Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga (60529 Views)

Why Tinubu Asked Osinbajo To Leave Lagos Politics, Relocate To Ogun — Babaleye / Why I Will Interfere With Upcoming Bayelsa Elections - Goodluck Jonathan Vows / How To End Godfatherism In Lagos Politics – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by BLAQUBLAQ100: 10:39am On Mar 19, 2023
This Bayo Onanuga is a fool and a very shameless man;a tribal jingoist numero uno. Lagos na your papa get am?
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Ayk8: 10:40am On Mar 19, 2023
meetgaya:

Lagos belong to all Nigerians. No one owns Lagos. Yorubas are not indigence of Lagos, they are from Togo and Benin republic. They should allow igbos and hausas to practice their franchise. Infact yorubas should go to Togo and Benin republic to cast their votes and leave 7s Nigerians to do our things.

Togo and Benin abi, ok.
quick one, IF YORUBA COME FROM TOGO AND BENIN, WHERE DO IGBO COME FROM??

BARBWIRE DEY YOUR BRAIN!! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Hueyreckless0007: 10:40am On Mar 19, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by lozanni(m): 10:41am On Mar 19, 2023
This is a very fearful trend.
Voters are being beaten and killed by thugs and the 'intellectuals' like Bayo Onanuga are supporting this because of their inordinate desire to win elections at all cost.
Fascism always starts when people support a populist form of government that they think are working in their own best interest; but in the long run they find out that the government is in fact just after it's cabal's interest and not that of the people.
Mussolini in Italy and Hitler in Germany started out in this way and the misled people were supporting them as they singled out other ethnic nationalities like the Jews and Gypsies for attack; but what happened in the long run when the populist government turned on their adoring people is a historical lesson that discerning people all over the globe should never allow to happen in their society.

4 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Juoflife1(f): 10:42am On Mar 19, 2023
Is GRV an Igbo man? How is he an Igbo project? The Yorubas that voted massively for Obi, did they come out yesterday to vote? There was massive voter apathy yesterday. Did you not see Yoruba people that were not allowed to vote because they looked Igbo? Is 2023 the first time you are hearing "Lagos is no man land"? Why did they hammer on this in 2023 elections? I am obidient but I supported sanwoolu because he is a fantastic governor. You think obidients didn't vote for sanwoolu yesterday?
switlily25:

I’m not Yoruba but I understand why majority of the Yorubas are against GRV.
Do you know that the Yorubas voted massively for Obi and when Obi won Lagos state,they started bragging about Lagos being a No man’s land?
They even vowed to unseat Sanwolu by voting massively for GRV who is obviously an Igbo project!
It’s okay to vote in your area of residence but don’t interfere or try to hijack their political structure!
No pass your boundary!

3 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Fearyourcreator: 10:42am On Mar 19, 2023
PHIPEX:
These APC people are so scared of Igbos. You are having a high BP to prove to your visitors that you own your house, something is definitely wrong with you whether you accept it or not. The supposed guest is sleeping soundly while you keep vigil and rant all through the night. Oga Landlord, do I have to tell you that you have lost relevance in your supposed house. Your guest never said he owns the house yet you can't sleep

The constitution says anyone can vote in any state he resides, be ready to cry more because you can't change it.
If them start dey kill una ... Your body go come down.. No worries na..
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Iamziggy: 10:42am On Mar 19, 2023
U called lagos no mans land in return dem don show una who landlord be
chokekachy:
Onanuga is the Director, Media and Publicity APC Presidential Campaign Council.

https://twitter.com/aonanuga1956/status/1637221887582388225?t=aiXoxBCAI6gJ_RiGk8slzw&s=19

4 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Meandmycrew(f): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2023
We the real indigenes of lagos state are not complaining, but the ones from oyo, ogun , osun, Ekiti, ondo, and kwara who travelled to lagos to hustle are the ones causing nuisance here you people should take your time oh!

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2023
Konjiboii:
If only other states and tribes will know this and start developing and investing in their lands, when you reason am well sef nothing dey this Lagos. All na hype.
Kai it is a very unfortunate statement shocked

I am sure right now those international investors will be shaking their heads in disbelief and disappointment as they see this news.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by hammerT: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2023
eldoradoxx:

The level of ignorance at work in your life is pathetic bro. That Igbos are not free to choose to vote for either Sanwo Olu (a Yoruba man) or Gbadebo Rhodes Vivors (another Yoruba man) shows how hateful and vengeful, hypocritical and fooo.lish all of you who share same opinion as Bayo Adenuga are.
If it is clear that voting Sanwo Olu is voting Yoruba agenda, it means that a Yoruba man called Gbadebo Rhodes Vivors has already been disqualified from being elected to a Yoruba office of Governor of Lagos State by those who feel that they are more Yoruba than Gbadebo Rhodes Vivors. That is the crime the Igbos committed in Lagos, daring to prefer one Yoruba man called Gbadebo Rhodes Vivors over the other called Sanwo Olu. No other crime.

STOP WASTING YOUR TIME WITH THAT FOOL.

THERE IS NOTHING IN HIS BRAIN MORE THAN IGBO.

