Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,428 members, 7,815,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? (29161 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Causes Sharp Decline In Generator Sales In Nigeria- Traders / Wema Quarterly SME Webinar: Impacts And Opportunities Of Fuel Subsidy Removal / Petrol subsidy increases by 2,000% in one year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Allisgud: 4:07pm On Mar 28, 2023
malakaimoscondo:
more money for politician and their family then more suffering for the voters
that's why obi called it a scam
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Timiolutomi: 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
millionboi2:
Tinubu sworn that he is going to remove subsidy.

No matter what Igbo ppl go survive, I pity my northern brothers.

Same with Obi and Atiku.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Mamijoh(f): 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2023
A001:

Hypocrisy is the name
Politics is the game
Thank you
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by nnewsnjobs: 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
When Jonathan removed this subsidy years ago and fuel was N140, all the nigerian GOs + politicians entered the street in the name of protest.

But I wonder how Nigerians are now enjoying fuel even at N200 today

Bros were are they selling #200? Because here in Benin City, we are still buying #250+

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by luckingto50: 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
NasMaleeq:
Hmmmmm, subsidy removal again? How much are we now going to be buying our fuel now? May God help us oo

N750
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by sulaak(m): 4:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
When Jonathan removed this subsidy years ago and fuel was N140, all the nigerian GOs + politicians entered the street in the name of protest.

But I wonder how Nigerians are now enjoying fuel even at N200 today

A001:

Hypocrisy is the name
Politics is the game

GEJ was and is a coward. Sanusis (CBN Governor ), Iwella (Finance Minister) and Alison-Madueke (Petroleum) all provided valid arguments that Oil subsidies MUST be removed and the saving invested in refineries and infrastructure.

The Nigeria Labour Congress, Falana, Oshimole, and APC (Tinubu & Buhari ) provided their argument, but the cowards GEJ decided to side with Buhari and Tinubu because he was afraid of street protest.

Despite the billions that Nigeria earned under GEJ, he did not attempt to build or repair the existing refineries, and GEJ did not attempt to decentralise electricity by removing it from the exclusive list.

APC and PDP are both useless and I doubt LP will be any better, but I am please that they are a 3rd force.

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Exceed15: 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
The fools that still voted APC will cry the most..
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Indifferent12: 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
Administration1:
Wait ooo, how much is this subsidy again? Because it was not even upto half the current price of petrol today as at 2014. Each successive government increases it
Subsidy is about 280 if not more, buy the time its remove we will be buying fuel for nothing less than 420, I pity Northerners sha, they will be buying times 2 of the price in the south. Just like how LPG and AGO is more expensive in the north than south.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Exceed15: 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
Felabrity:
I read APC supporters will be buying fuel at 120 per liter

I love this.. don't mind them. Buhari supporters are the ones suffering most now
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Emmasteev(m): 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
Another wahala looming embarassed
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by easytig(m): 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
Let dem remove it na ,I will simply not speed pass 60km/hr lol,na to dey crawl for expressway sure pass to save fue.,fuel usage na management.dont have to be burning fuel anyhow by speeding over 80km/hr to 140km/hr.peeople using big engine like 3.5 litres go buy fuel tire.
adioolayi:
I have an Hyundai i10 2012 a 1.2 Engine manual model with 36 Litres tank capacity..

I can't trade it for anything...

Na to find money spend on am to make it very road worthy..

On a good day, full tank should cover about 550Km.. grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by rickleye: 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2023
Buhari won't remove subsidy, if he does Asiwaju would add it back.
Without giving the citizens the money as cuts via NIN registration would lead to strike action.
You have not completely resolved the stupid naira policy, you want to add another palaver un top. !
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Everbryte: 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
That is still far from being ready. Production not yet in sight.

Asia&Nigerian combo has happened to Dangote wrt the refinery

Tobijays:
is Dangote refinery already operational? And if it is, can it meet Nigeria demands. All these questions must be answered before raising cost of living for ordinary citizens! Will they increase wages( but this happens to be a curse in Nigeria, Government raises the minimum wage everything other thing will be expensive!) the money made from subsidy removal will be for what exactly?. Nigeria is not ready for complete subsidy removal, maybe partial sha

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by chaloskyx: 6:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
By preparing to win APC and INEC at the Tribunal simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by MT: 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
onyxo76:
he probably won't need a car over there to move around.

Depending on the country though, and the cost of transportation, especially the tube and train, isn't that pocket friendly as well.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Akshow: 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Makanjuola89:
How much is a litre of fuel in the country you are relocating to?

How much is the minimum wage in naija?
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by GoodbutBadguy: 8:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Voiceofthestree:

Don’t waste your time go do Ritual
Ritual go cast but the blessing of the Lord is eternal and I thank Him for His blessings grin
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Raxxye(m): 8:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Subsidy or no subsidy….me and my family will survive ☺️💯
In your mind now, you are confessing positive!
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Voiceofthestree: 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
GoodbutBadguy:

Ritual go cast but the blessing of the Lord is eternal and I thank Him for His blessings grin
Forget ritual no deh cast nah the person wah God say he go make am for life nah him Ritual deh work for.... Ritual nah God blessing Devil no get blessings... The mistake way I be deh made before my eye clear... No any money clean for life some people go deh spend money he fit be say nah their parent work am for them way DEM no know some he fit be luck but I sure no money clean.....
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by ogwumgbe: 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
Tobijays:
NNPC has Shares, Banks has shares among others. Dangote shares is less than 21 percent

Yes so Nigerians should not expect eldorado in the refinery, the only thing is that it will create a lot of opportunities for marketers, and create lots of jobs too,
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by jojothaiv(m): 9:55pm On Mar 28, 2023
A001:

Hypocrisy is the name
Politics is the game
Honestly, I don't rate most Nigerians as serious people though.

