Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. (36823 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by wavz: 4:36am On Apr 03, 2023
8 years

Did you go as a student or work or how?

bezimo:
Canada is been home for me for over 8 years..no regrets living that shit hole country called Nigeria.

Here you see quite a number of Nigerians to relate with..in church and occasionally at grocery stores. So you are not really alone but most of my friends are white than Nigerians

Here, they dont do anyhow..there are laws..you must obey, traffic laws etc or else wahala

Canadians are typically friendly and helpful, here you often see a Canadian that you dont know from Adam stop and start talking to you on maybe an observation or something around and you should listen..and act interested and laugh..

Here, coming from Nigeria you must learn to be polite..no shout on anybody oh..at work at school etc..

Their girls..they can love oh, are not material or money driven because they have their own money, car etc, once they are in with you its only you, they wont cheat and wont tolerate it either.
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by McStoic(m): 5:05am On Apr 03, 2023
colonelwealth:
This thread is for Nairalanders who have traveled out(relocated) or travel out(foreign visits) either occasionally or frequently.

What are the things; livestyles, culture shocks, cusines, religion, norms, education, government, discoveries that you have noticed in your travels to foreign country/lands that took you by surprise, shocked you, disgusted you or impressed you about your place of visit(country)..?
(Tell us both positive& negative impressionyou had that made you either appreciate Nigeria or criticise Nigeria)

For me: my negative impression was the unnecessary fear for Nigerians.....this made me appreciate Nigerians for their welcoming attitude towards foreigners irrespective of nationality.

While my positive impression was the general contentment and ease with which life is approached.....this made me criticise our mindset of 'get everything by all means necessary " in Nigeria.

I have many other experiences but let me wait for others wink

Pls, add your experiences....

Observer mode activated

1 Like

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by pocohantas(f): 6:43am On Apr 03, 2023
Gerrard59:

I know that thread and even learnt from it. Some people are so close-minded and dogmatic. They believe something can never be possible even though others have achieved it.

I have seen many of them and it goes the same way. I wouldn’t even bother if I were these guys.

cococandy:

And called liars as well

You knowww! If they want to learn, they should enter plane and go there.😀

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Nwachi22(f): 6:52am On Apr 03, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
- Nigerians are some of the smartest and equally most evil person you could meet around the world...one minute you can meet someone who has built great businesses abroad (from scratch) and the next minute meet someone who will willingly defraud someone out of their life saving (to the point that they will commit suicide) in a heartbeat!
- Nigerians can LITERALLY be found in every country of the globe.
- many inexperienced people really do believe that the minute you go abroad, you will start making millions miraculously.
- so many people do believe there are more life/work opportunities in the US/UK/Canada for Nigerians, but i beg to differ....
- although some are ready to kill to leave Nigeria, some are equally ready to kill to go back to Nigeria on holiday pretending they have made it in the west
- people today still go back to the village in Nigeria to find a wife to bring to the west, thinking that this woman ISNT GONNA CHANGE INTO A WESTERN WOMAN (the minute she reaches the west), lol! if you want a village woman, then keep that woman in the village o.
- some people have bought houses etc in the west by cleaning dishes and toilets. not all these menial jobs are as bad as people thing...

This @mrbrownjay1 is quite myopic in his thinking even with his self acclaimed exposures. The way he talks down on women in almost every thread make me wonder if he was birthed by a man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Happycharles(m): 7:17am On Apr 03, 2023
I personally think, this Japa of a thing is being over flogged.

Its the reality that dawns in people when they finally leaves without a good plan. The frustration and the rest.
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Bilingualism: 8:24am On Apr 03, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Why did you say don't come alone to school route japarians?
Hmmm, I have a coursemate who is unable to pay his fee balance , if he had come with his spouse his spouse would have been working paying the bills and paying fee balance.

Because there is limit the number of hours a student can work, 20hours in order not to violate home office rule . To be able to perform in school it’s better to come with a spouse so u won’t be under pressure. As a student the max u can earn as a student is 800pounds you pay rent for one room like 400pounds and food 200pounds , transport 200pounds bills other things . So you know the money can’t even pay school fee balance
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Bilingualism: 8:25am On Apr 03, 2023
saintruky:

If u have or don't have the balance of your tuition?

If you don’t have
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by ibinaboonline: 9:50am On Apr 03, 2023
Okay, I understand now. But can't your course mate find something she can do under the table in addition to the part-time job to enable her pay her fees? I'm not talking about oloshoism.
Bilingualism:

Hmmm, I have a coursemate who is unable to pay his fee balance , if he had come with his spouse his spouse would have been working paying the bills and paying fee balance.

