Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. (7738 Views)

In 2019 I Was A Good Man. My Offense Today Is That I Want To Be President. Obi / Ekweremadu: Majority Of People From Southeast Lack Emphaty - Reno Omokry / Abaribe: Sit-At Home Has Chased Businessmen Away From Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by emmybobo1: 8:08am On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Lagos is a market, but you can make money from the market and take it home and build your own market by bit.
You must not buy multimillion naira properties in the market.
Person wey go market go still go home. Be wise

Do you like all the nonsense that happened today to keep happening?
You have said the truth. I have tried to convince my brother to stop the house he’s building somewhere in KETU. I asked him to sell the land and build in the east. But he refused

1 Like

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Buikechukwu35(m): 8:09am On Mar 19, 2023
Ikpaitid:
No need to advise refugees because IPOB refugees have no where else to go. They're all running away from the South East but one day they will be running back empty handed like they did in 1967, history always repeats itself.
IPOB pigs have no sense in their fflattheads,if they do they would go home ,develop their dirty zone and live there.
afonja the drums of war you're beating can you dance to it? You never recover ilorin from fulani you wan open another fort at lagos,

1 Like

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Gerrard59(m): 8:09am On Mar 19, 2023
Tflex01:

Now the question is why are Igbos creating problem for themselves where they are already too comfortable??

So choosing to vote for GRV - a Yoruba man - is creating problem?

1 Like

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Gerrard59(m): 8:12am On Mar 19, 2023
sunray:

Unnecessary emotions and feelings. Nobody will allow visitors to take over his father's land. Nigeria is not UK or USA.
Let the Igbos focus more on bad government in SE and stop running down other regions where they are making their wealth. Most importantly, Labour Party politics of religion is the greatest undoing for the Igbos. It is a wrong strategy that cannot fly in this country

But APC fielding two Muslims in a 50-50 Muslim-Christian country is the best strategy?

Free education is not good o.

1 Like

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Ikpaitid: 8:14am On Mar 19, 2023
Buikechukwu35:
afonja the drums of war you're beating can you dance to it? You never recover ilorin from fulani you wan open another fort at lagos,
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Ikpaitid: 8:16am On Mar 19, 2023
Last time there was war we kpai 5 million IPOB pigs,next time we will use 20 million IPOB goats for pepper soup. It's happening again, I can't wait.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Gerrard59(m): 8:17am On Mar 19, 2023
Aldol:

This is why you need to change your ways. You should know there is something you guys are doing wrong. You are hated in Ghana,South Africa, India, Italy , Dubai etc You are even hated in your place but you decide to misbehave to the southwest that accommodated you, nurtured you, fed you till you grew wings to say Lagos is a nomansland,

you even threaten to displace Oba of Lagos once you capture Lagos. Who does that?. You took the yoruba simple nature for granted. Now yoruba are tired and want to teach you small lesson you are now playing the victim as usual after looking for trouble.

Shebi you say we are too tribalistic even when we are not to you , now you will see the real meaning of tribalism, we don't care whatever you call us anymore, we are now proud of those names you call us with our full chest. You have beaten more than you can chew

Another bare-faced lie! You lots lie too much!!

The Oba of Lagos openly threatened to drown Igbos in the lagoon for preferring to vote Agbaje - a Yoruba man. In 2023, they are threatened with machetes and sticks because they want to vote GRV - another Yoruba man. During Covid, Yoruba youths ransacked his palace, not Igbos.

For crying out loud, don't you have a conscience?
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by nonhuman(m): 8:17am On Mar 19, 2023
Tflex01:

Now the question is why are Igbos creating problem for themselves where they are already too comfortable??
how did Igbo man look for your trouble Olodo, or you think they don't have to participate in elections or what, are you crazy
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by nonhuman(m): 8:19am On Mar 19, 2023
Validated:

Very stupid advice ... you build N200 million home in your village, noone lives there or you build same N200 million home in Lagos, you live there, you rent 5 apartments and earn N10m a year. After 10 years , you can still sell it , build another newer. Meanwhile op can use his village home 10 times.

