Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely (13937 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Otitijerome(m): 10:26am On Mar 26, 2023
Madam you and your family should leave the church. Don't confront him physically you can call him. But leave that church.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Mummytoo: 10:26am On Mar 26, 2023
dnawah:
run from that church.u remain there u miss heaven.

I will but not urgently ...after few months I have forgiven him already, but what he did is giving me doubts about other prophecies, so I'll leave to a non - prophetic church

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by lishman1010: 10:30am On Mar 26, 2023
Ma, God is not a respecter of person as such we are all first and formost children of God psalms 82:6
However his position as a pastor is a sacred office God gave him for the eddification of the body of christ; so the fact that u are grudged is an indication that he did not fulfil the scriptures Eph 4:11-12
And going to met him is scriptural Matt.18:17
Fod bles you for ur sincerity shalom.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 10:34am On Mar 26, 2023
Go and give testimony in church then use that opportunity correct all that the pastor said that didn't happen.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by WantsandMore: 10:35am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:

Every one is scared of him, u know those kind of pastors that what they speaks comes to pass so nobody dare correct him or confronts him, he usually teaches us that confronting a man of God is a sin that comes with great punishment, but I don't believe it because I haven't seen it in the bible, the bible is my manual for life
as it should be but the Bible teaches us to respect authority, going through the elders would mean you r a person of wisdom, but pethaps you could discard this & escalate it via confrontation, cos we always don't have the full answer, whatever happens next would be the consequences of your actions or inaction, don't forget, you brought this reality upon yourself & your household which you admitted it greatly helped. Well pray to God to guide your steps though.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:36am On Mar 26, 2023
neonly:

Naso one church help to destroy my own marriage
Church is overrated I swear just find peace in your heart with yur maker
Exactly my point,bro.
God will see you through.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Mummytoo: 10:37am On Mar 26, 2023
WantsandMore:
as it should be but the Bible teaches us to respect authority, going through the elders would mean you r a person of wisdom, but pethaps you could discard this & escalate it via confrontation, cos we always don't have the full answer, whatever happens next would be the consequences of your actions or inaction, don't forget, you brought this reality upon yourself & your household which you admitted it greatly helped. Well pray to God to guide your steps though.
Thank u dear

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by bong4(m): 10:38am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

I'm eager to know if its wrong to confront a pastor, because all my life I hate going pastors for anything, something happened on Monday, I didn't know who else to talk to ....so I went to the alter to pray and met with my pastor, I explained what happened between my husband and I and he settled the matter sweetly . I was so happy to have peace and joy back in my marriage till yesterday (Saturday) pastor called me out of that plenty congregation and told d church everything including what my husband has been hiding for years, he even added more things that didn't even happen to the story😂. I was just quiet and respectful since I wasn't expecting him to behave like that.

He prayed for me and I just left, he started getting angry that I can't even praise for my healing me or dancing round, I was just shocked at everything happening I left to the backyard and later went in again.

Immediately I got home I told my husband how he's image has been tarnished in church for what he didn't do, we had a misunderstanding and pastor said he flogged me (that didn't happen)

Is it wrong to confront him....
Coz I will act like I'm going to testify and correct that wrong impression he said about my husband

Just one time experience with pastor is killing me like this

Someone attacked your family like that and you are talking of approaching him politely?
Someone you would have confronted right there in church the moment he called you out. Dey there dey play!
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by pansophist(m): 10:38am On Mar 26, 2023
Authority that can not be questioned is tyranny.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by naturefellow(m): 10:38am On Mar 26, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

Pls forgive me if I sound too harsh but I feel the pain of being so embarrassed and having your trust crushed.

PLS MADAM, Leave such church and go somewhere else.
PROPHECY is by the spirit, not by stories from private confidential counseling.

FIND A COUNSELOR FOR YOUR MARRIAGE THAT IS NOT A PASTOR BUT A PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR... you will have peace
#1. Pastor lacks discretion. Seeking cheap popularity by revealing confidential and sensitive details from counselling session. Pastors act as counsellors, but he must be very ethical. Can only share stories with consent, and anonymity of the counselled.

#2. Secular counsellors or therapists are better off, if they can be afforded.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by postmann: 10:41am On Mar 26, 2023
paxonel:
maddam, simply leave the church he is not a pastor. But before you go, request that he should return all the tithe and offering you have been paying him since you started coming to the church. If he refuse to give you back your money don't worry, just let it be and go, God will judge.

