Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga (60646 Views)

Why Tinubu Asked Osinbajo To Leave Lagos Politics, Relocate To Ogun — Babaleye / Why I Will Interfere With Upcoming Bayelsa Elections - Goodluck Jonathan Vows / How To End Godfatherism In Lagos Politics – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by viodemus: 10:14am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Lol.

Nigeria is too complex to divide.

You big tribes will dominate and oppress us small tribes.

I see your point. but that's already happening now, especially with the yorubas and the northerners.. They try to galvanize the minorities against the igbos, so that they can feel useful. That is not sustainable. it is borderline genocide.

I think breaking up will work. The smaller tribes can coexist and even fare better than now.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Gentew(m): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Since you know this, why do you still want to walk into the open door without seeing what lies beneath? The joke is on your cone head!

I will advise you to first deal with IPOB and Unknown gunmen raping your mothers and sisters in various trenches, villages, huts etc in the east before you deal with peaceful lagosians...

6 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Shattuck(m): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2023
DenreleDave:

If u want one Nigeria, let Igbo man Elect Yorubas in House of rep, senator and governorship in the east

Then we can Consider.....

Igbo man won't allow another tribe rule in their states but they want to rule in other lands.... They will even Insult you

as an outsider I don't understand how Igbos are interfering in Yoruba politics honestly no Igbo man is on the ballot in Lagos, don't even tell me GVR, because he is not Igbo even the last election with agbaje you guys always say Igbos are interfering, now I haven't seen ohaneze openly come out to endorse any candidate in Lagos politics, now are you saying non indegenes shouldn't be able to vote in Lagos? or just the Igbos? Now the Igbos alone in Lagos can never elect a gov they do not have the numbers so why the hate? I think this Igbo hate is just to hide your flaws and insecurity, even among yoruba's a large number do not align with apc, even the south south indigenes living in Lagos, but for some reason it's like you guys just want to blame the Igbos for every flaw you hail sanwolu now but if sanwolu was in the pdp now you would still hate on the Igbos if the decide to vote for him
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by haffaze777(m): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2023
Ezmans:
ok, give me

Read the message you quote because it's given already
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Ayk8: 10:17am On Mar 19, 2023
DenreleDave:
Exactly our point...
This should be the last time igbos will put their mouth in an affair like Lagos gubernatorial election..

They can aspire for senate and house of rep but when it comes to lagos governorship , they should mind their business..

If any Yoruba candidate comes to Igbos for endorsement, let them tell him to go and get his tribe endorsement.. Igbos should only align with whoever the majority of the tribe agree with...

Igbo should mind their business in Lagos... Hausa don't meddle into yoruba issue like igbos do...

I repeat:

House of Rep - Igbos are allowed
Senate - Allowed
Governor - Banned till Jesus comes and even if Jesus comes, igbos are not allowed.

God bless you my brother! Tell them!!!!!
powers yorubas cant exercise in the east, they try it here. IGBOS like to take over and claim any territory they find themselves. we don too give una liver abi, we go start to dey curtail am for una. una go see.

5 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by thinkmoney(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

Calling Lagos a no-mans land is disrespectful, bigoted and insensitive. It is clearly a statement of hate. We can all live peacefully with one another. However, we all need to be respectful of the plurality of Nigeria.

You are also a mum and sick...please mention one igbo that have said lagos is no mans land...maybe a prominent politician an artist or an igbo monarch...mention one. Failure to mention just one means the wrath of God will fall upon you this year
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Lekan239(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2023
DenreleDave:

Let the Igbo man come forward in 2027
to them Obi winning is termed Igbo won. I have see through this and there Obidient scheme a long time ago, that's why I'm just piting yorubas that supported obi then

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:18am On Mar 19, 2023
iykechas2002:
Very true... Igbo should go back home and leave Lagos for lagosians. Shame to the igbos.

