Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,368 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? (23744 Views)

See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / I’m A Graduate, My Husband Is A Welder, We Don’t Belong In The Same Class —wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by EriMma1: 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2023
seanwilliam:

But from the look of thing , largest part of his earnings goes to paying house bills . And I know as a woman, you still expect your man to have investments/savings for the future and plan ahead on how you’ll take care of kiddos.

With all this, knowing fully well he barely has anything left , would you still expect him to give you ‘extra cash’ time to time while you’re working and literally don’t contribute financially to house upkeep?.

Teach me how to navigate this.

According to him the woman is making up the 40k he gives her from her own purse. So she already shares in the upkeep therefore it still makes sense appreciate with a token her with a token. No matter how small, it's something.

There's this joy when your husband dash you money. It gives one this sense of assurance.

Mind you, some men that complain they don't have money will still go outside and be dashing small small girls money. So if dash your wife too, no biggies.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Tony4000: 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2023
What’s it with all these “does not love you” Nawa ooooo for people sha
yemmit90:
@EriMma1, if you work and earn a decent 6 figure, and you still dragging pocket money with your husband, then you must be a wicked useless wife. What on earth will you be doing with your monthly salary? I guess you will be spending it on yourself, family and personal developments, while the innocent son of another woman keep labouring to take care of you till he develop terminal stress or HBP and die before his time?

See, you are not doing him any favour by marrying him or give him sex, because he can always get the same favour without getting married to anyone. He only marries you as a partner, team player and assistant to run a family. Besides, he did not benefits more in this arrangement than you or has advantage over you in future, so why expecting him to carry all the loads alone while you earn decent income and not an handicap?

@op, if you spend all your youth days to satisfy ungrateful woman and fail to plan for your future, she will eventually spend her money on your children later in future when you must have gone broke or unable to make better money again and turn them against you at old age. She will made them believe you were useless ever since she married you. They will believes her because she is the one currently spending on them. By that time, her major focus would be to make you suffer and die alone.

A woman who earn in 6 figures but still expecting a mere pocket money from you does not love you, she is capable of doing something unimaginable to you in future.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by poseidon12: 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:
This is why I'll never marry an average income earner because they can complain and press calculator? See all of them here. Calculator pressers.
That is why i advise men not to get married until they have a high income job, to avoid all this kind of headache but no, that small thing dangling under can't wait to start eating what the big boys are eating. They just jump enter marriage with 120k salary and start punching calculator here and there.

So when it comes to giving your wife money, mathematics go enter am?. You can't give her money to maintain that same body you mount every now and then? Na him you turn financial expert seeker/adviser.? SMH. This generation of men have lost it.

Na this kind things make marriage no dey hungry me again because if all a man can offer is to panel-beat my body and not care whether knots and bolts don dey loose or find it difficult to give me when I request, then ill rather live singularly, work and take care of myself without stress or any body knacking me up and down with no benefits or care. abi you wan dey chop me make i no chop you back? Damn! Na wa o.

Oga, give her pocket money. Na that one she go take know say she marry. Men are supposed to spend on their wife's, working class or not. That is why igbos name their wifes Oriakum, "eater of my wealth". It is your obligation to spend on her. I'm guessing you're Yoruba otherwise mouth no go gree you come talk this kind thing outside. I'm sure all your supporters here na Yoruba men. Kobojunkie number one.

Typical Nigerian lady. Definitely not a wife material.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by frozen70(f): 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
00FFT00:

Good advice, but you sidestepped the crux of his question, which is, whether his wife is right in her behavior or not.

She is not right but women are drama queens
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by poseidon12: 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
Exodus15v11:
You're
-footing all the bills in the house
-buying all the food for the house
-placing her on 40k salary
-doing more than enough

It's not too much at all for her to use from her own money (she works and makes good salary) for any other little thing left, not ask for more money or for you to pay her back. Marriage is supposed to be a partnership in which you're both loving helpmates to each other, not one person mooching off the other completely. You're doing more than your own part, but sounds like you married someone who doesn't hold these values.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
do4luv14:
■ If you believe that talk, Then you should prepare for the worst, marriage is a journey, A journey into the future, She can't sla> the responsibility of the house, bills, and Allowances on him alone, And when the Kids start coming, will she now ask for an increased allowance Or why do you think most men are encouraging their wives to work or do business
1. If the man is willing to renegotiate his role as a traditional husband in the marriage, then fine. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with her continuing as a traditional wife in her marriage. undecided
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by gr8cany: 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
Hello all, I need to know if I'm doing some things right or over reacting.