Guys, build house where you live. Build a small place in your village for lizard and Christmas only.
who is talking about building empty house, talking about business
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Gerrard59(m): 8:20am On Mar 19, 2023
kingthreat:

The only reason Yorubas are being hostile is because Igbos intentionally want to determine the politics of Lagos.
Do your business. Run your enterprise, live and enjoy the government benefits. Stop trying to change the politics of a region to indirectly control the state.
If it was that Igbos are split between APC and other parties, the better. But 97% of Igbos hate APC leaders and Bola Ahmed Tinubu. And believe that it is their right as Lagosians to remove his powerhold in Lagos.
If Tinubu's power in Lagos will wane, let it not be from non-Yorubas. Let it be determined by Yorubas. The Igbos overstepping the boundaries in the SW is exactly what they were doing in the North that led to the pogrom killings. How dare you kill the Sardauna of Sokoto?
They will never learn.

In that case, why not advocate for the division of Nigeria, huh? Why should Nigerians living elsewhere be deprived of voting, especially where they pay taxes?

As for the red aspect, none of the contestants in the Lagos election is Igbo. Is there any who is Igbo?

1 Like

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Gerrard59(m): 8:24am On Mar 19, 2023
DenreleDave:

We have told igbos several times, they are welcome to do business...

But one thing we don't want is; insulting us, our Kings and wanting to possess us.. We will never allow that..

We want them to go and repair their damaged South east

No one is trying to possess your property. It was purchased, most times, with the highest amount, even way more than the market value. Regarding your kings, it was the Oba of Lagos who threatened to drown people in the lagoon because they preferred to vote another Yoruba man to govern a Yoruba state.

Stop lying childishly.

2 Likes

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Gerrard59(m): 8:29am On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Stop Investing massively in Lagos. You can see why from today's elections.

Take your investments home, people will always come there to patronize you.

Lagos is now hostile to you guys, the evidence is bold and glaring for everyone to see. The earlier you start thinking home, the better.

Your investment will always be save at home. Stop buying multimillion naira properties in Lagos. Make your money there, rent apartment or build something small, then move them to the east in droves. Don't be stupid, be wise.

Cheers guys

The investments should be minimised. The cash should be saved in foreign banks. Richer ones should start buying citizenships in other countries. They should diversify beyond Nigeria. Yes, Nigeria has the biggest market (by sheer numbers) in Africa, but don't invest in the market as a Nigerian headquartered business. You do so as an Ivorian or Ghanaian or American enterprise, as your wealth can handle. Lessons should be learnt from what happened to Russian billionaires who had investments in the west. The same would happen to Chinese businesses when the time comes.

Stubborn ones would disagree, but when the time comes, Nigeria would teach them a lesson.

1 Like

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Gerrard59(m): 8:32am On Mar 19, 2023
emmybobo1:

You have said the truth. I have tried to convince my brother to stop the house he’s building somewhere in KETU. I asked him to sell the land and build in the east. But he refused

Building to live or rent? To live is very stoopid, but to rent, you register as a non-Nigerian entity and if possible, appoint a non-Nigerian to be the placeholder. The market in the south east/south is too small, and I understand why many prefer building outside the region. It is basic economics, but you minimise your risks at all costs.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Gerrard59(m): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2023
maasoap:

They shouldn't have tried to uproot Yoruba governor in Yoruba land They put target on their own back.

None of the contestants is an Igbo man. Even Jandor, an ex-APC member, confessed that every election time, the anti-Igbo sentiments spring up. Or is Jandor an Igbo man?

You people should be ashamed of yourselves!

1 Like

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by pacespot(m): 8:37am On Mar 19, 2023
Igbos this Igbos that. And they can't tell me which of the political candidates contesting for governorship in Lagos is Igbo?