Because there is limit the number of hours a student can work, 20hours in order not to violate home office rule . To be able to perform in school it’s better to come with a spouse so u won’t be under pressure. As a student the max u can earn as a student is 800pounds you pay rent for one room like 400pounds and food 200pounds , transport 200pounds bills other things . So you know the money can’t even pay school fee balance
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by saintruky(m): 10:19am On Apr 03, 2023
Tingotoe:
Don't come to Germany

Why?
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by saintruky(m): 10:29am On Apr 03, 2023
ugosco82:
Today will make it 1 month i traveled to Gabon, although everything is calm, just that i don't like the environment that much but they is steady electricity and water, people here don't really care about having so many investments. I am a street mechanic and i have made close tho 700 thousand naira, today being Sunday i am going home with 60k in naira. Money is circulating very well here just that i like Nigeria more than here, i just pray that one Nigeria will be the Nigeria we are all looking up to.

Nice... Are there any hot in-demand skills over there?
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by saintruky(m): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2023
Isabi4lov:
Okay o

Pity am marry na
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Isabi4lov: 10:35am On Apr 03, 2023
saintruky:

Pity am marry na
Make I marry wey I no get job
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by colonelwealth(m): 10:56am On Apr 03, 2023
Lightway:

You just said vague rubbish

And just wrote absolute rubbish...since you have nothing tangible to add to the topic, stay mute.
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Bilingualism: 11:20am On Apr 03, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Okay, I understand now. But can't your course mate find something she can do under the table in addition to the part-time job to enable her pay her fees? I'm not talking about oloshoism.
The spouse is in Nigeria. Moreover 100k in Nigeria is like £100 pounds here. It’s not easy sending money from Nigeria as it won’t be enough except they are Odogwu in Nigeria
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by ibinaboonline: 11:32am On Apr 03, 2023
That's not what I'm saying. You said before your course mate can't meet up with her tuition balance because of the limited time she's allowed to legally work. So, I asked isn't there since extra work she can do under the table "illegally" to augment her earnings?
Bilingualism:

The spouse is in Nigeria. Moreover 100k in Nigeria is like £100 pounds here. It’s not easy sending money from Nigeria as it won’t be enough except they are Odogwu in Nigeria
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by saintruky(m): 11:49am On Apr 03, 2023
Bilingualism:

Did ur coursemate eventually scale through?

Again, since one is unable to meet d balance fees, can such a person defer the admission while in d UK and perhaps go hustle to raise d fees and continue schooling?
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by saintruky(m): 11:50am On Apr 03, 2023
Isabi4lov:
Make I marry wey I no get job

Two good heads better pass one...
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by ednut1(m): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2023
cococandy:
Okay but she’s paying for those things or at least she’s expecting he pays his fair share since they will most likely enjoy those experiences together as a couple. Is there anything wrong with that?

nothing wrong in that o. The issue is a lot of men are not wired that way. One holiday a year at best for most guys. The men will either expect her to reduce the vacations/ spending in marriage or decline to follow her. Thats where the wahala is 😀

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by shamsin6300(m): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2023
[quote author=colonelwealth post=122157839]This thread is for Nairalanders who have traveled out(relocated) or travel out(foreign visits) either occasionally or frequently.

I am available for your international passport.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Eyegroup: 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2023
Please who know good travel agent that can do visa successfully for me abeg anyone can help me
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Eyegroup: 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2023
bezimo:
Canada is been home for me for over 8 years..no regrets living that shit hole country called Nigeria.

Here you see quite a number of Nigerians to relate with..in church and occasionally at grocery stores. So you are not really alone but most of my friends are white than Nigerians

Here, they dont do anyhow..there are laws..you must obey, traffic laws etc or else wahala see

Abeg you know any agent that can help me trusted one in visa to USA or Canada please this agent have scam me a lot

Canadians are typically friendly and helpful, here you often see a Canadian that you dont know from Adam stop and start talking to you on maybe an observation or something around and you should listen..and act interested and laugh..

Here, coming from Nigeria you must learn to be polite..no shout on anybody oh..at work at school etc..

Their girls..they can love oh, are not material or money driven because they have their own money, car etc, once they are in with you its only you, they wont cheat and wont tolerate it either.
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Bilingualism: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2023
ibinaboonline:
That's not what I'm saying. You said before your course mate can't meet up with her tuition balance because of the limited time she's allowed to legally work. So, I asked isn't there since extra work she can do under the table "illegally" to augment her earnings?