My wife and I just married some months ago and we just spend here and there on stuffs. I bought food stuffs in the house and told her I will place her on 40k monthly to cover for soups and all and I expect her to add to it if it's not enough.

I foot all bills- house rent, Power, and all . She earns a decent 6 figures salary also which is slightly higher than mine without the allowances I get.

She expects me to still give her another allowance apart from the 49k I give her for food.

Each time she buys stuff in the house she always want me to pay back in full; most times, I just pay a part of it which she always frowns and complains about.

It appears she has a notion that her money is her money and mine is ours.

My income is more than hers though.

Do you think I should still give her personal pocket money?
You married a wolf.
Think bro
I have a wife, she earns higher than me. I senior her by 6 years. I trained her in mastes and PhD though..but her monies acrues to mine and we have no problem financially as she asks for approval from me in all her expenses, I never decline anything she wish to spend on. We believe we are one and my wealth or hers is mine..marry who believe in you.. don't rush marriage and be man in your marriage..it's not a must you pay you wife ..it then looks you are buying punna or the likes forever..you got your brain to think

3 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Connected1: 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
NoToPile:

SMH.
Yeah SMH

Women are to be loved not respected or worshipped.

Rules must be made to maintain discipline.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
■ I love traditional men. It took a traditional man, 21 years into his marriage before he got to know that his wife was his landlady. Not knowing that the rent he had been paying in the last 5 years went to his wife The case is now in the court, the traditional man wanted to claim ownership of the property

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Olowosaudi(m): 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
Hmmm. Your instinct has already answered your questions. You earn almost same salary and you spend most in maintaining the family bills and still keep her on month my allowance as well. Its alright man. Its your life and your cross to bear. Sadly, many of us men make the mistake that a woman loyalty can be bought with money when its obvious here that she is just being hreedy with her own money. Tomoro when you are down with no money, you will come back to nairaland to complain that women are hreedy when it comes to money. Ignore the red flags because of the enjoyment she is giving u.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by MartinsD12(m): 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Calculator brigade. Erimma1 is right. Boys that wail at women and money.

The only thing you see that should be equal in marriage is money. Gold diggers disguised as men looking for equality. Equality in only money and nothing else. There's only one type of man who wants equality in money.

I think you definitely don't understand what marriage is or maybe you are a kid , keep quiet boy, I have seen couples that unite and contribute their earnings for the running of the family, they plan and execute everything together, such marriage tend to last it's more sweeter .

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by mich2012: 4:37pm On Apr 02, 2023
Nazgul:
Didn't you guys date before getting married. Sometimes when I read questions like this, I do ask myself if you guys just met each other and got married the same day. Cos this my dear friend is what you should discuss with whoever you're planning a future with.

Also, your wife doesn't love you. Once you're dating a girl, and she feels it's odd to spend her money on you, kindly let her be. Cos such girl can never support you financially in marriage. The problem with a lot of foolish boys today is that they'll feel it's normal, many would even defend the girl if you try to advice them and tell you that it's a man's responsibility to take care of his woman.

But when reality begins to hit them in marriage, they'll be the first to complain...

My take is that your wife doesn't love you.

You've said it all
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
MartinsD12:
■ Not any more , not in this modern age , that's was the tradition of our forefathers not in this modern age , this tradition made the man to struggle alone while dying early , look around you , you will notice that our grand father's most of them are all dead , grand ma's are more , they are the one's to live to see the fruit of their labour the same labour that our grandparents put in place today they are no longer alive to reap the fruit of that labour rather it's grandma everywhere even in my own villa you hardly see grandpa alive because grandpa struggle to Carter for everything the family needs alone
1. I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you but most Nigerian men continue to embrace hypogamy in marriage — having the woman live as a liability in the union— as their right to sit as gods in marriage over their women, like their grandfathers and fathers before them. undecided
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Olowosaudi(m): 4:40pm On Apr 02, 2023
History555:

Wat is wrong with today's men. Why will ur wife dictate to u. Let me tell you op, women hve no respect for men who are push over including their husband. Continue acting like a wimp
Leave him to continue to allow his third leg becloud his sense of reasoninng.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by almarthins(m): 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
Praisepriest:
You won't have savings not to talk of a future. If your salary is ,#100. Feeding should be #40, give her #10. You too take #15, parents #10 invest the rest for future. Women will push you into well and claim innocency

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by zed7: 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I love traditional men. It took a traditional man, 21 years into his marriage before he got to know that his wife was his landlady. Not knowing that the rent he had been paying in the last 5 years went to his wife

The case is now in the court, the traditional man wanted to claim ownership of the property

What is the meaning of traditional? I hate in when boys who can't keep a 2 weeks relationship dabble into adult talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by blacksam01: 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
there i nothing we wont see with women
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by fortunateme: 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
poshestmina:
Her income is her 'pocket money' except you willingly want to occasionally pay for her hair ,buy her toiletries etc WILLINGLY!.