Come to think of it, has any Yoruba man or Hausa man built houses or invested heavily in Igbo land? The answer is NO!!!.
It's only the igbos that would go to another man's land and develop the place,yet still treated as outcast. If the Igbo had not develop Lagos, the town will be so poor. Take a clue of when the Igbos travel for any festive period and see how Lagos will be so deserted. Igbo are the business hub of Lagos and they pay more of the IGR in Lagos state. The interiors of Lagos has been developed because of the igbos. The Igbo settles any where and brings development in that area. Yet the Yorubas would claim it

Why are the Hausas not being chased out of Lagos? Why are the Yoruba not calling out the Hausas in this election? The Hausa man has nothing to loose in Lagos if you ask them to leave. They can fight the Yorubas in their land because they have no investment in Lagos that would be destroyed compared to the Igbo man.

It is high time the igbos started thinking of developing their states. And they should bear in mind that "they can not sing the Lord's song in a strange land". This is a wake up call to all Igbos leaving in a strange land.
Because the federal government focused development building infrastructure, structures in only the west and Northern region since 1960 completely abandoning the other regions.

it gave birth Marginalisation ish.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:18am On Mar 19, 2023
Gentew:

I will advise you to first deal with IPOB and Unknown gunmen raping your mothers and sisters in various trenches, villages, huts etc in the east before you deal with peaceful lagosians...
The only recorded rape is the one from Fulani herdsmen in your abandoned villages. Your grandma and mothers and sisters are receiving it deeply there, while you are on NL regurgitating. grin
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by ogwumgbe: 10:18am On Mar 19, 2023
DenreleDave:

Shut up and stop denying.... Igbos have said it many times without number..

Why do u people like so much?

Igbos and lies

Has any Igbo man said it in your front or is it just social media? answer me if someone maliciously open an account with an igbo name and start talking rubbish you will always say it's igbo without even verifying, the hatred on this tribe is too much, allow them to go no, allow them to build their own sea port, no it's on exclusive list, any day there's any viable seaport in Igbo land, mark my word, you will eat that Lagos, Tin Can Island, Apapa Whart, Murtala Muhammed Airport, a lot of businesses by igbos that pay tax, yet you people are so bitter towards those making your economy to thrive, just be very careful the way you fuel hate in this forum because the outcome will swallow you
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by DenreleDave(m): 10:19am On Mar 19, 2023
Shattuck:
as an outsider I don't understand how Igbos are interfering in Yoruba politics honestly no Igbo man is on the ballot in Lagos, don't even tell me GVR, because he is not Igbo even the last election with agbaje you guys always say Igbos are interfering, now I haven't seen ohaneze openly come out to endorse any candidate in Lagos politics, now are you saying non indegenes shouldn't be able to vote in Lagos? or just the Igbos? Now the Igbos alone in Lagos can never elect a gov they do not have the numbers so why the hate? I think this Igbo hate is just to hide your flaws and insecurity, even among yoruba's a large number do not align with apc, even the south south indigenes living in Lagos, but for some reason it's like you guys just want to blame the Igbos for every flaw you hail sanwolu now but if sanwolu was in the pdp now you would still hate on the Igbos if the decide to vote for him

Thank u for our flaws and insecurity..

Let igbos go back to their perfect and secured region grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Elibaba1: 10:19am On Mar 19, 2023
This election has made me to see the “Yoruba race” in an open glare. I was wrong to think they are the most educated and organized tribe.
I am now fully aware that they are nothing but tribal bigots, Thugs and sentimental entities.

We in the north behave civilized than them.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by omohayek: 10:19am On Mar 19, 2023
Kimjongun:

Tell me one country in the world where migrants have the upper hand on political matters and assert their will on
Israel, where the native Palestinians have now been herded into ever-shrinking Bantustans, as the Israelis settlers gradually steal ever more land. It's to avoid a similar fate that I say let them have their Biafra, so we can end the endless migration from the SE and repatriate most of those already here (especially the poor ones with no particular skills to offer). Anyone who thinks such a thing can't happen is living in self-delusion, especially as Igbos have shown no tendency to give up on their clannish, tribalistic politics (how else can one explain a single party getting 95% of the votes in a region, or the "LP Top to Bottom" and "only our 'Ezi Nwanwa Ndigbo' is a 'real Lagosian'" BS?). Talk of "conquering" Lagos, and "Lagos is a no man's land" shows they have a similar agenda to the pre-1948 Jewish settlers in Palestine, who said all sorts of "liberal" things in public while secretly plotting all the while to steal the land from under the native Arabs - a plot they succeeded at in 1948.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by BadEnglish(m): 10:19am On Mar 19, 2023
DenreleDave:

If u want one Nigeria, let Igbo man Elect Yorubas in House of rep, senator and governorship in the east

Then we can Consider.....

