Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,736 members, 7,813,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets (3350 Views)

Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects / Tinubu Should Bring The Likes Of Owen Omogiafo Into His Government - Ikirodah / Five Southwest States Owe Pensioners N330b, Says Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by steeltrust: 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2023
searchng4love:

Lolol ijesha ijebu Ibadan and egba must be jokers to you in business acumen...
show one prominent person in business from those places
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Obaaderemi2: 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2023
steeltrust:
how many families do you have that’s like the tinubus and I’ll show you hundreds of Igbos who re like innosson

No be because of politics de cover your heart

If you don’t want them and scared they will take over your land
Then grant them biafra let them live

Shalom
Innoson? Then I'll give you hundreds of Yorubas who are like Ade Ogundeyin, the owner of Proforce.
Igbos don't measure up to Yorubas in terms of entrepreneurship. Because your people do business the crude way in 2 by 2 containers littered all over the place doesn't mean you do it more than others, especially the yorubas. Name one clothing brand by an ibo person that can rival ruff'n'tumble owned by Nike Ogunlesi, an Ijebu woman.

2 Likes

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by searchng4love: 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Innoson? Then I'll give you hundreds of Yorubas who are like Ade Ogundeyin, the owner of Proforce.
Igbos don't measure up to Yorubas in terms of entrepreneurship. Because your people do business the crude way in 2 by 2 containers littered all over the place doesn't mean you do it more than others, especially the yorubas. Name one clothing brand by an ibo person that can rival ruff'n'tumble owned by Nike Ogunlesi, an Ijebu woman.

While Igbo sell fake drugs.... Julius Adeniyi owns the illustrious Juli pharmacy
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by steeltrust: 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
I just know you will call me Igbo because I’m not inline with your tribal hate

Oga take it or you live it
Every tribe is unique in Nigeria and for entrepreneurs live am for Igbos
Few Yorubas are into entrepreneurs doesn’t make them match Igbos in term of entrepreneurship

I won’t reply you on this issue again
Bye 👋

1 Like

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by vanunu: 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
searchng4love:
85% of Yoruba markets must indeed return to the indigenous people of the region. Enough is enough of handouts but time for effective and efficient take over of our economic assets.... Yoruba nation must wake up within the comity of nations in the Nigerian State.

Yorubas have lost out in trading in Nigeria, that is what they got for one Nigeria.
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by searchng4love: 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2023
vanunu:

Yorubas have lost out in trading in Nigeria, that is what they got for one Nigeria.
Lolol 😅
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by kayusely70(m): 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
searchng4love:
It is time to prioritize the well being of the Yoruba citizens.. and protect the economy of the indigenous Yoruba people. By creating viable environment for the Yoruba man and woman to trade effectively and not allow our markets to be taken over by foreigners who are non indigenous people to the southwest... Across divides Britain, Germany and the United States have programs to protect the economic rights of indigenous peoples.... Southwest States should immediately commence such protectionism in all our markets.

While we thank the SW governments for the DAWN Commission that birthed the Western Security Network aka Amotekun... It is time we take matters of our economic prosperity and development serious by having protectionism for our indigenous Yoruba people who must take possession of over 80% of our markets including shopping malls... This is very important and a standard global economic practice worldwide EU countries have these, South Africa countries have these, UK has these even within the different conglomerates that form the UK.
Yes ooo! You've spoken very well and reasonably too brother!

2 Likes

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by ebufa: 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2023
Millimann:
Let them build new markets and give out the shops ONLY to "indigenes" and see if they can flourish like Alaba market, Trade Fair or Computer village.
You think say business na by online noisemaking?

Even if you remove the "foreigners" from the Alaba and Trade Fair and replace them with the "indigenes" the markets will fold up before you know it.

Abuja, Benin, Warri and other cities have markets and businesses dominated by settlers and you don't see the indigenes exhibit this kind of envy and jealousy, but this is common in Lagos.

Lazy asses!

It is not about laziness, its about the desire to ride rough shod over Ndigbo in Lagos..........the reality is that there are many markets in Lagos that are dominated by Yoruba people! Yorubas trade as much as Ndigbo maybe not as well.....but they trade nonetheless!
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by menstrualpad: 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2023
ebufa:

It is not about laziness, its about the desire to ride rough shod over Ndigbo in Lagos..........the reality is that there are many markets in Lagos that are dominated by Yoruba people! Yorubas trade as much as Ndigbo maybe not as well.....but they trade nonetheless!
Not well enough.... There are too many foreigners in Alaba Int'l market and the Tradefair market as well as the Ladipo parts market
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Conner44: 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2023
searchng4love:

We built Alaba, we built Trade fair now it's time they have not less than 85% indigenous people ownership across southwestern States.

