely, tribalism is the worst. The average Nigerian is too tribalistic to elect a decent leader. We see everything from a tribal lense. It's so bad that Nigerians can never come together to demand good governance due to tribalism. As long as their brother is there, nothing else bothers them. Forget those people man. They aren't worth the stress and headache.
Iqtest:

πŸ’― you said it all.
But i think tribalism is one of the major problem of this country.
If the electorate can shun tribalism and vote the right candidate irrespective of tribe or religion. The country will definitely start working

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by emmaodet: 11:00am On Mar 16, 2023
Regex:

Poverty is not just of material lack, but also of mindset. To a typical black man, tourism is just a means to end rather than, an end to a means.

What people don't understand, they try to learn what it is by different ways, the whites have grown past the nature of man by simply poking it (attack), rather by taking keen look at it to spot a change or pattern (observe). The black man is still stuck in his ways of poking things and waiting for a reaction as a way to understand things of life.

So this is their way of trying to fathom that a human can actually migrate to a place for leisure for a short period of time and return back to their roots.

My brother.
I tire sef
To an average black man, vacation looks strangeeeeee. As in, they can't fathom while someone will be wasting money to them.
When blocks dey to mould, family members dey to carry their responsibilities as if you are the cause of their problem.
Person go look born children wey e no fit raise and now will be counting on another family member to pick up his responsibilities because? Em em em. Because we are family members
Stupid people

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Regex: 11:07am On Mar 16, 2023
emmaodet:

My brother.
I tire sef
To an average black man, vacation looks strangeeeeee. As in, they can't fathom while someone will be wasting money to them.
When blocks dey to mould, family members dey to carry their responsibilities as if you are the cause of their problem.
Person go look born children wey e no fit raise and now will be counting on another family member to pick up his responsibilities because? Em em em. Because we are family members
Stupid people

That mentality is what's keeping us from developing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Subsaharan: 11:12am On Mar 16, 2023
LordAdam16:

That entire Morocco-ECOWAS fiasco was a geopolitical red herring.

Morocco is always on the lookout for opportunities to court international political capital for its claims in Western Sahara.

Nigeria rebuffed that advance because it'll get us entangled in sh*tty Middle Eastern politics. We have enough problems with Islamists to choose a side. Algeria, Iran, Qatar, and certain pacts in Egypt and the UAE would have made giving Morocco's claims legitimacy a very painful decision for us.

Like Oman, they're the outcasts of the Ummah. Historically, they've pursued unilateral moves because of deep suspicion of other forces in the Levant.

The development in Morocco is mostly to pacify citizens because the Monarchy has very powerful geopolitical foes. It is on that basis that they can't offer Nigeria the same visa privileges they extend to some West African states, lest our Islamists be used by Middle Eastern funders to destabilize Western Sahara and the ruling house's hold on power.

I like the Amazighs tho'. Proud, fascinating, fiercely independent, and politically deft people.

-Lord

wow! you seem to know a lot about MENA. I'd like to some questions I'd love to hear your thoughts what are your thoughts on SADR.

Nigeria has an ambassador accredited with that country. In light of the NMGP do you think Abuja's Geopolitical calculations would change?

What do you think about AP&SC's G4?

Is there any chance for Morrocco in the ECOWAS?

Would Mauritania ever consider rejoining?

What is ECOWAS' relationship with ECCAS like?

What is Nigeria's interest in the DRC in light of the recent escalation of hostilities?

I'm sorry I have plenty of questions I just feel very fortunate to come across someone that shares the same interests
Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by Regex: 11:13am On Mar 16, 2023
emmaodet:

My brother.
I tire sef
Stupid people

I forget to add,

Why spend such amount on a short trip when you can use it to disappear in that country. They don't ask themselves if I stay their illegally, what next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by pansophist(m): 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2023
mdntiri:

What about visa free travel of ECOWAS people into 'advanced' morocco? Technology transfer from there etc. Wont that be a plus for us?

Technology transfer lol, where does that shit happen? Europe is technologically advanced, are they transferring it to us? Ever heard of IP (intellectual property)?

Free visa would just be the only advantage, but it will not be fully utilized since you can't get there via land, without passing through Algeria and Mauritania, whom other ECOWAS citizens needs a visa for.

For example, Nigerians don't need a visa to go to Barbados, but it's not a typical destinations for Nigerians simply because you can only transit in Europe, and Europe will hardly grant such visa. It's about the means.

