Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana (54114 Views)

Sue South African Government, Falana Tells Buhari / Father Mbaka 'Embarrasses' Peter Obi For Not Donating To Church (watch) / "This Is Nigeria": Femi Falana Blasts MURIC For Threatening To Sue Falz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by adenigga(m): 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2023
A human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, SAN, has said the reason why his son and rapper, Folarin Falana, popularly known as Falz, embarrasses the government is because of what he was made to experience while growing up.

Falana, while speaking at the 2nd anniversary of Oluyinka Odumakin Lecture in Lagos on Sunday, said his frequent arrests as a legal practitioner always bothered his son in the past.

He noted that this made Falz raised a question if his father was a criminal getting arrested often.

Falana said this days after the release of a new song by his son, titled, ‘Yakubu,’ featuring fellow rapper, Vector.

He said, “One of these guys one day said, ‘Falana talk to your son; he should stop embarrassing the government’. I said which government? You mean that boy who is an adult? Can I give you his number so you can talk to him? But be careful because when that boy was growing up, I was being arrested from time to time. So, the only language he understood was detention, arrest and the rest of them.

“One day, when that boy was six, he asked his mother, “Our teacher taught us that only criminals were arrested. Is my father a criminal? Why is he always being arrested? And the mother had to say that in Nigeria, under the military, only two sets of people were arrested: Criminals suspects and political suspects. Political suspects are those who are out to expose the criminality of the government. That is what you see going on.”

Falz is one of the activists who regularly hold #EndSARS memorial in honour of those whom they believe lost their lives to police brutality in the country.

Source: https://punchng.com/Why-my-son-Falz-embarrasses-govt-Falana

198 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Midehi3(f): 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2023
Useless government cool

339 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Jostoman: 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2023
FALS, VECTOR are one of the artist that i respect so much in Nigeria music industry because they always speak the truth to the government. the only thing this yakubu know how to do best is carrying mandate of a winner give looser.

Their useless BVAS game changer has become mandate Stolen.

460 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by PlayerMeji: 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2023
No be him be the first and he will not be the last...

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2023
Interesting...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Grace04(f): 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
Jostoman:
Useless government the only thing they know how to do best is carrying mandate of a winner give looser.

Their useless BVAS game changer has become mandate Stolen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by overdrive(m): 4:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
Fearless Falz.Saying it as it is.

236 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
Prodigal son

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Phoen1X: 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2023
The last election revealed that jorubas has a large percentage of half igbos amongst their elites,and they are the only group thats vocal and not caught in tinubu's cultic chain insigina....seems falz is one of them.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
Wise father and son.

132 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Bobloco: 4:13pm On Apr 03, 2023
“One day, when that boy was six, he asked his mother, “Our teacher taught us that only criminals were arrested. Is my father a criminal? Why is he always being arrested? And the mother had to say that in Nigeria, under the military, only two sets of people were arrested: Criminals suspects and political suspects. Political suspects are those who are out to expose the criminality of the government. That is what you see going on.”

what we have now is situation whereby political suspects are arrested with trumped-up criminal charges

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by traihit: 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Prodigal son

If you're truly elderly as they claim (your posts here don't indicate that by the way), I'm sure you'd be wishing you have an industrious son like that lawyer-cum-singer that we call Falz.

People like him are the voice of reason against people like you.

259 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by lonecatt(m): 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2023
The Apc should get ready to arrest as many Nigerians they can because we will continue talking. Nigeria is for all of us

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by raskymonojendor: 4:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
He is an adult.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Davash222(m): 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
A courageous man like Falz deserves an Igbo bride.

On that note, I hereby donate my girlfriend. Falz should use her to take hold body until he finds the love of his life.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Larryton(m): 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
In a nutshell, your son is still suffering from the trauma

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by vastolord4(m): 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2023
As honest as I can be, you can never shame the Nigerian government especially if they aren't ashamed of themselves

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by mrvitalis(m): 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2023
Larryton:
In a nutshell, your son is still suffering from the trauma
No he is only fighting so his children dont experience what he experienced as a child and still experiencing as an adult

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by slivertongue: 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2023
NIGERIAN govt acts like a criminal cartel

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Adeolaeniola(m): 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
This is the kind of youth our society needs

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by jaytimeo: 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
This guy is the best musician in Nigeria not those useless musicians promoting drugs and prostitution, this guy deserves an award if we had 5 of these Nigeria would be transformed for good.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Ihateheadslamer: 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
FALZ the bad guy deserves some accolades for labeling professor Yakubu the INEC chairman a fraudster tongue
IyaebeTheGreat:
Prodigal son

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2023
traihit:

If you're truly elderly as they claim (your posts here don't indicate that by the way), I'm sure you'd be wishing you have an industrious son like that lawyer-cum-singer that we call Falz.

People like him are the voice of reason against people like you.

You are talking to a recalcitrant teenager living free in her parent's house. Kindly disregard.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Christistruth03: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2023
Tell him to give up drugs
It would help him control his emotions

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Injera(f): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2023
Phoen1X:
The last election revealed that jorubas has a large percentage of half igbos amongst their elites,and they are the only group thats vocal and not caught in tinubu's cultic chain insigina....seems falz is one of them.
I am one but resolutely for Tinubu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by MMWandali: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2023
Yakubu, are you a fraudster ?

7 Likes

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Putindbutt: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2023
He is only chasing clout with lousy and uninformed youths and fishing for social media followership. Gani Faweyinmi's son is not this reckless.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Karlifate: 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2023
An armed robber is always suspicious, when s/he sees a uniformed personnel with a gun.

4 Likes

Re: Why My Son Falz ’Embarrasses’ Government – Falana by Solsix(m): 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
Lol@ but be careful

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term / Fadaka: Currency For Yoruba, Oduduwa Republic To Be Stronger Than Dollars- Group / Meet The Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Governors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.