Igbo man won't allow another tribe rule in their states but they want to rule in other lands.... They will even Insult you

What happened in Lagos is only a fraction of what is to come. Igbos are the most bigoted race you'll ever come across. They won't even give u the kind of space and freedom they are enjoying in the southwest, in their state. Haven't seen a non Igbo elected as ordinary councilor in igboland, but you think you can determine who rules another tribe's state. Isn't that madness? Them show una small shege for Lagos and they start crying wolf.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by ShaqFu: 10:20am On Mar 19, 2023
mariahAngel:

Never have I heard it to be this disgusting.
Oh you should do a little search about pre colonial and post colonial Nigeria politics. You'd be amazed at what you'll find. It doesn't have to be disgusting. It is fact and it is what it is. 👌
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by SenatePresdo(m): 10:20am On Mar 19, 2023
webizone:

I understand you loud and clear. As for the development in the east, we have already started by electing LP regardless of previous party strongholds in eastern states. But we can only do so much without federal might. So like I said, there are certain things needed critically that makes the Igbo reside outside their region. Until it is rectified, we can only continue to manage ourselves.
And if you ask me o, a bully will always bully you unless you fight back. All my life, those who bullied me received it. Today, my former bullies are pals because there's respect.

Exactly, that's where I wanted you to arrive at.

If we fold our arms it will be like that for the next 100 years.

Igbos have to come together and pursue a single goal together wink

I hope the outcome of this election unites us the more.
We can't continue like this.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Actuarydeji(m): 10:20am On Mar 19, 2023
The reason why other tribes cannot invest heavily in the East is because there is no conducive environment for them to succeed.
If a non indigene has a store in Aba and s/he is doing well, omo your store would be the only place the indigenes would burgled. So tell me how a non indigene will want to invest heavily in the East?
iykechas2002:
Very true... Igbo should go back home and leave Lagos for lagosians. Shame to the igbos.

Come to think of it, has any Yoruba man or Hausa man built houses or invested heavily in Igbo land? The answer is NO!!!.
It's only the igbos that would go to another man's land and develop the place,yet still treated as outcast. If the Igbo had not develop Lagos, the town will be so poor. Take a clue of when the Igbos travel for any festive period and see how Lagos will be so deserted. Igbo are the business hub of Lagos and they pay more of the IGR in Lagos state. The interiors of Lagos has been developed because of the igbos. The Igbo settles any where and brings development in that area. Yet the Yorubas would claim it

Why are the Hausas not being chased out of Lagos? Why are the Yoruba not calling out the Hausas in this election? The Hausa man has nothing to loose in Lagos if you ask them to leave. They can fight the Yorubas in their land because they have no investment in Lagos that would be destroyed compared to the Igbo man.

It is high time the igbos started thinking of developing their states. And they should bear in mind that "they can not sing the Lord's song in a strange land". This is a wake up call to all Igbos leaving in a strange land.

4 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by DenreleDave(m): 10:20am On Mar 19, 2023
ogwumgbe:

Has any Igbo man said it in your front or is it just social media? answer me if someone maliciously open an account with an igbo name and start talking rubbish you will always say it's igbo without even verifying, the hatred on this tribe is too much, allow them to go no, allow them to build their own sea port, no it's on exclusive list, any day there's any viable seaport in Igbo land, mark my word, you will eat that Lagos, Tin Can Island, Apapa Whart, Murtala Muhammed Airport, a lot of businesses by igbos that pay tax, yet you people are so bitter towards those making your economy to thrive, just be very careful the way you fuel hate in this forum because the outcome will swallow you

If u keep denying the obvious truth, then bye bye.

