Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? (22644 Views)

What Quotes Motivates You While You Work? / Are You Happy Where You Work Currently? / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Tonytonex(m): 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2023
destiny4luv:
I work in a life plant, ( phones and any other electromagnetic devices are not allowed inside a life plant it can cause explosion 💥) before work in the morning everyone drops their phone at the security stand, u only have access to ur phone when going for lunch and during closing hour.
that is a different thing. That one is due to work hazard. You're not expected to use phone in those places na.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by traihit: 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2023
xevove2061:
No. Its not even abiut the phone submission. Any jobs that insists on submitting your phone is a shitty job.

Shitty jobs it may be. But people don't care about shits if it feeds them.

Or would you want factory worked to be pressing phones and still be operating machines?
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by doneback04: 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:
It is a normal work rule for employees not to use mobile phones during work hours, except using mobile phones is part of your job description.

However, due to the fact that some employees tend to flout the rule, some employers, especially in one-man businesses, have deemed it fit to ask employees to submit their phones when they arrive work in the morning and collect back after wo

As a worker, can you work in a place where it is required that you submit your phone?

Drop your opinion.

This policy is always applicable to eateries and fast food because I once work there, but it a very hard discussion but then I did it just to earn a living but now I can't no longer be in such bondage anymore because someone might want to reach you for something important

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by ford101: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
flexyrule:
I see that your location as indicated on your profile is Abuja.

Can we meet at Cedi Plaza, CBD tomorrow by 11am, so that you can call me that mugu face to face?
this shows that u are really a mugu.do you think that am the one on that picture.mugu.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by flexyrule(m): 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2023
Tonytonex:
that is a different thing. That one is due to work hazard. You're not expected to use phone in those places na.
Would an employer ask employees or to use phones during work just like that?

In banks - to avoid distracttions and for security.

In production sites - because of flammable gases and other materials that may react to your phone's magnetic field.

There are intelligence departments that you're not allowed to use any digital device.

It's for the safety and security of everybody.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Tonytonex(m): 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2023
LordBillionz:
What happens at emergency occurrence at home that your attention is needed?

Did they make a provision for means of reaching employees in such case?

If there isn't such provision, I won't do the work irrespective of the pay.

Employee's welfare should be a consideration
you are lying. If the pay is in millions fah?
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by PAWG(m): 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2023
nkemjacob2:
my work place we don't use phone but we snick it in secretly.

How do you sneak something openly?

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2023
If the pay worths it.. Like 500k per day
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by DesChyko: 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2023
As a school teacher, I only have access to my phone during break. It's a big distraction in class.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by flexyrule(m): 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2023
ford101:
this shows that u are really a mugu.do you think that am the one on that picture.mugu.
Na mouth you get.

I thought you'd make the mistake of accepting that invite.

Tomorrow would have been the last day you'd ever insult anyone, whether online or offline.

Now swerve!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Tonytonex(m): 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
flexyrule:
Would an employer ask employees or to use phones during work just like that?

In banks - to avoid distracttions and for security.

In production sites - because of flammable gases and other materials that may react to your phone's magnetic field.

There are intelligence departments that you're not allowed to use any digital device.

It's for the safety and security of everybody.
those ones are understandable and are in order. It's expected.

But what about works that use of phones doesn't affect.

But some people will still say no use of phones. Just because of wickedness

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by flokii: 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
I know multinationals require their staff working in certain sections like gas or PMS storage areas and plants to submit their phones.. the ones in offices don't necessarily need to submit theirs.

If it is company's policy.. Why not?
Submit the damn thing while you work to earn your money.. You have all the time after work to press phone till you get tired.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by mrdino(m): 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:
It is a normal work rule for employees not to use mobile phones during work hours, except using mobile phones is part of your job description.

However, due to the fact that some employees tend to flout the rule, some employers, especially in one-man businesses, have deemed it fit to ask employees to submit their phones when they arrive work in the morning and collect back after work.

As a worker, can you work in a place where it is required that you submit your phone?

Drop your opinion.
Of course, they must have clearly stated it in their rules and regulations or code of conduct, and made it known to you at the time of your employment.

So there's no point asking again when you already know the rules.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Tonytonex(m): 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:
If the pay worths it.. Like 500k per day
thief
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by DesChyko: 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2023
PAWG:

How do you sneak something openly?

Like this

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by 4right: 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:

However, due to the fact that some employees tend to flout the rule, some employers, especially in one-man businesses, have deemed it fit to ask employees to submit their phones when they arrive work in the morning and collect back after work.

