Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,821 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? (23754 Views)

See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / I’m A Graduate, My Husband Is A Welder, We Don’t Belong In The Same Class —wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Lol. Nice.

That baby will def make noise here. Eyes open to see it.

Do you want to be its godparent? 🙈
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
bugatti02:
Start a project in your name only...... Make sure the title documents are kept private. Then. Keep building while she take care of the house and all.
Na mumu ideas like this one dey always backfire on the man worst. undecided
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by BRATISLAVA: 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Do you want to be its godparent? 🙈

Yes.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by limcar: 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
olamilarks:

Na so my wife start this allowance talk recently, I refused it with a strong face, go and meet your daddy for a pocket money!
she dey give you sex?
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by do4luv14(m): 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Tell OP ooo! grin

No need OP dey See our convo
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Yes.

😅
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by limcar: 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
ukaface:
Did you guys discuss this before marriage?
If you did then why art thou complaining
If you didn’t, why didn’t you? Don’t you know finance is one important thing to discuss before starting a family?

Now you Dey drop question for Nl, Abeg o
when I marry, you will contribute 50% if not I send you back to your father's house
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by BRATISLAVA: 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
Magnoliaa:

😅

I won't be around to change the diapers, and that's the best kind of baby. Your baby. grin
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Biglittlelois(f): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2023
Klass99:

She's the one, you can always tell from her self righteous, judgmental, I holy pass and foolish posts.

She was also identified and called out with this current moniker by people who are very familiar with her NL post history.

Lol I'm not surprised.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by fortunateme: 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. We are talking here about traditional marriage which is endorsed by Nigerian law. undecided
The law I sited for you covers all forms of marriage recognized by law.
Check out VAP act again.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2023
fortunateme:
■ The law I sited for you covers all forms of marriage recognized by law. Check out VAP act again.
1. Can you provide a reference to this VAP where it states that it is illegal for a man to sit as a traditional husband — 100% financial responsibility — in marriage when the woman earns income? undecided
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:53pm On Apr 02, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
I won't be around to change the diapers, and that's the best kind of baby. Your baby. grin

Why do I feel like you're referring to something else entirely? 🤣

I don't know. Anyhow...well, let me go and breast-feed it. C U L8er. 🤭
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by correctguy101(m): 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. She works and she makes good money so you are not married to a "liability" yet you want to live as though you are, why? undecided

2. She works and makes good money so you are not married to a "liability" yet you want to live as though you are, why? undecided

Did you know that if you and your wife shared the bills 50-50 or even 60-40, while you are both responsible for the upkeep of your family, it will also help you both make wise decisions for the sake of your marriage and family - number of children you can both handle, how much to put aside as a couple for their future, emergency savings, business investments, etc.? undecided

Your opinion makes sense to this ancestor.

I support every man who spends even lavishly on their women but if you no get and you wan dey force yourself dey do wetin your power no reach, smh, I pity your future.....

If you had given her a wrong impression about your financial status, Mr man, go and clear yourself and confess your sins so the small girl no go dey think say the money dey and you no wan show her love

Married people and their wahala sef... angry
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by BRATISLAVA: 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Why do I feel like you're referring to something else entirely? 🤣

I don't know. Anyhow...well, let me go and breast-feed it. C U L8er. 🤭

grin grin

Catch you later.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by fortunateme: 6:02pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Can you provide a reference to this VAP where it states that it is illegal for a man to sit as a traditional husband — 100% financial responsibility — in marriage when the woman earns income? undecided
No the law says that if both parties are working then both parties should contribute to family upkeep.

Check section 12 subsection 2
https://lawnigeria.com/2019/11/violence-against-persons-prohibition-act-2014/
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 6:02pm On Apr 02, 2023
grin
EriMma1:
This is why I'll never marry an average income earner because they can complain and press calculator? See all of them here. Calculator pressers.
That is why i advise men not to get married until they have a high income job, to avoid all this kind of headache but no, that small thing dangling under can't wait to start eating what the big boys are eating. They just jump enter marriage with 120k salary and start punching calculator here and there.