Non, it’s difficult to get job for cash payment. And if he does legit it will reflect on his NI and will affect his PSW application because he exceeded the number of hours given by home office
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Bilingualism: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
saintruky:

Did ur coursemate eventually scale through?

Again, since one is unable to meet d balance fees, can such a person defer the admission while in d UK and perhaps go hustle to raise d fees and continue schooling?

We just finished second semester and he still owes about 7500pounds . And he is expected to have been done paying by now . Based on the school schedule of fee payment. The school didn’t send him away though and they didn’t even limit his access to the school facility. They only got him a councellor that will help him psychologically. But we don’t know what the outcome /implication will be later on. Because he told them he sold everything he had to come and unfortunately living cost was more expensive than he planned and this has taken almost all he came with.
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by saintruky(m): 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2023
Bilingualism:

We just finished second semester and he still owes about 7500pounds . And he is expected to have been done paying by now . Based on the school schedule of fee payment. The school didn’t send him away though and they didn’t even limit his access to the school facility. They only got him a councellor that will help him psychologically. But we don’t know what the outcome /implication will be later on. Because he told them he sold everything he had to come and unfortunately living cost was more expensive than he planned and this has taken almost all he came with.

Nice one from the school...

My girl recently moved over to d UK, our plan was to get married b4 she goes, so i could come in as her dependant, but something happened and she left without telling me, when i inquired, she said she stopped the process...

Anyways right now, school don dey ask her for monthly installments and she's yet to secure a job.. now no level...

What would u advise?

1 Like

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by 190: 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

very true, but do you really think that these men cant find a Nigerian woman to marry OR they just cant find the type of woman they are looking for (aka one that doesnt have the western mentality or way of life embedded in their DNA)

Brownjay you still on this site after all these years grin

1 Like

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by ibinaboonline: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
Right. That sucks, for sure.
Bilingualism:

Non, it’s difficult to get job for cash payment. And if he does legit it will reflect on his NI and will affect his PSW application because he exceeded the number of hours given by home office
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by pocohantas(f): 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2023
Nwachi22:

This @mrbrownjay1 is quite myopic in his thinking even with his self acclaimed exposures. The way he talks down on women in almost every thread make me wonder if he was birthed by a man.

Lol. Obviously NL is about perspectives. I have never seen him as such. He is a balanced individual to me.
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by cococandy(f): 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2023
ednut1:
nothing wrong in that o. The issue is a lot of men are not wired that way. One holiday a year at best for most guys. The men will either expect her to reduce the vacations/ spending in marriage or decline to follow her. Thats where the wahala is 😀

I see
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by larrypourl(m): 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2023
EnterpriseMan:

UK, but you must have a nursing background here in Nigeria first. Either from a University or from a Teaching Hospital. Getting a Certificate from a teaching hospital in Nigeria is usually 2yrs. (Or you can buy one illegally which i wouldn't recommend because you wouldn't have the basic knowledge)

Alright. Thank you.
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by poppingtags: 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2023
Anyone with the idea of the questions to ask at the consulate office for a US student visa?
Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by Bilingualism: 2:28pm On Apr 03, 2023
saintruky:

Nice one from the school...

My girl recently moved over to d UK, our plan was to get married b4 she goes, so i could come in as her dependant, but something happened and she left without telling me, when i inquired, she said she stopped the process...

Anyways right now, school don dey ask her for monthly installments and she's yet to secure a job.. now no level...

What would u advise?

Na you suppose be her backup na. She Dey play. She will be stressed by now. Holiday don Dey now. She better come marry u so u go apply sharply 🤣

But Mehn, it is gonna be a whole lot of pressure cos, the time she should be concentrating on her studies . She will be receiving mails from fees and income. She has to look for work first atleast to help with her bills. Then her personal tutor will be in a better position to assist her. But trust me all they will say is ‘oh am sorry it is the schools policy’

Another advantage of coming with someone is that, the second person who is not schooling has an opportunity of navigating everywhere making friend and is able to get information faster and usually from my own observation dependants get sponsorship faster than the initial primary applicant who is schooling. So the initial primary applicant becomes the dependant of the second person .

But which every way one opt for . Let the grace of God just prevail

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Japa Nairalanders, Let's Discuss. by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
190:
Brownjay you still on this site after all these years grin

AHAHAHA look who is talking......the one and only world famous NL favourite190!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should I Go For NYSC Or Continue My Journey Abroad? / A Visit To The Popular Oja Ipata Market In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) / Edo Woman & Her SUV Skid Off Muddy Sapele Benin Road, Plunge Into A Ditch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.