Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage (2619 Views)

Leave Our Ladies Alone! Ugandan Man Tells Nigerian Men In UAE (Video) / Family Shades Mum In Obituary For Abandoning Kids To Live With Brother-in-law / Emeka Okorocha, Nigerian Doctor In UK Ladies Are Crushing On (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by ComputerOperato: 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2023
SeaTrade:
When you marry,you can support your wife hang out as you wish at night and even encourage sleep overs .
Sound like one weak man weh dey anticipate on earning potential of his woman.
End of discussion.
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by muyico(m): 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
Seems like she refering to muslim ladies? "Eleha per say"
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Prettygirl200(f): 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2023
If dem like make dem abandon na dem sabi?
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by stxrlight(f): 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2023
WatchYourSix:
Talk down on women?? How did she talk down on women.....u women like playing victim even against your own fellow women folk... always crying about being bullied once someone has a different view from yours

Yaaaawns.

When you're done, you will take yourself out of my mentions.

2 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by stxrlight(f): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
Pells:
How are you doing my girl grin cheesy

How's your hustling in Senegal/Benin, troll?
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Goldmaxx(f): 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
helinues:

Lol

Reason why I don't hang out with weak ladies who can't make their own personal decisions themselves.

Marriage is not a prison or bondage.
But you support Tilumbu. Nothing you can tell me that justifies supporting a drug lord
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by helinues: 7:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
It seems like we have so many acclaimed aloha male in Nigeria..

Aloha males or simps don't work in a relatio
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by siofra(f): 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rokiat:
This thread must have definitely been started by a female because most of my gender is in perpetual denial.

Ask all the so called career women that abandoned marriage for career if they are truly happy, you will be shocked at the answers.

Offcourse don’t abandoned your dreams or career all together but your home comes first as a woman I don’t care if you are a CEO of a corporate company or a cleaner, your home comes first. Your husband and children comes first before any job.
If you don’t understand this just stay as a career woman and not get married at all.

What the fuçk😂
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by MechanicMike: 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
siofra:

What the fuçk😂

Kaaaiiii...Fuuuck ke? Did u juss say fuuuck? Kaiii u like fuuuck too much siofra
Please I wannto fuuuck to..Siofra please can we fuuuck? cheesy
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Pells: 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
stxrlight:

How's your hustling in Senegal/Benin, troll?
I don't hustle there
Let's be friends undecided undecided
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2023
Exodus15v11:
■ It's possible to have both, if an individual wants both. It's either the woman establishes herself on one first (e.g. career) before the other (marriage); or create a balance between the two, if establishing both at the same time. With the latter, having an understanding partner is the biggest factor. You don't want to marry a man who will be threatened by your success and growth.
1. But why would any sane individual be given the economy of the world as it is? undecided
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:13pm On Apr 01, 2023
Some who are not even career-wise wants to use marriage to cover their shame. Women sees marriage as their greatest/highest point of achievement…
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
Whois:
One source of income doesn't make sense these days grin dey no go tell the husband b4 he finds his wife something that will bring extra income for the family grin
Abeg loud it for the "Marriage is my glory and honor as a man" crowd of fools stuck in poverty out there abeg! undecided
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:
■ Some who are not even career-wise wants to use marriage to cover their shame. Women sees marriage as their greatest/highest point of achievement
1. The same goes for the men that marry such women. Don't deny the fact that many men see marriage as their crowning glory in life as well, a chance to demand desired respect from another individual. undecided
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by kkins25(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2023
I was in a discussion with my colleague from back then in the uni. She's litters her status with great make up works. Unfortunately, she can't start the business properly because her husband doesn't agree to it.

She also said, she was taking care off and all that, but she'd wish she could start something since there's potential in what she was doing.

I find that women who marry much older men often fall into the category. Older men are scared of losing their young wives to younger men.

The only first class lady from my department marrued faster than i could imagine. Hmm. May God help us!

