Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? (2461 Views)

Is It Incest To Sleep With A Second Cousin?? / The Girl I Am In Love With Is Dating A Military Man Who Beats Her Up! / An Incest Birthday [18+] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Warl0ck: 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2023
My best friend is really confused.

There happens to be a girl he loves.
He tend to find out that the girl is his second cousin (the same great grandfather).

So now, he is planning to marry the lady but is confused if it could be an incest.
Although he havent made the lady know of his intension yet.
Pls is it legal for them to marry ? Or an incest?

He reached to me for advise but dont know what to tell him.
So i decided to bring it here.
I will show him the opinions from here, at dawn when i reach his domot.

Pls ur opinions, advice, suggestions needed.
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by sulakishop(m): 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2023
Hmmmmm

As long as it's not too close (at least, up to 4 generations apart) , it's allowed and not an incest

2 Likes

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2023
They are related by blood and as such an INCEST

7 Likes

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2023
call it what you want...INCEST, INBREEDING etc... it is wrong. let them go find someone else to marry, love isnt by force!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by virginprincess(f): 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2023
Abeg there is nothing like second cousins to me anything after first cousins is no longer considered as family hence I can do anything with them.

5 Likes

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:29pm On Mar 23, 2023
Family is Family

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Warl0ck: 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2023
post=122000080:
Family is Family
then the person you are dating now is family since we came from thesame adam.

9 Likes

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
Warl0ck:
My best friend is really confused.

There happens to be a girl he loves.
He tend to find out that the girl is his second cousin (the same great grandfather).

So now, he is planning to marry the lady but is confused if it could be an incest.
Although he havent made the lady know of his intension yet.
Pls is it legal for them to marry ? Or an incest?

He reached to me for advise but dont know what to tell him.
So i decided to bring it here.
I will show him the opinions from here, at dawn when i reach his domot.

Pls ur opinions, advice, suggestions needed.

As long as you are related by blood its unacceptable...
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:42pm On Mar 23, 2023
Warl0ck:
A good point there also.....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Warl0ck: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2023
post=122000372:
A good point there also.....
nlfpmod
Frontpage
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Mynd44: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
call it what you want...INCEST, INBREEDING etc... it is wrong. let them go find someone else to marry, love isnt by force!
Actually, it isn't incest.

Cousins are not direct family members and the gene pool has been diluted enough.

Marrying cousins is not a sin in both Abrahamic religions (Christianity and Islam), it is not legally wrong and it is not biological wrong either hence there is nothing preventing it.

It is just weird. Thats all

7 Likes

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2023
Mynd44:

Actually, it isn't incest.

Cousins are not direct family members and the gene pool has been diluted enough.

Marrying cousins is not a sin in both Abrahamic religions (Christianity and Islam), it is not legally wrong and it is not biological wrong either hence there is nothing preventing it.

It is just weird. Thats all

as much as it is indeed very weird, i think that there is a bigger INBREEDING/INCESTUOUS part to play here, as they are both GENETICALLY RELATED (even if it is only about 5%)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Kiddogarcia(m): 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2023
Once you consider them as family in the first place, just let it go.
We've got over 7 billion in the world bruh.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho

6 Likes

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Mynd44: 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

as much as it is indeed very weird, i think that there is a bigger INBREEDING/INCESTUOUS part to play here, as they are both GENETICALLY RELATED (even if it is only about 5%)
There is about a 3-6% chance of birth defects which some people are willing to take.
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2023
The blood of his uncle/aunty is also his relative. It is incest.
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
Mynd44:
There is about a 3-6% chance of birth defects which some people are willing to take.

although the percentage is exactly the same (if they were not related) the whole issue is about that person being part of your family. this is probably someone you meet at every family gathering etc, and it doesnt sit right IMHO. their fathers are direct cousins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by manfronthesky: 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2023
if DNA analysis should be conducted in many small villages/communities, it will turn out that all of them are descendants of a single ancestor

2 Likes

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by mankan2k7(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2023
I know it is you.

1 Like

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by SavageResponse(m): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2023
Warl0ck:

Tell your friend that marrying the lady will predispose his kids to certain diseases
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Warl0ck: 5:06pm On Mar 23, 2023
Thank you everyone, he is actually reading it...
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by excanny: 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
Of all the millions of people unrelated to you, it's your bloodline that you see to date.

You guys are mad as in literally. Fcuck.

5 Likes

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Exmilitant(m): 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2023
Family is family bro..

But it is hard seeing a wife material in one of your many sisters from your greatgrand mother's side and not able to wife her.
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Holybaddo: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
😂😂😂😂😂
They can't get married if they are Igbos,
Other tribe no problem
But If they are both Hausa it might bring small talk

The thing is how confident the guy is
If they both strongly agree to marry who can stop them
All everyone can do is to talk
But if they are Igbos omooh na Abomination ohh

2 Likes

Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Holybaddo: 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
excanny:
Of all the millions of people unrelated to you, it's your bloodline that you see to date.

You guys are mad as in literally. Fcuck.

They will say love is blind comrade
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by seanwilliam(m): 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2023
Warl0ck:
You’re already justifying incest. Since you know it’s good, no need bringing it on here for cheap validation
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Warl0ck: 8:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
seanwilliam:

You’re already justifying incest. Since you know it’s good, no need bringing it on here for cheap validation
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Warl0ck: 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2023
seanwilliam:

he was with me that time.

He told me to type it, and i did.
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by meobizy(f): 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2023
This was what made thunder fire one man in my village. Nairalanders are cursed.
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by labake1(f): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2023
The term "cousin" already signified both of you as family. So brother, many fishes dey river
Re: Is Dating Ur Second Cousin Considered An Incest? by Peskid147: 9:24pm On Mar 23, 2023
Well so far it cousin it is an act of incest but there are some tribes in Nigeria that sees nothing in it .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gal Dating Crazy Naija Man: Pls Help Me / Financially Abusive Men? / Superwoman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.