Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? (23713 Views)

See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / I’m A Graduate, My Husband Is A Welder, We Don’t Belong In The Same Class —wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
MartinsD12:
■ It's wrong though such notion is wrong, a house wife is a big no for me
1. This is Nigeria we are talking about here, where commonsense remains a stranger. undecided
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by correctguy101(m): 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Wait a second...No let the "marriage is glory" crew hear this one ooo!

ROFLMAO
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

Never laff na...

I seriously dey tell you something, you dey laff me, this man sef angry

I said "subconsciously", look around you and you'll know why.

Me get two children from two women, yet I no wan marry despite my mum and eldest daughter pinching.

I use myself dey judge the world ni o

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by MartinsD12(m): 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. This is Nigeria we are talking about here, where commonsense remains a stranger. undecided
I understand though, most men do that though marry a wife , keep her at home to become a house wife and go hustling for money himself alone but in op case they are both working with the wife being selfish to spend money on the family upkeep and future planning even when she knows the man is earning lesser than what she earns

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by bugatti02(m): 6:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie don't get me wrong..... That doesn't mean the man won't support at the house as well.........all I mean is an opportunity to start up something to invest on before family expenses takes all the money. ..
Kobojunkie:
Na mumu ideas like this one dey always backfire on the man worst. undecided
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by longifilis(m): 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
Hello all, I need to know if I'm doing some things right or over reacting.

My wife and I just married some months ago and we just spend here and there on stuffs. I bought food stuffs in the house and told her I will place her on 40k monthly to cover for soups and all and I expect her to add to it if it's not enough.

I foot all bills- house rent, Power, and all . She earns a decent 6 figures salary also which is slightly higher than mine without the allowances I get.

She expects me to still give her another allowance apart from the 49k I give her for food.

Each time she buys stuff in the house she always want me to pay back in full; most times, I just pay a part of it which she always frowns and complains about.

It appears she has a notion that her money is her money and mine is ours.

Stop confusing

My income is more than hers though.

Do you think I should still give her personal pocket money?
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
MartinsD12:
■ I understand though, most men do that though marry a wife , keep her at home to become a house wife and go hustling for money himself alone but in op case they are both working with the wife being selfish to spend money on the family upkeep and future planning even when she knows the man is earning lesser than what she earns
1. She is not being selfish as under the traditional marriage arrangement, she is allowed to keep her money for herself. OP did not conveniently mention to her prior to marriage that what he wants is a different kind of marriage agreement. undecided
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Apr 02, 2023
bugatti02:
Kobojunkie don't get me wrong..... That doesn't mean the man won't support at the house as well.........all I mean is an opportunity to start up something to invest on before family expenses takes all the money. ..
That can only make sense if the man is at least willing to trade his role as a traditional husband in the marriage for the role of a partner instead. undecided
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Namigotalktru: 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
chiefolododo:
Start a project, sit her down and talk about it

Best advice
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

My wife and I just married some months ago and we just spend here and there on stuffs. I bought food stuffs in the house and told her I will place her on 40k monthly to cover for soups and all and I expect her to add to it if it's not enough.

I foot all bills- house rent, Power, and all . She earns a decent 6 figures salary also which is slightly higher than mine without the allowances I get.

She expects me to still give her another allowance apart from the 49k I give her for food.

Each time she buys stuff in the house she always want me to pay back in full; most times, I just pay a part of it which she always frowns and complains about.

Your wife earns more than you if I did read right. Then you are the only one spending. My question is what is she doing with her earnings?

Bro, your wife is saving her money for life after you die. After bills don kill you.

God abeg ooo.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Ceejay94: 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2023
My brother, my own advice is that make sure your wife doesn't kill you.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by mrmislim: 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2023
ProtectMyMoney:
Since you both work, try this out.

Be responsible for all the major spending in the house and drinks.

Let your wife be responsible for only and all the food in the house.

You go chop bone and a slice of meat tire grin
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Isabi4lov: 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

It is my story. Circumstances can be similar you know.

Liar undecided

With same amount and the writing style

Most stories here are from Facebook groups

I don't need to argue this with you ,

If this is your story for real , you should communicate this with your wife first before bringing it here for advice.

Knowing well that people could be judgemental.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2023
MartinsD12:

Read what op posted there, the woman is not planning for any future of their children at least the writer didn't tell us so

Those who did that, were forced to do it in the future when the man is down with strokes in his 50s, the man could not make the type of money he was making in the past.