1 Like

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Gerrard59(m): 8:38am On Mar 19, 2023
franchasofficia:
You are a very smart person.

Igbos should please learn from this 2023 election.

You all have won but it is not yet over! It is time for all well meaning Igbos to go back to the drawing board. This 2023 general election ought to teach every sensible Igbo man or woman a hard lesson about Nigeria and especially the true nature of The Yorubas.

When some of us scream that to japa is the best, Seatrade would be chanting mumbo-jumbo. When we say, invest part of that money into a CBI program, una go say there is no point. Once Tinubu enters, anything a non-connected Igbo businessman sees, let him take it like that.

1 Like

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Babssoo(m): 8:47am On Mar 19, 2023
franchasofficia:

Igbos are supposed to be the ones accusing and attacking Yorubas for shortchanging Igbos after Yorubas produced Obasanjo for 8 years, produced Osinbajo a VP for 8 years, have produced Chief of Airforce, CJN, etc and still
rigged out a credible Igbo man Obi that won in February yet the same Yorubas are still the ones attacking Igbos and cursing Igbos online.

The whole world is watching.

Dear Yorubas, mark today that there is a living God and there are powers that control the affairs of men on earth, you guys will reap bountiful from this cup of hatred and bloodshed you have instigated against Igbos who ought to be crying marginalization.

You may think you are politically smart and having upper hand through Buhari's government, God and nature will visit your land and all the supporters of this evil.

And to all Igbos again, learn from this, stop investing foolishly, it is time to put on our thinking caps. I have learned a good lesson from this and will be deinvesting from Lagos and Southwest.

To all the Igbo ladies planning to marry Yorubas, watch your back, you are better single than married to the hater of your family because when the chips are down, they will remind you where you came from.

All Igbos must learn from this experience and it is time to activate international political lobbying for peaceful secession from people that hate us so much cos the union will never work and can never work.

Nigeria will never remain the same again.

Thank you Buhari
Thank you Mahmoud Yakubu
Thank you INEC
Thank you all the lovers of evil
Thank you to all supporters of evil

You all have won but it is not yet over! It is time for all well meaning Igbos to go back to the drawing board. This 2023 general election ought to teach every sensible Igbo man or woman a hard lesson about Nigeria and especially the true nature of The Yorubas.
look at them, playing the victim…… asun ekun rojoo
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by quickly: 8:47am On Mar 19, 2023
franchasofficia:

Igbos are supposed to be the ones accusing and attacking Yorubas for shortchanging Igbos after Yorubas produced Obasanjo for 8 years, produced Osinbajo a VP for 8 years, have produced Chief of Airforce, CJN, etc and still
rigged out a credible Igbo man Obi that won in February yet the same Yorubas are still the ones attacking Igbos and cursing Igbos online.

The whole world is watching.

Dear Yorubas, mark today that there is a living God and there are powers that control the affairs of men on earth, you guys will reap bountiful from this cup of hatred and bloodshed you have instigated against Igbos who ought to be crying marginalization.

You may think you are politically smart and having upper hand through Buhari's government, God and nature will visit your land and all the supporters of this evil.

And to all Igbos again, learn from this, stop investing foolishly, it is time to put on our thinking caps. I have learned a good lesson from this and will be deinvesting from Lagos and Southwest.

To all the Igbo ladies planning to marry Yorubas, watch your back, you are better single than married to the hater of your family because when the chips are down, they will remind you where you came from.

All Igbos must learn from this experience and it is time to activate international political lobbying for peaceful secession from people that hate us so much cos the union will never work and can never work.

Nigeria will never remain the same again.

Thank you Buhari
Thank you Mahmoud Yakubu
Thank you INEC
Thank you all the lovers of evil
Thank you to all supporters of evil

You ppl lack self awareness and are politically naive.

If LP was smart they would have done an alliance with PDP and that would have guaranteed the ticket.

