Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage (2561 Views)

Leave Our Ladies Alone! Ugandan Man Tells Nigerian Men In UAE (Video) / Family Shades Mum In Obituary For Abandoning Kids To Live With Brother-in-law / Emeka Okorocha, Nigerian Doctor In UK Ladies Are Crushing On (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by helinues: 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
It's actually worrisome to see our ladies forfeiting their future dreams for ordinary marriage. As long you are married, some professions which our ladies can do better have been forbidden.

Don't be a slave all in the name of marriage, get back your dreams

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by emekalovepets: 12:49pm On Apr 01, 2023
Some people and Mumu na five and six can nigeria groom ur career oh no Nigerian is a zoo for survival instead of u to advise this female species to get marry early before dem turn to evening news paper u Dey there dey talk rubbish

8 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by helinues: 12:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Rokiat(f): 12:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
This thread must have definitely been started by a female because most of my gender is in perpetual denial.

Ask all the so called career women that abandoned marriage for career if they are truly happy, you will be shocked at the answers.

Offcourse don’t abandoned your dreams or career all together but your home comes first as a woman I don’t care if you are a CEO of a corporate company or a cleaner, your home comes first. Your husband and children comes first before any job.
If you don’t understand this just stay as a career woman and not get married at all.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Lemos14: 1:01pm On Apr 01, 2023
helinues:
It's actually worrisome to see our ladies forfeiting their future dreams for ordinary marriage. As long you are married, some professions which our ladies can do better have been forbidden.

Something we can finally agree on👍

3 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by helinues: 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rokiat:
This thread must have definitely been started by a female because most of my gender is in perpetual denial.

Asked all the so called career women that abandoned marriage for career if they are truly happy, you will be shocked at the answers.

Offcourse don’t abandoned your dreams or career all together but your home comes first as a woman I don’t care if you are a CEO of a corporate company or a cleaner, your home comes first. Your husband and children comes first before any job.
If you don’t understand this just stay as a career woman and not get married at all.

Your first paragraph indicated this is a self denial comments.

I am a guy who is concerned about our ladies abandoning their future dreams because of ordinary marriage.

Cos you are married as a lady, then you can't hang out with your friends at night.. say wetin happen?

Sacrificing so much to get what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by SeaTrade(m): 1:32pm On Apr 01, 2023
helinues:

I am a guy who is concerned about our ladies abandoning their future dreams because of ordinary marriage.

Cos you are married as a lady, then you can't hang out with your friends at night.. say wetin happen?

When you marry,you can support your wife hang out as you wish at night and even encourage sleep overs .
Sound like one weak man weh dey anticipate on earning potential of his woman.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by helinues: 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2023
SeaTrade:
When you marry,you can support your wife hang out as you wish at night and even encourage sleep overs .
Sound like one weak man weh dey anticipate on earning potential of his woman.

Lol

Reason why I don't hang out with weak ladies who can't make their own personal decisions themselves.

Marriage is not a prison or bondage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by SeaTrade(m): 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
helinues:

Lol

Reason why I don't hang out with weak ladies who can't make their own personal decisions themselves.

Marriage is not a prison or bondage.
Every woman can be vulnerable,
The big question is;
Are you that man she can be vulnerable to?
Do you have what it takes to command her vulnerability by virtue of your quality?
It might simply be that you don't have what it takes for the women you've been hanging out with to be weak and vulnerable to you because they don't see you man enough,
Lol. grin
People weh go dey jump up and down dey make semo and seafood Okro at 9pm for men dey form independent woman to you and you think it's a flex,
What a joke.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by helinues: 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
SeaTrade:
Every woman can be vulnerable,
The big question is;
Are you that man she can be vulnerable to?
Do you have what it takes to command her vulnerability by virtue of your quality?
It might simply be that you don't have what it takes for the women you've been hanging out with to be weak and vulnerable to you because they don't see you man enough,
Lol. grin
People weh go dey jump up and down dey make semo and seafood Okro at 9pm for men dey form independent woman to you and you think it's a flex,
What a joke.

Ain't looking for robot as a wife.

She has her life, she should be in control of majority of her decisions

6 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by SeaTrade(m): 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
helinues:

Ain't looking for robot as a wife.

She has her life, she should be in control of majority of her decisions
No one said you should have a robot as a wife,
However,there are some Do's and don'ts in the institution called marriage.
I hope your wife sleeping with other men during one of her random late hangouts with "friends" will be considered by you as her living her life and making her decisions by your books.
Like I said ,you just sound weak and tolerant because of the things you think you'll gain from these so called independent ladies.
Work on yourself more,so that the so called independence women bring can appeal to you less,since you have your keep in excess.
Hahaha grin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Reminderz: 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
foolish thread

3 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Rokiat(f): 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
helinues:

Who said that a married woman can not hang out with her friends sometimes? Just because you have seen some bad marriages doesn’t mean you should come online and project.

Also as a married woman you can hang with your friends sometimes heck you can even go out alone yourself and have your you time. You are your own Individual and you can’t clings on your husband 24/7 like who does that?