Legally, this is wrong. If she earns she meant to contribute to the family upkeep. Legally.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by kingsceemark(m): 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

My wife and I just married some months ago and we just spend here and there on stuffs. I bought food stuffs in the house and told her I will place her on 40k monthly to cover for soups and all and I expect her to add to it if it's not enough.

I foot all bills- house rent, Power, and all . She earns a decent 6 figures salary also which is slightly higher than mine without the allowances I get.

She expects me to still give her another allowance apart from the 49k I give her for food.

Each time she buys stuff in the house she always want me to pay back in full; most times, I just pay a part of it which she always frowns and complains about.

You just entered one chance, marrying a Nigeria girl is like training a full grown lion in the house, wey fit swallow you alive anytime hungry over catch it, apart from their usual bragging Kpekus, Nigeria girls has nothing to offer in their marriage

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by MuslimIgbo: 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Your wife is definitely a selfish, greedy person and doesn't love you for real.
You can choose to believe what you like.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by MartinsD12(m): 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you but most Nigerian men continue to embrace hypogamy in marriage — having the woman live as a liability in the union— as their right to sit as gods in marriage over their women, like their grandfathers and fathers before them. undecided
In this case it's different, those men you mentioned might be well to do comfortable, but in op case he is not that comfortable he is a salary earner but his wife earns more than him yet doesn't want to contribute to family upkeep
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2023
ebenholer2:

BUILDING A RELATIONSHIP ON LIES CAN CAUSE MORE DAMAGE THAN GOOD. I WILL NOT IN ANYWAY SUPPORT YOU BEING UNTRUTHFUL TO YOUR SPOUSE NO MATTER WHAT. BRINGING TO THE UNDERSTANDING AND PRAYERFULLY CHANGE HER OBSESSION ARE WHAT IS NEEDED.
Don't be decieved, you might think you are building a ship with a damsel when all she is thinking is your money .

I used the word boroad on purpose .

If I say to you,I will give you too hundred thousand naira.

If I i am telling you with my mouth it might sound as if I am saying N200,000

I deliberately used the word boroad.

Boroad is not the same thing as borrowed .

If I say,I boroad money i have told no lie but made an English sentence that is not correct.

A driver was stopped on the road by SS 3 boys who wanted to extort money from him,he simply told them I am a busy man there is somebody at the motuary and they let him go out of pity but what he simply did was telling them a fact .
Remember there is always somebody in the motuary, so he never lied.

If someone comes to borrow money from you and you don't want to give them just simply say ;

"Pepper never ripe "
Remember there is always a pepper in the farm that has not riped.

Abraham introduced Sarah as his sister which made the king to take Sarah into his house but God did not allow the king to touch Sarah .
ABRAHAM DID NOT LIE,SARAH WAS ACTUALLY HIS SISTER TOO .

BE WISE
Genesis 20:1-5 And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar.

And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.

But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.

But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?

Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.

If you turn these alphabets upside down they would mean something else"the alphabets in the photo below ".

Be Wise .
Trust no man.
As a security expert, we don't treat letters with grammatical errors seriously .

Modified
Females are very sensitive in knowing if you are a mugu money spender or a real guy man and they love guy man pass.

She might play with your intelligence by sending you a message like this:

She might just keep pen on her hand so she is not lying when she says I have pen on my hand and also she has the right not to want to speak on phone with anyone until she changes her mind.

"SMS
I have pen on my hand,I need 10k to visit the hospital to buy drugs,I don't want to talk on phone now . "

She might just need k k k k k k k k k k response but if you fall for it and send any cash she will see you as a mugu.

Conversation between a professor and a student
Student: sir,I failed your course what should i do ?
professor : I would give you a sea if you sleep with me

Student: ok ... thinking Prof. meant a C grade
After failing the course again, Prof told the girl he is a human being and doesn't have the power to give anybody a sea.

