Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. (7744 Views)

Ekweremadu: Majority Of People From Southeast Lack Emphaty - Reno Omokry / Soldiers Killed & Razed Houses: Sad News You Can Read Only From SouthEast (Pics) / Abaribe: Sit-At Home Has Chased Businessmen Away From Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by sreamsense: 11:30am On Mar 19, 2023
Digriz:
how is Lagos working?
If it not working, will you, your uncle, your aunt or at least two bread winner members in your family migrate to Lagos if it is a failed state like yours? If Lagos is not working, will 60% of graduates from your state institutions find their ways to Lagos in searching for greener pastures? How many multi-national companies are in your state that can provide jobs to teaming graduates from your state institutions?

If Lagos is rated No1 in Nigeria and 5th in Africa, put your state rating side-by-side with Lagos and see if your state is even among the rated states in the first place in Nigeria just forget about Africa because your state is even known at that level. Always learn to appreciate and promote in good faith where you get your legitimate daily meal and stop unnecessary bragging
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Perfectbeing(m): 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

I keep reading/hearing this, but I am yet to see an Igbo person say or write it. It is always you modafvckers that scream it every four years. Low budget Dipo Awojide!
Yul Edochie heard his brothers calling Lagos a no man's land that's why he wrote this to caution them.

2 Likes

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Perfectbeing(m): 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

So voting for GRV is disrespecting the hosts? Is GRV not a Yoruba man? Was any contestant Igbo in the election?

It doesn't matter where GRV comes from. Even if he comes from the lineage of the first Oba of Lagos gan gan, it will still be suspicious when a group not indigenous to Lagos or Yoruba land rally around him and try as much as possible to install him.
They created twitter spaces where they said all of them must vote for him. They said they'd chase the Obas out of Lagos.
There was a video trending in far away Abia State where Lagos was their number priority to take. They were saying they don't mind losing other States but they must win Lagos. That's very suspicious..

As a Nigerian I would be suspicious if South Africans or Ghanaians are so particular about one particular candidate being the President of Nigeria.. If the candidate like let him even come from my State (Edo State) there's no way I'd support that person..
Imagine SAns creating twitter spaces, making videos of why that candidate must be President. It will be so suspicious and I'll feel like I'm being manipulated..

I supported voted BAT in the Presidential election but if foreigners in and out of Nigeria were so particular about BAT winning, he would have lost my support.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by ykalhaji(m): 2:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
Lionstep:

Order governors from south west are already actually calling them to come and invest in their state and if they eventually leave Lagos today it's won't be long before you start calling them back, this is how Ghana must go started Ghanian today which of Nigeria cites can compare to Ghana in Time of development, sorry to say your so called country is a failed state, I really wish the igbo's can move back to their regions so to see what becomes of the so called Lagos but while leaving they should make sure they demolish every structure they put up

Are Nigerians begging the Ghanaians to come back ? Which other SW Governors are begging other Nigerians to come to their state ? Does spare part business look like foreign direct investment to you? Oga, calm down, Igbos ain't going no where. Na just emotional outburst dem dey do, as usual. Malaysia, South Africa, Ghana that is even more hostile they didn't leave na Lagos wey, eveybody will go back to grooving by next month, that is where they will abandon.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Perfectbeing(m): 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

I keep reading/hearing this, but I am yet to see an Igbo person say or write it. It is always you modafvckers that scream it every four years. Low budget Dipo Awojide!
I'm sure Yul Edochie saw and heard them that's why he cautioned them.

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by rdokoye: 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2023
skj1377:
Ibo's will not be missed Oga, the Ibo's come for economic prospects in Lagos simple as ABC if they go other tribes will come soldier goes soldier comes barracks remain. Orient petroleum refinery was built by Ibo with board of directors all Ibo as well as all the workers. The refinary was even located in Anambra as far back as 2003 you tell me if that refinery was located in Lagos since all these days will the fortune Of The Ibo owners not turned around?. Let me tell you we have tribal Ibo's like you investing in anambra and other eastern states but honestly ask them how far compared to their fellow Ibo brothers that invested in southwest!. Like I said Ibo's will not be missed if they go back to east including all their entertainers.

Development is not magic, if Igbo people leave, NO ONE will come in and fill the void. If what you say were true, then every country in Africa would already be first world.

You really, have no idea what you're talking about. You honestly want to believe the lie that Igbo people need Lagos more than Lagos needs Igbo people, as if Lagos is some first world city. Lagos, like everywhere else in Nigeria is still underdeveloped. Lagos needs an incredible amount of investments, to fix the glaring problems plaguing the city. Like access to treated water, electricity, gas etc.

As far as riches go, Igbo wealth is in Igboland. Where do you think Igbo people learned business from? In Lagos? LMAO. It's good that Onitsha River Port is now active, and with the Ports in South-South eventually becoming active, there will be no reason for Yoruba and Igbo people to interact with one another. You can be happy, Igbo can be happy, everyone can be happy.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by rdokoye: 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
Perfectbeing:

It doesn't matter where GRV comes from. Even if he comes from the lineage of the first Oba of Lagos gan gan, it will still be suspicious when a group not indigenous to Lagos or Yoruba land rally around him and try as much as possible to install him.
They created twitter spaces where they said all of them must vote for him. They said they'd chase the Obas out of Lagos.
There was a video trending in far away Abia State where Lagos was their number priority to take. They were saying they don't mind losing other States but they must win Lagos. That's very suspicious..