So Psquare both called it no man's land.. Igbo celebrities said the same thing so many times..

By bye. I don't argue with hypocrites like you...

4 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by webizone(m): 10:21am On Mar 19, 2023
tunjilana:

You people and peddling lies...who is blocking you from having ports?

For your infoo, there is no kobo of federal govt in the new lekki port and the upcoming badagry port...It is strictly lagos state govt and private investors. The new Epe international airport also has no kobo of FGN money...Go and verify

If you keep elevating and voting clueless governors whowill rather save cash than build ports while investing state funds in private breweries, then dont blame others who are voting competence and reapin the results, and dont blame them for resisting your attempt to take them back to stone age

As for embassies, they will go to where they feel safe. Tell your violent gangs to stop the aggression and watch things happen

I don't need to tell you that Lagos already got a jump from being a former capital at a time Nigeria was experiencing a very big boom to its economy. The effects of that time with government policies that continued has enabled Lagos to be able to be very financially viable, because, the want for opportunities has made the state to grow in critical population mass that can enable it generate positive IGR.

And I don't need to tell you of the cases of when development issues have been brought to the Senate that was shut down.

The South East remains the one zone that haven't had a single forward federal project since Independence.

Having said that, I concede that our state governors are to blame for a lot of poor development decisions. But, that's what we are changing in real time.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by switlily25(f): 10:21am On Mar 19, 2023
SOSPITAS:
But how did Igbo interfere in Lagos politics? Did dey contest any political position? I thought the only thing they did was to come out and vote which is there civic right or did I miss something?. Are we saying it's now a crime for someone to vote in there area of residence? Is it only the Igbos that voted against the ruling party in Lagos? I do not like the direction this is going, initially I thought it was the usual political banters that will disappear after election but boy was I wrong. We have seen this before, prior to 1967 the air around the country was thick with this kind of caustic sentiment that eventually led to the death of more than 3million Nigerians. Is history about to repeat itself or are men about to repeat history? This is dangerous, it should stop. Everyone who loves peace and prosperity should make the concious decision to desist for hateful statement that serves no purpose but temptation. Let everyone go about his business with decency and tranquility. Please let us do everything in our power to avoid conflict. Our common enemy should be bad government, the criminally minded and the intolerant.
I’m not Yoruba but I understand why majority of the Yorubas are against GRV.
Do you know that the Yorubas voted massively for Obi and when Obi won Lagos state,they started bragging about Lagos being a No man’s land?
They even vowed to unseat Sanwolu by voting massively for GRV who is obviously an Igbo project!
It’s okay to vote in your area of residence but don’t interfere or try to hijack their political structure!
No pass your boundary!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by 0monnak0da: 10:21am On Mar 19, 2023
olisaokere:

Igbos are far ahead of whatever plans you have got in stock.Whatever it is,you will deal with yourself eventually..
Ibos are far ahead when it comes to chest beating
They are peerless

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Lionstep: 10:21am On Mar 19, 2023
Kimjongun:

Tell me one country in the world where migrants have the upper hand on political matters and assert their will on

Ur politician are really playing with your intelligences, they know what they're doing and it really working for them because they are really winning, they created the Lagos is ''no man land to make it seem like they're about to take your land and funny enough the people they're even calling the rightfully owner of the land are bini not even igbo's, but again why so much hatred for igbo's in your country huh, well that's topics for another day but would you burn down your father's house because you're having disagreement with your brother? The sooner you guys realize that these politicians are you biggest enemies the better for Nigeria, till tomorrow it's still a failed state all round.

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by switlily25(f): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Lol.

Nigeria is too complex to divide.