So when it comes to giving your wife money, mathematics go enter am?. You can't give her money to maintain that same body you mount every now and then? Na him you turn financial expert seeker/adviser.? SMH. This generation of men have lost it.

Na this kind things make marriage no dey hungry me again because if all a man can offer is to panel-beat my body and not care whether knots and bolts don dey loose or find it difficult to give me when I request, then ill rather live singularly, work and take care of myself without stress or any body knacking me up and down with no benefits or care. abi you wan dey chop me make i no chop you back? Damn! Na wa o.

Oga, give her pocket money. Na that one she go take know say she marry. Men are supposed to spend on their wife's, working class or not. That is why igbos name their wifes Oriakum, "eater of my wealth". It is your obligation to spend on her. I'm guessing you're Yoruba otherwise mouth no go gree you come talk this kind thing outside. I'm sure all your supporters here na Yoruba men. Kobojunkie number one.

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by ukaface(f): 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2023
limcar:
when I marry, you will contribute 50% if not I send you back to your father's house
OYO
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2023
correctguy101:
■ Your opinion makes sense to this ancestor. I support every man who spends even lavishly on their women but if you no get and you wan dey force yourself dey do wetin your power no reach, smh, I pity your future.....If you had given her a wrong impression about your financial status, Mr man, go and clear yourself and confess your sins so the small girl no go dey think say the money dey and you no wan show her love. Married people and their wahala sef... angry
1. Love ke? Love does not sit as if a god over another abeg! That whole traditional arrangement where the man sits as king over his woman was never about love but about making sure the man's ego is at least pumped in marriage. undecided
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Mystery9(m): 6:07pm On Apr 02, 2023
Greetings sir, I just the pity you. Your wife have the potential of dumping you if you go broke. I wonder whether you been no notice all these before marrying her. Show her that marriage is not the sole duty if a man. Shikina.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by sharone21(f): 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2023
limcar:

Na wa ooo for 50%

What is the MAIN role of a man: LOOK FOR MONEY as it is easier being a man than a woman.

Say na u go carry pregnancy and born 2-4 kids? Because woman will play ALL her roles and still look for money. Some women can do more than this depending on the husband's initial LOVE and CARE for her.

To the Op : For now, she may not get anything or little pocket money after all person when u go dey sleep with supposed dey happy.

Later, u can increase this pocket money( not salar y) a bit for peace sake.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2023
fortunateme:
■ No the law says that if both parties are working then both parties should contribute to family upkeep.
Check section 12 subsection 2
https://lawnigeria.com/2019/11/violence-against-persons-prohibition-act-2014/
1. Are you certain you got the right section? undecided

OP is in a traditional marriage, not a forced situation. lipsrsealed

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by chiefolododo(m): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Even if ya woman is president if you dont give woman money,no sweet marriage ooh!! Money and woman na five and six.High corruotion in Nigeria is caused by women,most of the gobernors and govt people get 20wives per person And girlfriends uncountable,their children nko over 40 in numbers. Census dey come to confuse naija peopleangry

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by phemmyfour: 6:12pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
Hello all, I need to know if I'm doing some things right or over reacting.

My wife and I just married some months ago and we just spend here and there on stuffs. I bought food stuffs in the house and told her I will place her on 40k monthly to cover for soups and all and I expect her to add to it if it's not enough.

I foot all bills- house rent, Power, and all . She earns a decent 6 figures salary also which is slightly higher than mine without the allowances I get.

She expects me to still give her another allowance apart from the 49k I give her for food.

Each time she buys stuff in the house she always want me to pay back in full; most times, I just pay a part of it which she always frowns and complains about.

It appears she has a notion that her money is her money and mine is ours.

My income is more than hers though.

Do you think I should still give her personal pocket money?
yes

According to financial law governing marriage

Your money = our money
Her money = her money
(Any support you get from her is voluntary not under compulsion.)
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Mystery9(m): 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:
This is why I'll never marry an average income earner because they can complain and press calculator? See all of them here. Calculator pressers.
That is why i advise men not to get married until they have a high income job, to avoid all this kind of headache but no, that small thing dangling under can't wait to start eating what the big boys are eating. They just jump enter marriage with 120k salary and start punching calculator here and there.

