Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets (3355 Views)

Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects / Tinubu Should Bring The Likes Of Owen Omogiafo Into His Government - Ikirodah / Five Southwest States Owe Pensioners N330b, Says Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by HenryWilliams(m): 10:36am On Mar 16, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
This election really left me disappointed. What exactly is this crime the Igbos committed that warrants all these? Don't tell me they disrespected because that's bullshit. What exactly is their crime?

I know Igbos can be egocentric because it is sort of a cultural thing and many of whom are yet to break free of it are still enmeshed in it. But this still does not warrant the level of hatred I've seen these past few days.

What exactly is the problem?

The problem comes from not knowing your place .
We are all forced to be in One Nigeria.. that doesn't mean we don't know our space in this geographical concept.
If you come to my land and graciously received , you're allowed to do your business, buy land and build houses. Yes you bought all those with your money,No one gave u for free. It's not enough reason to start chanting you developed Lagos cos you built houses or run a market .
Hiausa have markets in Lagos as well,
They also dominate certain areas in Lagos
Same with the ijaw people and many other tribes. They all know their place and function in Lagos State and don't abrogate any rights upon themselves
Why is it that only the igbos that go about trying to rub shoulders with the owners of the land?
Federal Constitution doesn't remove Yoruba from ownership of SW, igbos are free to migrate , do your business build your houses and raise your family in SW.. just don't equate yourself with your hosts.
Leave the politics to them.
Face your markets
Know your place in Lagos l.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by searchng4love: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
This is highly disrespectful. Can't you communicate without insulting them? Why do you think it is wise too to provoke someone you share mutual hate with? Why are you provoking them?
We love the provocation. It will be replied appropriately
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by searchng4love: 10:48am On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Why should I travel there with people like Ekpa and Kanu in charge. Thank you, I'll pass. grin
Bwahahaha
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Cholls(m): 10:48am On Mar 16, 2023
searchng4love:
Starting with the King's markets the iyalojas and babalojas need to be up and doing.... Local governments must provide soft loans and credit facilities strictly for indigenous Yoruba people to operate.

Our graduates must be empowered to take over all imports and exports to the southwest region and Nigeria as a whole. We have the ports
my brother well said.

Igbo: A Clear and Present Danger in Yorubaland.
Book by Adeyinka Shoyemi

1 Like

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by steeltrust: 10:59am On Mar 16, 2023
You people should stop wasting your time

A natural Yoruba man is not an entrepreneur

This gift is only for the Igbos
Make ona no de force Watin ona no fit do

The three major tribes in Nigeria has their gift and it speaking well for them

For the Hausas/Fulani
politics is their A game You can’t beat them when it come to politics They will always be number one as long as Nigeria remain one

For the Yoruba
they good in managerial rolls
Like big CEOs, managers, educated professionals, literate and wealth management

For the Igbos
live the entrepreneur for them
They are the big traders
They they are the big industrialist
No matter what you do you can’t beat them to it, That why you find them in every markets all around Nigeria.

Yoruba stop starting a fight you can’t finish
This is the 20th century not 19th century

If you’re afraid and tired of the Igbos
Let them live by granting them the Biafra

In between I’m Yoruba before you call me names

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by searchng4love: 10:59am On Mar 16, 2023
Cholls:
my brother well said.

Igbo: A Clear and Present Danger in Yorubaland.
Book by Adeyinka Shoyemi
Thanks I'll seek it out
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by searchng4love: 11:00am On Mar 16, 2023
steeltrust:

For the Hausas/Fulani
politics is their A game You can’t beat them when it come to politics They will always be number one as long as Nigeria remain one

For the Yoruba

For the Igbos
They are the big traders
No matter what you do you can’t beat them to it, That why you find them in every markets all around Nigeria.

