Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East (7847 Views)

Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu / Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help / 80 Million Pounds Real Estate Owned By Foreign Official (nigerian?) Seized In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by Warl0ck: 11:23am On Mar 24, 2023
So sad that there is no afonjan estate in the east grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by Gboom: 11:31am On Mar 24, 2023
coldzobo:

You hate for Igbos will lead to your untimely death.
you guys are always peddling lies against us
My dad employed the services of Cameroonians when he was tiling his house in the village.
Small boy like you has threatening me because of my opinion based on fact where there is video evidence.
You will be the one to die untimely because I cannot hate anybody, but I hate negative attitude in anybody displaying such irrespective of tribe or religion.
Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by mejai(m): 11:41am On Mar 24, 2023
Igbos practicing one Nigeria since time immemorial. Which other tribe fit leave their enclave and develop it. Other tribes busy having lofty and covetous eyes/spirit to takeover someone's property. Na pepper Dem go blow for their eyes grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by maivd: 11:42am On Mar 24, 2023
FreedomArmy:
My brothers let me clear your doubts. You guys are too laid back and love staying in your brown roof republica and hardly have time to travel and see what is going on in other parts of the country.
Alaigbo is not for lazy,smelling, hydraulic soup guzzling,ewedu eating foools. You must have money before you buy land in Igbo land.
If your region is good for investors we will hear from other sources,you don't have to travel to canada before you know it's the right destination. Good news spread like wind abi did you have to travel to Jerusalem to know that Jesus is Lord?

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by mejai(m): 11:43am On Mar 24, 2023
Warl0ck:
No mind them. If only Igbos get their kind mentality, live in one room or carry Mat dey sleep for ur biz area, then return ur money home, Nigeria for better. Who u go threaten?
Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by DeOTR: 11:45am On Mar 24, 2023
agadez007:
Mention how many Yoruba with estates in south south
Yoruba are almost like Hausa,they don’t buy land outside
A Yoruba man developed the largest Estate in the entire West Africa, Gwarinpa Estate.
However, I was denied the joy of owning a landed property in Owerri, just because I'm not Igbo and you'll expect such people to allow me build an Estate there?

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by agadez007(m): 11:47am On Mar 24, 2023
DeOTR:

A Yoruba man developed the largest Estate in the entire West Africa, Gwarinpa Estate.
However, I was denied the joy of owning a landed property in Owerri, just because I'm not Igbo and you'll expect such people to allow me build an Estate there?
FCT?,congratuations

now mention one in the whole of south south abi those ones too don’t sell land to you too?
What’s the name of the estate in owerri

1 Like

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by Nice2023(m): 11:50am On Mar 24, 2023
Afamed:
Those who can not accommodate others at Alaba market in Lagos state, how can they accommodate you in their own states

See who is talking.

Where have u visited in the east and they stopped u from establishing ur business.

Currently in Abia state,a yoruba guy won the state House of assembly without a noise.
Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by maivd: 11:50am On Mar 24, 2023
JOemmy:
The hausa/fulanis and yorubas committed genocide against the igbos in igboland during the biafran war some of those that committed these actrocities are still alive till today plotting and scheming against the igbos politically so why should these same people have the confidence to go and invest heavily in the land of the people they massacred years ago? It's not just logical.
Igbos drew the first ethnic blood,they where the ones who killed other tribes first. Subsequent attacks sprang from the first coup.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by Proudlyomonna: 11:56am On Mar 24, 2023
Gboom:

Small boy like you has threatening me because of my opinion based on fact where there is video evidence.
You will be the one to die untimely because I cannot hate anybody, but I hate negative attitude in anybody displaying such irrespective of tribe or religion.

Liar grin grin You Tribalist are a big shame to humanity,una supposed be animals grin
Tribalist from whatever Tribe are a big manace to any Society They operate in.

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by dalass(f): 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
Paretomaster1:
Why will any sane person invest where his investment is not safe
They always cry that Dangote don't invest in the East, they forgot how many of his trucks theyburnt down.

As it stand Dangote cement driver don't go to South East at all because they are being targeted.

When the Igbos start treating other Nigerians the way other Nigerians treat them in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja etc, Peole will start investing there.

Daft people who kill themselves for stupid reasons like 'we don't want elections to hold, we want Biafra, don't go to work on Mondays" .You think they can accommodate others? Won't they kill strangers?

They are scared of their own people. That's why they run away from home. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by dalass(f): 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
maivd:

Igbos drew the first ethnic blood,they where the ones who killed other tribes first. Subsequent attacks sprang from the first coup.

They called for war. They get war. War finished them, they are forgiven. Yorubas gave them their properties back.