You big tribes will dominate and oppress us small tribes.
God bless you!
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by seunodediranivy: 10:22am On Mar 19, 2023
Never and never, they should not in their lives as a sorjonner in South West, not only in Lagos. They have outstepped their boundaries, they should stop being intrusive, enough is enough. A security man is confined to secure the gate, mind your business.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by switlily25(f): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2023
OceanRed:

You still don't get it , igbo have been voting in lagos since 1999 with no one stopping them, they voted whoever they wanted to vote, buh 2023 is different, igbos are now trying to impose their choice candidate, someone the Yoruba's don't consider as their true son . its not about landlord shit, its about preventing lagos from falling into the hands of IPOB!
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Jeferious: 10:22am On Mar 19, 2023
IntroTech:
We, Igbo are too much.

Look how they are all against us.

For what?

Mad jealousy for Igbos everywhere.

Unfortunately for you guys, Igbos will only continue to rise.

Some idiots here are saying let an Yoruba person go and contest for governorship election in Imo.

My question is: how many Yoruba people are even in Imo state not to talk of start contesting elections.

You have to have a very influential power anywhere you are for you to start contesting in elections in that area.

This is what we Igbos have got!

Those of you celebrating that Igbo didn't get into power in Lagos are just fooling yourselves.

Have you forgotten that the real power will always be FINANCIAL power?

Igbo bu Igbo ekenekwaa m unu.

Igbo ga-adi.

Daalu nu.
Talking about "financial power", is an Igbo man the richest in Nigeria? Why do we like putting ourselves in a tight corner? I'm Igbo like you, from Nkanu East precisely, but I hate empty bragging. You can actually do better than this

4 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by reservd(m): 10:23am On Mar 19, 2023
DenreleDave:

Are you blind?

Didn't u read my post?

House of rep and senate is allowed..

Governor is not allowed
Mr Oga, I never insulted you so I wonder why the insult. Can't you have a simple and intellectual convo without insults as its a faceless forum where you have no idea who you are conversing with? Afterall I mentioned state in my write-up, be calming down oga even if money dey involved, politicians not worth it

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by bakynes(m): 10:23am On Mar 19, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

What's the distance from Lagos to ogun?
Infact,Lagos is bordered by Ogun state in all directions. The only way you can get to Lagos without going through Ogun state is through the Atlantic. Most part of Lagos state was annexed from the western region.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:24am On Mar 19, 2023
NapoleonHill:

Getting him off social media is a temporary solution. What he's said is engraved in the heart of many Yoruba especially at this time.

A lot of hate has been made to fly during Obi's campaigns. The country needs healing at this time.
The hate was as a result of the terrible performance of that ruling political party in government. It was directed towards the appaling performance.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Juoflife1(f): 10:24am On Mar 19, 2023
How? Obi left PDP and joined another political party. Is this bad? A lot of people, expecially the youths saw him as someone they can relate better with and supported him. This cut across all tribes. During campaign, shots were fired from all angles, which his followers responded to and he cautioned them. So tell me, how did obi start this? Let's discuss
ifihearam:
To be fair..Obi started this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by CallmeCHIKE: 10:24am On Mar 19, 2023
Yomit71:

It's all caused by Igbo, but when people react they call them tribalist.

HOW?
Don’t just talk trash and call it a day. Explain yourself.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by OceanRed(m): 10:24am On Mar 19, 2023
PHIPEX:
You have always been scared of them. In 2015 Oba of Lagos said it's Ambode or Igbos will die in Lagoon because Igbos supported Jimi Agbaje. In 2019 same APC said same Ambode is now Igbos candidate and you believed, don't you think you are sick of inferiority complex? Igbos fear will ruin many of you

i didnt know about APC saying Ambode is igbo candidate in 2019, but clearly chinedu an IPOB can not and will not be governor in Lagos! .
You mentioned inferiority complex, wish u could explain more how you drew that conclusion, but seriously if igbo are so superior ,they wouldnt be trooping to Lagos to eke their living, their region would have been Dubai of Nigeria, many of them would not be languishing in various jail across the world for drug offenses, etc
igbo aren't superior to yoruba in anyway, accommodating nature of yorubas brought all the shit buh they are wise now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

EndSARS Protesters Refuse Sowore From Joining Them In Abuja (Video) / Bola Tinubu's Son, Seyi Is Engaged (photos) / Kogi Election 2019: Disturbing Videos Of Gun Battles And Deaths In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.