Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon (22157 Views)

Fellow Job Hunters Please Help / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 7:27am On Apr 04, 2023
EriMma1:
Hm.. it's people like him that make it difficult for genuine people to get help. Such a wicked soul.

You should have told him to wait for you to finish your interview so both of you can go together.

Never trust a stranger, no matter what.

I totally understand that the mistake I made was leaving the money for him. However, he has taught me a lesson in a hard way.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Umunze1stSon(m): 7:43am On Apr 04, 2023
Mabizeka:
How was he careless? By trying to help someone in need?
The OP should have collected the money from him and aske him to wait.

That is where the carelessness came in.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by osmosis101(m): 7:56am On Apr 04, 2023
To all nairaland admin and mods
mynd44
I JUST CONFIRMED IT............
-
YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WORK TO DO.TBH,NAIRALAND I KNEW BACK IN THOSE DAYS I WAS ON GUEST MODE WASN'T LIKE THIS....SANITIZE THIS FORUM BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by WantsandMore: 8:19am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:
I have noticed that some Nigerians have a way of putting all the blames on politicians as the ones destroying the country when they themselves are equally contributing.

A fellow job seeker turned back and do evil to me for the good intention I had for him. I was only trying to be a human which of course I always try to be no matter how tight it is with me. Not as though I have but I would share the little i have when I see someone so in need.

I met this guy in an interview venue and we got talking based on job search experiences, how we got to hear about the very one we were at, about the company, tips we can use to perform better in the interview and all that.

I think we were more than 40 in that place and interview was based on first come, you pick a number based on your arrival time and wait to be called in.

So the guy went in first before me, and came out to meet me waiting. On coming out, I tried to ask him to hint me based on some questions asked inside. The interview was scheduled for 10am but it started way late, around to 12pm. So not long after which he came out, he started complaining of hunger. I told him I am hungry too, and truly nothing entered my mouth that morning, so I was seriously hungry too. From hunger, he brought in the issue of how he managed to get to the venue due to lack of transport fare. He then asked me if I can assist with any amount to pay his way back. To be very open with him, I removed the last N500 that was with me and showed him. I told him I am the same. We are all struggling as we don't have a job yet. In fact, why I have N500 in my pocket is because I woke up early enough to prepare which I partly trekked to the place just to save some expenses. Just because I saw frustration in him and the humanity in me won't let me be, I wanted to give him N150 from the money while I keep N350 for myself. From our conversation, my distance was even farer than his.

So I wanted to go out with him to go look for change but just then, it was my turn to go in for the interview. Already the money was in his hand, so he said I should go in for my interview while he goes out to look for change and come back. I thought I was dealing with a human being, not knowing I was making a mistake. Leaving him with the money was the mistake I made. I'm only human after all, and I have learnt my lesson but it won't stop me from being good.

To cut the story short, that guy ran away with my only N500. That was all that was with me in and out. I mean home and abroad, all with me was the N500. Account balance looks like a radio frequency - 87.9. Laughable. So nothing was reachable any where else but even after telling him, he still decided to pay me back with evil.

To think he is a job seeker and he still behave that way, I won't curse him even though he succeeded in making me trek for more than 2 hours, going home with an empty stomach.

May he reap whatever he sows. I'm sure he won't come back to the place even if he's called up for the job, which I doubt though. And I pray I am shortlisted for the job, to bring joy to me.

Although a sad one for me but I pity his life.
Sorry Buddy, but atleast you exercise small.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Lamanii22(f): 9:46am On Apr 04, 2023
You’re going to be called for that job in Jesus name

5 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Lamanii22(f): 9:48am On Apr 04, 2023
Tallesty1:
This is not being human, you were careless

Nah I’d rather say his goodnesss was taken for granted… it’s what I could do too or anyone could do….

2 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Lamanii22(f): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2023
brain54:
87.9…

Nice radio frequency.

Hunger bad fm radio.

Good luck with the job bro!

😂😂😂😂 amen
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Tallesty1(m): 10:19am On Apr 04, 2023
Lamanii22:

Nah I’d rather say his goodnesss was taken for granted… it’s what I could do too or anyone could do….
Who said you can't be careless?
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Tallesty1(m): 10:20am On Apr 04, 2023
Mabizeka:
How was he careless? By trying to help someone in need?
He gave his last card to a stranger to go look for change and return the balance to him. That wasn't being kind, he was careless.

