Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,158 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? (22643 Views)

What Quotes Motivates You While You Work? / Are You Happy Where You Work Currently? / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by DasBeste: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:
It is a normal work rule for employees not to use mobile phones during work hours, except using mobile phones is part of your job description.

However, due to the fact that some employees tend to flout the rule, some employers, especially in one-man businesses, have deemed it fit to ask employees to submit their phones when they arrive work in the morning and collect back after work.

As a worker, can you work in a place where it is required that you submit your phone?

Drop your opinion.

Na those of you wey no fit leave your phones alone you go dey ask this kain kweshon.

For people like me, I can even be dashing dem my phone to keep for me the whole week.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by jericco1(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
Quick Service Restaurants, when I was a management trainee with them, I discover the crew do submit theirs. But the managers don't. It was weird

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Babastrong(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
I prefer FREEDOM to MONEY. i say no to modern slavery. Anyway i am an employer not employee even though my company was just born.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by juman(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
I agree with the rule.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by adanonso(f): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
Yes of course
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by DWJOBScom(m): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
This shows your lack of experience

Pilots don't use their phones or even the airhostess as well as some professionals too

4 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Badguy77(m): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
Worked in an hotel like that... I wasn't told I would be dropping my phone at the gate and it's a 24hrs shift.. Omo after the first day I jejely stop the work o I can't.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by abobote: 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Yes I worked in a hotel like that. Immediately you close the first thing you go your phone.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Thomasankara(m): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
[/color]if the pay Worths it[color=#770077]
Rapmoney:
It is a normal work rule for employees not to use mobile phones during work hours, except using mobile phones is part of your job description.

However, due to the fact that some employees tend to flout the rule, some employers, especially in one-man businesses, have deemed it fit to ask employees to submit their phones when they arrive work in the morning and collect back after work.

As a worker, can you work in a place where it is required that you submit your phone?

Drop your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by LordBillionz: 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
What happens at emergency occurrence at home that your attention is needed?

Did they make a provision for means of reaching employees in such case?

If there isn't such provision, I won't do the work irrespective of the pay.

Employee's welfare should be a consideration

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by finallybusy: 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
If it pays well.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by TheGift: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2023
It depends, submitting your phone is very normal in some industries.

Especially industries that's have high security and high intellectual property theft risks.

If it is a role that
1. Fits with my PASSION,
2. I have TALENT in and
3. for which there His High DEMAND & REMUNERATION (I.e PAY) well, my answer is "YES!"

Otherwise, NO!

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by deltateam: 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:

Drop your opinion.

If they can pay half a million monthly salary.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by abobote: 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
LordBillionz:
What happens at emergency occurrence at home that your attention is needed?

Did they make a provision for means of reaching employees in such case?

If there isn't such provision, I won't do the work irrespective of the pay.

Employee's welfare should be a consideration
Normally your family will have your office number, they can reach you through the office, in case of emergency
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by izubext007: 7:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
If hungry wire u and ur neighbor accuse of stealing some thing due joblessness , u go submit ur phone and wallet and start work for the day
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by ppogba: 7:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
You will not ask this question if;
1. You have been unemployed for some years after graduation and you have such a job offer.

2. You are unemployed and your parents are still training your junior ones in school.

3. If your CV has been used to sell groundnut several times.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Originalsly: 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
Nothing new .... it is a big distraction. If it's an emergency then the person should be calling the employer and the employer notifying the employee. Too many emergencies ... that person will be next to let go. Amazing some people jobless.... but will turn down job because of phone restriction ... then blame Tinubu Buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by tunwumi: 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
If you have stayed at home for just 1 year, no condition given to you can that you will find difficult to obey

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by boom99(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
Yes. If they pay 2m per month
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Ayodele1987(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
A case study is Apple & Pear along Sagamu-Abeokuta express way
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by xevove2061: 7:57pm On Apr 01, 2023
No. Its not even abiut the phone submission. Any jobs that insists on submitting your phone is a shitty job.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Bahamas95(m): 7:59pm On Apr 01, 2023
Even without been told I don't enter the power plant with my phone because I hate distraction. They don't impose it on us to drop our phones at the security post but common sense would tell you to leave your phone(s) in the office to avoid endangering your life and that of your colleagues.

The only time I touch my phone is when am relaxing in the office or at lunch time.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by mechanics(m): 8:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
Not in a government agency.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Tonytonex(m): 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
Depends. If the pay is huge, why not?
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Kobicove(m): 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
ogoloray:
I've always thought of jobs like that to be weird and disgusting... I mean, what if an emergency call comes thru? Perhaps a call that could save your life, or change your life for good...

I honestly feel it's not worth it!

If you are doing a job that requires the use of heavy machinery that requires concentration you do not need to have your phone with you undecided
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
Yes. In 2020, i worked in a hotel where we submit our phones at the gate. The joy i feel when i pick up my phone, check to see that btc has gone up is indescribable. Mehn i enjoyed btc during november - december 2020.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by ford101: 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
flexyrule:
U no ready be that.

When you have mouths to feed, bills to pay and family responsibilities, having a phone while at work will be the least of your problems.

What am I even saying?

If you were a military personnel drafted to the warfront, would you even be thinking of your phone?
who be this mugu.even in ragging battle fronts,after victory if u have a camera you can snap as much as you like.war front and war time pics.even in action some mugu camera men ll still be snaping and recording
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Natbrowny: 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
nkemjacob2:
snick
Sneak
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by greggng: 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:

Drop your opinion.

I once did that type of job . It was baba ijebu lotto. We were more than 500k that applied but only 50 of us were selected after we passed permutation and combination test . They were moving from paper to computer system ..our duty is to endure the stakes are okay . Anyone that is not okay we most correct it.

The job is night job ...you most resume by 7pm till the next day ...you are to be searched by a male security guard if you are a male ...female security guard if you are a female . Phones most be submitted before you resume...you sign to get it back when you are going in the morning. The pay is N1k per night ...is one day on, one day off ..

I resigned when the N1k couldn't sustain me

3 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by traihit: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2023
I once did.

It was an international school where the director or school admin restricted teachers from accessing their phones during class hours.

You submit your phone with the school secretary and you can only pick it after the school has closed.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Emma1Oj(m): 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2023
Very common with the indians managing coy.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by flexyrule(m): 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2023
ford101:
who be this mugu.even in ragging battle fronts,after victory if u have a camera you can snap as much as you like.war front and war time pics.even in action some mugu camera men ll still be snaping and recording
I see that your location as indicated on your profile is Abuja.

Can we meet at Cedi Plaza, CBD tomorrow by 11am, so that you can call me that mugu face to face?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much / How To Start A Presentation That Will Capture Your Audience / Top Black CEOs At Global Corporations And Lessons From Their Careers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.