Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,183 members, 7,867,425 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:51 PM

How I Got Scammed Thousands Of Naira Just To Get Signed Into A Record(My Story) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Got Scammed Thousands Of Naira Just To Get Signed Into A Record(My Story) (1161 Views)

My Friend Got Scammed By Side Chick – Ossai / See How I Was Scammed When I Wanted To Record My Song(pics) / How I Got Scammed Of 10k By Lavita Ricca Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Thousands Of Naira Just To Get Signed Into A Record(My Story) by kyber(m): 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

brotha, you paid them because you were gullible enough to believe that they were gonna give you a recording contract and that you will become the next Burna boy and/or Wizkid.... just like a donkey going after a carrot!

now listen, if you have talent/skills etc, NOBODY will make you pay to sign a recording contract... not a Kobo!

How was I too know that?
I had nobody to guide me or inform me until now

Even at that, didn’t you hear when I said they texted me and not the other way round?
I wasn’t expecting to pay anything until I was asked to pay
I just risked it. That’s doesn’t mean I’m not talented
Check my audiomack page , through my signature
Re: How I Got Scammed Thousands Of Naira Just To Get Signed Into A Record(My Story) by Irupetepete: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
kyber:

Yes I have lots of them
On my audiomack account

You can search for boykyber - tire
On audiomack
I already listened to it...
Re: How I Got Scammed Thousands Of Naira Just To Get Signed Into A Record(My Story) by kyber(m): 4:09pm On Mar 21, 2023
If I had a chance to meet them physically like they had an office with studio equipment and everything but I was required to buy form and I saw that everything is legit I would still have paid … it’s based on past experience but I never knew this was a scam
There was an Entertainment I joined in 2012.

They had a studio and everything,it was like a platform to groom artiste also but I filled their form with 2500 and bought wine and buscuits.
After I joined I started producing music for free and going to shows and featuring in promotional music videos even though it wasn’t a big label but it was set out to push you to a particular extent so I thought this recent one was.

If it were to be Donjazzy it is different but I don’t know the deal with new labels or how they run their things which was why I risked it at the begging
Re: How I Got Scammed Thousands Of Naira Just To Get Signed Into A Record(My Story) by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
kyber:

How was I too know that?
I had nobody to guide me or inform me until now

Even at that, didn’t you hear when I said they texted me and not the other way round?
I wasn’t expecting to pay anything until I was asked to pay
I just risked it. That’s doesn’t mean I’m not talented
Check my audiomack page , through my signature

bro there is nobody else to blame here but YOU
A) you should have known better, by educating yourself on the world of entertainment and music contracts.
B) the internet is your friend, stop looking for people to guide you, and instead educate yourself on the ins and outs of the world you want to join. not all contracts are good contracts...ask Wizkid regarding EME!
C) just because someone text you, doesnt mean you shouldnt use your head any longer in order to decide whether they are genuine or not.
D) nobody said you were not talented, i am just saying that you are stoopid for paying money to scammers with cheap BS tricks. do you know how easy it is to go on audiomack and find millions of people desperate for a recording contract?
E) did you even see the contract they were gonna have you sign....or were you just so desperate to be the next wizkid/Burna that you didnt care what you were about to sign into?!?!?
Re: How I Got Scammed Thousands Of Naira Just To Get Signed Into A Record(My Story) by kyber(m): 4:25pm On Mar 21, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

bro there is nobody else to blame here but YOU
A) you should have known better, by educating yourself on the world of entertainment and music contracts.
B) the internet is your friend, stop looking for people to guide you, and instead educate yourself on the ins and outs of the world you want to join. not all contracts are good contracts...ask Wizkid regarding EME!
C) just because someone text you, doesnt mean you shouldnt use your head any longer in order to decide whether they are genuine or not. ?
D) nobody said you were not talented, i am just saying that you are stoopid for paying money to scammers with cheap BS tricks. do you know how easy it is to go on audiomack and find millions of people desperate for a recording contract?
E) did you even see the contract they were gonna have you sign....or were you just so desperate to be the next wizkid/Burna that you didnt care what you were about to sign into?!?!?

I learnt the hard way I guess
A story to tell when the going gets better

Thanks a lot

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why Some Or Many Married Women Fear DNA Testing? / Distant Relationship / What's With This Marriage Rings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.