Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? (22647 Views)

What Quotes Motivates You While You Work? / Are You Happy Where You Work Currently? / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Ajalalomo: 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2023
The economy situation has turned some employers to be SLAVE MASTERS

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Andersonken(m): 8:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
Mostly hotels.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by muyico(m): 8:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
Youngpaperboy:
som Nigeria Banks actually do that to their teller staff.. I know of then, not sure of 2023.. make I no call d bank name
Incase of emergency nko?
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by muyico(m): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2023
uuzba:

If you need the job, submit your phone, do your job and collect your salary and go.
You were not born with phone gummed to your hand. So the employer is not mutilating you.
The boss can clearly see that this generation is unfocused, checking phone 27 times a day for useless messages.
If however you believe that you cannot let go of whatever message you are checking inside your phone,
then carry your phone along with you and go and find another job.
-
Although this example is not perfect, but this is the Nokia 9300. It came out around 2007/8..
As you can see, it doesn't have any camera. Almost all other Nokias back then had cameras.
This one was created to prevent employees of organisations from taking pictures of company stuff.
It's just an example though.

But if you can't accept the employers conditions on phone usage, then leave the job and save him and yourself headache.
Incase of emergency nko? Were nt in stone age!
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:
It is a normal work rule for employees not to use mobile phones during work hours, except using mobile phones is part of your job description.

However, due to the fact that some employees tend to flout the rule, some employers, especially in one-man businesses, have deemed it fit to ask employees to submit their phones when they arrive work in the morning and collect back after work.

As a worker, can you work in a place where it is required that you submit your phone?

Drop your opinion.
God forbid never my phone is everything. With my power bank intact
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by PixelPlexus: 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
Promotions:
Yes I can as long as the pay is worth it

How much of it really is the worth....just thinking! and at the other hand and just imagining they type of work that will put me sit tight from 8am to 4pm

Now adays is flexibility over rigidity and for emphasis sake, if my phone does not disrupt my service why take it away, my companion from me?

Well am not working for any one again....gone are those days and for good.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by kelspinall(m): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2023
nooi, what if there's emergency call..noo I can't
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by frozen70(f): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:
It is a normal work rule for employees not to use mobile phones during work hours, except using mobile phones is part of your job description.

However, due to the fact that some employees tend to flout the rule, some employers, especially in one-man businesses, have deemed it fit to ask employees to submit their phones when they arrive work in the morning and collect back after work.

As a worker, can you work in a place where it is required that you submit your phone?

Drop your opinion.

I will submit my phone
So far it will make me to concentrate on my job and improve my productivity for a better appraisal
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by LordBillionz: 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2023
abobote:

Normally your family will have your office number, they can reach you through the office, in case of emergency
If this is the case, cause it isn't all companies that make such provision, then I'm all in
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by LordBillionz: 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2023
Tonytonex:
you are lying. If the pay is in millions fah?
Hey man, money ain't everything, I can't trade my freedom for money...

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by dazzlingd(m): 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2023
Depends on the pay
I’m earning 1k dollars per day
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by MartinsD12(m): 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:

B
Drop your opinion.
It's not proper, the right thing to do is to put a law saying don't use your phone while you are active at work not collecting peoples phone what if the person get a life changing call , the person will Miss it because of one stupid rule on top how much salary self

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
If d pay is good
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by dazzlingd(m): 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
LordBillionz:
Hey man, money ain't everything, I can't trade my freedom for money...

They are paying you like 20k dollars monthly.
Money buys freedom
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
dazzlingd:

They are paying you like 20k dollars monthly.
Money buys freedom
I fit no use phone again
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by OmegaAutos: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hehehehehe..... Reminds me of the last place i worked and vowed never to work under anybody again...... I thought i was going to cope, i agreed ooo, since my role is crucial as admin they gave me office phone , but ain't comfortable opening personal mail on stuffs on that.... Oh Boy.... I Waka comot, untop how much Now my phone fetches me the annual salary in less than two weeks attimes.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by dazzlingd(m): 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2023
SweetDipBenny:
I fit no use phone again

That’s it bro, people will say emergency, how many emergencies do they have in a year?
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by dododawa1: 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hotel works
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 9:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
grin grin I can do that, just as long as the salary is appetizing enough. You just need self discipline on phone use, to be able to take such job.
People without self discipline can't stay on the job.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by sslcrypt: 9:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
muyico:
Modern slavery

That's why you can't work for the DSS, DIA OR NIA and some section of the security apparatus.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Ariyke: 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
I did for 3yrs before I was moved
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by iammdshola(m): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Cash and teller
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Johnholt909: 10:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
Evestar200:
I can't.

Are you going to be busy all through the working hours?
I once worked in a company like that and I got paid over 600k monthly plus enjoyment.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by theamazonguru(m): 10:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
Modern day slavery.
I know a lady who collects 350k in my office, Anty Ngozi will be on her phone for like half of the time she is at work.
But that doesn't stop her productivity.
Everybody get his/her KPI.

Na all this one man business this kind thing dey jare.

However, employees shouldn't try to abuse rights and privileges.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by DeGLORIOUS: 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2023
nonsensical
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Wawelexy(m): 11:20pm On Apr 01, 2023
harjay1986:

If you are fans of online live streaming most the worker in Ford assembly plant in US always stream themself live it about mentality. The reason for our own is that we are not working per hour, if we are working per hour per pay, so oyinbo man don't care even if you dey strip while working there own is that for that hour what you are expected to deliver you must deliver it so even if you combine other activities toot

You are right

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by AbbMarzuq: 1:28am On Apr 02, 2023
I work in a forensic unit, phones are not allowed at all coz you're dealing with criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by KingMack(m): 1:33am On Apr 02, 2023
Rapmoney:

Drop your opinion.

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Yusufisraelj(m): 1:40am On Apr 02, 2023
Evestar200:
I can't.

Are you going to be busy all through the working hours?

If you work in a high security environment you would.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Goldbw122(m): 2:03am On Apr 02, 2023
If it is necessary it is good, at least you got a maximum focus on your work.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Dumte(m): 3:32am On Apr 02, 2023
In my place of work, our proprietor introduced that idea. And among all the 200 staff, I top the list of those whose phone has been ceased for disobeying the policy.

But tell me why you want to restrict me from getting access to trending news, me wey be blogger.

Some of my income comes from online sources. So I put it clear to you, I am working my way to be a self-employed person to avoid all this embarrassing policy.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Archworld(m): 3:48am On Apr 02, 2023
Rapmoney:

Drop your opinion.

This should be applicable in a place where the minimum wage is adhered to and the payment is done per hour. Not in a place where the employer is thinking about only himself and business and dishing out God forbidden salary to staffs

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much / How To Start A Presentation That Will Capture Your Audience / Top Black CEOs At Global Corporations And Lessons From Their Careers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.