Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

US Authorises Importation Of Oha Leaves From Nigeria - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / US Authorises Importation Of Oha Leaves From Nigeria (44807 Views)

An Oha Plantation / Senate Seeks Ban On Importation Of Palm Oil Into Nigeria / Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: US Authorises Importation Of Oha Leaves From Nigeria by Konquest: 10:05pm On Jan 05
dre11:
“We are advising the public of our decision to authorise the importation of fresh Oha leaves (Pterocarpus mildbraedii) from Nigeria into the continental United States,” a memo seen by PREMIUM TIMES said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/591209-us-authorises-importation-of-oha-leaves-from-nigeria.html
Re: US Authorises Importation Of Oha Leaves From Nigeria by Konquest: 10:13pm On Jan 05
Mindlog:

Congo has Oha, egusi, ukwa, achi etc used differently. When I lived in Nairobi, I got them from Congo.

By the way, most of the Oha sold in many markets in Lagos comes from Ondo state....ga ju ese.
Interesting.
Re: US Authorises Importation Of Oha Leaves From Nigeria by Konquest: 10:14pm On Jan 05
seaenergy:

As a Traveller some trees in south East never been found in other countries despite Wikipedia telling you that it's all over other countries., Such as Oha, Ugolo, ukwa, ubune, udera and the less
Those trees you listed are not indigenous to the South East alone when you find out what names they are called in other regions of Nigeria and indeed other countries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Grown/ready To Harvest Fish Pond / Someone Gave Us This Pig As Gift / My Goat Farm Startup (my Diary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.