As a worker, can you work in a place where it is
required that you submit your phone?

Drop your opinion.
This happened in most of working places in the Western World. USA,UK etc
Some of this Job are even high paying Job some are Federal Job.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by flexyrule(m): 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
Tonytonex:
those ones are understandable and are in order. It's expected.

But what about works that use of phones doesn't affect.

But some people will still say no use of phones. Just because of wickedness
There's no job that employees efficiency canot be affected by "distraction"...

If you have a business or you are a supervisor in an office, you will understand better.

Before we banned the use of cellphones during working hours in my unit, I used to see grown up adults log in to Netflix, YouTube, Facebook etc. some minutes after 8am on a Monday morning.

Omoh leave ooooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Reelmii: 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2023
Tellers in banks submit their phone everyday..so nothing new there
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by harjay1986: 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
Wawelexy:
Not anymore....

Any work related to production doesn't allow the use of phones.... But Nigerians can be sturborn reason why employer collect phones before you assume work or when caught with phone...

But sincerely it doesn't make sense, one can have an emergency and the only means to reach that person has been blocked...
UAC Foods that year, supervisor cease my phone taya....

If you are fans of online live streaming most the worker in Ford assembly plant in US always stream themself live it about mentality. The reason for our own is that we are not working per hour, if we are working per hour per pay, so oyinbo man don't care even if you dey strip while working there own is that for that hour what you are expected to deliver you must deliver it so even if you combine other activities toot
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Youngpaperboy: 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
muyico:
Modern slavery
som Nigeria Banks actually do that to their teller staff.. I know of then, not sure of 2023.. make I no call d bank name
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by uuzba(m): 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
muyico:
Modern slavery
If you need the job, submit your phone, do your job and collect your salary and go.
You were not born with phone gummed to your hand. So the employer is not mutilating you.
The boss can clearly see that this generation is unfocused, checking phone 27 times a day for useless messages.
If however you believe that you cannot let go of whatever message you are checking inside your phone,
then carry your phone along with you and go and find another job.
-
Although this example is not perfect, but this is the Nokia 9300. It came out around 2007/8..
As you can see, it doesn't have any camera. Almost all other Nokias back then had cameras.
This one was created to prevent employees of organisations from taking pictures of company stuff.
It's just an example though.

But if you can't accept the employers conditions on phone usage, then leave the job and save him and yourself headache.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by senator3636(m): 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2023
Everyday supermarket does that even till date. No be small thing

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Rapmoney(m): 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2023
doneback04:

This policy is always applicable to eateries and fast food because I once work there, but it a very hard discussion but then I did it just to earn a living but now I can't no longer be in such bondage anymore because someone might want to reach you for something important

Private schools do that too.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by treatise: 8:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:
Which kind work be that undecided
Bank work
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Tonytonex(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
flexyrule:
There's no job that employees efficiency canot be affected by "distraction"...

If you have a business or you are a supervisor in an office, you will understand better.

Before we banned the use of cellphones during working hours in my unit, I used to see grown up adults log in to Netflix, YouTube, Facebook etc. some minutes after 8am on a Monday morning.

Omoh leave ooooo.
I can understand. Majorly it's the f gender that does that.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Kayyus09(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
If the pay is huge enough for me to give up side hustles

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by HomeTutorsPro: 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:

Drop your opinion.

Yes.
As long as my net monthly salary is 1.5m naira.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Judolisco(m): 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2023
If d pay is OK.... Why not?
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by udemzyudex(m): 8:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
Truth be told using of phone during work hour especially if you work in a production unit reduce productivity.

I believe the best thing to do is tell workers to buy small nokia phones or those itel,if using of phone is important,use the small one while you put the big ones away till after work.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by ceematics: 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
Lucasinho:
cheesy

I want to start doing it to the boys under me at my work place....

Pressing of phones and chit chatting is really distracting them. At times I have to scream their names.... angry
the boss I need work o, I'm an experienced driver residing at owerri
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Dada4me: 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
Me wet be say I like play wella, I won't even work where I can't play games on my phone even if or for 15minutes
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by erico2k2(m): 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:

Drop your opinion.
No big deal there, I am not allowed to take my phone into work due to the nature of my JOB,so if the Employer demand such from his/her employees so be it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much / How To Start A Presentation That Will Capture Your Audience / Top Black CEOs At Global Corporations And Lessons From Their Careers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.