WHEN THE SAME IGBO START BIAFRA, HE WILL CALL BUHARI AND DSS TO STOP THEM.

CARRY NNAMDI KANU IN HIS HEAD AS IF LAGOS WAS INCLUDED IN BIAFRA.

ONE DAY ALL THIS WILL END AND THAT DAY IS ROUND THE CORNER.

LAGOS IS A DIRTY CITY, THAT THEY WILL BEG IGBOS TO STAY, ONCE BIAFRA IS ACTUALISED.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Fearyourcreator: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

You and that guy just dey mumu unasef with senseless tribal gbasgbos grin grin
For you to even think that Igbos vote can solely make anyone Governor in Lagos State is a total sign of either you don craze before,or you go soon comot clothe run mad enter market grin grin
Well meaning Lagosians from every region need this evil Apc Structure of thuggery and electoral criminality to fall, continue to do Igbo ahhh, Igbo yooo na your destiny sha grin grin
May the reign of whoever wins bring peace and prosperity to our beautiful Lagos State.
Eko lo kan.
Up Labour everywhere.
Yeye
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by sta1: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2023
Don't tax the non-Yorubas in Lagos State if you do not think they deserve political representation in Lagos State. Not done in a DEMOCRACY!!

...'National unity' jokers.

#NoTaxationWithoutRepresentation!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Bobloco: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Weep for yourself and it will only get worse for you.. Oloriburuku omoyibo

I wasn't referring to you but since you decided to mention me then it will surely get worst for you
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Gozac: 10:44am On Mar 19, 2023
The way Tinubu men are going about this issue, Tinubu may run one of the worst, most turbulent government in Nigeria.
Let Nigeria don't break under his watch.
As for this man, he no get any power at all

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by GeneralPulal: 10:44am On Mar 19, 2023
easzypeaszy:
But Igbos and Other tribes will hear it hot in Lagos after election
Hmmmm Edo too..Make ur name go gt small K-leg lik dis na wahala
Igbos only..
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Archtype(m): 10:44am On Mar 19, 2023
The Igbos has the innate character to develop anywhere they found themselves . Such should be commended and not condenmed; we preach one Nigeria but in practice it is a disaster. And when the same Igbos that are hated by every tribe talks about pulling out of the federation as the result of all these they will still blackmail and make them look like the devil
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by ifihearam: 10:45am On Mar 19, 2023
Juoflife1:
How? Obi left PDP and joined another political party. Is this bad? A lot of people, expecially the youths saw him as someone they can relate better with and supported him. This cut across all tribes. During campaign, shots were fired from all angles, which his followers responded to and he cautioned them. So tell me, how did obi start this? Let's discuss

Yes his support base cut across of all ethnicities, but the movement was hijacked along the line by the desperate Igbos, who saw this as their only opportunity to cling the presidency. We saw through them from the initial stage but other tribes thought they were fighting a good cause.

Got to a point where if you see those insulting, intimidating and cyberbullying people who are not in support of Obi are majorly of the Igbo extraction. back to the crux of the matter, You will recall, Obi went to the core locations of Igbos in lagos, he went to churches seeing that all other presidential candidates were muslim(I mean top contenders),its only fair by otrhers to play the tribe game too.

How can the Igbos come out and say Lagos is a no man's land? simply because he won lagos in the presidential election..Obi who i know so well would never employ a man from SW in his cabinet, when he was a governor tell me one tribe except Igbos he employed, so much so, if you are not catholic you wont get promotion in the ministries..Obi is a tribalistic bigot and deep down in his heart he wants the actualization of the IPOB and thats why Nigerians fear so much to ever give an Igbo man presidency, its a risk we cant take for now and not in the nearest future.

4 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Fearyourcreator: 10:45am On Mar 19, 2023
Bobloco:

I wasn't referring to you but since you decided to mention me then it will surely get worst for you
You dey fear wetin you talk too.. Arinya....
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by mrvitalis(m): 10:45am On Mar 19, 2023
Hueyreckless0007:

See how they have started denying it..
I tire for una matter.
name one it should not be there o hard to name one abi ?
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by sunnyflakes(m): 10:47am On Mar 19, 2023
chokekachy:
Onanuga is the Director, Media and Publicity APC Presidential Campaign Council.

https://twitter.com/aonanuga1956/status/1637221887582388225?t=aiXoxBCAI6gJ_RiGk8slzw&s=19

The jihadist are coming, and when they have fully settled in Lagos then you will know how cowardly the Yorubas are. Na for Igbo people body Yoruba they get power. We the good people of Edo still maintain that Lagos is our Heritage. While Prince Oduwa which you bastardized to Oduduwa is Proudly a Benin Prince. How come non of the governors of Lagos State from 1999 to date is an Aboriginal Lagosian but no one told them to go to their state of origin to vote or contest for position. This monster you people resurrected will hunt you, your children and your children's children. As for me, Benin City is just ok for me. Pathetic souls

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by webizone(m): 10:47am On Mar 19, 2023
Deboski12:
Shut up there!

Go to ur Yeast (Biafra). NDI Ara!

You will shout till thy kingdom come, nothing will change. Unless, there's a move for referendum.