Try to read between the lines.
Instead of a full cow to run lost cut the cow tail for cow pepper soup while you still continue to pursue the cow.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Iamzik: 4:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:
This is why I'll never marry an average income earner because they can complain and press calculator? See all of them here. Calculator pressers.
That is why i advise men not to get married until they have a high income job, to avoid all this kind of headache but no, that small thing dangling under can't wait to start eating what the big boys are eating. They just jump enter marriage with 120k salary and start punching calculator here and there.

So when it comes to giving your wife money, mathematics go enter am?. You can't give her money to maintain that same body you mount every now and then? Na him you turn financial expert seeker/adviser.? SMH. This generation of men have lost it.

Na this kind things make marriage no dey hungry me again because if all a man can offer is to panel-beat my body and not care whether knots and bolts don dey loose or find it difficult to give me when I request, then ill rather live singularly, work and take care of myself without stress or any body knacking me up and down with no benefits or care. abi you wan dey chop me make i no chop you back? Damn! Na wa o.

Oga, give her pocket money. Na that one she go take know say she marry. Men are supposed to spend on their wife's, working class or not. That is why igbos name their wifes Oriakum, "eater of my wealth". It is your obligation to spend on her. I'm guessing you're Yoruba otherwise mouth no go gree you come talk this kind thing outside. I'm sure all your supporters here na Yoruba men. Kobojunkie number one.

The summary of your write-up is that you see yourself as a sex object and anybody sleeping with you must pay you. You no dey enjoy the nacking?

It's a sorry way to think of a man you are married to

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by mechanics(m): 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
You should have discussed this issue during the courtship, it's then you would have known her true sides concerning the issue of financing the home, just sit her down and explain things to her that giving her allowance after paying for foodstuffs does not make sense, you both should have a saving plan, like open a fixed deposit account and be saving into it for future purpose.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Okiton: 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

she buy something that will benefit her, perhaps food items in the market and expect u to refund her the money back.
Àaaaaaah brother u don enter

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Popeonah(m): 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Omo, the know you wife more than all of all here. The things she does, how she behaves and what she likes. You know the best advice you can get. We don't know your wife... Besides, she is your wife.... Talk with her
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by BRATISLAVA: 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2023
MartinsD12:

I think you definitely don't understand what marriage is or maybe you are a kid , keep quiet boy, I have seen couples that unite and contribute their earnings for the running of the family, they plan and execute everything together, such marriage tend to last it's more sweeter .

Says the confused boy chief of the calculator brigade.

You've seen couples, you've seen couples blah, blah, blah. But are YOU a married person, and your vain grasshopper theories you share here are what you've used to build up YOUR family?

Obviously not, bub.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by BRATISLAVA: 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2023
Magnoliaa:

👀👀

Magma, where on earth have you been?

Welcome back. I've missed your posts.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by BRATISLAVA: 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2023
zed7:

What is the meaning of traditional? I hate in when boys who can't keep a 2 weeks relationship dabble into adult talk.

Lol.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by shaye007(m): 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

It's simple you have noticed all these before ton got married to her, thinking she will change after marriage. You have to set a financial goal with her. If not you are in for a long ride and might start stealing from your employer, you can imagine the rest
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2023
MartinsD12:

In this case it's different, those men you mentioned might be well to do comfortable, but in op case he is not that comfortable he is a salary earner but his wife earns more than him yet doesn't want to contribute to family upkeep

I don't think you are married, I think that is the arrangement with 70% of the marriages. The women are saving and investing their own money, while the men are claiming sole provider.

Some of these women will now support when they are in their 50s or when the children will be in the University, I am referring to working class women.

They decided to support at this stage because pepper no too dey for the man again.

The children will believe their mothers sponsored their university education.

Life expectancy in Nigeria is about 55, by that time the men would have died.

One of the tricks to prolong your life as a man in Nigeria.
1. Live below your means
2.Dont try to impress anybody
3. Save and invest for the future.
4.Pray for the best, plan for the unexpected and prepare for the worst

6 Likes

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Watinhapen(m): 5:06pm On Apr 02, 2023
If you and your wife are earning almost the same salary and you’re using your own for the upkeep of the family, what then is she using her own for?? She even wants you to pay her monthly allowance on top of her salary that she’s not touching. Does she knows that the family belongs to both the man and the woman? You and your wife should have a bank account that you save money for major projects. If you save for example 100k, your wife should be able to save at least 50k every month. A woman that believes her money is for her alone shouldn’t marry in the first place. She should be alone to enjoy her money alone. As a man, you should also be able to control your wife’s finances. If you don’t know how your wife spends her money then something is wrong somewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How Are You Surviving In This Economy? / Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? / Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.