Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria (21721 Views)

Dino Melaye Says Peter Obi Acted Unpresidential And Demands An Apology From Him / Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment / Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by raskymonojendor: 6:02pm On Mar 21, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
So I should go and dig up all the hate from you idiots dish out to adeleke and his family because they are in PDP? I'm sorry I can't help you.

Hiss
All the hate and he won the election in a core Yoruba hinterland state that is even more conservative than Lagos. Clown grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
raskymonojendor:

All the hate and he won the election in a core Yoruba hinterland state that is even more conservative than Lagos. Clown grin

He's one of you. He will give you fire for fire and double it. Besides, the hateful yorubas are only the Tinubu supporters. The Urchins!
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by NaBanga: 7:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
Nigerians are one and the same. You cannot trust them which is why Nigerians don't trust themselves. Evil is always there.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by IamMcMallam01: 7:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
this is needless if you ask and anything done afterwards can't repair the damage it has caused.

Dear Igbo People,

I sincerely apologize for allowing a toxic political banner advert which said, "Lagos can never be run from Anambra; go and vote" to run on Nairaland for several hours on Wednesday, March 15, 2023.

The mischievously worded banner advert appears to have been part of an ethnically divisive political campaign aimed at securing Lagos State for the ruling party by instilling fear in Yoruba people, making them believe that Igbo people intended to "take over" Lagos State.

Such ethnically divisive political campaigns have no place in a forward-thinking democracy, and for this reason, the ad should have been taken down instantly. No harm was intended, but my lack of forethought about the ethics of that type of advert led to a disappointing outcome.

We should have had a clear policy against accepting negative and ethnically divisive ads on Nairaland, we should have communicated it to all advertisers, and we should have taken down any advert that violated that policy instantly. This will all be in place before the next election.

We made almost N16,000 from the ad. We will double it and donate it to victims of political violence in Lagos.

Please, do NOT give up on Nigeria. The times are challenging, but TOGETHER, we will overcome.

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.[/quote]
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Goalnaldo(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2023
lecowas:
Lol. This apology IMO is for political correctness, so that it won't come to haunt you in the nearest future like GCRV social media posts. Anyways, u tried ur best but you could reconsider reconstructing the apology letter, it doesn't look formal!
could you please come up with how it ought to look like. I'm fascinated with legal terms like "my attention has been drawned to" or "we condemn in very strong terms" i was expecting to something like that here.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Goalnaldo(m): 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
jamesversion:

I understand you're a business man, but next time if you have such an advert, please do not accept. Just contact me and I'd pay you whatever money you would have realised from the abvertorial.

It takes character to apologise.

Regards.
i love you no homo
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by DearGorgeous(f): 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2023
Seun:
Dear Igbo People,

I sincerely apologize for allowing a toxic political banner advert which said, "Lagos can never be run from Anambra; go and vote" to run on Nairaland for several hours on Wednesday, March 15, 2023.

The mischievously worded banner advert appears to have been part of an ethnically divisive political campaign aimed at securing Lagos State for the ruling party by instilling fear in Yoruba people, making them believe that Igbo people intended to "take over" Lagos State.

Such ethnically divisive political campaigns have no place in a forward-thinking democracy, and for this reason, the ad should have been taken down instantly. No harm was intended, but my lack of forethought about the ethics of that type of advert led to a disappointing outcome.

We should have had a clear policy against accepting negative and ethnically divisive ads on Nairaland, we should have communicated it to all advertisers, and we should have taken down any advert that violated that policy instantly. This will all be in place before the next election.

We made almost N16,000 from the ad. We will double it and donate it to victims of political violence in Lagos.

Please, do NOT give up on Nigeria. The times are challenging, but TOGETHER, we will overcome.

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.

Medicine after death! The aim of the advert has been achieved already, so what's the need for an apology?

Just visit families that are intermarried with Igbos or Yorubas, and see the tension you lot created to once happy family. Even the children are affected.

Let the God of vegeance take His place in this matter!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by ariesbull: 9:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
They will do anyhow and later come back and apologize ..why do anyhow the first place

2 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Blake755: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
If you believe in this crap here then you can believe anything after you had achieve your aim with it please there is no need to apologize everyone had already moved on stop opening an old wound this place is one of the most tribal site ever all thanks to you 💯💯
So nah 16k you made from those disgusting ad I think say e go reach like 5-10m dey play

Medicine after death Nobody beg for your fucking apologies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Blake755: 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2023
DearGorgeous:

Medicine after death! The aim of the advert has been achieved already, so what's the need for an apology?

