Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,307 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. (36893 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by EnterpriseMan: 6:17pm On Apr 02, 2023
larrypourl:

What country has a two year nursing program with an assurance of getting jobs when you're done with the program?

UK, but you must have a nursing background here in Nigeria first. Either from a University or from a Teaching Hospital. Getting a Certificate from a teaching hospital in Nigeria is usually 2yrs. (Or you can buy one illegally which i wouldn't recommend because you wouldn't have the basic knowledge)
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by ccollins(m): 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2023
Tingotoe:
Don't come to Germany
why
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by lendahand(m): 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ijoba85:
Na werey we dey take port werey , you be naija guy na , no dull yourself , compete , you go win
you came to this world to do werey shebi?? No wonder traffic jams once no uniform person is in sight, only in Nigeria...land of werey with short life spans
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by lendahand(m): 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2023
Chetas81:
Stupid language called japa IF YOU REFUSED TO BUILD YOUR MOTHERLAND AND YOU THINK OYINBO MAN BUILD THEIR MOTHERLAND FOR THE NIGERIA CITIZENS THEN THINK TWICE
dey build am we dey show...

2 Likes

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Flames000(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
magzey:

This one can lie like a Planet Eeh?, Jesus grin grin
He has no reason or motive to lie.

Now put your hands on your chest and say I will never be broke in my life.

3 Likes

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
YoungLionken:

You're right with your valid point my nigga..

There are two phases of every typical Nigerian, your point is phase one, the other phase is below..

My bro, you know how the typical Nigerian (mis)behaves when it comes to sharing updates, that would bring prosperity to his fellow. A typical Nigerian gets angry and dangerously jealous when his fellow, is on (or about to start) same page/mission with him. Such fellow becomes a threat to him, whenever he (typical Nigerian) remembers how the fellow might do better potentially..

Those guys up there may know what's important to make you grow but instead, they would hide the relevant updates and feed you with gibberish. Eg, ask them to teach or reveal how they made their millions and see how they would deliberately ignore it. But would rather spend their energy on how "it is not always rosy over there", trying to make you believe that over there is slightly better than Nigeria, women, Tinubu/Obi and other time wasting conversations..

Some of these negros know what they're doing bro...
Yea... That's another angle too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by V9er: 6:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
I totally agree with you,but there's a saying 'who no go no go know'. Firstly if you are not living a low-key life you will get a lot of people asking how you made it, if you are and you still decide to let someone in on it trust me the teaching is not here. Teaching someone from scratch, and when I mean scratch I mean the basics that Google will help you. After that, Nigerians lack seriousness, most of the times they want the money now and if they don't get it in a short time they leave your 'update' to you and words cannot describe how much it hurts after investing time and effort in someone. All this is from experience, and lastly I've experienced putting someone on and he started billing me. There are reasons to it my guy
YoungLionken:

You're right with your valid point my nigga..

There are two phases of every typical Nigerian, your point is phase one, the other phase is below..

My bro, you know how the typical Nigerian (mis)behaves when it comes to sharing updates, that would bring prosperity to his fellow. A typical Nigerian gets angry and dangerously jealous when his fellow, is on (or about to start) same page/mission with him. Such fellow becomes a threat to him, whenever he (typical Nigerian) remembers how the fellow might do better potentially..

Those guys up there may know what's important to make you grow but instead, they would hide the relevant updates and feed you with gibberish. Eg, ask them to teach or reveal how they made their millions and see how they would deliberately ignore it. But would rather spend their energy on how "it is not always rosy over there", trying to make you believe that over there is slightly better than Nigeria, women, Tinubu/Obi and other time wasting conversations..

Some of these negros know what they're doing bro...

3 Likes

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by wisz1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
Bilingualism:
Most people japa because of a second passport and the insecurity in our dear country and their inability to get a job to live up to expectation as a graduate. Or job insecurity from even those who have one.
The future of our kids etc.

Abroad too is not as easy as most people back home think. We are just lucky to be able to thrive amidst stress.

Here you have to be responsible everything comes as mail unlike Nigeria where u will owe your landlord and still be threatening your landlord.

OYINbo no Dey stress na court paper you go see next.

In all honesty there is no place like home. In this abroad my dear nothing like communal living. It’s even difficult to greet someone when almost everyone has an ear piece on. I will advice people don’t sell your property to japa because you might end up been depressed because the grass isn’t greener on the other side, but if you have the means Biko japa. Japa is also educating (traveling)
In the uk where I stay, I went to see my gp and was hungry I went to a restaurant nearby and in that restaurant the only food that seem familiar was pasta.(macaroni) I ordered for a portion but my dear when it came it tasted like mixing boiled unsalted pasted with tin tomato (uncooked tomato paste)and it was cold. I no fit chop am because as I naija person we are used to as e Dey hot🤣.