So when it comes to giving your wife money, mathematics go enter am?. You can't give her money to maintain that same body you mount every now and then? Na him you turn financial expert seeker/adviser.? SMH. This generation of men have lost it.

Na this kind things make marriage no dey hungry me again because if all a man can offer is to panel-beat my body and not care whether knots and bolts don dey loose or find it difficult to give me when I request, then ill rather live singularly, work and take care of myself without stress or any body knacking me up and down with no benefits or care. abi you wan dey chop me make i no chop you back? Damn! Na wa o.

Oga, give her pocket money. Na that one she go take know say she marry. Men are supposed to spend on their wife's, working class or not. That is why igbos name their wifes Oriakum, "eater of my wealth". It is your obligation to spend on her. I'm guessing you're Yoruba otherwise mouth no go gree you come talk this kind thing outside. I'm sure all your supporters here na Yoruba men. Kobojunkie number one.

Stupidity
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by duduade: 6:16pm On Apr 02, 2023
As a man all I see from most of the men who have commented here are that most men are leaches … what happened to footing your bills without eyeing your wife s salary

Tufiakwa on my sex

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by SalJay(m): 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:

This mentality of yours will do you no good
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Dskillful(m): 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2023
Bros give her entitlement ooo
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Dskillful(m): 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2023
But if she's earning 6 figure salary her conscience should tell her that you have tried enough
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by correctguy101(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Love ke? Love does not sit as if a god over another abeg! That whole traditional arrangement where the man sits as king over his woman was never about love but about making sure the man's ego is at least pumped in marriage. undecided

This daddy does not remember talking anything about love in his earlier post.

Ah yes, like I said before, your post makes sense and the second part of this post I quoted resonates heavily with this ancestor.

Marriage in the first place was as exactly as you put it, to subdue, possess, and yes maybe satisfy the vanity of man to feel superior over the women folk. That was why it was created in the first place .

Well, today we all know that's a failed project. So everybody just dey act on their own now.

We now subconsciously understand marriage is just a ceremony. Most of us can skip the ceremony if we want to or even postpone it indefinitely.

As for you, your eye too open, I dey suspect say you be another daddy wey dey form small boy for NL.

Old man talk true o...
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2023
correctguy101:
■ This daddy does not remember talking anything about love in his earlier post. Ah yes, like I said before, your post makes sense and the second part of this post I quoted resonates heavily with this ancestor. Marriage in the first place was as exactly as you put it, to subdue, possess, and yes maybe satisfy the vanity of man to feel superior over the women folk. That was why it was created in the first place . Well, today we all know that's a failed project. So everybody just dey act on their own now. We now subconsciously understand marriage is just a ceremony. Most of us can skip the ceremony if we want to or even postpone it indefinitely. As for you, your eye too open, I dey suspect say you be another daddy wey dey form small boy for NL. Old man talk true o...
1. Wait a second...No let the "marriage is glory" crew hear this one ooo!

ROFLMAO
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by MartinsD12(m): 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I don't think you are married, I think that is the arrangement with 70% of the marriages. The women are saving and investing their own money, while the men are claiming sole provider.

Some of these women will now support when they are in their 50s or when the children will be in the University, I am referring to working class women.

They decided to support at this stage because pepper no too dey for the man again.

The children will believe their mothers sponsored their university education.

Life expectancy in Nigeria is about 55, by that time the men would have died.

One of the tricks to prolong your life as a man in Nigeria.
1. Live below your means
2.Dont try to impress anybody
3. Save and invest for the future.
4.Pray for the best, plan for the unexpected and prepare for the worst
Read what op posted there, the woman is not planning for any future of their children at least the writer didn't tell us so
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by MartinsD12(m): 6:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The vast majority of said men live in poverty in today's Nigeria. They chose hypogamy for their sake and are reaping the curse of poverty that goes along with it. undecided

2. OP knows he will likely lose his sit as a god in his marriage if he tells his wife to contribute financially to the upkeep of the marriage and family and that causes panic in many Nigerian men. That is why he is here. undecided
It's wrong though such notion is wrong, a house wife is a big no for me

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Are You Surviving In This Economy? / Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? / Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.