Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,724 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? (29143 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Causes Sharp Decline In Generator Sales In Nigeria- Traders / Wema Quarterly SME Webinar: Impacts And Opportunities Of Fuel Subsidy Removal / Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by ModCaller: 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
Elsueno:
why do u think d govt is rushing to increase salaries that won't even make much of a difference....price of a lot of things would almost double sha..

But we go survive by d grace of God
Almost double?

It will triple
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by hollamie(m): 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
Are you tired of scrolling through endless social media ads promising you quick riches with minimal effort? We want to hear from you!

Share your insights and experiences on the various schemes you've tried to make money online.

From affiliate marketing to dropshipping, let your voice be heard and help others avoid the pitfalls of online money-making schemes.

Join the conversation now and let's navigate this digital landscape together.

check this out: https://forms.gle/BxSM9QRqL7qGSkDh7
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Brush1: 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Subsidy or no subsidy….me and my family will survive ☺️💯

This the reason the country isn’t making progress . Don’t just think about you, how would others survive. This a good way to reason. We only care about ourselves, same way as the useless politicians have conducted themselves so far. So, your statement demonstrates that if you find yourself in power, you would only care about your self and family . Kindly change this mindset.

8 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Squirrel1(m): 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
millionboi2:
Tinubu sworn that he is going to remove subsidy.

No matter what Igbo ppl go survive, I pity my northern brothers.
are you guys any Richer?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Karleb(m): 2:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
I do not give a fvck! undecided

I expect Tinubu to remove subsidy if Buhari eventually does not, remember the first thing Buhari did was to put fuel price to N145.

They have the history of wrong and terrible decisions.

una never ching chong ching! grin

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by CodeTemplar: 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
Generally speaking:
-- First is for every petrol generator user to look sideways at renewable like wind, solar or biogas.
-- Second is to go into food business or even farming.
-- Third option is to just sell petrol powered assets and invest in anything investable.
-- Fourth is to demand APC relinquish the stolen mandate they holding onto. PDP And LP may not have different plan or approach towards subsidy but the party who mismanaged it the most doesn't deserve to oversee its removal.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Karleb(m): 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
ModCaller:

Almost double?

It will triple

Expect at least X4 of the current price of transport and commodities.

It's going to be a very long 8 years. grin grin
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Epinbiz(m): 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
E go come and go nooni

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by CodeTemplar: 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Karleb:
I do not give a fvck! undecided

I expect Tinubu to remove subsidy if Buhari eventually does not, remember the first thing Buhari did was to put fuel price to N145.

They have the history of wrong and terrible decisions.

una never ching chong ching! grin
My problem with the subsidy of a thing is the total mismanagement of it. The govt seem to be saying they cannot manage distribution of cheaper fuel within Nigeria but can perfectly manage the money subsidy removal will bring. That's a dummy being sold to Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Phantom233: 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
When Jonathan removed this subsidy years ago and fuel was N140, all the nigerian GOs + politicians entered the street in the name of protest.

But I wonder how Nigerians are now enjoying fuel even at N200 today
Which of the Johnathan is that cos the one that led Nigeria left over 7years ago angry
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Karleb(m): 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
CodeTemplar:
My problem with the subsidy of a thing is the total mismanagement of it. The govt seem to be saying they cannot manage distribution of cheaper fuel within Nigeria but can perfectly manage the money subsidy removal will bring. That's a dummy being sold to Nigerians.

They are idiots! Have they ever been able to manage anything in their lives. Can they even manage their health.

If they had any iota of sense, they should know removing fuel subsidy will have a butterfly effect on the economy.

How can they know when their either into drugs or too slow to pass waec? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Babaflenjor: 2:28pm On Mar 28, 2023
tunapawizzy:
Nigeria can actually afford to subsidize until infrastructure are fully in place for a full deregulation..... You cant be spending a lot of money to maintain the extravagance of the political class and turn around to claim there's no money to subsidize.....
If heads of govt agencies have funds to live so large and appoint needless advisers,
if presidency can afford to still have a bloated travel team on foreign trips,
if the legislative arm of govt can still afford feed fat on the resources of the country,
if the state governors can still afford to be spending billions on campaign and electioneering activities
then the country should be able to afford funds to subsidize until a refinery/refineries is/are in place to meet local demands AND ofcourse a proper competitive market is supported NOT a Dangote Oil & Gas Industry, because i am yet to see how self-sufficiency in cement production has brought down the cost of building houses in Nigeria