Shalom
Lolol ijesha ijebu Ibadan and egba must be jokers to you in business acumen...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Obaaderemi2: 11:13am On Mar 16, 2023
steeltrust:

For the Hausas/Fulani

For the Yoruba

For the Igbos
They are the big traders

Shalom
You are incorrect. What about big traders from ijebu, have you read of the odutolas, the tinubus, etc who were in big businesses even before the Ibos?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Ogbuefi2020: 11:18am On Mar 16, 2023
ElSudani:

Every state in Yorubaland is important. Bring your money, we will take it. Leave Iboland desolate your headache.
No brother, we come there, make money, send home to fill our towns with mansions while your town is decaying with brown roofs

1 Like

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by sharpsecret: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2023
searchng4love:
85% of Yoruba markets must indeed return to the indigenous people of the region. Enough is enough of handouts but time for effective and efficient take over of our economic assets.... Yoruba nation must wake up within the comity of nations in the Nigerian State.
na only agbo and ogogoro Yoruba Sabi sell

1 Like

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Ogbuefi2020: 11:21am On Mar 16, 2023
ElSudani:

With mouth? Energetic worker for the benefit of my people. Why should I be mad at you. Keep working hard and keep paying your taxes. Just stay away from Alausa.
Yes, we pay and settle your elites, they give us more opportunity to prosper while poverty deal with you, and you will be decieving yourself with Alausa. I thought you brought Buhari to suppress igbos? Even thiefnubuu presidency will impoverish yorubas more and force to sell more properties to Igbos

1 Like

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by ProblemChild1: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
sharpsecret:
na only agbo and ogogoro Yoruba Sabi sell
I swear grin grin grin
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by christistruth01: 1:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
ElSudani:

Nonsense, one or two wal mart sized retailers will render 90% of you bankrupt. If fact, you will be forced to choose between getting a job or returning to wherever you came from.

What if they are required to make sure that at least 70% of their Employees and shareholders are State Indigenes ?
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Johnjustice: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
Oddfinder012:

You're despicable in ur ignorance.
Truth bites.
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Alusiizizi(m): 2:21pm On Mar 16, 2023
CBR100:

there is no dominant stop deceiving yourself

Really? Sure looks like domination to me, especially considering that Igbo people are a definite minority in every single one of these Yoruba states.

CBR100:

it just specialization in used goods (clothing and electronic)...then car spare part dat is all

You are definitely wrong in this. Open your eyes and look around, notice that apart from selling pepper and garri in the market the Igbos dominate in virtually all economic endeavors.

CBR100:

and Yoruba patronize u ppl because we generally believe unna goods dey cheaper (with current economic situation in nigeria go ask your ppl)

Precisely my point regarding Shop-Rite, Jumia, Walmart and such. There is no way that those huge enterprises, who have to spend untold millions just to keep their structure from collapsing can compete with that stand-alone Igbo merchant.

CBR100:

Yoruba have started venturing into some business previously allocated for the Igbo same with Hausa (though some Igbo are also stepping up their game using their decades long experience)
Actually you are correct in this but you left something out, Yoruba have indeed started venturing into some of those businesses with the help of Igbo businessmen. I cannot count how many times that I have seen a Yoruba boy serving as apprentice at an Igbo mans office, a position that used to be reserved not only for Igbo boys but boys that are related to the man. Indeed most of these Yoruba that you refere to have gainful connection/history with Igbo men, so you see, my point still stands, the only solution is for both tribes to co-operate for mutual benefit.

1 Like

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by unto(m): 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
searchng4love:
85% of Yoruba markets must indeed return to the indigenous people of the region. Enough is enough of handouts but time for effective and efficient take over of our economic assets.... Yoruba nation must wake up within the comity of nations in the Nigerian State.
. With the hatred in Nigeria, Nigeria need to divide

1 Like

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Alusiizizi(m): 2:27pm On Mar 16, 2023
Tinububalls:

He can't answer, but I will help him.
Laziness is the answer. They sit their uncleaned stretched-mark asses all day thinking of foreigners goods/ properties to covet.

