Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock (52452 Views)

International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab / The 5 Muslim Students Suspended For Wearing Hijab To School In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by tbambam: 7:06am On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

https://www.facebook.com/100063943813735/posts/pfbid0fx8uMbzAXbRVFHTPLBKBPLs6hSouoCrs8AYMaHZf7njWBm4FtzNSbcBq1k6qXfEbl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

This religion and wahala and unrest sha, do you hate peace?

Can any Muslim university allows lady without hijab in their school or employ christian lecturers? This is a private Christian school, if you cannot obey their rules ,then find another university, must you brew unrest everywhere you go..respect boundaries plzz
religion of peace my ass

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Banter1(m): 7:09am On Mar 31, 2023
This my Muslims brothers and sisters always looking for trouble. Stay away from christians institution if you don't wanna abide by their laws and order. Wahala people.

They wear their religion like WAR sweater.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Lehksyen4life(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2023
[quote author=Pierocash post=122168093]This religion of trouble have taken their madness to covenant University. They always disobey constituted authorities using religious clog as a means.

If a Christian dares wears anything like rosary, cross, or any attire depicting Christianity to access a Muslim environment,this children of hate and perdition will call it blasphemy,and murder the innocent Christian.

Be sensible for once without sentiment now! The student in question was posted to Covenant's University CBT centre for her Jamb mock not like she's seeking admission into the said school.

If CU knew they won't allow people with hijab for Jamb mock/ Jamb CBT, they need to inform Jamb so that during posting of candidates, Muslims will not be posted there. Simple!

I rest my pen!!!
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by sniperr007(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Really? Which cave are u from? Oh what if a nun goes to the exam hall in her way of dressing. Is that allowed?

I believe if the law/rule tells the nun to remove her headwear. She has the choice to obey or not. Not try to force her religious belief over law.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Karnice600: 7:14am On Mar 31, 2023
Pierocash:
This religion of trouble have taken their madness to covenant University. They always disobey constituted authorities using religious clog as a means.

If a Christian dares wears anything like rosary, cross, or any attire depicting Christianity to access a Muslim environment,this children of hate and perdition will call it blasphemy,and murder the innocent Christian.

But see them ,always taking their foolishness to other religious environment and lord it over everyone.

That’s due to the fact that Nigeria runs a dual Constitution. Someone can decide to obey Sharia even when it conflicts with the Country’s constitution, to manipulate his way through for self interests. Same person will come out to lament on democratic rights that’s never found in Shariah, when his interest is secured.
So they decide to obey the Constitution whenever they feel like. That’s why Buhari flouts court orders easily. Don’t excuse that trait for military blood or character. It’s a fanatical Islamic trait. He will never flout Sharia rulings. Ex Military or not. He won’t dare.
The Nigerian Constitution plays second fiddle to any Nigerian Muslim. Shariah is what they esteem.
Now that’s a huge disease for a ‘democratic’ system.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Originalsly: 7:19am On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Really? Which cave are u from? Oh what if a nun goes to the exam hall in her way of dressing. Is that allowed?

Why question dust speakers when you know they can't defend what they be saying?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by enemyofprogress: 7:20am On Mar 31, 2023
[quote author=adams123 post=122186719][/quote]mumucious reasoning
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Ebisamvic: 7:22am On Mar 31, 2023
Today Friday this people will start blocking the road built by the government for every citizen from 1pm just because they want to pray. You didn't say anything.
A Christian University said remove your hijab or you won't enter our school you're complaining.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Navalsadiq(m): 7:22am On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

that's a very good question
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by anyilalaz: 7:25am On Mar 31, 2023
This is when common sense is not common.

The environment where the exam is to hold do not allow a particular dress mode - They are right!

A candidate believes that it’s her fundamental right to dress the way she wants - She is right!

Common sense is needed here....from the pic the OP posted what am seeing not Hijab but Chador. For exam purpose, if am the said girl, I might come with either of Hijab or Dupatta from home, at the gate, remove it and cover my hair with scarf. After the exam go back to what I came with. The exam is not up to 2hrs.

However, niqab, Burka, or Chador dress mode is a no no for any venue to prevent malpractice and story that touch!!!
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by sotall(m): 7:33am On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Really? For a Federal Government of Nigeria Exam or for Covenant University Exam? Abeg think straight.

Yes...just like it is Haram to sell alcohol in muslims dominanted Northern states but it is not haram to collect VAT from the proceeds of alcohol transactions from Southern states.

Also it is good to implement sharia law in the North while advocating for secularism in the south.

Let me ask...who needs to think straight?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by padi94(m): 7:34am On Mar 31, 2023
abdullahi45:

You mean that the exam center was a church?

Yes it's a church... It's called Canaan land. CU is just inside. Its a prayer ground and you know how sacrosanct Muslim prayer grounds are. You don't just walk in there dressed anyhow.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Dproperties: 7:35am On Mar 31, 2023
They should keep on wailing, I love covenants University.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Microwhy: 7:41am On Mar 31, 2023
SAMUEL1947:
Hijab not allowed in exam hall, humbly removed it. Teach them the way of God not to disrespect elders. Be obedient
Ode.. "Simply tell them to remove it".
Where is the tolerance....
Stupid people.
Between the hijab girls and the half naked girls of the so called Christian school, which one is more closer to the dressing Christians adopted and portrayed of holy Mary?
Confuse people everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Originalsly: 7:41am On Mar 31, 2023
Pierocash:

This religion of trouble have taken their madness to covenant University. They always disobey constituted authorities using religious clog as a means.