They have not learnt anything because of strong head. They are repeating the same cycle again

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by BUSINESSMAN2: 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2023
Paretomaster1:
Why will any sane person invest where his investment is not safe
They always cry that Dangote don't invest in the East, they forgot how many of his trucks theyburnt down.

As it stand Dangote cement driver don't go to South East at all because they are being targeted.

When the Igbos start treating other Nigerians the way other Nigerians treat them in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja etc, Peole will start investing there.
can you show me the one you have invested even in your ow village
Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by Gboom: 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

Liar grin grin You Tribalist are a big shame to humanity,una supposed be animals grin
Tribalist from whatever Tribe are a big manace to any Society They operate in.
Una don dey come out abi
The question is, in ya village how many non iboes get own house for there?
Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by seanwilliam(m): 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2023
From business perspective, I don’t think it makes sense leaving Lagos , Ibadan and Abuja behind and going to invest in real estates in places like Enugu or Ebonyi.

I think the demand is higher in southwest also insecurity is another issue.
Truth is , your investment is safe here compared to south east.

And like I said on a thread the other time , I can only go to south east for special assignment like contract , marriage etc, whatever will make me leave south west to Husle, then I’ll rather process yankee or europe .
It’s just common sense, it has nothing to do with tribalism or hatred.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by wirinet(m): 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
JOemmy:

Most igbos have actually moved on but those who claimed to have won the war are actually the ones who have vehemently refused to move on and give peace a chance they continue to plot against the igbos politically like what the world just witnessed in this past presidential election. All those countries u mentioned above that fought civil wars most if not all prosecuted and jailed those that were found guilty of committing genocide a crime against humanity but that wasn't the case with those that fought the biafran war that is simply why the mass murderers were emboldened to continue with their actrocities till date in nigeria. Without justice and equity there can never be peace and complete closure.

What do you mean they continue to plot against the igbos politically? Politics is a game of power, intrigues, alliances and strategy. If you lose out today, you go back to to drawing board and restrategise again. You don't shout "civil war", marginalisation, etc, everytime you lose out politically. Remember the Yorubas felt they were marginalised by President Jonathan, what did they do? Instead of threatening other Nigerians with civil war and secession, they formed an alliance with the Hausa/Fulanis to remove Jonathan. After that the Yorubas strategized to take over the presidency.
Now what did you guys do? You guys started employing blackmail and threatening secession because you lost out after Jonathan. IPOB started insulting everybody including Yorubas, Fulanis and anyone who does not support them. Kanu became a demigod to the youths and the elders instead of cautioning him remained silent. Now the hatred he sowed is beginning to germinate, yorubas are responding, even the nigerdelta who were at the receiving end of kanu's insults are just watching. The worst of it is that IPOB made the Igbos politically irrelevant by their stupid sit at home and no elections in the east declarations.

Luckily they now have a Peter Obi. If the igbos are wise, they should rally around Peter Obi, Peter Obi has support more from other Nigerians than even igbos themselves. Prominent igbos including members of Ohaneze, Governor Soludo and Givernor Wike did not support Obi.
Afenifere supported Peter Obi, Retired Nigerian Generals including T.Y. Danjuma, Obasanjo Supports Obi. Even if he is cheated this time around, with the right alliance, messaging and strategy he will surely win the next election.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by johnpaulbuddy(m): 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
PandoraObi:
Stop using your status to judge everyone, don't let your poverty mentality crush your life, millions of yorubas are multi-billionaires and millionaires, your shackled mentality can be detrimental to your future.
I am not talking about million of yorubas,I am talking about Yu,Yu never rent house wey yu go live,na land Yu wan buy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by blingxx(m): 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2023
marlow1962:
Watch them run and hide now.

Btw...the person above me lacks sense.

My dad use to work for mtn towermast in 2009/10 in pH where he almost got killed twice by armed men , even his colleague was later kidnapped in 2013 and huge Ramson was demanded , omoh nobody told my dad before he relocated back to abeokuta for his own safety

Why on Earth will anyone invest in such region? undecided even dangote doesn't invest in the east . Even your own people are running down to Lagos to live a peaceful life , you think you are making sense bah ?
Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by franchasofficia: 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:

It's proof that investors run from your region
Investors didn't run from war torn countries like Syria, Yemen, Somali, so u have no excuse for your cowardice undecided
Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by blingxx(m): 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
Warl0ck:

Nobody wants to buy land in erosion and flood bruh grin isn't that the reason why your brothers are running down to Lagos ? FYI East is dangerous and overrated asf , why should I leave my state where land is cheap and affordable ?