APC had to do alliance with the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP)

Obi was outsmarted by a better politican, his case in the court is dead on arrival and if it makes it to the supreme court it cant win.

You dont need to be a SAN to know that
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by factcheckmmm: 8:54am On Mar 19, 2023
Philgafauto:

You guys don’t know what you’re doing and your pride makes you obstinate—that’s why we always advise you.

Most of all these people are afonjas

The sensible igbos have seen the handwriting
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by factcheckmmm: 8:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Bigshots001:

If know what you're doing,then you should know that no place like home and should start setting things up at the home front.
It's not only touts that dislike the igbos, the majority percentage of them do,and since half their population are touts it's safe to say almost all of them hates us
Stop developing their region for God's sake.

All those people are afonjas
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Aldol: 8:59am On Mar 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

Another bare-faced lie! You lots lie too much!!

The Oba of Lagos openly threatened to drown Igbos in the lagoon for preferring to vote Agbaje - a Yoruba man. In 2023, they are threatened with machetes and sticks because they want to vote GRV - another Yoruba man. During Covid, Yoruba youths ransacked his palace, not Igbos.

For crying out loud, don't you have a conscience?
Stay away from lagos politics, if you must support your candidate,don't use it to rub lagosians face as if you are superior to them. Na better life carry you come Lagos so enjoy it while it last and stop saying it's a no man land. Do all these above and be good
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by revolt(m): 9:14am On Mar 19, 2023
sreamsense:

All these grammar are not necessary, just tell them to mind their business if they can't support their hosts political interest to move the area forward, they should always vote for whom they like without making noise or brag to prove to their hosts they are superiors. Yorubas and other non-indigenes are in the east, but they don't cross their boundary when it comes to local politics in their domains. If the bring business back home and Ipob/esn come to patronize them, will you be there to safe them?

Yorubas don't hate Igbos, they are friends to them in real life,what yorubas don't like is arrogance, domineering spirit and claiming right of what you can not give others. No one will like you imposing Chinedu Gbadebo Patric as Lagos governor with zero experience in governance at the expense of Sanwoolu who has proven himself more competent enough.

Lagos does not need change because it is working and progressing as number one richest state in Nigeria and fifth in Africa. If it is not working, you won't bring your business here in the first place

Do not deceive yourself.... some of us igbo progressives have seen who the real enemies are. I'm glad you guys proved NMK right. No worries. I'm sure a response will cone
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by quickly: 9:23am On Mar 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

None of the contestants is an Igbo man. Even Jandor, an ex-APC member, confessed that every election time, the anti-Igbo sentiments spring up. Or is Jandor an Igbo man?

Well the agenda was to install an LP governor by force

And LP is the most igbo centric party.

People follow good example, is there any good stated governed in the SE?

You can enlighten me if there is any
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by JUMO95: 9:27am On Mar 19, 2023
TreasureJunky:
Even the ones that need the advice the most are advising Igbos. As a Delta man, have you developed your delta State, and you're here advising Igbos on how to invest the money you didn't tell them how to make

grin
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by maasoap(m): 9:40am On Mar 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

None of the contestants is an Igbo man.
Yoruba people said he is, that means he is.

Even Jandor, an ex-APC member, confessed that every election time, the anti-Igbo sentiments spring up. Or is Jandor an Igbo man?

Jandor is confused. Anything to stay relevant since people have rejected him and his party in Lagos state.
I have never heard of anti igbos sentiments in Lagos state until this elections when you guys think you could dislodge Tinubu, and by extension, Yorubas.

Lol. I need a piece of land to build a house and mosque in Enugu or Anambra State. Let's start from there before thinking of contesting for the Governorship position in Akwa Ibom state. grin grin grin
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by rdokoye: 9:50am On Mar 19, 2023
JOemmy:

Waste of time even the great ojukwu himself once came to lagos and also gave the same advised but my igbo brothers who are the most stubborn ethnic group in nigeria refused to take the advice. Go to the core north where igbos where massacred in their thausands just few years ago they are still going there in their millions for business and investing massively there.