But see them ,always taking their foolishness to other religious environment and lord it over everyone.

Did you even read the post? If yes... then you lack comprehension skills. Do you know why they were going on the campus? Was it on their own or they were obeying constituted authorities?... the FG? If you as a Christian rented your hall for a wedding ceremony ... do you decide which guests can enter and which cannot? Covenant rented their premises for an examination... should they decide who should enter and who should not? It is better you answer these questions privately and not expose yourself further by doing so publicly.

Too many of us are blinded by religious intolerance and don't even know.... always bringing the foolishness to non religious forums to lord it over everyone.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by bong4(m): 7:41am On Mar 31, 2023
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by bibiking7(m): 7:42am On Mar 31, 2023

Half of the folks commenting did not read or did not comprehend the write up. They place is a center for an exam. Maybe that's the closest one to them, that's why they chose it.

I blame Jamb. You accredited a CBT test center in a school with religious affiliation, that also has rules and regulations for dress codes.

We are not ready though. Every form you fill in the UK has a part for equality and diversity so that you won't be discriminated against. We are still debating dress codes

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by acaNG: 7:43am On Mar 31, 2023
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by cejaypriesty(m): 7:45am On Mar 31, 2023
padi94:

I no dey think straight, if them fix that exam inside mosque, we know that no woman wil enter there without Hijab.

Ordinary nairaland here them dey tell us to swear say we believe in allah before we enter thread to comment.
grin cheesy
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by prizeless(m): 7:47am On Mar 31, 2023
If it's against the centers rule, she simply cannot come in with her Nun clothing. She has to take it off or find an alternative
Encyclopedia1:

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by webizone(m): 7:51am On Mar 31, 2023
The school I went to, before the exams, especially, external exams, the school will provide you with a see-through polo shirt and shorts that have no pockets.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Originalsly: 7:54am On Mar 31, 2023
Microwhy:

Ode.. "Simply tell them to remove it".

Where is the tolerance....

Stupid people.

Between the hijab girls and the half naked dressing of the student in that so called Christian school, which one is more closer the dressing Christians adopted and portrayed of holy Marry?

Confuse people everywhere.

Confuse Mad people every where.... don't expect sensible answers.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Rollyluv: 7:55am On Mar 31, 2023
Nice one, if you wanna wear hijab and write an exam then not in a Christian school. Afterall the Muslims are extremist and I won't support them for any reason
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Tremple8v: 7:55am On Mar 31, 2023
Peter Obi
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by HeroicMeastro: 8:06am On Mar 31, 2023
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by merits(m): 8:10am On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

https://www.facebook.com/100063943813735/posts/pfbid0fx8uMbzAXbRVFHTPLBKBPLs6hSouoCrs8AYMaHZf7njWBm4FtzNSbcBq1k6qXfEbl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

But to be sincere some women abused this hijab to cheat during exam.No need to ban it,their must be a way out because Islam respect dignity.

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by omokab: 8:13am On Mar 31, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
In Al-Hikman, you are mandated to wear a hijab Muslim or not.
i i don't know the problem of our youth this days . jamb exam not a Muslim student gained admission into Christian school and he want to write exam.. If a Muslim student gained admission into Christian school and he or she was denied writing exam because of hijab then he has no case.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by honeyB2018: 8:17am On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Do your hijab nonsense outside Christian environment. Covenant University is a private Christian school. Why do you people like trouble like water.
If I'm in a position to resist you with this hijab nonsense, you understand what I mean Period
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:21am On Mar 31, 2023
Purity1st:

This guys are the problem of the world 🌍
When I call them Northern animals, Northern savages, people think am being unfairly antagonistic.
But I have seen a lot of animalistic behaviours of these Northerners in Niger state where am serving my fatherland.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Olamilekan1555(m): 8:21am On Mar 31, 2023
Encyclopedia1:

Who is talking about mosque here? We are talking about a school environment for a Federal Government Exams and u are talking religion. O ga oo

I don't understand your point sir, Okay it is Federal Government Exam but in which Federal government says we can not obey the center instructions or is there any law ( Federal Government) that says we can put on Hijab to write Exams if there is any please i want to know.
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Olamilekan1555(m): 8:22am On Mar 31, 2023
Emir01:
Jamb shud cancel that centre and look for a place where people can easily access without rancor.

If they are going for Visa capture where the entire head need to show, how do they go about it? I will like to know, ARE WE GOING TO CANCEL THAT TOO?
Re: Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:23am On Mar 31, 2023
babaalagbo11:
It's called covenant for a reason,and it's an institution founded by a church,not Al hikmah or fountain university,let's respect eachother boundaries
Lol, but Northern Muslim animals will never do that, because they behave like animals.Goats have more sense of comportment and coordination than them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course? / Lady Celebrates Her Matriculation At Mother's Fish Stand, Soibi Ibibo Jack Helps / Which Institution Has The Highest Number Of Runz Babes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.