Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,740 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland (91335 Views)

FG Charges Miyetti Allah Leader With ‘unlawful Creation Of Ethnic Militia’ / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Bobbiee: 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
SEUN I WILL DILIGENTLY REPORT ANY BIGOT I FIND ON THIS FORUM. I HOPE YOU KICK THEM ALL OUT. THIS FORUM MUST BE CLEAN AGAIN. OPERATION CLEAN UP NAIRALAND. I WISH I COULD BAN AS WELL. I WOULD DO SO FREE OF CHARGE.

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by FiremanX: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
You will surely be banned if you don't change your ways. Go through your history and delete every instance before we catch you.
Seun there's a female Nairalander named Pocohantas that goes around using derogatory words on people without her getting banned, I reported her account few days ago and the mods didn't see it and from the way I'm seeing it, there's a super mod shielding and protecting her which is totally wrong.

pls kindly look into that or you can make me a mod, I will be able to frustrate unrepentant trolls, tribal bigots and fake news mongers out of this forum for good. 😎

3 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Pojomojo: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

Is Lalastic back?
I think his been removed since
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Kukutenla: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
Corridon:
Seun take a look at this. The guy first insulted my friend Fahdiga and Fahdiga insulted him back but the ethnic jingoist called Mynd44 banned only Fahdiga while his fellow tribesman is walking free and keep insulting people of a particular tribe. If you are serious about ridding this forum of tribalism then you have to start from Mynd44. See evidence below. This is selective punishment. Seun is it fair? Do justice to this please.
Yeah. This happens a lot.
Same guy is operating omonnakoda moniker.
Such moniker needs to be banned permanently

4 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Pojomojo: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
FiremanX:
Seun there's a female Nairander named Pocohantas that goes around using derogatory words on people without her getting banned, I reported her account few days ago and the mods didn't see it and from the way I'm seeing it, there's a super mod shielding and protecting her which is totally wrong.

pls kindly look into that or you can make me a mod, I will be able to frustrate unrepentant trolls out of this forum for good. 😎
Lies
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by bayplus: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland

Long over due but will really believe you when you match your words and warnings above with actions and sactions.

Until then.......

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by slowpoketinubu: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
You can't shut me up by banning me bst

Everybody knows including you Seun (you said it on twitter) that Mynd44 is an APC member

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Spiff20(m): 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
I guess your moderators will get tired banning because nairalanders won't stop.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
IrawoKross:
What will you do to Mynd44 and his constant abuse of power? Are you trying to turn blind eyes to it?
I told him that I have become convinced that he is biased because I asked him to host the GRV AMA which was good for Nairaland, but he refused. I have told him to work on his bias and try to conduct himself in a way that will convince everyone that he's no longer biased.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by emeths: 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Well done Seun.. I left nairaland when it became too much. Just came back yesterday to check on GAZZUZZ.

3 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Pojomojo:
Lies

Thank you! Seun should check his posts first and see his mentions to me. Then feel free to check mine.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by chinnyonwu(m): 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Welcome development. But i think you should have also added some examples of the words in question.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Pojomojo: 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
undecided
Bobbiee:
SEUN I WILL DILIGENTLY REPORT ANY BIGOT I FIND ON THIS FORUM. I HOPE YOU KICK THEM ALL OUT. THIS FORUM MUST BE CLEAN AGAIN. OPERATION CLEAN UP NAIRALAND. I WISH I COULD BAN AS WELL. I WOULD DO SO FREE OF CHARGE.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by labi1977(m): 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
dododawa1:
Nairaland headquarter of ELUPEE people

Here & Twitter

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Pojomojo: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
wink
pocohantas:

Thank you!🙂
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Cantonese: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
Does it change anything.

The same Seun needs to first change and be the example. All the mods we see are tribalistic.

Nothing will change. Look at all the posts of today. What changed? You can start by taking the all down, if you want some of us to believe you.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by emezuo17: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

. Now you are talking, I and some sane and matured members were already planning our way out of this forum. I hope you can sustain it. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Pojomojo: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
shocked
slowpoketinubu:
You can't shut me up by banning me bst

Everybody knows including you Seun (you said it on twitter) that Mynd44 is an APC member

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Fira09(m): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:

I told him that I have become convinced that he is biased because I asked him to host the GRV AMA which was good for Nairaland, but he refused. I have told him to work on his bias and try to conduct himself in a way that will convince everyone that he's no longer biased.
He refused and you did nothing?

6 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Pojomojo: 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
emezuo17:
. Now you are talking, I and some sane and matured members were already planning our way out of this forum. I hope you can sustain it. Good luck.
A lot of people have left and I shocked it coming after almost 5 years of complaining about it, but he didn't do anything about it

4 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by emezuo17: 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
Davash222:
I'll advise you remove Myndd from the enforcing team cos he/she will only ban people from a particular region.
. Supported 💯

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by NLPoliceWoman: 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Lol...you can ban me but don't make it too long o, or just change my moniker to NairalandOffender. What will you do about with a permanent slur as signature? His signature is tantamount to calling anyone who doesn't agree with him a swine and you allowed him because he advertises under his many monikers. Ijebu man and money ehn.
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 2.
Rule 8.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
N3TRAL:
She knew you'll delete it and you didn't prove her wrong 😂
I'm a no nonsense moderator. She knows. 🤷‍♂️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by iInjureHerYansh: 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
FatimaAbubakar:
If you are banning the so-called ethnic slurs, then it should not be one-sided. There some people here who use derogatory words on others to promote their ethnic group and they seem to be untouchables but when someone else does same, the person get banned.

Take note that there is a moderator on this forum who ban people who do not concur to the ideas of his ethnic group and religious affiliation.
@Seun this is the 3rd or 4th person that has complained about this same moderator only in the first page of this thread.
If you do not do anything to remove the mod from your list of enforcers as pleaded then I am afraid I will see all your attempts in trying to curb the whole situation as useless.
Make I just talk my mind

5 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Pojomojo: 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
Fira09:

He refused and you did nothing?
I wonder who runs this forum, Seun or the Mods

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:

Lmao!!! 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Pojomojo: 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
iInjureHerYansh:
@Seun this is the 3rd or 4th person that has complained about this same moderator only in the first page of this thread.
If you do not do anything to remove the mod from your list of enforcers as pleaded then I am afraid I will see all your attempts in trying to curb the whole situation as useless.
Make I just talk my mind
#fact

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
kad199:
Won't be intimidated by an Afonj. Neva
Seun
Dominique
Mynd44
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by eteba(m): 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
Way to go...kudos!
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by BJanta: 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Thank GOD you don wake up las las .I hope your team will be able to display the intellect, understanding, discipline, scruples and sense of discernment required to do this diligently and effectively.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by labi1977(m): 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
JOemmy:
Nice one after so many years seun have finally decided cleanse his site from those dregs of the earth I even thought he attracts huge traffic from their activities in this forum that's why he left them to thrive unchallenged. Those bigots are potential murderers in real life.

So terrible. And Twitter, I'm getting tired of dat one too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27)

Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol / Meet Aisha Yesufu's Husband Aliu, And Children (Pictures) / President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.