But the problem usually arise when married women want to be hanging out with their single friends going clubbing almost too frequently to quote you on your last sentence, what would a married woman be getting exactly by doing that?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by efficiencie(m): 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
helinues:

Your utility function is different from he utility function of others. Some value marriage and family more than career while for others the reverse is the case. People derive happiness from different things. As for you, your career is more relevant than a marriage and family and your career will remain a source of happiness even as you age but for someone else a career is only relevant up to a certain age beyond which family and marriage becomes the mot desired objective. Hence I will not recommend anyone adheres to your admonition just because it sounds right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by SenecaTheYonger: 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2023
helinues:
It's

You want them to do what will make you happy or what will make them happy?

1 Like

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2023
Which ladies?

Definitely not Nigerian Ladies grin

Okay Op is being mischievous grin

2 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by FORWARDEVERLY: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
helinues:

And I been dey rate you before thinking say Yiu get sense....
Kaiii

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by helinues: 2:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
SenecaTheYonger:

You want them to do what will make you happy or what will make them happy?

Happiness in relationships should be mutual.

A good solid relationship but have boundaries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
- some women's sole dream in life is to get married to a good man
- some women out there dont care about a career so long as someone is willing to take care of them
- many educated people out there are lazy, and dont want to work nor have a 9 to 5

at the end of the day, let each and every woman do whats best for "them"

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by stxrlight(f): 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rokiat:

In your bid to talk down on women, you went and commit a faux pas. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Na heli, the jagaban army and tribalist striker, a proponent of perverted process, you dey call woman?

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by helinues: 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rokiat:

Who said that a married woman can not hang out with her friends sometimes? Just because you have seen some bad marriages doesn’t mean you should come online and project.

Also as a married woman you can hang with your friends sometimes heck you can even go out alone yourself and have your you time. You are your own Individual and you can’t clings on your husband 24/7 like who does that?

But the problem usually arise when married women want to be hanging out with their single friends going clubbing almost too frequently to quote you on your last sentence, what would a married woman be getting exactly by doing that?

You are not being sincere here you know.

I am a guy who is just irritated with how some of our ladies have turned themselves to slaves all in the name of marriage.

I made a post sometimes last year about privacy, a lady still in her early 20's but married said she never had her own privacy before the marriage and still nothing closer to that in her marriage.

Abandoning ones future career for ordinary marriage don't just worth it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
It's possible to have both, if an individual wants both. It's either the woman establishes herself on one first (e.g. career) before the other (marriage); or create a balance between the two, if establishing both at the same time. With the latter, having an understanding partner is the biggest factor. You don't want to marry a man who will be threatened by your success and growth.

3 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by ItisWell22(f): 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
🤔

SeaTrade:
No one said you should have a robot as a wife,
However,there are some Do's and don'ts in the institution called marriage.
I hope your wife sleeping with other men during one of her random late hangouts with "friends" will be considered by you as her living her life and making her decisions by your books.
Like I said ,you just sound weak and tolerant because of the things you think you'll gain from these so called independent ladies.
Work on yourself more,so that the so called independence women bring can appeal to you less,since you have your keep in excess.
Hahaha grin
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by stxrlight(f): 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Wahala nor dey finish for this world sha.

Different matter everyday lol.

E ma yan ju e sha.
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by ItisWell22(f): 3:06pm On Apr 01, 2023
💯

Exodus15v11:
It's possible to have both, if an individual wants both. It's either the woman establishes herself on one first (e.g. career) before the other (marriage); or create a balance between the two, if establishing both at the same time. With the latter, having an understanding partner is the biggest factor. You don't want to marry a man who will be threatened by your success and growth.

2 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by 1Sharon(f): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
If a woman said this thing. She'll be called a feminist evening newspaper.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Rokiat(f): 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
stxrlight:

Na heli, the jagaban army and tribalist striker, a proponent of perverted process, you dey call woman?

Smh.

Talk down on women heck no but I am just a woman that’s have no issue holding my gender accountable heck even myself if needs be.

1 Like

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by stxrlight(f): 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rokiat:
Talk down on women heck know but I am just a woman that’s have no issue holding my gender accountable heck even myself if needs be.

K
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by WatchYourSix: 4:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
stxrlight:

Smh.

Talk down on women?? How did she talk down on women.....u women like playing victim even against your own fellow women folk... always crying about being bullied once someone has a different view from yours

2 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Starz825(m): 4:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rokiat:

Ask all the so called career women that abandoned marriage for career if they are truly happy, you will be shocked at the answers.

Hmmm...
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Whois(m): 4:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
One source of income doesn't make sense these days grin dey no go tell the husband b4 he finds his wife something that will bring extra income for the family grin
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Pells: 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
stxrlight:

K
How are you doing my girl grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

DNA Confirmed My Friend A Bastard / Why You Should Not Live In A 3 Bedroom Flat! / Why Does He Think His Games Will Make Me More Interested?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.