Who and who did you say built trade fair? shocked

Tunde it’s okay you can also reply me with either your menstrualpad moniker and I will engage you wink
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by menstrualpad: 9:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
Conner44:

Who and who did you say built trade fair? shocked

Tunde it’s okay you can also reply me with either your menstrualpad moniker and I will engage you wink

Kanu forming familiarity
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by ludd2018: 9:56pm On Mar 16, 2023
I thought we are one Nigeria? Igbos never took any market . It is a gift from God that Igbos are genius in business. Giving the indigenes market is not the issue, the issue is can Yorubas do business like the Igbos, can they compete ?

My position is the Nigeria must divide . We cannot co exist peacefully.

Talking about indigenous in Lagos indicates that Nigeria is not one and we disintegrate Nigeria.
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Ogbuefi2020: 10:35pm On Mar 16, 2023
searchng4love:

While Igbo sell fake drugs.... Julius Adeniyi owns the illustrious Juli pharmacy
Emzor, juhel, orange drugs, Niemeth. Nero's, etc are all Igbo owned. Igbos are well represented in pharmaceutical if not actually leading
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by menstrualpad: 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

Emzor, juhel, orange drugs, Niemeth. Nero's, etc are all Igbo owned. Igbos are well represented in pharmaceutical if not actually leading
Especially fake drugs

1 Like

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Obaaderemi2: 2:09am On Mar 17, 2023
menstrualpad:
Especially fake drugs
grin
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Obaaderemi2: 2:11am On Mar 17, 2023
vanunu:

Maybe you are talking about local street trading.
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Obaaderemi2: 2:11am On Mar 17, 2023
searchng4love:

grin
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Obaaderemi2: 2:14am On Mar 17, 2023
steeltrust:
I just know you will call me Igbo because I’m not inline with your tribal
You don't know what you are talking about. Show me where I called you ibo. I gave you facts that ibos are not more entrepreneurial than Yorubas and you got emotional. grin
Unless you want to talk about ordinary 2 by 2 crude trading. The biggest businessmen in Nigeria are yorubas if you remove Dangote. Who cares wether you reply or not as far as we don't allow you to misinform the young ones here.

2 Likes

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Poanan: 2:29am On Mar 17, 2023
searchng4love:
85% of Yoruba markets must indeed return to the indigenous people of the region. Enough is enough of handouts but time for effective and efficient take over of our economic assets.... Yoruba nation must wake up within the comity of nations in the Nigerian State.

These shops were sold them? is it their fault? Tinubu is there now, he should try and change the constitution to that of a regional govt first, then you can start putting this in place if that is your priority.

Some yorubas sold houses with the parents grave to the Ibos and come back to complain. Where you not paid? If there was no seller will there be any buyer?

The houses sanwo olu destroyed in lekki were they shanties? he did this in the midst of covid 19 and gave them 7days to leave. They mashed they came with many mopol and smahed the phones of those who tried to capture it. They told those who inhabited the place that it was for public interest. They didnt construct any road there but gave the land out. This sanwo olu. Who did he give the land to? The likes of gratias, Kenneth Okonkwo company, Emoney, Cubana chief priest. If you cant hold the leaders responsible for this dont complain cos the Ibos in the real sense paid for it.
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by optionalY09: 2:47am On Mar 17, 2023
searchng4love:
It is time to prioritize the well being of the Yoruba citizens.. and protect the economy of the indigenous Yoruba people. By creating viable environment for the Yoruba man and woman to trade effectively and not allow our markets to be taken over by foreigners who are non indigenous people to the southwest... Across divides Britain, Germany and the United States have programs to protect the economic rights of indigenous peoples.... Southwest States should immediately commence such protectionism in all our markets.

While we thank the SW governments for the DAWN Commission that birthed the Western Security Network aka Amotekun... It is time we take matters of our economic prosperity and development serious by having protectionism for our indigenous Yoruba people who must take possession of over 80% of our markets including shopping malls... This is very important and a standard global economic practice worldwide EU countries have these, South Africa countries have these, UK has these even within the different conglomerates that form the UK.

If Sanwo Olu can reach out to me and give me an office in Lagos i will organize how many young Yoruba would be fully employed and respected in their respective communities and our communities be back under our full control without any form of aggression. Trust me i can do it. I had worked with the Montgomery County and i learned alot of things working as administrative assistance, programme coordinator and project manager.
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by sixtuso(m): 4:58am On Mar 17, 2023
Poverty is really a disease, see how some of you are thinking. Taking over someone business with mouth. You think say business is that eazy. Lazy man don't want to hustle, he prefers taking over someone business that is already established. Those Yoruba that does business with Igbo don't have time for all this you people poor mentality because they know it's poverty that is talking through you people. Lazy man Go and hustle stop thinking of what you can take over from someone that is working hard for the betterment of his or her family. Or face your agbero business.

