Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,340 members, 7,815,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? (29159 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Causes Sharp Decline In Generator Sales In Nigeria- Traders / Wema Quarterly SME Webinar: Impacts And Opportunities Of Fuel Subsidy Removal / Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Aukeibado(m): 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Good
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by MT: 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
vivalavida:
Na to sell my car oo.
I can't be buying fuel at that price. Sell the damn car, add money and process japa things

Funny you. You better stay. Japa is worse - Road Tax, Expensive fuel, Car Registration, Insurance etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by jaxxy(m): 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Apc na person?
Just asking..

pdp na person? Just asking.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by gloryman91: 1:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
Build refineries for the country and stop deceiving us.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Angelfrost(m): 1:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
ChristianMuslim:
Nigeria will be great again with BAT.. whether you are igbo or Hausa or Calabar or Yoruba.. We will do it together as one... We shall overcome

Nope... We won't do shit together!

We didn't unite during EndSars!

Failed to unite during COVID-19!

Chose Ethnicity and religion during last 2 major national elections!

Nigerian unity is a ship that has long sailed and capsized!

It's every man for himself... Every Mallam with his tea kettle!

Jungle don mature... It's now survival of the fittest!

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Busu001: 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
Uhm. Buhari has distablized a lot in the process of stabilizing them sad so unfortunate of us all.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Erickymania: 1:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Akshow:
Leaving 9ja....Best decision ever
na u sabi. We dey 9ja my dear country and Naija go better. Nigeria shall be great again.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by johnjose68: 1:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
When Jonathan removed this subsidy years ago and fuel was N140, all the nigerian GOs + politicians entered the street in the name of protest.

But I wonder how Nigerians are now enjoying fuel even at N200 today

Continue to cry. On Asiwaju's mandate we stand. Where do you stand? On Pandora
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Femmyfamous4u(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
I already have solar powered inverter and intend to cash out with a business.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by seguno2: 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
Felabrity:
I read APC supporters will be buying fuel at 120 per liter

Yes o.
And those who protest among them will chop double beating- one from Tinubu’s hands and the other from those of us who warned them not to vote in the rogue.

2023: We’ll remove fuel subsidy even if Nigerians protest – Tinubu

December 23, 2022

The former governor said if elected he would take bold decisions that would turn the nation’s economy around.

Tinubu declared that Nigeria would not continue to subsidise fuel consumption in neighbouring countries.

“How can we subsidise the fuel consumption of Cameroon, Niger, Benin Republic?

“No matter how long you protest, we are going to remove the fuel subsidy”, he vowed

https://dailypost.ng/2022/12/23/2023-well-remove-fuel-subsidy-even-if-nigerians-protest-tinubu/?amp=1
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by stepaside2: 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
With subsidy removal, oil price at $70/barrel and current exchange rate, petrol should retail at between N280 and N350 per litre

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by seguno2: 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
johnjose68:
Continue to cry. On Asiwaju's mandate we stand. Where do you stand? On Pandora

How can you stand on Tinubu’s rotten manhood when Remi was enticing her fellow senator Dino to take over and lubricate the area
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Killermamba: 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
Adexgentle005:
It is going to get ugly soon!
This is what will start another brutal protest
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by krushdripper(m): 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
So so bad news everywhere
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Bluffly: 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
Akshow:
Leaving 9ja....Best decision ever
Fuel is not cheap outside Nigeria as well. It is even more expensive
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by tamdun: 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
GoodbutBadguy:
Trying to save, earn and invest in USD or Euros, it's high time to start buying things in bulk cool
I'll rather invest in gold

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by EastAlchemist: 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
Angelfrost:
For resisting Jonathan's subsidy removal several years ago only to elect those who stood by you idiots in opposition who now need to remove it after all these years... Y'all deserve to SUFFER!

This subsidy scam has overstayed by at least a decade!

Imagine where this nation would be by now if this had been done when our economy and global economy wasn't this bad, when we still had a flourishing economy!

The impact then will be nothing close to what is coming!

I honestly don't pity any Nigerian living in Nigeria!
Seconded
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by OndoRaph(m): 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
xristos:
What is fuel subsidy in lay man english pls?
Government incures some costs in order to make fuel AFFORDABLE. Now they are saying they want to stop, the buyers should rather buy at HIGH price. Truth is fuel on a normal without gov subsidy is something costly. Its more like, on a normal pure water is N30 for example, then gov says each time you buy the gov pays the seller N20 which you don't see then you are always left to pay the seller N10. Now gov says we want to stop paying N20 on your behalf. So you are to buy 1 pure water nw for N30

9 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Jlow2: 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2023
Even at 2000 per liter they will still tell you it's still subsidised , apc supporters will buy at 100 naira, any Yoruba that complains slap him

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by gannod(m): 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2023
No repairs of old refinery, no new refinery. No audit of NNPC for over 7years and the parting gift is the removal of subsisidy.SMH!

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by COMPAQ(m): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2023
While I support subsidy removal, I am disappointed by the approach!!