Well I suppose a bit of inertia could explain a part of it but there probably a bit more to it. Hopefully they can be inspired to be a bit more driven as jealousy/self-pity never served anyone any good.
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Ogbuefi2020: 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2023
HenryWilliams:

The problem comes from not knowing your place .
We are all forced to be in One Nigeria.. that doesn't mean we don't know our space in this geographical concept.
If you come to my land and graciously received , you're allowed to do your business, buy land and build houses. Yes you bought all those with your money,No one gave u for free. It's not enough reason to start chanting you developed Lagos cos you built houses or run a market .
Hiausa have markets in Lagos as well,
They also dominate certain areas in Lagos
Same with the ijaw people and many other tribes. They all know their place and function in Lagos State and don't abrogate any rights upon themselves
Why is it that only the igbos that go about trying to rub shoulders with the owners of the land?
Federal Constitution doesn't remove Yoruba from ownership of SW, igbos are free to migrate , do your business build your houses and raise your family in SW.. just don't equate yourself with your hosts.
Leave the politics to them.
Face your markets
Know your place in Lagos l.
Cry cry babies
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Ogbuefi2020: 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Why should I travel there with people like Ekpa and Kanu in charge. Thank you, I'll pass. grin
Igbos full Maiduguri making it big. Cowards have no excuse

2 Likes

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Obaaderemi2: 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Obaaderemi2: 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2023
Ogbuefi2020:

Igbos full Maiduguri making it big. Cowards have no excuse
Because the East is not as productive as the West. Fact is you need the West and the yorubas don'tn't need the East. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by CBR100: 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Really? Sure looks like domination to me, especially considering that Igbo people are a definite minority in every single one of these Yoruba states.

You are definitely wrong in this. Open your eyes and look around, notice that apart from selling pepper and garri in the market the Igbos dominate in virtually all economic endeavors.

Precisely my point regarding Shop-Rite, Jumia, Walmart and such. There is no way that those huge enterprises, who have to spend untold millions just to keep their structure from collapsing can compete with that stand-alone Igbo merchant.

Actually you are correct in this but you left something out, Yoruba have indeed started venturing into some of those businesses with the help of Igbo businessmen. I cannot count how many times that I have seen a Yoruba boy serving as apprentice at an Igbo mans office, a position that used to be reserved not only for Igbo boys but boys that are related to the man. Indeed most of these Yoruba that you refere to have gainful connection/history with Igbo men, so you see, my point still stands, the only solution is for both tribes to co-operate for mutual benefit.

I laugh,
for your mind now everything about southwest revolves round the igbo
u don't know anything, Igbo business all in all, is still in the minority

even same with the Hausa
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by Alusiizizi(m): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2023
CBR100:

I laugh,
for your mind now everything about southwest revolves round the igbo
u don't know anything, Igbo business all in all, is still in the minority

even same with the Hausa

You're still not getting my point.
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by nisai: 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
😂😂😂😂Na free Visa oo

2 Likes

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by emmaodet: 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2023
Acidosis:

There is poverty in the South East and, indeed many parts of Nigeria, because people like you refuse to travel to the South East to make the economy better.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

What a great point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by emmaodet: 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2023
Acidosis:

There is poverty in the South East and, indeed many parts of Nigeria, because people like you refuse to travel to the South East to make the economy better.

But one thing I noticed is that, of all trainings and teachings, Commerce seems the hardest to learn.
Medicine, teaching, farming etc seems easier than commerce (buying and selling)
Only a handful of people or tribes have taken that bold step to painfully learn and master it - Chinese, indians, Pakistanis, lebanis, Igbos, Jews, hausas too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by searchng4love: 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
unto:
. With the hatred in Nigeria, Nigeria need to divide
Igbos can leave. But not with an inch of Nigerian land
Re: Southwest States Should Bring Back Indigenous People To Our Markets by steeltrust: 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
You are incorrect. What about big traders from ijebu, have you read of the odutolas, the tinubus, etc who were in big businesses even before the Ibos?
how many families do you have that’s like the tinubus and I’ll show you hundreds of Igbos who re like innosson

No be because of politics de cover your heart

If you don’t want them and scared they will take over your land
Then grant them biafra let them live

Shalom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obi Sponsored Lie Against Tinubu Has Been Busted Again / Yoruba In Abia Appoint Monarch / 2011: Pdp Plans 10-man Panel To Screen Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.