I tell women close to me to make sure they assist their husbands in the education of their children, because they have more to benefit than the husband

No matter what a man spends on the education of his children, before the man gets N10 from the children the mothers would have gotten N100.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2023
IamtheTruth1:

Your wife earns more than you if I did read right. Then you are the only one spending. My question is what is she doing with her earnings?

Bro, your wife is saving her money for life after you die. After bills don kill you.

God abeg ooo.

Na so. The wife is planning for the unexpected and preparing for the worst
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by PhantomProbe(m): 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:
This is why I'll never marry an average income earner because they can complain and press calculator? See all of them here. Calculator pressers.
That is why i advise men not to get married until they have a high income job, to avoid all this kind of headache but no, that small thing dangling under can't wait to start eating what the big boys are eating. They just jump enter marriage with 120k salary and start punching calculator here and there.

So when it comes to giving your wife money, mathematics go enter am?. You can't give her money to maintain that same body you mount every now and then? Na him you turn financial expert seeker/adviser.? SMH. This generation of men have lost it.

Na this kind things make marriage no dey hungry me again because if all a man can offer is to panel-beat my body and not care whether knots and bolts don dey loose or find it difficult to give me when I request, then ill rather live singularly, work and take care of myself without stress or any body knacking me up and down with no benefits or care. abi you wan dey chop me make i no chop you back? Damn! Na wa o.

Oga, give her pocket money. Na that one she go take know say she marry. Men are supposed to spend on their wife's, working class or not. That is why igbos name their wifes Oriakum, "eater of my wealth". It is your obligation to spend on her. I'm guessing you're Yoruba otherwise mouth no go gree you come talk this kind thing outside. I'm sure all your supporters here na Yoruba men. Kobojunkie number one.

Marriage is a partnership. Not a sex pay-as-you-go contract. Sorry to say, this perspective of yours is simply coming from a prostitution mindset. Any unfortunate man who marries you with this mindset will suffer.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by lavylilly: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2023
shocked
Praisepriest:
You won't have savings not to talk of a future. If your salary is ,#100. Feeding should be #40, give her #10. You too take #15, parents #10 invest the rest for future. Women will push you into well and claim innocency
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by lavylilly: 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2023
kiss
EriMma1:
This is why I'll never marry an average income earner because they can complain and press calculator? See all of them here. Calculator pressers.
That is why i advise men not to get married until they have a high income job, to avoid all this kind of headache but no, that small thing dangling under can't wait to start eating what the big boys are eating. They just jump enter marriage with 120k salary and start punching calculator here and there.

So when it comes to giving your wife money, mathematics go enter am?. You can't give her money to maintain that same body you mount every now and then? Na him you turn financial expert seeker/adviser.? SMH. This generation of men have lost it.

Na this kind things make marriage no dey hungry me again because if all a man can offer is to panel-beat my body and not care whether knots and bolts don dey loose or find it difficult to give me when I request, then ill rather live singularly, work and take care of myself without stress or any body knacking me up and down with no benefits or care. abi you wan dey chop me make i no chop you back? Damn! Na wa o.

Oga, give her pocket money. Na that one she go take know say she marry. Men are supposed to spend on their wife's, working class or not. That is why igbos name their wifes Oriakum, "eater of my wealth". It is your obligation to spend on her. I'm guessing you're Yoruba otherwise mouth no go gree you come talk this kind thing outside. I'm sure all your supporters here na Yoruba men. Kobojunkie number one.

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Odjirigho: 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
It's okay to surprise her with gifts and small small monies when she isn't expecting. It adds a special sweet flavour to the home.
I am only against making it a fixed stuff.

Also try to know what she uses her money for , sit and talk as family to be sure she ain't spending phooleeshly.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by PhantomProbe(m): 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
labake1:
OP, I think you have to sit with her and discuss. If you continue like this, when will both of you start investing in the future. If you are taking caring of rent, power, school fees and other emergency stuff, let her take care of food. You can support a little, for future plans, you can both create a joint account and save some percentage of money every month.

