Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,775 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:39 PM

FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road (5586 Views)

Kano State Starts The Conversion Of Waste To Wealth / Pictures Of The Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Express Today / The Federal Government Today Flagged Off The Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Enug (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by buzcenter: 10:27am On Sep 19, 2011
make dem do am oooooooooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by Sike(m): 11:18am On Sep 19, 2011
Me think Benin-Ore road should be the prioritgy.
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by chino11(m): 11:19am On Sep 19, 2011
Anambra is the priority for GEJ
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by werepeLeri: 11:27am On Sep 19, 2011
Sike:

Me think Benin-Ore road should be the prioritgy.

This is already being done - passed through this road two months ago and the Benin end is completed - work is undergoing towards Ore.
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by mrewe: 11:29am On Sep 19, 2011
Enugu-Onitsha road is crying for repairs. FG please hurry up!!
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by 2sleek2NV(m): 11:42am On Sep 19, 2011
i was on that road (Awka - Enugu) in july and i can say that road needs quick attention. just like the Ore section of this end needs URGENT attention . i was in a 3hrs traffic on a 2km stretch of the ore road (Mc Loph died on that road just last week). on the enugu section, i saw a terrible a terrible accident where a bus was trying to avoid a pot hole , tyre burst and the car tumbled. good thing is no 1 died on the spot but there was this rev sis who had a broken skull, some gal had glass pierce her eyes, broken arms (this 1 no b tem say cos the bus i was on stopped to help). the rain would be a big constraint for any contractor on that road due to the muddy nature but its good they are considering it.
Like someone said, the govt can embark on general refurbishing of all roads in the country at the same time if they wont be selfish and award the contract to people that are competent and would do a world class job (and not family n friends who will start the job and under 2months stop work. Onitsha - owerri road used to be as bad as awka - enugu but now a sight to behold. lets hope erosion doesnt take over the road
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by oohunt: 12:49pm On Sep 19, 2011
@alj_harem

You have struck a cord. How selfish and s.t.u.p.i.d can you be in your statement:

good work but I think it is not the priority right now

the Niger bridge is getting weaker by the day and so is the thrid mainland bridge because of lack of maintance

also a very important rroad that has killed thousands is the benin-ore road

this are the more pressing issue rather than onitsha-enugu road

Who told you that the road in question is not priority just because you have not lost someone you know on that road??
Let me tell you, I lost my Uncle on that road (a bus full of passengers returning from a burial ceremony, all died except the driver). So don't even start and please keep your selfish and s.t.u.p.i.d comments to yourself.

Instead of one to be happy that at least some progress is occurring somewhere in the country you have to come here and say it is not priority, ok, go and tell FG to stop the work.

Anyway, thank God and I am happy that they are planning to work on the road, more lives can be saved thus.
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by Rafaell(m): 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2011
4 thos who claim dat d road dznt tak much livs as "they wuldv desird" letme jugle ur memry bak2 2009

A loaded petrol tanker jumps a pothole & tumbls ova, spilin its 33000 litre content @d Ontsha end aroun d forma NYSC camp @Umunya. As otha side of xpress ws impasable, vehcls hd 2mov slowly navgatin aroun d fallen tanker &ontop of d fuel soakd road. Ds contnued til an un4tunat car scrapd its exaust (eyewtnes say) on d tarmac &ignitd fire.
Acordin 2press repots, loss o'livs dt resultd fm d inferno ws abt 60
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by engrj(m): 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2011
May God help dem & see dem true.
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by otokx(m): 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2011
Both this one and the other at benin - ore need immediate attention; not just a palliative work.
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by Fidelo726: 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2011
Rafaell:

4 thos who claim dat d road dznt tak much livs as "they wuldv desird" letme jugle your memry bak2 2009

A loaded petrol tanker jumps a pothole & tumbls ova, spilin its 33000 litre content @d Ontsha end aroun d forma NYSC camp @Umunya. As otha side of xpress ws impasable, vehcls hd 2mov slowly navgatin aroun d fallen tanker &ontop of d fuel soakd road. Ds contnued til an un4tunat car scrapd its exaust (eyewtnes say) on d tarmac &ignitd fire.
Acordin 2press repots, loss o'livs dt resultd fm d inferno ws abt 60

I believe we could have gotten you clearer if only you could right clearly and stop this mobile phone texting format you are using - it really makes comprehension difficult.