I thought you guys have the numbers? Why complain about other tribes in your state? Use your numbers to outvote them na.

This is to show that even the well meaning yorubas are tired of evil governance.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Hueyreckless0007: 10:48am On Mar 19, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Kennydoc(m): 10:49am On Mar 19, 2023
0monnak0da:

Let me help you
I think you meant Cosmopolitan

Many visitors make a lot of wrong assumptions
Lagos is a state that contains a city also called Lagos
Just like Kano,Kaduna,Enugu,Bauchi,Sokoto etc
When you use the word LAGOS which of the two are you talking about
They are not the same.
Lagos state has rural areas with indigenes where people grow cassava,make garri,Go fishing and so on. Historically Epe and Ikorodu are 2 of the 5 divisions of Lagos state with nearly 60% of the land mass
It is Ijebu land .and not Metropolitan or Cosmopolitan
Lagos has 5 administrative divisions
Lagos
Ikorodu
Ikeja
Badagry

Thanks for your clarification and for being mature in your response.
I think you made a lot of sense.
I didn't know about the administrative divisions. Many of us confuse Lagos as a megacity with Lagos State.
Well, Lagosians should decide how they should be ruled. I don't live in Lagos so it's not really my business.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Akharmony: 10:49am On Mar 19, 2023
Even in a freestate there are indigenes and they should not b taking for granted. .

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Samogloby: 10:49am On Mar 19, 2023
[quote author=DenreleDave post=121869476]

If u want one Nigeria, let Igbo man Elect Yorubas in House of rep, senator and governorship in the east

Then we can Consider.....

Igbo man won't allow another tribe rule in their states but they want to rule in other lands....
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Hueyreckless0007: 10:50am On Mar 19, 2023

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Zetty177x: 10:50am On Mar 19, 2023
switlily25:

The Yorubas,Hausas and other ethnic groups don’t meddle in the political affairs of their hosts like the igbos do!
I was disgusted when they added Niger Delta to their useless Biafra!
Spits!

Yorubas travel more than the whole Nigerians. I see them all over UK, very loud people..many people don't like them abroad. Now I understand. I hate no tribe. But while in the UK, many Nigerians don't speak to Yorubas. I have never in my life played d tribe card. Na Yoruba people make me know of tribe.

Now u say useless Biafra. U don't want them to vote, u don't want to elect their person, u rig their Obi out, u don't want to give them Biafra. Na wa.

I am from Niger Delta and pained how Nigeria shares our resources and our region is polluted. We need restructuring for every region to control their resources. Q.E.D.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by sharone21(f): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2023
nairalee:
If given the opportunity, Nigerians would be worse than the white racists. Never will I take the black man serious anymore when they complain about racism or xenophobia in a foreign man's land.

At least the whites can claim superiority and protecting their own country as their reason for racism but what's your own damn reason for discriminating against your fellow black, innocent, struggling neighbour? SHAME

Well said... And Lagos, just like Cotonou, Douala etc is the commercial capital of Nigeria but still filled with so many tribalistic Your as.

Anyway, soon when Yorubas begin to indicate their interest to run in offices outside Nigeria and need the help and cooperation of other Nigerians, I hope this 2023 Politics of bitterness wouldn't be replayed to them.

This marriage of 500+ tribes when some people kick out the legitimate region that should be in power ideally despite the hard work of Labor Party and foist another tribe that has duly done its terms seems not to be working oooas open eye done start, imagine make in the middle of their governments at Federal and State level, SS sef open eyes and cut their pipe, at least then we will know if they will fully continue to serve Nigerians
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Zetty177x: 10:52am On Mar 19, 2023
Hueyreckless0007:

Ure a disgrace to your people..

You don't even have a clue as to what's going on or what the igbos have planned in Lagos.

Wake up from your slumber angry

Name one bad thing Igbo have done in Lagos or Nigeria
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Kennydoc(m): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2023
Hueyreckless0007:

Let me tell you something

An elder brother of mine served in Imo state late around 2014.

To baff sef, you no go see water. Even though the water is there. They won't let you fetch it.

They use bags of pure water to bath.

Today, they are claiming Lagos to be a no man's land?
Such audacity.

Hey, that's not true! There are many testimonies of Yorubas on Twitter who have served in the East and were treated well. Igbos welcome strangers.
There may be few cases of tribalism which are not very common (just like in other regions), but I really don't think it can be generalised.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Bobloco: 10:52am On Mar 19, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

You dey fear wetin you talk too.. Arinya....

I have no reason to be afraid but for you, it bad in the past 8 years, so it will get worst with Tinubu at helms of affairs surrounded by those individuals
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by PHIPEX(m): 10:54am On Mar 19, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

If them start dey kill una ... Your body go come down.. No worries na..
It means you have given up on civilisation. if you resort to killing, you burn down your house to prove a point to guests on who owns the house?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Dino Melaye And Remi Tinubu In Red & White Dresses At Senate On Valentine's Day / Malivelihood & Adeola Smart Adeyemi Pre-wedding Pictures / Hausas Dress Like Igbos To Show Love To Igbos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.