Also if you want to travel via student route don’t come alone if you have a balance of your tuition try to come with your spouse Biko it makes life easy else you may almost drop out of school.

I will add more shortly

Please, can I reach out to outside here?
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
pocohantas:

This is not true and I am surprised you and Kaycee think this way. We all know how diasporans are hounded on this Nairaland whenever they share insights on careers and maximum achievable pay. It is better they keep quiet and mind their businesses. Maybe keep washing the plates and toilets they are accused of.
Well maybe I'm not completely right tho but sharing the right information regardless of naysayers would have been better than back and forth bickering on what and how our women change or don't change once they've relocated or whom and whom not to marry... There should be better things to share. Information is power, why waste time on trivial issues

2 Likes

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by pocohantas(f): 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2023
Killbillz:

Well maybe I'm not completely right tho but sharing the right information regardless of naysayers would have been better than back and forth bickering on what and how our women change or don't change once they've relocated or whom and whom not to marry... There should be better things to share. Information is power, why waste time on trivial issues

I have seen many of such threads and it ended with people poking holes in their argument. As for exporting woman matter, you know that topic would always be a major trigger in travel section.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Dwightventures(m): 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2023
UnFashionIsta:
Which one is unnecessary fear of Nigerians? Where have you been to that Nigerians are feared?? No dey let inferiority complex worry you, because nobody gives a damn.

Y'all make it seem like being a Nigerian automatically means that you're held to a certain standard. Truth be told, in the west, no one really cares where you're from, except for maybe the color of your skin. Some folks over here can't even place Nigeria on a map. There are a lot more people from other places whose cultures are more widespread and notorious than Nigerians, for good or for bad.

If you dey misbehave and people treat you the way you deserve, that's on you and not because you're a Nigerian. Na to take personal responsibility for your Bleep ups. Nobody's out to get you just because you're Nigerian.

We need to stop looking at things through the lenses of tribalism, ethnicism and low self esteem, otherwise we'll become our own problem.

Maybe na based on the particular country where you dey sha.

BIG LIE. Nigerians have worked hard to earn their special notoriety ALL OVER THE WORLD. Nation of criminals.
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2023
pocohantas:

I have seen many of such threads and it ended with people poking holes in their argument. As for exporting woman matter , you know that topic would always be a major trigger in travel section.
I get it Sha but then it's Nairaland and there are always some set of people just waiting to counter wtv u put forward.
Lol.. the way u said the bold is very funny tho 😁
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by kmaster007: 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
U dey sure
lendahand:
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Babathanks(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2023
Abeg may anybody give me better link to japa ooo🙏, God will bless anybody who help me on this, I can do any work and am also a graduate ooo
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by ugosco82: 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2023
Today will make it 1 month i traveled to Gabon, although everything is calm, just that i don't like the environment that much but they is steady electricity and water, people here don't really care about having so many investments. I am a street mechanic and i have made close tho 700 thousand naira, today being Sunday i am going home with 60k in naira. Money is circulating very well here just that i like Nigeria more than here, i just pray that one Nigeria will be the Nigeria we are all looking up to.

9 Likes

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Babathanks(m): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2023
Aboguede:

I can do all that for you easily and good cost
Hi boss
Please am interested ooo, I will like to have your.whatsapp number so as to know more
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Babathanks(m): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2023
TrentUniversity:
I was offered admission into Trent University Ontario, Peterborough, Canada for a PG Program.
I'm about to apply for my Visa for the September intake, once my visa is approved, i plan to take like 3 to 5 months to learn a skill i can use to survive out there.
I can see that there are a lot of people who has lots of experience abroad.
Someone should suggest a skill i can learn that make me decent amount of wages over there. At least 20 to 25 CAD per hour.

Also, if there is anyone who has live in Canada, I'll appreciate any word of advice
Boss please link me up on that . I also wish to do my PG in Canada but I don't know any way to apply for a school or a visa and I will appreciate if I can get ur WhatsApp number
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Kaycee54321(m): 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2023
pocohantas:

This is not true and I am surprised you and Kaycee think this way. We all know how diasporans are hounded on this Nairaland whenever they share insights on careers and maximum achievable pay. It is better they keep quiet and mind their businesses. Maybe keep washing the plates and toilets they are accused of.