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by blingxx(m): 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
Goodday90:
I really doubt that Yorubas are educated,they are comparing their docile brothers to daring Igbo men
It’s just like asking for Hausa people investments outside the north when we all know that majority of Hausa will rather sleep in the bush than rent the least one room apartment
While they are it,they should also mention one Yoruba building in Calabar,Akwa ibom etc but I can give you many of Igbo man investment in those states

See this oponu grin have you ever seen any hausa man buying land for his personal use in Lagos ? hausa pple just want to make their money then take it to their village/farm lands to invest and marry plenty wives nothing concern them with politics in SW undecided they respect themselves pass you pple

1 Like

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by emmaodet: 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2023
Omoh
Na WA ooo

See as my brothers they struggle to defend Yorubas.
Hmmmmmmm
Well, I don't know much about east but I know many Yorubas who have houses in PH, warri, abuja, north in general.
This question should be answered by Yorubas in the east. Na Dem dey there. Na them go fit talk.
Na the ones wey I don go, see I talk
Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by wanimo: 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
Afamed:

Where is the 60% left for Lagosian? Or you are blind to read 60% is for Anambra
this one has been so blinded that he can neither read nor comprehend what is written
Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by wanimo: 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
blingxx:

Nobody wants to buy land in erosion and flood bruh grin isn't that the reason why your brothers are running down to Lagos ? FYI East is dangerous and overrated asf , why should I leave my state where land is cheap and affordable ?
We come to Lagos and buy swamps, sand fill it and turn it to beautiful places, then you turn around and become envious and jealous.

As long as you are envious and jealous of successful people, you are bound to remain poor and in abject poverty

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by dontiky: 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2023
franchasofficia:
This is a proof that Igbos are the agent of national development in Nigeria because Igbos are the only tribe that own estates and businesses in all the 36 states of Nigeria and Abuja.

No matter how tough any region or community is to none indigenes, Igbos will always find a way to overcome it and establish their footprint in that community.

Nigerians ought to respect Igbos for this singular quality
i know a man from benue state that once had set up this grain grinding machine in Enugu only for one Igbo man to claim he was the owner that the man was only managing it for him and the shocking thing is that all the people in the community conspired against him because he was not Igbo. That man and his entire family hate Igbos and will never trust an Igbo person. I am not Yoruba I am from benue and very close to the east but Igbos don’t see us as their brothers. We even bear same names same mode of worship and traditions but yet the Igbo man consider us as Hausa

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by Goodday90(m): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
blingxx:

See this oponu grin have you ever seen any hausa man buying land for his personal use in Lagos ? hausa pple just want to make their money then take it to their village/farm lands to invest and marry plenty wives nothing concern them with politics in SW undecided they respect themselves pass you pple
nna gi oponu

What my business with your amala politics?
Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by BanyXchi: 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2023
stanbright:
Lol,Tell me of another western states apart from Lagos that isn’t smelling with red roofs.For your information the lagos was even developed by the igbos
Osu no where in your blighted yEast is fit to call a city. Don't compare your red mud dilapidated erosion-ravaged poverty-stricken shithole region to the West your people keep flocking to everyday. When Lagos was getting developed, your Osu forebearers were still naked tree hopping with monkeys in your mosquito infested forests.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by Goodday90(m): 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
dontiky:
i know a man from benue state that once had set up this grain grinding machine in Enugu only for one Igbo man to claim he was the owner that the man was only managing it for him and the shocking thing is that all the people in the community conspired against him because he was not Igbo. That man and his entire family hate Igbos and will never trust an Igbo person. I am not Yoruba I am from benue and very close to the east but Igbos don’t see us as their brothers. We even bear same names same mode of worship and traditions but yet the Igbo man consider us as Hausa
where he go buy machine them no give am receipt and the man no fit report to authorities,maybe baba done sell the machine chop money use that one lie give him people to save him face

I had an uncle who was sent to Lagos to take money to somebody,a huge amount of money that year,he went to lodge in ashawo quarters,ashawo carry money run,he told village people that he was beaten blavk and blue,they later found out from people around what really happened

Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by Goodday90(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2023
BanyXchi:
Osu no where in your blighted yEast is fit to call a city. Don't compare your red mud dilapidated erosion-ravaged poverty-stricken shithole region to the West your people keep flocking to everyday. When Lagos was getting developed, your Osu forebearers were still naked tree hopping with monkeys in your mosquito infested forests.
lagos Lagos Lagos
I expected you to mention your town/homestate
Re: Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East by tishbite42: 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
dontiky:
That's what you are
You think the Igbos are stupid enough to forget what happened during the Civil War.
Your story about the grinding mill might be true or false but Igbos have suffered worse on the hands of Nigerians.
The houses the Igbos owned were consficated during the war

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos, Ogun & Akwa Ibom To Get Four Deep Seaports / What Does It "Cost" To Build A University. / Buhari Set To Attend AU Confab On Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.