Wow this is the type of comments that make me to believe Nigeria still exists, the comments that make me to believe that people who can think positively still exists, the comments that make me believe there still intelligent people here on nairaland. The comment is not tribalistic, not political and no religion bias JUST SIMPLE AND DIRECT ON SUBJECT MATTERS 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by adioolayi(m): 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2023
I have an Hyundai i10 2012 a 1.2 Engine manual model with 36 Litres tank capacity..

I can't trade it for anything...

Na to find money spend on am to make it very road worthy..

On a good day, full tank should cover about 550Km.. grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by onyxo76(m): 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2023
MT:

Funny you. You better stay. Japa is worse - Road Tax, Expensive fuel, Car Registration, Insurance etc.
he probably won't need a car over there to move around.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Reference(m): 2:43pm On Mar 28, 2023
Welcome development if it will cause a revolution.
But trust that a hapless, ignorant citizenry will turn on themselves while shielding their oppressors.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Philomath1212: 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
When Jonathan removed this subsidy years ago and fuel was N140, all the nigerian GOs + politicians entered the street in the name of protest.

But I wonder how Nigerians are now enjoying fuel even at N200 today

Nigeria doesn't deserve someone like GEJ...
He's too good, simple, gentle and peaceful...
You need someone like Balablu and Bubu
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by B3sty(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
[quote author=idu1 post=122122403][/quote]
G4 = Garri
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by bayplus: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
barbstee:
It's actually necessary to do

I don't think any government can sustain that.

All the major presidential candidates promised to remove it too

I wish our refinery can function to full capacity.

But...
If only they had allowed GEJ to remove it then

That opportunity has been lost already
It is like a tumor in a body.

The surgery will be neccessary but no doubt painful.

The issue is what has APC done in the last 8years to fix our refineries or encourage private refineries aside from Dangote's refinery.

Personally i know Dangote is a Shylock monopolist. He will milk us dry.

If you do not believe, check the price of bag of cement in neihhbouring Benin and Togo, All the major materias used to produce cement are locally available yet his cement prices are not competitive in price, instead Dangote cement prefer to declare outrageous profit margin to the shareholders.

Most other Cements manufacturers like lafarge are strugling to survive

I honestly do not trust Dangote to help us, his petrol may be more expensive than imported.

Way out,
Get Inverter and a 200ah battery, increase the inverter and capacity based on your financial capacity add Solar panels when you can.

Get Byd Chinese electrical vehicle like Picanto for less than $5000 if you can. Some companies are already using this mini-cars for Uber. They are like Korope or Hi-jet very strong.

It is cheap and durable, most can do 200km before next charging.

You have to be creative to survive in nigeria.

We will not leave this country and become second class in a foreign land for anyone. Nigeria will be better in our lifetime. No one but Nigerians will do it.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by malakaimoscondo: 3:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
barbstee:
It's actually necessary to do

I don't think any government can sustain that.

All the major presidential candidates promised to remove it too

I wish our refinery can function to full capacity.

But...
If only they had allowed GEJ to remove it then
lol buhari remove it...... In the early days of his failed administration... Jonathan only remove partially buhari remove everything....... But has petro price rise for international market plus naira devaluation... The subsidy come back again.... Build refinery they say no fix the existing one they still say no
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by malakaimoscondo: 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Allisgud:
So after subsidizing what will be the benefit to nigerians
more money for politician and their family then more suffering for the voters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Nemesis0147(m): 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
Brush1:

This the reason the country isn’t making progress . Don’t just think about you, how would others survive. This a good way to reason. We only care about ourselves, same way as the useless politicians have conducted themselves so far. So, your statement demonstrates that if you find yourself in power, you would only care about your self and family . Kindly change this mindset.
and what can I do?
Fight the government or lead a revolution?
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by BJanta: 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2023
Yes well, well. I don sell my generator buy inverter.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Tayeni(m): 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2023
Tannhauser:
angry

Subsidy is going nowhere! Not until tha APC explains how Nigerians are consuming 4-5 times more fuel ⛽ under the current harsher economic conditions than they did in 2015.