2 Likes

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Bintdawood(f): 1:13am On Apr 02, 2023
muyico:
Seems like she refering to muslim ladies? "Eleha per say"

??
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Bintdawood(f): 1:15am On Apr 02, 2023
Rokiat:
This thread must have definitely been started by a female because most of my gender is in perpetual denial.

Ask all the so called career women that abandoned marriage for career if they are truly happy, you will be shocked at the answers.

Offcourse don’t abandoned your dreams or career all together but your home comes first as a woman I don’t care if you are a CEO of a corporate company or a cleaner, your home comes first. Your husband and children comes first before any job.
If you don’t understand this just stay as a career woman and not get married at all.

Exactly my point!
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Dshocker(m): 6:23am On Apr 02, 2023
helinues:

Your first paragraph indicated this is a self denial comments.

I am a guy who is concerned about our ladies abandoning their future dreams because of ordinary marriage.

Cos you are married as a lady, then you can't hang out with your friends at night.. say wetin happen?

Sacrificing so much to get what exactly?

Wait until you get married and see if you will allow your wife be out in the night, hanging out with friends.

Seems you still staying with your parents.
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by helinues: 6:25am On Apr 02, 2023
Dshocker:

Wait until you get married and see if you will allow your wife be out in the night, hanging out with friends.

Seems you still staying with your parents.

Lol. The acclaimed alpha male who are expecting to marry a slave

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by BaddestQueen(f): 6:26am On Apr 02, 2023
helinues:

Lol. The acclaimed alpha male who are expecting to marry a slave

cheesy
is that why you're pestering me in my DM to be your Girlfriend
helinues I no gree ooo
leave me alone please 😢😢😢
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by helinues: 6:45am On Apr 02, 2023
BaddestQueen:
is that why you're pestering me in my DM to be your Girlfriend
helinues I no gree ooo
leave me alone please 😢😢😢

To start with, you are not a lady but a guy. Why are you shamelessly denying your gender.

If I indeed ever sent you PM , make a die but if you are lying, you will die untimely
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by BaddestQueen(f): 6:46am On Apr 02, 2023
helinues:

To start with, you are not a lady but a guy. Why are you shamelessly denying your gender.

If I indeed ever sent you PM , make a die but if you are lying, you will die untimely
stop trolling me
let me be please.
is that too difficult to ask ?
I'll never accept your request 😒😢
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Nairalander248: 6:47am On Apr 02, 2023
helinues:
It's actually worrisome to see our ladies forfeiting their future dreams for ordinary marriage. As long you are married, some professions which our ladies can do better have been forbidden.

Don't be a slave all in the name of marriage, get back your dreams

They are following your mama steps...
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Pimine: 8:23am On Apr 02, 2023
Rokiat:

Finally! A feminine lady! Please no allow those misandrists corrupt your software 👌

1 Like

Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Pimine: 8:26am On Apr 02, 2023
helinues:

Your first paragraph indicated this is a self denial comments.

I am a guy who is concerned about our ladies abandoning their future dreams because of ordinary marriage.

Cos you are married as a lady, then you can't hang out with your friends at night.. say wetin happen?

Sacrificing so much to get what exactly?
Kai🤦🏾‍♂️ I shake my head for you. You're irredeemable and shouldn't get a say when sensible people are talking.
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Jokerman(m): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2023
helinues:
It's actually worrisome to see our ladies forfeiting their future dreams for ordinary marriage. As long you are married, some professions which our ladies can do better have been forbidden.

Don't be a slave all in the name of marriage, get back your dreams

Supporting APC has its downsides
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by MasterShifu010(m): 9:24am On Apr 02, 2023
Ngozi okonjo iweala is a perfect example , a career woman , and also a mother and a wife
Re: Our Ladies Are Abandoning Their Careers For Marriage by Karleb(m): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2023
It's only online that women can't marry and have a career.

Offline, most women manage both very well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Secretary, My Addiction (18+) / I Am A Virgin / Things Every Woman Must Know About Men, Love And Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.