We can only talk, talk and talk but we are toothless dogs and the politicians know how to press our mumu buttons very well, some angels of light will still beg to differ while darkness remain their guide by the day.

We will get better once we start telling ourselves the truth

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by tete7000(m): 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
brain54:
Buhari is an irresponsible president…

How can you take such an action on the eve of your departure from government.

Without any policies in place to tackle the likely negative effects of subsidy removal?

Create a problem and run away, leave the next administration to face the consequences.

What stoped buhari from implementing this subsidy removal for 8 years. Why now?

Totally irresponsible!
He has always been a daft and irresponsible individual. It must have taken only irresponsible people to vote such a person as a leader.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by COMPAQ(m): 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2023
16inchdick:

Don't know how those stake holders arrived at #750 for a litre of fuel. Even at $80) barrel , it would still retail @ #400naira

So why is diesel N800 then?
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Taigaban: 5:48am On Mar 29, 2023
I think I should consider joining Bode George. For 8 good years no refinery is fixed.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Kruzxx: 7:13am On Mar 29, 2023
Apc supporters will buy fuel at 150 while others will buy at 750

With no tangible infrastructure no stimuli to the economy no improved power supply,no improved rail system and transport system.. with the high cost or running a government..
Politicians have made some vote them based on tribal and religious sentiment.
Where are the protesters of 2012 ,.
They said they will fix power in six months that any responsible government will.. so they have agreed they are irresponsible after 8 years.
Met dollar at 165 official price and 200 black market.. today 465 and 750.. japa syndrome.. where I go stop sef..
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Ray07(m): 9:13am On Mar 29, 2023
MT:

Funny you. You better stay. Japa is worse - Road Tax, Expensive fuel, Car Registration, Insurance etc.
It 100% better than the hell people are passing through in Nigeria.

Basic amenities, none upon all this suffering.
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Sleekfingers: 10:32am On Mar 29, 2023
And be prepare to buy fuel for 700 naira and above ...

It is a welcome development....
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by LordReed(m): 11:00am On Mar 29, 2023
A001:
Fuel subsidy is expected to be removed next month or in May before President Buhari leaves office on May 29, 2023.

Stakeholders in the Nigerian oil and gas sector have asked Nigerians to prepare to buy petrol at a rate of N750/Litre when the subsidy is removed.

How are you preparing for life after fuel subsidy removal?

Buy either an electric or hybrid vehicle and install solar power systems at home. My full tank was 15k at N170, at N750 that is over 60k, makes no sense to continue at that price.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by kelspinall(m): 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2023
reduced it to 150/140 then we will recognize it as a subsidy removal,750 still cost..
Re: How Are You Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by IbeOkehie: 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2023
sulaak:

GEJ was and is a coward. Sanusis (CBN Governor ), Iwella (Finance Minister) and Alison-Madueke (Petroleum) all provided valid arguments that Oil subsidies MUST be removed and the saving invested in refineries and infrastructure.

The Nigeria Labour Congress, Falana, Oshimole, and APC (Tinubu & Buhari ) provided their argument, but the cowards GEJ decided to side with Buhari and Tinubu because he was afraid of street protest.

Despite the billions that Nigeria earned under GEJ, he did not attempt to build or repair the existing refineries, and GEJ did not attempt to decentralise electricity by removing it from the exclusive list.

APC and PDP are both useless and I doubt LP will be any better, but I am please that they are a 3rd force.

I understand your bitterness but your perception of the situation is wrong.

Nigeria is a democracy. If the NIGERIAN PEOPLE wanted changes in the petroleum sector, they should have VOTED for Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 and against anyone in the National Assembly who was blocking the original PIB.

Imagine Nigerians voting for Muhammadu Buhari who told them that fuel subsidy doesn't exist. The thing boggles my mind, just for that LIE nobody should have voted for Buhari. That LIE was one of the major reasons I moved out of Nigeria in 2012. I'm grateful fate gave me that choice, and my view is those who can't get out of Nigeria have more of a reason to always take care to do the right thing.

I've become convinced that something is wrong with the Nigerian people. Really. Something essential has been damaged in their psyche.

Rather than think deeply about what is right, the voters allowed themselves to be swayed by TRIBAL SENTIMENT in 2015.

President Jonathan bowed to the will of the people. The Nigerian people voted for the government they wanted and they're getting the logical results. I believe if Jonathan had been reelected Nigeria would be a much better place today.

And how many people have bothered to read the current APC Manifesto? What POLICIES have Mr Tinubu promised to implement? Are they good or bad, how will they affect the economy? I bet most people haven't bothered to read the publicly available info.

PDP, LP or APC have nothing to do with anything, every people get the government they deserve. Good Luck to Nigerians...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Suspends International ATM Withdrawals/POS Payments / People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote / J-Force: Jumia In Trouble Over Fraud In Affiliate Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.