The only solution I see is autonomy for the south east and massive infrastructural development in the region which will make the region attractive to igbo youths to live in and invest if this is not done the daring igbos I know will rather prefer to continue to die hustling and making it big in the regions of their sworn enemies than remain in igboland where there are no much opportunities to make it big in life.

Igbo people are not big in the North anymore, why do you think there hasn't been any pogroms for years? Igbo people have already started moving back home, Enugu has one of the fast developing property markets, outside of Lagos. This current predicament will only accelerate that growth. Igbo people no longer exist in the north, in substantial numbers, and that's soon to be the case in the South-West.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by rdokoye: 9:52am On Mar 19, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Don't mind my brothers, they always buy properties everywhere, even in Borno state.

They are ignorantly believing in one Nigeria, which is a sham.

There are no Igbo people in Borno State; they left years ago. You think the pogroms in the North stopped, because the people changed? No, it stopped because there's no Igbo people to attack and kill.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by rdokoye: 9:54am On Mar 19, 2023
skj1377:
I can see you don't have sense. Anyways ,one Ibo American doctor thinking just like you built an 18story glass skyscraper with generator and modern amenities in a village in Anambra only for no one to rent it, the building is gradually deteriorating as we speak. No vacume in lagos Dangote just built $18billion dollar investment in lagos please point at one Ibo investment that expensive?. If you don't know other tribes do the exact same businesses Ibo do in Lagos so they cant be missed.

If you honestly believe what you wrote (which I know you don't), then you should be happy to see the backs of Igbo people.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by kingthreat(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

[b]In that case, why not advocate for the division of Nigeria, huh? [/b]Why should Nigerians living elsewhere be deprived of voting, especially where they pay taxes?

As for the red aspect, none of the contestants in the Lagos election is Igbo. Is there any who is Igbo?

I am not advocating for the bolded, but if it happens Yorubas will not send their children to die in a war to stop Biafra.
On your last line, why were Igbos trying to aggressively support a candidate the Yorubas were not in support of? Look, knowing when to be neutral is wisdom in life. If you invite Togolese migrants into your compound, and on a family issue the Togolese people start supporting your brother against you. How will you feel? Be neutral.
No one is stopping you from voting but the way you all were massively in support of an inexperienced candidate because he spoke in your interest is irritating. One Nigeria is based on regional societies, even if it's going to change not in one day.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by SenatePresdo(m): 10:08am On Mar 19, 2023
rdokoye:

There are no Igbo people in Borno State; they left years ago. You think the pogroms in the North stopped, because the people changed? No, it stopped because there's no Igbo people to attack and kill.

You may be right.

I know many people that left north because all that nonsense.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by obyrich(m): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
doesn't seem to me like you do. I am also Igbo anyways from delta.
Stoo buying multimillion naira properties in Lagos. I am saying this because I love you. It's not safe.
I support this. The Lagos madness should stop already.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by skj1377(m): 11:08am On Mar 19, 2023
Ibo's will not be missed Oga, the Ibo's come for economic prospects in Lagos simple as ABC if they go other tribes will come soldier goes soldier comes barracks remain. Orient petroleum refinery was built by Ibo with board of directors all Ibo as well as all the workers. The refinary was even located in Anambra as far back as 2003 you tell me if that refinery was located in Lagos since all these days will the fortune Of The Ibo owners not turned around?. Let me tell you we have tribal Ibo's like you investing in anambra and other eastern states but honestly ask them how far compared to their fellow Ibo brothers that invested in southwest!. Like I said Ibo's will not be missed if they go back to east including all their entertainers.
rdokoye:

If you honestly believe what you wrote (which I know you don't), then you should be happy to see the backs of Igbo people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Protesting Job Seekers Arrested In Bayelsa / Buhari Says Nigeria Has 35 States? / Policemen To Undergo Drug Abuse Test – Arase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.