As a Nigerian I would be suspicious if South Africans or Ghanaians are so particular about one particular candidate being the President of Nigeria.. If the candidate like let him even come from my State (Edo State) there's no way I'd support that person..
Imagine SAns creating twitter spaces, making videos of why that candidate must be President. It will be so suspicious and I'll feel like I'm being manipulated..

I supported voted BAT in the Presidential election but if foreigners in and out of Nigeria were so particular about BAT winning, he would have lost my support.

You're argument doesn't even make sense.

Igbo people are NOT foreigners. Get that into your head. There's nothing suspicious about anything. The people rally behind the candidate they think is best, the one that will push the state forward and better the life of the masses, that's it. Nigeria is ONE, is it not?
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Fountain777: 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
This idea is very good, i dont understand why our South east Brothers dont think deep. Hausa will come to lagos to even get an apartment for themselves is a problem but we will come and start developing the land of the yorubas for them and when we have a minor issue such as voting they tell us to go home, with our houses on our head i guess. i beg my people our mumu don do,the earlier the better let's start thinking homewards. When you go to ibadan, osun where ibos are not so much, you can tell the difference. They have been feeding fat on our hard work.
I was at the polling unit on Saturday and a guy was accusing another yoruba man of selling houses and land to ibo people. I just wonder why you will call that a problem. A yoruba man has a problem and decided to sell his property in order to solve a pressing need to an ibo and few years down the line the same yoruba man will start feeling bad that an ibo man helped him to solve gis problem by buying his property.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Perfectbeing(m): 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
rdokoye:

Igbo people are NOT foreigners. Get that into your head. There's nothing suspicious about anything. The people rally behind the candidate they think is best, the one that will push the state forward and better the life of the masses, that's it. Nigeria is ONE, is it not?

People that elected Ikpeazu twice or at no liberty to tell Lagosians who is a good Governor.

How can you come to people's Land and tell them to vote for one person and when they voted for their own, you say they hate you...

And how is GRV a better candidate than Sanwo Olu?
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by skj1377(m): 7:46am On Mar 21, 2023
Oga Lagos will develop without Ibo. Secondly the river port your talking about will never replace or compete with Lagos port internationally because it will be cheaper and faster to ship to Lagos besides all known shippers have Lagos as a major as well as economically viable destination. Finally, the port in south south will never be as viable as Apapa in fact Cotonuo port will still be far cheaper to import through. Anyways other tribes do the same importation business that Ibo's do besides Yoruba's believe more in manufacturing and exportation which is actually what we need in the country to boost the value of our Currency. I am of the opinion that Nigeria has gotten close to the last busstop and very soon everybody will go home or to his Region and tribe.
Let the Yoruba people develop their civilisation the way they want and if Ibo wants to visit they apply for visa or work permit. I actually don't see the benefit of Ibo compared to the noise they make allover the place. Spit
rdokoye:

Development is not magic, if Igbo people leave, NO ONE will come in and fill the void. If what you say were true, then every country in Africa would already be first world.

You really, have no idea what you're talking about. You honestly want to believe the lie that Igbo people need Lagos more than Lagos needs Igbo people, as if Lagos is some first world city. Lagos, like everywhere else in Nigeria is still underdeveloped. Lagos needs an incredible amount of investments, to fix the glaring problems plaguing the city. Like access to treated water, electricity, gas etc.

As far as riches go, Igbo wealth is in Igboland. Where do you think Igbo people learned business from? In Lagos? LMAO. It's good that Onitsha River Port is now active, and with the Ports in South-South eventually becoming active, there will be no reason for Yoruba and Igbo people to interact with one another. You can be happy, Igbo can be happy, everyone can be happy.

1 Like

Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by rdokoye: 10:31pm On Mar 27, 2023
skj1377:
Oga Lagos will develop without Ibo. Secondly the river port your talking about will never replace or compete with Lagos port internationally because it will be cheaper and faster to ship to Lagos besides all known shippers have Lagos as a major as well as economically viable destination. Finally, the port in south south will never be as viable as Apapa in fact Cotonuo port will still be far cheaper to import through. Anyways other tribes do the same importation business that Ibo's do besides Yoruba's believe more in manufacturing and exportation which is actually what we need in the country to boost the value of our Currency. I am of the opinion that Nigeria has gotten close to the last busstop and very soon everybody will go home or to his Region and tribe.
Let the Yoruba people develop their civilisation the way they want and if Ibo wants to visit they apply for visa or work permit. I actually don't see the benefit of Ibo compared to the noise they make allover the place. Spit

You're whole argument is flawed, because, based on government statistics, 65% of everything that arrives at the Lagos Seaport is destined for the South-East. A Yoruba pastor prophecies that something grave would occur (which was obviously the elections) and that Lagos would diminish over the next decade. It looks like he may be correct.
Re: From A Delta Man: My Advice To People From Southeast. by Perfectbeing(m): 9:03am On Apr 06, 2023
rdokoye:

K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Compare What Was Found In Tinubu’s Chopper With The Real Stuff (pictures) / Nigeria Is Not The Giant Of Africa! / Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.