Morocco have calculated all these things before applying for ECOWAS membership. If we accepted, they will laugh behind our back calling ECOWAS leaders stupid. And yes, we are stupid if we allow it. They have everything to gain, and we have everything to loose.

Do you know why markets like Aba, Onitsha, Alaba, Ladipo, Eko etc are some of the largest market in West Africa? It's because there are no competition from a more sophisticated market like the ones in Morocco.

Our local markets will disappear overnight, since business people will ship from Morocco to other African countries to sell, which is far more cheaper, better in quality, and easier. Local markets will transition to prison to lock up the newly unemployed people who lost their job and turned to crime.

It's also the same reason why Buhari refused to signed the EU-EPA agreement. It will destroy local business and production. If you think Nigeria is hard, just let an external power who meant business have an unrestricted access to your market, then you will know what suffering is.

So the reason why all the substandard products produced by Nigerian manufacturers still make sales is because there is no external competition. Okay take peak milk as an example.

Nigerians prefer peak milk made in Holland, than the Nigerian one. Simple because the quality is better. Even worse, Netherlands is so tiny, Niger state is bigger than Netherlands almost twice. So if that tiny Netherlands can feesld Nigeria with their milk, now imagine every angle of our economy.

It's an economical suicide. Besides, Nigeria do not have to be in ecowas before we get free visa. I mentioned earlier about four ecowas countries that can go to Morocco without a visa. So why not Nigeria? But I have a better solution.

The more Nigeria gets better, the more other countries wants us to visit and spend our money. Charity begins at home. So let's clean up our mess, then the world will open up to us.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by LordAdam16: 1:17pm On Mar 16, 2023
Subsaharan:

wow! you seem to know a lot about MENA.

My understanding of MENA geopolitics is quite light. I don't find it globally impactful so I only perform perfunctory skimming as opposed to the deep dives I'll conduct for North American, Eurasian, and East/SE Asian geopolitics.

I'd like to some questions I'd love to hear your thoughts what are your thoughts on SADR.

Nigeria has an ambassador accredited with that country. In light of the NMGP do you think Abuja's Geopolitical calculations would change?

I should preface by saying Abuja's foreign policy is dysfunctional and long-term calculations seem to be disappointingly tame and a lot of times unresolved.

The NMGP is a fall back option pushed as a more likely alternative to the Trans Saharan pipeline that should have gone through Niger to Algeria. That was first proposed in the 70s. It's pretty much dead now because of the insurgency.

The NMGP will be more expensive both to construct and to operate (all 11 countries will take a cut in transit fees) and we'll lose flexibility on the SADR question.

On SADR, geopolitical headwinds favor Morocco and I think all Abuja can reasonably hope for is to extract pricey concessions from Rabat. This is deeply unfair to the Sahrawis, but the Western Sahara is economically destitute. I'm hesitant to make a definitive statement on how quickly we make the pivot (if ever) because as I said our geopolitics is dysfunctional.

What do you think about AP&SC's G4?

IMHO, any such grouping that is billed to be a heavyweight in piloting African affairs is a non-starter without Egypt. Of course, we could expand it later to a G6 by adding Egypt and Kenya, but then you'd have to deal with the Algeria conundrum because they shouldn't have a seat at the table.

That's another symptom of our dysfunctional foreign policy because we did not need to give our stamp of approval. Even though we're more aligned with Algeria on most issues than its NA neighbors, it is not a peer. We should have been more circumspect by strengthening bilateral ties instead.

Is there any chance for Morrocco in the ECOWAS?

Yes.

But it requires Nigeria to be a far more formidable power with long-term strategic thinking and a preponderance of MENA, American and European responsibilities than we are willing or able to shoulder in the next two decades.

To put this in persepctive, the Gibraltar crossing that has been on ice since 1979 seems to have been dusted up last month. Sure, a freeze can happen again; but you can imagine the economic benefits of an economic common area with a land bridge to Iberia. Morocco will benefit most, but if we ever have plans of punching above our weight globally, that is as low a hanging fruit as we'll get.

Would Mauritania ever consider rejoining?

Mauritania will be dragged back in whether they like it or not if we resolve the Morocco situation.

That's the whole point of soft power. Mauritania is an economic backwater that can be coerced with a few carrots.

What is ECOWAS' relationship with ECCAS like?

What is Nigeria's interest in the DRC in light of the recent escalation of hostilities?

I deliberately avoid the Central African quandary because it is revolting.