For those against the move to commence work on the Enugu/Onitsha exp/way, I think you better have a rethink.
When the government is trying to make things done you complain and when they aren't  moving you still complain.
The road in question is as useful to those in the east and to every other person plying that route.
Do you want the government to stop the road until the Ore road is complete? Please have a rethink cos I think the government have done their investigation and analysis very well.
Do not wait to be a victim before you appreciate the effort.
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by sley4life(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2011
it should be completed not done in parts
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by aljharem3: 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2011
@ ALL

Now i can the see the famous quote from Bakare that "Nigerians are fools ruled by id.iots". I think we should reflex on those words. I do not intend to insult any poster here

The first comment I got was " He is awori yoruba etc" Now tell me, how does that aid the discussion ?

Others calling names etc. But what is their contribution ?.

Majority of u people are living in the SE and as such would like ur area developed right !! Yes i agree to it

but think of it. this same road I am talking about has claim more lives of people living in the east than onisha-enugu road

but ofcourse majority of u all can not see pass ur nose so as to make an objective critical discussion.

Now the most reasonable post was "The Fg can repair those roads at the same time" that to me is a good way of thinking but we know they would not do such

werepeLeri:

Dont mind him- likes of him goes all over NL bullying others with opinions that hold no water.

Are we in primary school that I am bullying u about ?

have you seen me with a horse wipe or a fist ready to be landed on ur faces . what exactly do u mean by bullying

grow up and leave those childish sentences like bullying. abi i don bully u before undecided
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 19, 2011
alj_harem:

@ ALL

Now i can the see the famous quote from Bakare that "Nigerians are fools ruled by id.iots". I think we should reflex on those words. I do not intend to insult any poster here

The first comment I got was " He is awori yoruba etc" Now tell me, how does that aid the discussion ?

Others calling names etc. But what is their contribution ?.

Majority of u people are living in the SE and as such would like your area developed right !! Yes i agree to it

but think of it. this same road I am talking about has claim more lives of people living in the east than onisha-enugu road

but ofcourse majority of u all can not see pass your nose so as to make an objective critical discussion.

Now the most reasonable post was "The Fg can repair those roads at the same time" that to me is a good way of thinking but we know they would not do such

Are we in primary school that I am bullying u about ?

have you seen me with a horse wipe or a fist ready to be landed on your faces . what exactly do u mean by bullying

grow up and leave those childish sentences like bullying. abi i don bully u before undecided

Sir, you are not getting your points across. You implied that the enugu-onitsha road is of less priority. People die on both roads everyday, so the number doesn't make one of higher priority than the other. Even if the roads were fixed to perfection, people would still die along them. As at the last time I passed through Ore-Benin road, they were working on it. So, it is not wrong for the government to work on the Onitsha-Enugu road. It is a federal highway and is of equal importance. The govt doesn't have to finish the Ore-Benin road before it decides to work on another one.
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by OAUTemitayo: 7:25am On May 26, 2016
asha80 or asha90 since 2011 yeye dey smell.
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by asha90: 7:29am On May 26, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
asha80 or asha90 since 2011 yeye dey smell.

See the one we want FG to repair first..LOL

https://www.nairaland.com/3127767/bad-state-road-after-heavy
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by superstar1(m): 7:29am On May 26, 2016
I am sure some of the renowned NL bigots have been cruising on 240km/h on the 12 Lane expressway, their Hero promised and completed for them.

5% can never see what the 95% saw in their Hero ------- incompetence, corruption and gross ineptitude.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Urges Nigerian Youths To Manufacture Weapons Instead Of Staying Idle / Wike Says He Will Send Buhari To His Ancestors On Live Tv / Shocking! No Hausa Has Ever Ruled Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.