Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,344 members, 7,829,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland (93500 Views)

FG Charges Miyetti Allah Leader With ‘unlawful Creation Of Ethnic Militia’ / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by iHateFraudsters: 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
Better late than never
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Xano(m): 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland
Your moderator with letters "My" from the list you mentioned hide my post.
As i wrote before, we would know when you are serious.

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by omotolsy(m): 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
Oh good to know you are going to be more active on here.

Do as you have said.

Seun:

I have been in a place where I find it difficult to employ new people.I'm probably going to overcome it as I become more active on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by MorningStar233: 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland

When will you add restrictions in Christian related posts? So that before commenting we can swear that we are Christians and believe only in God?

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by EmiDon11: 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
IrawoKross:
Yeah, that's the name I wanted to call
Comrade grin

wetin u dey go do for her profile daily? grin grin grin
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by TheFacelessMan: 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2023
HydraFeeds:
but when Seun said he had brought him back ,the next day homepage was filled with Obi’s post and anti APC’s posts .

The only difference between him and Mynd44 is that the latter airs his opinion on politics once in a while and once declared he’s Yoruba that studied at OAU while the latter does not comment on posts and always post snakes .

When Lala was absent.... Nairaland became significantly cleaner. That's a fact.

They want to use the Obidient Style to take Mynd44 down. And they will. He too is too docile. Unfortunately Seun himself is very very biased and not even hiding it.

7 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by OmoGomesIlorin: 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2023
CodeTemplar:
will you enforce the rules for him?
Rules not enforced are just invitation to anarchy.

It is POssible when he increase the number of Moderators
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Babastrong(m): 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2023
WAHALA WAHALA WAHALA! We don't want peace. they think, they have monopoly of craziness. MAY GOD BLESS ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by mariahAngel(f): 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:

I have been in a place where I find it difficult to employ new people. I'm probably going to overcome it as I become more active on Nairaland.

Yeah. Stay on and improve your own.

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by IrawoKross: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
I disagree. He has an affinity for APC but he is not at all tribalistic as far as I can tell.
That affinity with a politicial party is the reason why he is intoxicated with power to ban people who does not share same political views with him.

A moderator ought to be neutral and practice his affinity at home and not online.

4 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by slowpoketinubu: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
TheFacelessMan:

When Lala was absent.... Nairaland became significantly cleaner. That's a fact.

They want to use the Obidient Style to take Mynd44 down. And they will. He too is too docile. Unfortunately Seun himself is very very biased and not even hiding it.
shouldn't you be asking, why only mynd44?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Electorate: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:

Wow, you are actually right! I just saw this in my inbox:
> I never meant to remove Ishilove, but she resigned after I criticised her
> for going to the market while she was supposed to be working. Well she didnt
> submit a resignation letter, she just started saying mean things to me and
> said that was her resignation.
>
> The main problem between us prior to that was that I insisted that
> she must stop telling lies and half-truths and threatened to sack her if she
> did it again. Was that bad? (I also made her ban her bosom friend who
> clearly broke the rules. Hmm)
>
> Nairaland has reached a point where it is necessary to have moderators who
> are more displined, reliable, etc. People who can be told what to do and
> counted upon to do it faithfully every day. Our competitors are stronger and
> smarter and will surely beat us if we don't get serious.

However, you didn't express yourself the right way. You just broke rule 2 and rule 20. Too bad. 🤷‍♂️

You should have allowed her respond to the above before banning her, it appears you quickly cleared yourself without giving her a chance to do same...na reverse psychology you sharply use seun.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by omeizee(m): 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
It's a welcome development.
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by CodeTemplar: 3:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

It is POssible when he increase the number of Moderators
moderators are paid and don't feed on likes or shares
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by BaddestQueen(f): 3:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Seun, you're being manipulated by this People.

Corridon is thesame person as Fahdiga, Malory.

You'll destroy your forum because we'll leave it for you and those you're pampering angry
you're trying to blackmail Seun aren't you ?

5 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by IrawoKross: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2023
Pojomojo:
The whole idea of business is to maximize profit and reduce expenses.
grin You're right.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2023
Pojomojo:
Why did you check out mentally? What does that even mean? Will Elon musk check out mentally? What kinda of business do you run you check out for over 7yrs?
I've told you what I know. I don't know what else to say. I've been relying on my supermods to supermod. Now I'm rejoining the efforts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Seun(m): 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2023
CodeTemplar:
What about offensive usernames?

Tilumbû?
FûckTheMods?
DrathToMôds?
TastyFrîedPussy?

I am suspecting Elon Musk has DM Seun to ask how much?
We will ban them and delete their bigotted posts.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by slowpoketinubu: 3:42pm On Mar 28, 2023
Aside ads? How the hell do this man even make money from this site?

Should Elon musk buy this website, he will start making Money with it in no time
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Polynek(m): 3:43pm On Mar 28, 2023
Something wey u 4 don do since
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by slowpoketinubu: 3:43pm On Mar 28, 2023
CodeTemplar:
moderators are paid and don't feed on likes or shares
imagine paying 10 mods 50k-100k each every month
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by AMI3(m): 3:44pm On Mar 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Funny.

Did you see his Twitter escapades? This is their arena.

Well, I don't know much about him.
Anyway it is up to him

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by slowpoketinubu: 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2023
IyaTola:
Go an sit down, if you cannot do anything about the insult be hurled against the female on this thread, you are bloody hypocrite commenting on Twitter, Facebook and other socal media but you cannot do it here. Iso nu oshi
insult like which? Post evidence

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Alpharey: 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2023
This is a welcome development. I suffered while trying to defend a particular people. To that mod that banned me few days ago, see you in Court.

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by CodeTemplar: 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
We will ban them and delete their bigotted posts.

Check out this moniker. Lol.
slowpoketinubu:
imagine paying 10 mods 50k-100k each every month

SeûnsWife
GoatAndYamTheôry.
EdoNoBeLagos
NoMansLand
NLToTheDogs

Lol.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by IyaTola: 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2023
slowpoketinubu:
insult like which? Post evidence

Go to the romance section and see for yourself
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by slowpoketinubu: 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2023
johnjose68:

On Asiwaju's mandate I stand.
very usèless act, with all the amendment no single rule breaker was arrested

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27)

General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) / The Moment APC Screening Committee Disqualified Obaseki (Photos, Video) / Unknown Gunmen Declare Cubana Chief Priest Wanted After Killing Ogwu Mozambique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.