Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:03 AM

God Is A Tester Not A Tempter - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is A Tester Not A Tempter (4992 Views)

The Tempter Wants To Make Vain Your Labor / Blame Self Not The Tempter / God Is Hungry And Dying Because We Are Starving Him Of Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 9:56am On Mar 29, 2023
Gd
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:58am On Mar 30, 2023
Gd.....
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:10am On Mar 31, 2023
GD
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 12:24pm On Apr 01, 2023
Good morning.
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 6:09am On Apr 02, 2023
HAPPY SUNDAY
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 7:47am On Apr 03, 2023
Good morning....
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:29am On Apr 04, 2023
Gd
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 7:25am On Apr 05, 2023
Good morning...
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 11:24am On Apr 06, 2023
Good morning....
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2023
what a wonderful day?
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:02am On Apr 08, 2023
Happy weekend
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
Happy Easter sunday
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by delkuf(m): 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
AntiChristian:

This is not the questions I asked!
Or does holy spirit guide people to answer questions with another question?
what is your problem with the holy spirit you spirit of the devil
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:58am On Apr 10, 2023
Happy holiday
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2023
Gd
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 6:28am On Apr 12, 2023
What a great day it is!!!!!!
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2023
Zoom
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 9:05am On Apr 14, 2023
G.M
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2023
Happy weekend.
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2023
Happy sunday
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2023
Happy sunday.....
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 7:28am On Apr 17, 2023
g.m......
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 9:12am On Apr 18, 2023
GOOD GOD
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 7:36am On Apr 19, 2023
GOOD GOD/
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by hashtagged(m): 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2023
Corrections:
Many Christians do not know when to use the word ''Tempt'' and Test'' when relating them with God in their statement. In this article, we will explore the idea that God is not a tempter but a tester, with support from Bible verses.

Firstly, let us define the difference between temptation and testing. Temptation is an enticement or desire to do something that is morally or ethically wrong. Testing, on the other hand, is an examination or trial to evaluate one's abilities, character, or faithfulness.

James 1:13-14
states, "Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire."

This verse clearly states that God does not tempt anyone with evil. Instead, temptation comes from within us, as we are enticed by our own desires. Therefore, we cannot blame God for the temptations we face.

In Matthew 4:1, it is written, "Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil." Here, we see that Jesus was not tempted by God but instead led by the Holy Spirit to be tested by the devil. This testing was necessary for Jesus to show his obedience and faithfulness to God.

Similarly, in the story of Job, we see that God allowed Satan to test Job's faith. Job 1:12 states, "And the Lord said to Satan, 'Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.' So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord."

Although God allowed Job to be tested, it was not a temptation. God did not entice Job to sin, but instead allowed Satan to test Job's faith and trust in Him. Job's faithfulness to God was ultimately proven in his response to his suffering, as he declared, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord" (Job 1:21).

In conclusion, the Bible clearly states that God is not a tempter but a tester. Just like the way engineers always put their approved machines to test so that the machines can get to work and be useful, so also God allows us to face trials and testing to refine our character and strengthen our faith, but He never tempts us to sin. It is up to us to resist temptation and remain faithful to God, as James 1:12 reminds us, "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."

HOW TO CONNECT WITH GOD

ACCEPT, BELIEVE AND FOLLOW JESUS.

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

John14:1
Let not your heart be troubled. You are trust in God now trust in me ( JESUS ).

John15:23
Anyone that is hating me ( JESUS )
is hating the father (GOD)

Colossian 2: 10
So you have everything when you have Christ and you are filled with GOD through your union with CHRIST. He is the highest RULER, with authority over every other power.

Life hasn't hit you yet, when you are at your lowest point, no sign of help or a miracle. You pray everyday for god's miracle but wake up to the same pain and suffering. You are slowly dying inside and the only reason you keep on living is the fear that if you end it you would go to hell and suffer much worse. Then I hope you can still have faith
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:12am On Apr 20, 2023
GOOD DAY
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:23am On Apr 21, 2023
Happy holiday.
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 7:09am On Apr 22, 2023
Good
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 3:54am On Apr 24, 2023
Good day
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 9:22am On Apr 25, 2023
Wonderful day
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 9:07am On Apr 26, 2023
Good day
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 5:15am On Apr 29, 2023
Happy weekend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? / COZA Church Members Throng Dubai For Pastor's Birthday / Tim Godfrey – So Good | Audio Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.