It does appear to me though that ECOWAS is exhausted with the ECCAS and with the recent uptick in instability within the ECOWAS, there's even lower bandwidth for the hellscape that is Central Africa.

Which sucks because Nigeria NEEDS a direct link to the Eastern regional powers. Currently, that only seems feasible through direct, bloody intervention. No one in Abuja has the appetite for that.

The pillar of excellent geopolitics is a dependable economic and sociocultural backbone on the home front. Nigeria is yet to crack it. So we're pretty much limited to "statement geopolitics" where we keep issuing statements and attending summits without any tangible impact. Which makes it personally unrewarding to keep up with the intrigues.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by emmaodet: 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
pansophist:

Technology transfer lol, where does that shit happen? Europe is technologically advanced, are they transferring it to us? Ever heard of IP (intellectual property)?

Free visa would just be the only advantage, but it will not be fully utilized since you can't get there via land, without passing through Algeria and Mauritania, whom other ECOWAS citizens needs a visa for.

For example, Nigerians don't need a visa to go to Barbados, but it's not a typical destinations for Nigerians simply because you can only transit in Europe, and Europe will hardly grant such visa. It's about the means.

Morocco have calculated all these things before applying for ECOWAS membership. If we accepted, they will laugh behind our back calling ECOWAS leaders stupid. And yes, we are stupid if we allow it. They have everything to gain, and we have everything to loose.

Do you know why markets like Aba, Onitsha, Alaba, Ladipo, Eko etc are some of the largest market in West Africa? It's because there are no competition from a more sophisticated market like the ones in Morocco.

Our local markets will disappear overnight, since business people will ship from Morocco to other African countries to sell, which is far more cheaper, better in quality, and easier. Local markets will transition to prison to lock up the newly unemployed people who lost their job and turned to crime.

It's also the same reason why Buhari refused to signed the EU-EPA agreement. It will destroy local business and production. If you think Nigeria is hard, just let an external power who meant business have an unrestricted access to your market, then you will know what suffering is.

So the reason why all the substandard products produced by Nigerian manufacturers still make sales is because there is no external competition. Okay take peak milk as an example.

Nigerians prefer peak milk made in Holland, than the Nigerian one. Simple because the quality is better. Even worse, Netherlands is so tiny, Niger state is bigger than Netherlands almost twice. So if that tiny Netherlands can feesld Nigeria with their milk, now imagine every angle of our economy.

It's an economical suicide. Besides, Nigeria do not have to be in ecowas before we get free visa. I mentioned earlier about four ecowas countries that can go to Morocco without a visa. So why not Nigeria? But I have a better solution.

The more Nigeria gets better, the more other countries wants us to visit and spend our money. Charity begins at home. So let's clean up our mess, then the world will open up to us.

Thank God you now understand my points concerning AFCTA - Africa free trade agreement we entered 2021 when I told you by the time this policy is fully implemented, many jobs will disappear in Nigeria that it is the new shackle they are putting our leaders today to prison our unborn kids.
That AFCTA will merge all African countries economically where by goods and services can move within countries in Africa without any extra tarrifs.
It is tarrifs govt has been using to protect the local companies from foreign competitors and if that is taken out, many local companies will die.
Imagine Toyota citing their factory in Ghana to handle Africa demand, companies like innonson will just did a natural death.
They will produce cheaper, 2_ hrs electricity, cheaper labor and move their cars to other parts of Africa probably by rail which is also in the pipeline.
Rice farmers in Nigeria will abandon farms when t is more expensive than the ones brought from togo, benin and cameroun. Etc

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by pansophist(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2023
emmaodet:

Thank God you now understand my points concerning AFCTA - Africa free trade agreement we entered 2021 when I told you by the time this policy is fully implemented, many jobs will disappear in Nigeria that it is the new shackle they are putting our leaders today to prison our unborn kids.
That AFCTA will merge all African countries economically where by goods and services can move within countries in Africa without any extra tarrifs.
It is tarrifs govt has been using to protect the local companies from foreign competitors and if that is taken out, many local companies will die.
Imagine Toyota citing their factory in Ghana to handle Africa demand, companies like innonson will just did a natural death.
They will produce cheaper, 2_ hrs electricity, cheaper labor and move their cars to other parts of Africa probably by rail which is also in the pipeline.
Rice farmers in Nigeria will abandon farms when t is more expensive than the ones brought from togo, benin and cameroun. Etc

True.

But a smart leader should see that the cake is up for the taking, and sharpen his knife and fork, and grab a larger piece. How long will our manufacturing companies and policies remain mediocre?