1 Like

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by steeltrust: 9:27am On Mar 17, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
You don't know what you are talking about. Show me where I called you ibo. I gave you facts that ibos are not more entrepreneurial than Yorubas and you got emotional. grin
Unless you want to talk about ordinary 2 by 2 crude trading. The biggest businessmen in Nigeria are yorubas if you remove Dangote. Who cares wether you reply or not as far as we don't allow you to misinform the young ones here.
if any one is miss informing people it your likes

Hausa
Yoruba and Igbos
Are unique in Nigeria

And I’ve stated them previously
Argue from now till next year to massage your ego it won’t change anything

Igbos re the real entrepreneurs
Yoruba are the educated professionals
While Hausa are the game players in politics

Shalom
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Obaaderemi2: 11:10am On Mar 17, 2023
steeltrust:
if any one is miss informing people it your likes

Hausa
Yoruba and Igbos
Are unique in Nigeria

And I’ve stated them previously
Argue from now till next year to massage your ego it won’t change anything

Igbos re the real entrepreneurs
Yoruba are the educated professionals
While Hausa are the game players in politics

Shalom
I thought you said you wouldn't say pim again. grin
You are arguing like an illiterate. Argue with facts, man.

Are you saying we don't have many ibos who are educated professionals? Do you know that hausas are mainly traders? All the meat, beans, onions, veggies and groundnut you eat, who sells them? Because ibos make noise about their spare parts and underwear businesses doesn't make them bigger entrepreneurs than the other ones. Each of the major tribes focus on different aspects of entreprenueship. The biggest bookshop chain in Nigeria is the Bookseller with headquarters in Ibadan. There's a major market in Ibadan dedicated to bookselling. You will see serious hustling there, just books.

There's no foodstuff market anywhere in igboland bigger than bodija foodstuff market in Ibadan. All the people selling there, are they not entrepreneurs? Don't judge things through Alaba and ladipo markets and then say ibos are the real entrepreneurs.

2 Likes

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by steeltrust: 11:23am On Mar 17, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
I thought you said you wouldn't say pim again. grin
You are arguing like an illiterate. Argue with facts, man.

Are you saying we don't have many ibos who are educated professionals? Do you know that hausas are mainly traders? All the meat, beans, onions, veggies and groundnut you eat, who sells them? Because ibos make noise about their spare parts and underwear businesses doesn't make them bigger entrepreneurs than the other ones. Each of the major tribes focus on different aspects of entreprenueship. The biggest bookshop chain in Nigeria is the Bookseller with headquarters in Ibadan. There's a major market in Ibadan dedicated to bookselling. You will see serious hustling there, just books.

There's no foodstuff market anywhere in igboland bigger than bodija foodstuff market in Ibadan. All the people selling there, are they not entrepreneurs? Don't judge things through Alaba and ladipo markets and then say ibos are the real entrepreneurs.
it obvious you’re the illiterate here or perhaps I will say you’re an educated illiterate
Who doesn’t know even if Yoruba a professionals means they won’t have entrepreneurs or if Igbos are entrepreneurial in natures means they don’t have famers like weird the Hausa/Fulanis

Like I said every tribe in Nigeria has it uniqueness and what they are known for

Why am even arguing when you’re beclouded with tribal sentiment

Sorry for replying
I won’t any more
Massage your ego all you want
It is what it is

Shalom
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Obaaderemi2: 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2023
steeltrust:
it obvious you’re the illiterate here or perhaps I will say you’re an educated illiterate
Who doesn’t know even if Yoruba a professionals means they won’t have entrepreneurs or if Igbos are entrepreneurial in natures means they don’t have famers like weird the Hausa/Fulanis

Like I said every tribe in Nigeria has it uniqueness and what they are known for

Why am even arguing when you’re beclouded with tribal sentiment

Sorry for replying
I won’t any more
Massage your ego all you want
It is what it is

Shalom
You are obviously typing in anger. So many errors I could barely understand you.
Each of Nigeria's major tribe is unique in their different ways but in terms of entreprenueship, one isn't higher than the other. They just focus on different aspects. Enjoy your day.

2 Likes

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by ebufa: 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2023
menstrualpad:

Not well enough.... There are too many foreigners in Alaba Int'l market and the Tradefair market as well as the Ladipo parts market

Those markets were largely promoted by Ndigbo,thats not to say Yorubas are not there!
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by searchng4love: 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
Still on the matter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Sponsored Lie Against Tinubu Has Been Busted Again / Karma At Work: Those That Supported Tinubu Are The Worst Hit! / Akpabio And Ali Ndume Insult And Scream At Each Other Over Akpabio's Conduct As

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.