Above all, discuss with your wife
If what he said is true, she won't agree to sit and talk. She has a plan. A sinister plan. You talk of planning for the future? She is currently planning for her future and I can tell you he isn't part of that future. Another angle, he likely used money to poach and marry her. He may very likely have been giving her monthly pocket money while they were dating. My take here is this, there's likely no way back for him now because it's either his wife can't think or she doesn't have his interest at heart. Na to discard. She is damaged goods.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Marriage is only 50/50 if both man and woman agree to it being so. Op seems yet to make that decision even for himself. Most Nigerian men are afraid that their egos cannot handle being equal partners in their own marriage. My guess is OP is unsure he wants a 50/50 arrangement hence the reason why he is asking us this here question. undecided

Exactly 💯

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Kingsean(m): 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

why are you giving her allowance even when she is earning a good salary? why are you doing this? you don turn yourself to maga even inside marriage. after paying for traditional marriage rites and everything. wake up and stop this na. she has seen that you're weak. don't give her anything again and don't beg her. sit her down and let her understand that you guys have to split the bills. you sef you see this kind woman, you still marry am. woman with zero character probably for bragging rights. this kind of woman if you take her abroad, she would take all your properties and throw you out without flinching. she doesn't love you and it's very obvious

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by NoToPile: 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2023
Connected1:

Yeah SMH

Women are to be loved not respected or worshipped.

Rules must be made to maintain discipline.

How is this below which you wrote an act of showing love.

then make her spend her salary on feeding and other subtle expenses, that way, she won't even save much monthly that will make her want to rant with you someday
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by FKMagazine(m): 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

My opinion: If truly she's earning 6 figures as u claimed & she truly loves u sincerely, she shud support you in financing your home expenses on a monthly basis.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by jessylaurel(f): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

That is your job. You're responsible for every bills in the house and also for her allowances. Moreover the 4ok is too small with the hike of prices in the market.
However she can decide to assist, I guess she feels it's to early to be footing Bill's when you just got married you have to show her that you're capable of taking care of the house alone before kids start coming.

1 Like

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by nedekid: 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
I see Wahala wahala undecided
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by jessylaurel(f): 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. She works and she makes good money so you are not married to a "liability" yet you want to live as though you are, why? undecided

2. She works and makes good money so you are not married to a "liability" yet you want to live as though you are, why? undecided

Did you know that if you and your wife shared the bills 50-50 or even 60-40, while you are both responsible for the upkeep of your family, it will also help you both make wise decisions for the sake of your marriage and family - number of children you can both handle, how much to put aside as a couple for their future, emergency savings, business investments, etc.? undecided

It's too early in the marriage to be sharing bills. I'm not saying she shouldn't assist bet he should show that he's capable and when she sees that he can't then she can come in.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by jessylaurel(f): 8:41pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:

Exactly. He should show that he's capable. An igbo can't be dissing out the useless question he's asking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by nedekid: 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
jessylaurel:

That is your job. You're responsible for every bills in the house and also for her allowances. Moreover the 4ok is too small with the hike of prices in the market.
However she can decide to assist, I guess she feels it's to early to be footing Bill's when you just got married you have to show her that you're capable of taking care of the house alone before kids start coming.
Hmm, If you have that mindset of "that is your job" . All I can say is wahala wahala.
Note that unless the person is wealthy like them Obi Cubana and his goons etc, then my reference to wahala wahala is valid.
Note this is a young couple just starting, the man earns, the wife earns. He pays for food and runs the expenses, yet still will pay her allowance. Every expense she makes, she expects a refund.
Na marriage be that?

Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by BarrElChapo(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
EriMma1:

EWU, STFU 🤫🤫🤫.. Oriaku ni, what about she becomes an Odoziaku? Ogbeni go and sit down.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by Jozilinn: 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
I never knew women get monthly soup money,oga your wife never ready to marry why would she be wasting your money like that now, for these naija are you living in your own house? No go dey do pass yourself oh, children never even come sef,you don dey shout oh you better tell am oh.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by EriMma1: 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
jessylaurel:

Exactly. He should show that he's capable. An igbo can't be dissing out the useless question he's asking.
Abi nnem grin.
Re: Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? by BarrElChapo(m): 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
jessylaurel:

Koba akuko onye mgbu. Go out there and see your gender hustling and making their coins and spoiling themselves, you want to be collecting pocket money ontop your salary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

World's Top 10 Youngest Mums / Should I Relocate My Family To My Base Or Not. / How Are You Surviving In This Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.