Dey play.
isn't that the more reason why subsidy should be removed?
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by BJanta: 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2023
millionboi2:
Tinubu sworn that he is going to remove subsidy.

No matter what Igbo ppl go survive, I pity my northern brothers.

These are your that will 'survive"

(2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Un-Follow) (Go Down)

Enugu Voters Induced With Jollof Rice, Okpa – Ex-minister Frank Nweke Jr. by OkutaNla: 7:23am On Mar 25
The candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in the March 18 governorship election in Enugu State, Chief Frank Nweke Jr, has rejected the result of the poll.

The Independent National Electoral Commission declared the Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Peter Mbah, as the winner of the election and governor-elect.

Nweke, a former Minister of Information, who spoke at a press conference in Enugu on Friday, described the governorship and House of Assembly elections as an assault on democracy, insisting that they were not free, fair and credible.

He alleged that the election was characterized by violence, thuggery, intimidation, the use of divisive sentiments, and the weaponisation of poverty against the people.

“In Nsukka, voters recorded and reported gunshots at polling units allegedly instigated by a political party.

“The most vulnerable and impoverished became prey to vote buying by some political parties with as little as N500 or packets of noodles in some places.

“At Udenu, parties competed for the votes of our people with N2,000, a plate of Jollof rice, Okpa, and a bottle of soda. I feel ashamed that this is what our people are worth to some who seek to lead them,” he was quoted by the News Agency of Nigeria as saying.

https://punchng.com/enugu-voters-induced-with-jollof-rice-okpa-ex-minister/
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by leanonme82: 3:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
Everybody should get a bycicle like Scandinivian countries.

Go and buy one now before the price increases o.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by leanonme82: 3:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
vivalavida:
Na to sell my car oo.
I can't be buying fuel at that price. Sell the damn car, add money and process japa things

Buy a bycicle.

If u go to the abroad you cant afford fuel there too. Fuel is N1500 per litre in UK o. Na why benz owners in naija go to UK and start walking ad entering bus.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Makanjuola89: 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2023
How much is a litre of fuel in the country you are relocating to?

Akshow:
Leaving 9ja....Best decision ever
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Guk: 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2023
Tobijays:
is Dangote refinery already operational? And if it is, can it meet Nigeria demands. All these questions must be answered before raising cost of living for ordinary citizens! Will they increase wages( but this happens to be a curse in Nigeria, Government raises the minimum wage everything other thing will be expensive!) the money made from subsidy removal will be for what exactly?. Nigeria is not ready for complete subsidy removal, maybe partial sha

Dangote refinery will sell based on how much it cost it to refine the crude oil. if it buys crude oil at black market forex rate, pls do not expect N185 petrol
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by kellybently(m): 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
Amuluonyenaego:
Buhari and APC will kuku finish this country soon.

USD will surge to $1 to #1500
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Harrynight(m): 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
A001:
Fuel subsidy is expected to be removed next month or in May before President Buhari leaves office on May 29, 2023.

Stakeholders in the Nigerian oil and gas sector have asked Nigerians to prepare to buy petrol at a rate of N750/Litre when the subsidy is removed.

How are you preparing for life after fuel subsidy removal?

If subsidy completely removed
How much will a litre of fuel go for ??
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Ayomivic(m): 4:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
A001:
Fuel subsidy is expected to be removed next month or in May before President Buhari leaves office on May 29, 2023.

Stakeholders in the Nigerian oil and gas sector have asked Nigerians to prepare to buy petrol at a rate of N750/Litre when the subsidy is removed.

How are you preparing for life after fuel subsidy removal?

Ada to ni iyan o mu, omo tie na o ni je tira. Meaning the muslims clergy that said famine would be on the land his own children wouldn't eat Tirah.

Orun ya a no ki soto enikan . meaning heaven is coming down is not the matter of one man.

Let them remove subsidy ,if they do not feel the impact their children or family member would do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Otedola Promises A Little Girl Scholarship For Singing 'Gelato' By DJ Cuppy / 15 Hot Products You Can Import And Sell For Amazing Profits / Zenith Bank Suspends International ATM Withdrawals/POS Payments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.