Just visit families that are intermarried with Igbos or Yorubas, and see the tension you lot created to once happy family. Even the children are affected.

Let the God of vegeance take His place in this matter!

No mind am so nah only 16k he made from those so shameful I think say e go reach like 5m mitcheew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by imagrg(m): 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2023
Stop tribal hate. cool

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Blake755: 10:22pm On Mar 21, 2023
Grupo:

@Seun, you blocked me on Twitter after I called your attention to this same ad.

I wasn't even abusive, I just said "have you seen this? Seun" And you blocked me.

Not that it matters. Just calling out your hypocrisy.

Really then why apologizing bloody hypocrite nah wa ooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Blake755: 10:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
Collins4u1:
who dey zuzu..... we're talking money, you're talking letter of apology.
E ji eme gịnị?
Apology for advert of 16k so poor 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by BeardedmeatR(m): 2:57am On Mar 22, 2023
sherlock229:
It should be .
"An apology to All Nigerians" with the amount of tribalistic Igbos in this site, we all need an apology for this Rubbish site Albert useful a bit
Mr Albert, sorry o.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by banku: 3:02am On Mar 22, 2023
Who killed or what happened to NigeriaBiafraWorld.com?

The only place you feel comfortable is where Yoruba are. That is where the market is. You need buyers for your retail businesses.

StrongAlphMale:
Dear Seun,

The aim of the ad has already been achieved and your apology is therefore null and void.

I vividly remembered when lots of guys here, especially Obi's supporters called you to order to take the post down, But you bluntly refused and even banned most of their accounts, only to end up apologizing?

I'll advise thousands of Igbo people on this platform to deactivate their accounts and stay away from nairaland, as it appears the only people Seun prefers are his fellow tribalistic bigot Yoruba people. Igbo people must and should avoid nairaland from now henceforth.

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Danisaint112(m): 4:02am On Mar 22, 2023
Omor I'm proud to be Igbo. The only tribe that relentlessly and effortlessly fought against injustice and tyranny while the whole world watched.

The fought for their redemption because they saw Nigeria can never work but it was twarthed. The same Nigeria that haven't changed one bit and the very reason is the same reason the are been persecuted and rejected all round.

Most Yorubas (90%) like suffering oo! I done see am.

The Yorubas prevented Igbos from voting in Lagos but they when it comes to state election in the South East every Tom, Dick and Harry from all works of lives is free and very allowed to vote.

We are taking note...

I now believe Nigeria is not for the Igbos it's a pretense.
Never again will mention my state of origin or tribe in public.

It's now that I realize all my Late grandpa have been telling me is very true... 😑

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by donbrowser(m): 4:04am On Mar 22, 2023
Seun:

I would have voted for Peter Obi & GRV, if I had a PVC and lived in Lagos State. Just to send a message to APC that they need to give us their best. I would not have been upset by GRV's loss because of his sparse CV. My vote for GRV would have been a protest vote against APC.

What are you protesting against Lagos APC for?

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by raskymonojendor: 6:55am On Mar 22, 2023
Funny how Peter Obi ran similar ad a few years ago.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by donbrowser(m): 7:07am On Mar 22, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Funny how Peter Obi ran similar ad in 2013.

Are you minding those people? They always cry victim

3 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Komu1048(m): 7:56am On Mar 22, 2023
Seun:
Dear Igbo People,

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.

Please don't it to my brother a CORP member presiding in Ikotun and attacked by desperate obedient

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Komu1048(m): 8:01am On Mar 22, 2023
Danisaint112:
Omor I'm proud to be Igbo. The only tribe that relentlessly and effortlessly fought against injustice and tyranny while the whole world watched.

The fought for their redemption because they saw Nigeria can never work but it was twarthed. The same Nigeria that haven't changed one bit and the very reason is the same reason the are been persecuted and rejected all round.

Most Yorubas (90%) like suffering oo! I done see am.