Maybe I haven't come across threads like that oh. It's always those abroad either complaining that conji wants to kill them and they can't bed white girls that easily or conji wants to kill them, yet "importing" a Naija girl to their base is a no-no.

Or they'll complain and complain about how, there's no place like home and how Canada is full of snow, cold, loneliness and boredom.

But then again, NL can be a cesspit so I can imagine if people decide to lock up. Na so one guy dey post e waka for different countries; one dunce was asking him where and how he got the money to be vacationing across the globe.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Aboguede(m): 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2023
Babathanks:

Hi boss
Please am interested ooo, I will like to have your.whatsapp number so as to know more

Which country you go wan enter and what is ur budget
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by studyless123: 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2023
Shokoloko:

Finally someone said it. I totally agree with you. It seems that interracial relationships involving Nigerians and foreigners are worked harder on. A lot of the females and a few of males in my family are married to Eastern Europeans. We are so satisfied with the outcome that once a girl in the family starts to looking to date we start reiterating "Look to eastern Europe".

I encourage our young ones to stop eating heavily, lose the pot bellies, learn to enjoy learning, quit gossip sites and Zeeworld and develop interest in quality conversations and look outside the continent - its a big world out there.

You're correct. I'm glad your relatives are having the best of their relationships. I also love your expression. "It's a big world out there". I find this to be true everyday. Let's keep fit and make the world a better place.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by pocohantas(f): 7:28pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kaycee54321:

Maybe I haven't come across threads like that oh. It's always those abroad either complaining that conji wants to kill them and they can't bed white girls that easily or conji wants to kill them, yet "importing" a Naija girl to their base is a no-no.

Or they'll complain and complain about how, there's no place like home and how Canada is full of snow, cold, loneliness and boredom.

But then again, NL can be a cesspit so I can imagine if people decide to lock up. Na so one guy dey post e waka for different countries; one dunce was asking him where and how he got the money to be vacationing across the globe.

There was one like two weeks ago, maybe a little more. It was a battle convincing people they are doing well, and bought houses, or cars. You know Nigerians in Nigeria know about abroad more than the people there.

3 Likes

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Kaycee54321(m): 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
pocohantas:

There was one like two weeks ago, maybe a little more. It was a battle convincing people they are doing well, and bought houses, or cars. You know Nigerians in Nigeria know about abroad more than the people there.

I dey tell you 😅
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Chetas81(m): 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
lendahand:
dey build am we dey show...
Nigeria citizens comments
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by studyless123: 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
incogni2o:

Your last statement is you rather being sanctimonious.

The same way you said it is the same way some cultures think why on earth shouldn't a man beat a woman.

I am not supporting Men beating Women, but rather saying it's based on people's values and upbringing the way a Man would perceive laying hands on a Woman.

I stopped responding to @MrBrownJay1 so as not to derail the topic.

No. I'm not. List the cultures that support that. That a practice is common doesn't make it acceptable.

There's a reason humans are referred to as intelligent beings. Those are values accepted in the animal kingdom. There's no culture in the world that values beating a spouse. I have heard about it several times, I witnessed the case of a woman beating her man and I called the cops on her. If you want to practice your fighting skills there are sports to do so. If there are issues in marriage there are alternate dispute resolution (ADR).

I'm not sanctimonious, but the practice of domestic violence is an act everyone should kick against. Men and women suffer from it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by ibkayee(f): 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
Sukkot, food dey o

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by sukkot: 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
ibkayee:
Sukkot, food dey o
Am ready to eat. what you got ibkayee

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by ibkayee(f): 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
sukkot:
Am ready to eat. what you got ibkayee
Isn’t this your favourite type of topic?

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by GoodbutBadguy: 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
Isabi4lov:
Women this woman that hun undecided

The hatred for women in this forum is alarming , some men are maltreating their wives intentionally due to what they're being fed here.

If you want to japa , go over there and get a wife to marry.

I don't think I can get married to a nairlander.
Will you marry me wink
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by sukkot: 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
ibkayee:

oh ok I see what you mean grin . You know sometimes you can contribute too much. People tired of seeing my crazy behind in the travel threads. Right now am trolling the politics threads cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by sukkot: 7:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
ibkayee:

lol the pic though. Ipeleng evicted

1 Like

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Mariowynas: 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2023
Pls Nigeria is not for evri body, basic amenity like water, light, road, politicians still campaign with it,while in other clans if you mentioned any of those you have lost election already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Omu Resort Lagos In Pictures (Video) / Homosexuality: Nigerians Now Top Asylum Seekers In Canada / Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.