Everything you said was on point except returning tithes. That's plain dumb.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Waffarianman(m): 10:42am On Mar 26, 2023
Stop going to that church and whenever the pastor ask you and your husband anything kukuma tell ahm he fvckup and move on. Na so my matta just b ooo

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Ever8090: 10:44am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

I'm eager to know if its wrong to confront a pastor, because all my life I hate going pastors for anything, something happened on Monday, I didn't know who else to talk to ....so I went to the alter to pray and met with my pastor, I explained what happened between my husband and I and he settled the matter sweetly . I was so happy to have peace and joy back in my marriage till yesterday (Saturday) pastor called me out of that plenty congregation and told d church everything including what my husband has been hiding for years, he even added more things that didn't even happen to the story😂. I was just quiet and respectful since I wasn't expecting him to behave like that.

He prayed for me and I just left, he started getting angry that I can't even praise for my healing me or dancing round, I was just shocked at everything happening I left to the backyard and later went in again.

Immediately I got home I told my husband how he's image has been tarnished in church for what he didn't do, we had a misunderstanding and pastor said he flogged me (that didn't happen)

Coz I will act like I'm going to testify and correct that wrong impression he said about my husband

I quoted you directly so that you will get my message clear and make sure you act on it.

First, that man is not even a man of God, he just used that event to upgrade his trade of merchandising the word of God.

Remember that your husband's image us at stake her to the glory of one con man's business, do you need to redeem the innocent man's image by making the correction publicly to hearing of the congregation that there was a misunderstanding to that story.

If the pastor do not like your action or even pray f he likes it, ..still quit the B/center and look for a church and start attending rather than following such a being
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Bahamas95(m): 10:44am On Mar 26, 2023
Any day my wife discuss our matrimonial issue with pastor marriage go end dat day.....I don't give a damn about these pastors. Most of them are pastopreneurs.

Corporate fraudsters in suit.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Uchedizzy(f): 11:05am On Mar 26, 2023
SuperiorIQ:
MINI IMPORTATION GUIDE 2023.
Importation business has made many people wealthy easily compared to other businesses or services. Some people are like "which business can I do as a side hustle or fully" . With proper Mini Importation guide, you can buy and sell without leaving your comfort zone.
You can start Importation business with little amount such as N50,000. Partner with us today to expand your business, Join others on our WhatsApp group and learn the following:
--How to search for hot products.
--How to import cheaply from China, Dubai, Brazil, UK,Turkey etc.
--How to get products delivered to your door step.
--How to know if items are original or fake before importation.
--How to connect directly with manufacturers (No agent)
-- How to buy first grade Bales of UK used clothes and baby collections.
--- How to market your products (e-commerce)
--- Costly mistakes newbies make in Importation.
__ Don't forget, knowledge is power
WhatsApp No. in the photos:
Am interested
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by DJInfluence: 11:08am On Mar 26, 2023
Don't confront him. Wait for the next testimony time, pick up the mic and testify that God has opened your eyes to the lies your pastor told. When you are done, leave the church and don't look back. It's what I'd do.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by excellencyabia1: 11:08am On Mar 26, 2023
Confront sounds like quarreling with him but i prefer the word " talk to" nevertheless, one of the characteristics of a pastor is in secret keeping. Even if he wants to reference an issue he shouldn't call your family out that sounds embarrassing. So go talk to him but i have my doubt that you can ever feel comfortable there again even other's will find it difficult talking to him about personal stuffs.
Take heart
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by missionmex(m): 11:11am On Mar 26, 2023
On the pulpit no, outside the pulpit why not.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by ignatiuschinedu(m): 11:12am On Mar 26, 2023
Don't confront him, instead confront yourself for involving another party into your marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by kwasoly(m): 11:26am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

Which church be that first make I confirm something.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Mummytoo: 11:28am On Mar 26, 2023
bong4:

Someone attacked your family like that and you are talking of approaching him politely?
Someone you would have confronted right there in church the moment he called you out. Dey there dey play!

Immediately I started objecting they quickly removed the mic from my mouth. God is seeing all of us including the pastors
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Mummytoo: 11:32am On Mar 26, 2023
Ever8090:
I quoted you directly so that you will get my message clear and make sure you act on it.

First, that man is not even a man of God, he just used that event to upgrade his trade of merchandising the word of God.

Remember that your husband's image us at stake her to the glory of one con man's business, do you need to redeem the innocent man's image by making the correction publicly to hearing of the congregation that there was a misunderstanding to that story.

If the pastor do not like your action or even pray f he likes it, ..still quit the B/center and look for a church and start attending rather than following such a being

Thank u dear, today as I came out for testimony I declared how loving my husband is, and that I'll marry him again even in my next life.
I can't even look my pastor in d face again, God will help us
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by PythonPros: 11:36am On Mar 26, 2023
Confront and politely. An oxymoron

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Mummytoo: 11:37am On Mar 26, 2023
Natbrowny:
There are always a good 3rd party to tell these things but we instead tell our religious leaders who would wanna take credit for solving problems.

I advise you confront the pastor and tell him not to publicize your matter in public when next you come to him for advice or to settle matters.