If it will take an external power to reset our orientation, then so be it. The cat has been let out of the bag already. Afcta has already being signed by Nigeria. So grade yourself. Compete or die. It's that simple.

I remember about fifteen to twenty years ago, when Chinese phones were so loud, with lots of funny names. Then, these phones were nothing more than a palito radio/mp3 that can receive calls. People laugh at them then.

But the Chinese started roughly, but with plans to go up. Fifteen years later, the US is busy sanctioning Huawei because they have become so good, that they are dragging with the likes of iPhone and Samsung, and eating deep into their market.

Huawei hold the most 5g patent, and has some of the best camera in the mobile industry. Those guys compete to the core, that even the champions of free market and no trade restrictions are imposing sanctions to prevent their monopoly.

Now I use a techno phone even if I have an iPhone 14 pro max. Simple because there is nothing I can do on the iPhone, that I can't do with a techno, except maybe camera, but techno is good in its own way. Imagine millions of techno sold annually in Africa, Samsung and iPhone are angry big time.

And that's exactly how we get better. You don't relax. You put on your shoe, wear your gloves, tie your helmet, and compete to the bone. Grab your spot at the table, and make them respect you, even if they hate you.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by LordAdam16: 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2023
emmaodet:

My brother.
I tire sef
Stupid people

I think that mindset on vacation is limited to the lowborns though.

Per responsibilities, as Nigeria develops, we'll start pushing those responsibilities from relatives to the government. As is the case in the developed world. There will always be deadbeat loafers on the planet.

It is why the idealistic tech titans talk about creating an economy of abundance. So the government can comfortably provide for the deplorables through social schemes while productive people enjoy a utopian lifestyle in secluded living quarters.

Unfortunately, lots of the elite seem to prefer the current economy of scarcity and seem intent on preserving it.

-Lord

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by emmaodet: 2:27pm On Mar 16, 2023
LordAdam16:

It is why the idealistic tech titans talk about creating an economy of abundance. So the government can comfortably provide for the deplorables through social schemes while productive people enjoy a utopian lifestyle in secluded living quarters.

Unfortunately, lots of the elite seem to prefer the current economy of scarcity and seem intent on preserving it.

-Lord

I think that mindset on vacation is limited to the lowborns though. - which atleast 70% of the population are in.

Per responsibilities, as Nigeria develops, we'll start pushing those responsibilities from relatives to the government. - I agree with you but when will nigeria develop nkwanu

As is the case in the developed world. There will always be deadbeat loafers on the planet. - we don't have a choice than to accept this unwanted reality.

- Lord

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Trip To Marrakesh, Morocco (Photos) by emmaodet: 2:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
pansophist:

True.

But a smart leader should see that the cake is up for the taking, and sharpen his knife and fork, and grab a larger piece. How long will our manufacturing companies and policies remain mediocre?

If it will take an external power to reset our orientation, then so be it. The cat has been let out of the bag already. Afcta has already being signed by Nigeria. So grade yourself. Compete or die. It's that simple.

Huawei hold the most 5g patent, and has some of the best camera in the mobile industry. Those guys compete to the core, that even the champions of free market and no trade restrictions are imposing sanctions to prevent their monopoly.

And that's exactly how we get better. You don't relax. You put on your shoe, wear your gloves, tie your helmet, and compete to the bone. Grab your spot at the table, and make them respect you, even if they hate you.

At bolded is not as simple as you think.
If the ground is open and fair, some people will naturally dominate the others due to many factors and that is why LAWS are made to protect the weak from the strong over-running them.
Laws like gender equality at place of work to protect the weak (women) from getting jobs else stronger males will over-run them.
Cabotage laws were made in US, Canada and Nigeria as a case study to protect the local workers from being over-run my better foreign experts.
Local content Law was made to protect the interest and flourish local ship owners against fierce and better foreign shipowners and investors.
There are many ways laws are twerked to protect local economy and manufacturers.
A country that throws it's border open wide does not have the interest of it's people at heart.

China is just 1 case of a country that was lucky to grow above this shackles, many countries didn't survive it.
Poland, Croatia and many EU countries didn't survive it. Their jobs, companies etc were exported to more fierce fighters like UK, Germany and France while most of their youths were forced to leave their homelands by train to go look for jobs in these stronger countries.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Speeding Car Rams Into Billboard In Lagos, Catches Fire (photos) / FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules / Luggage Above N50,000 Attract Duties - Customs Reminds Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.