The Yorubas prevented Igbos from voting in Lagos but they when it comes to state election in the South East every Tom, Dick and Harry from all works of lives is free and very allowed to vote.

We are taking note...

I now believe Nigeria is not for the Igbos it's a pretense.
Never again will mention my state of origin or tribe in public.

It's now that I realize all my Late grandpa have been telling me is very true... 😑

Always claiming victim, u people attacked my brother in Ikotun cos he refused to rig Chinedu in but here u are coming online to claim victim.

An average igbos are beast and love blood. My prayer is Nigeria should be free from u guys

5 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Danisaint112(m): 8:19am On Mar 22, 2023
Komu1048:

Always claiming victim, u people attacked my brother in Ikotun cos he refused to rig Chinedu in but here u are coming online to claim victim.

An average igbos are beast and love blood. My prayer is Nigeria should be free from u guys

You mean beaten because he wanted rigging for Sanwo Olu and was rejected or because he refused Igbos to vote. You think I am a fool.

The attack you guys carried out against Igbos are all over the internet. You think we are fools. I honestly and truly pray same prayer for my people.

If Nigeria can't be built on unity, equity and fairness then let everyone answer their papa name.

I truly want Igbos to be free from Nigeria. So that you Yorubas will marry another wife then compare.

It would be a thing of joy to realize you Yorubas have merged with the Hausa-Fulanis, trust me the day you all say una no want the marriage again because of Islamization na then Una eye go clear.

That fight wey Igbos fight in the past una go fight am and still loose and still get Islamized because an average Yoruba man is a weakling and can't stand up to an average Hausa man (don't argue with me I live in the North) plus you region has been damn so compromised in every aspect.

Una no wetin Igbos dey prevent for una walahi. E go clear for una one-day...

2 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by nairanaira12: 8:34am On Mar 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It is politics. Waiting for Mr Obaseki to apologise to Lagosians for Edo no be Lagos ad.
check my signature for free stuffs!

They are different, you idiot

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Komu1048(m): 8:44am On Mar 22, 2023
Danisaint112:

You mean because he wanted rigging in Sanwo Olu and was rejected or because he refused Igbos to vote. You think I am a fool.

The attack you guys carried out against Igbos are all over the internet. You think we are fools. I honestly and truly pray same prayer for my people.

If Nigeria can't be built on unity, equity and fairness then let everyone answer their papa name.

I truly want Igbos to be from Nigeria. So that you Yorubas will marry another wife then compare.

It would be a thing of joy to realize you Yorubas have merged with the Hausa-Fulanis, trust me the day you all say una no want the marriage again because of Islamization na then Una eye go clear.

That fight wey Igbos fight una go fight am and still loose and still get Islamized because an average Yoruba man is a weakling and can't stand up to to an average Hausa man (don't argue with me I live in the North) plus you region has been damn so compromised.

Una no wetin Igbos dey prevent for una walahi. E go clear for una one-day...

you think this is funny? My prayer is one of your relatives a gentle and easygoing one will face what he faced in the hands of wicked tribalistic bloodthirsty miscreants then u can now come here and claim it's Soludo. Don't worry

2 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Softmirror: 9:05am On Mar 22, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Yorubas hate adeleke. By yorubas, I mean Tinubuu urchins. Any politician not loyal to Tinubu is an Omo ale to you all.

If Tinubu supported Gbadebo, you little monkeys will all fall in line like a park of cards.

IS THAT THE REASON WHY LABOUR PARTY DID BADLY IN ANAMBRA STATE? BECAUSE OBI IS NOT THE ONE ON THE BALLOT?! grin

3 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Danisaint112(m): 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2023
Komu1048:

you think this is funny? My prayer is one of your relatives a gentle and easygoing one will face what he faced in the hands of wicked tribalistic bloodthirsty miscreants then u can now come here and claim it's Soludo. Don't worry

Speechless dunce. This is all you could come up with. A man Bruce's in the lips compared to multiple brutal attacks Igbos got in almost every Creek in Lagos.

The prayer you prayed is what will happen to you supporter of criminality and thuggery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Buhari: I Won’t Tolerate Electoral Malpractices In 2023 / Beg Obasanjo & Be Saved- Fani-kayode To Jonathan / Anxiety In Presidency, Security Over 2019 Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.