Your husband? How wonder how he'll feel when he walks by and members say
. Na dat yeye man dey beat him wife.
The courage u had to even tell him, hey husband, pastor has tarnished ur image in church for what u didnt do.
Pastor got the information he used from you and added spices to it.

Ur reply sounded funny, I first him down and told him not to be angry that something serious happened he got upset, I did damage control when testifying that my husband is the best man
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Mummytoo: 11:38am On Mar 26, 2023
Nebes:
Regardless of the spiritual blessings and possibilities resident in some pastors they are still humans. If there is any sense at all, just take the 'sense' out of the 'nonsense'.

You now know your pastor's weakness - poor human relationship. Be careful the next time you open up to him/her.
Thank u dear
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Originalsly: 11:39am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:

It's not wrong to confront him ... and how you want to do it is the right way. After all .... you are going to testify. Bear in mind ... the Bible warns you that there will be wolves in sheep's clothing ... not everyone that says he is of God is of God ... and it is for you to discern from their words and actions who is who. Now how can this man be of God when he a flat out liar? ... scandalous? ... a man of loose lips or unbridled tongue? .. a family divider? ... and said all this to the congregation with you being present? ....how can he be of God? Now that you've discerned the wolf in sheep's clothing you should no longer respect him as a pastor and have the courage and confidence to go up and set the record straight in front of the very congregation. You should not allow him to tarnish your husband's name publicly and confront him privately. He will not allow you to say much so you have to make your point clear and fast.
He is looking to be praised ....so I would suggest you start on that note to swell his head.

May God be praised and whatever problems we face let us take it to Him in prayer. There is no marriage without problems and all such problems can be sorted out through prayer. I had mine... and took it to Pastor... and I'm here to testify that he listened ... prayed about it and the problem was no more. It happened so fast ... I wasn't expecting it to go away so fast ... God really works in mysterious ways ... I also wasn't expecting what I said in private to be made public nor expected to hear lies added on to bring down my husband ... things that I never said were said and I would very much like Pastor to confess before you about the lies he added on ... like my husband bla bla bla .... and bla.bla.bla ... how can a man of God be doing such? ... for what purpose?. Pastor?

It doesn't matter what he says ... church people already knew he was wrong to tell them your story .... and added lies. When they shove you away and be marching you out of church let not thine mouth he silent ... keep testifying ... that now you know he is a busy body and anyone with ears should take note. Make that your last visit to that so called church. Expose him you must.
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Mummytoo: 11:39am On Mar 26, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
Very wrong, what the pastor did.
Pastors must learn how to control their mouths. Making someone the point of reference while preaching is wrong. Very wrong. Too much talk leads to lie, that's why pastor even added jara to the story.

What is your hubby saying about it?

He got upset, I begged him and did damage control today while testifying I corrected everything

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Mummytoo: 11:42am On Mar 26, 2023
DavSagacity:
What you have resolved to do is the best. Use the guise that u want to testify to explain what happened and politely correct the wrong things he said about your family before the congregation. . That Pastor cannot be trusted with family issues and secrets
The main point is that other families will learn from you not to involve him in all their family matter.
Thank u dear, I did that while testifying today, but I didn't say I told him some of the things he said because if I talk somehow they will remove the mic and correct u, its that bad, I have forgiven him, I pray my husband heals too
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Mummytoo: 11:44am On Mar 26, 2023
Analyst7:
No it’s not, but always make sure u have good intentions not just for show off or to be seen as a tackler
Thank u dear, I corrected everything while testifying today
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by Mummytoo: 11:46am On Mar 26, 2023
VIPAFRICAN:
Stay in your house U say no. Now Pastor don use ur Family matter shine for Public grin
U are funny, no man is an island, we humans need each other
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by JustcallmeFavou(f): 11:52am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

It is good to seek counsel but mind who you seek counsel from or open your heart to.

Most pastors, you will open up to them. And the next Sunday in church your matter will be the topic or sermon to be discussed. A few will do you the favor of not mentioning your name.

A pastor has betrayed me once, my partner betrays me each time we have the littlest misunderstanding. So now I have learnt to seek counsel from the word of God or the Holy spirit. That way no one will hurt or betray me in terms of sensitive things I confined in them with!
Re: Is It Wrong To Confront A Pastor Politely by colestephan86: 11:56am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummytoo:
Good morning nlanders

Happy Sunday to u all

First you should never approach anyone including your pastor that you have not satisfied as matured to handle any matter be it marital or otherwise.
Your pastors are not superhumans you can confront them when the F.up.
I remembered my pastor in mfm that year, we do business he no wan pay my money, I wrote to olukoya direct.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Today Message @ Dunamis International Gospel Centre / Brëast Feeding A Man In Islam / You Niggaz Are Crazy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.