By now, I would expect Govt, Labour and the organized private sector to have formed a powerful committee to determine the best way to mitigate shocks to the economy. The impact of the subsidy removal will be material, but with proper planning, at least the government can help the citizens. If I were in charge, amongst the things I would do prior to subsidy removal would be as follows:

1. Revise the minimum wage for the lowest cadre of workers in the public service. Someone earning minimum wage of N30k should move to say N80k. But it doesn't mean those earning N500k need to be topped up.

2. Get the private sector to also top up everyone's salary by a fuel supplement of say N20k per month.

3. Order like 5000 buses for intracity transport that are fueled by CNG for the largest cities in Nigeria - Lagos, PH, Abuja, Onitsha, Kano, Kaduna, Ibadan, Owerri etc to help reduce transport costs.

4. Encourage private sector bus drivers to also convert their vehicles to CNG in the larger cities impact the larger parts of the population

5. Aggressively improve electricity supply by proper regulation and monitoring of the DISCO's. Thankfully the recent constitution amendment gives States the capacity to get involved in electricity matters.

6. Encourage digital means of doing business in the public and private sector to discourage the need for a lot of driving around. If I can conduct most of my business online, why do I need to be driving around so much.

7. Resolve issues, bottlenecks that cause people to spend a lot of time in traffic in our major cities. We cant be spending 4 hour a day in traffic in lagos per day at N750 per litre o.

8. Provide tax incentives for full payment of solar installations for homes and businesses

9. Create a fund to help people migrate to solar at low interest rates (or even zero interest rates in first 5 years). Those who access this fund do not get the tax incentives.

10. Make importation of new and/or used electric, plug in hybrid and normal hybrid vehicles free of duty and levy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Jokkarm2: 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
A001:
Fuel subsidy is expected to be removed next month or in May before President Buhari leaves office on May 29, 2023.

Stakeholders in the Nigerian oil and gas sector have asked Nigerians to prepare to buy petrol at a rate of N750/Litre when the subsidy is removed.

How are you preparing for life after fuel subsidy removal?

It is unfortunate that the only thing the Government thinks of is hardship to Nigerians, subsidy can be removed but strategically removed. first of all, how many refineries are functioning to refine the crude? What steps are they using to remove it? 25%, 50% ? there many many things to put in place before removing it so that the price will not go as high as 750 per liter. they can do the first removal by 25% removal while they will make sure that all the refineries are working properly before increasing it to 50% removal .

secondly, all the people that looted fund for subsidies for ten years back, what is the way forward to recover all they looted?

what are other measure to ensure the price does not go up to 500 a liter?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by davidl7: 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
A001:
Fuel subsidy is expected to be removed next month or in May before President Buhari leaves office on May 29, 2023.

Stakeholders in the Nigerian oil and gas sector have asked Nigerians to prepare to buy petrol at a rate of N750/Litre when the subsidy is removed.

How are you preparing for life after fuel subsidy removal?

At least traffic no go too much again for Lagos road.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by idu1(m): 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
B3sty:
First, I will Stock My House with Food Stuff that can last me at least for 6 Months. Food stuff like Rice, Beans, Egusi, Palm Oil, G4 etc.

Once there is an Increase in Fuel, Price of Food stuffs are most likely to Increase.

In other words
FRANCIS ANIWETA IS A CRIMINAL & A COMFIRMED SCAMMER. God will Purnish Him in his Current Location In UK.

What is G4?

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Chetas81(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2023
IS LIKE NIGERIA CITIZENS ENJOY HARDSHIP AS WE FORBID REFINERY
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by bonnyhope: 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2023
Ayilara1:

I guessed all the three presidential candidate said they will remove subsidy after all.

Removing subsidy is not really the problem, where will the money go to that is the problem.

One of the preparation someone can do is to quickly do or upgrade your solar system, if truly fuel will be #750.

The challenge will be felt more in transportation which will eventually shoot up the prices of other commodities. Running generator Sets is optional
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by frank14011991(m): 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2023
millionboi2:
Tinubu sworn that he is going to remove subsidy.

No matter what Igbo ppl go survive, I pity my northern brothers.
na you they feed northern people now

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Chetas81(m): 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
jaxxy:

pdp na person? Just asking.
you forgot to ask your leaders why dey forbid refinery
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Treadway: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2023
Angelfrost:

Nope... We won't do shit together!

We didn't unite during EndSars!

Failed to unite during COVID-19!

Chose Ethnicity and religion during last 2 major national elections!

Nigerian unity is a ship that has long sailed and capsized!

It's every man for himself... Every Mallam with his tea kettle!

Jungle don mature... It's now survival of the fittest!
aptly put! Nothing more to add!
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by skj1377(m): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2023
NLC will go on indefinite strike so Tinubu will have to return the subsidies till we stop importing petrol. How does a country use dollars to buy what they have locally.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Djele: 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2023
The protest go mad
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by LoveTalk(f): 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2023
God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Suspends International ATM Withdrawals/POS Payments / People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote / J-Force: Jumia In Trouble Over Fraud In Affiliate Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.