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 10:26am On Apr 04, 2023
Lamanii22:
You’re going to be called for that job in Jesus name

Amen and amen.

3 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by YeyeGbami: 10:53am On Apr 04, 2023
Hahaha they have left you

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by AwesomeDuru(m): 10:55am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

I don't think I would go back and start opening files one after the other to look for his? That is if he even attached a passport to his file that could help identify him. The only time that could have worked, is after the interview.
Your experience made me remember the time I was job hunting too.

How I would trek the whole of Lagos looking for a job.

Just believe that it's a phase that'll definitely come to an end.

DM your bank details sir.

6 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Godspowerpro: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

I totally understand that the mistake I made was leaving the money for him. However, he has taught me a lesson in a hard way.

GOD works in miraculous ways. Recently had a similar experience. this one too carry the whole money japa. 2 days later, Aunty drop format say dem tif d money grin

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Slurity(m): 10:56am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:
I have noticed that some Nigerians have a way of putting all the blames on politicians as the ones destroying the country when they themselves are equally contributing.

A fellow job seeker turned back and do evil to me for the good intention I had for him. I was only trying to be a human which of course I always try to be no matter how tight it is with me. Not as though I have but I would share the little i have when I see someone so in need.

I met this guy in an interview venue and we got talking based on job search experiences, how we got to hear about the very one we were at, about the company, tips we can use to perform better in the interview and all that.

I think we were more than 40 in that place and interview was based on first come, you pick a number based on your arrival time and wait to be called in.

So the guy went in first before me, and came out to meet me waiting. On coming out, I tried to ask him to hint me based on some questions asked inside. The interview was scheduled for 10am but it started way late, around to 12pm. So not long after which he came out, he started complaining of hunger. I told him I am hungry too, and truly nothing entered my mouth that morning, so I was seriously hungry too. From hunger, he brought in the issue of how he managed to get to the venue due to lack of transport fare. He then asked me if I can assist with any amount to pay his way back. To be very open with him, I removed the last N500 that was with me and showed him. I told him I am the same. We are all struggling as we don't have a job yet. In fact, why I have N500 in my pocket is because I woke up early enough to prepare which I partly trekked to the place just to save some expenses. Just because I saw frustration in him and the humanity in me won't let me be, I wanted to give him N150 from the money while I keep N350 for myself. From our conversation, my distance was even farer than his.

So I wanted to go out with him to go look for change but just then, it was my turn to go in for the interview. Already the money was in his hand, so he said I should go in for my interview while he goes out to look for change and come back. I thought I was dealing with a human being, not knowing I was making a mistake. Leaving him with the money was the mistake I made. I'm only human after all, and I have learnt my lesson but it won't stop me from being good.

To cut the story short, that guy ran away with my only N500. That was all that was with me in and out. I mean home and abroad, all with me was the N500. Account balance looks like a radio frequency - 87.9. Laughable. So nothing was reachable any where else but even after telling him, he still decided to pay me back with evil.

To think he is a job seeker and he still behave that way, I won't curse him even though he succeeded in making me trek for more than 2 hours, going home with an empty stomach.

May he reap whatever he sows. I'm sure he won't come back to the place even if he's called up for the job, which I doubt though. And I pray I am shortlisted for the job, to bring joy to me.

Drop your account number, let me compensate you with just a token.

5 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by victorazy(m): 10:56am On Apr 04, 2023
Tallesty1:

Not only careless BUT f00lish.

He didn't learn from Jesus and 10 virgin story.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Deeprooted: 10:57am On Apr 04, 2023
Mod please permit me to ask for his account details
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by SLOVFO(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

If you hire his kind, he won't hesitate to dupe the company given any opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 04, 2023
Tallesty1:
He gave his last card to a stranger to go look for change and return the balance to him. That wasn't being kind, he was careless.

Can you just stop this? 🙄😑

2 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Benteazaa(m): 11:00am On Apr 04, 2023
brain54:
87.9…

Nice radio frequency.

Hunger bad fm radio.

Good luck with the job bro!

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by bikefab(m): 11:00am On Apr 04, 2023
This is sad. This kind of people will still turn around and blame buhari, call tinubu a drug dealer, and shettima a terrorist. Meanwhile, in their heart of hearts, they are more deadly.

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by PixelPlexus: 11:02am On Apr 04, 2023
LoL...different shades of human
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Tallesty1(m): 11:07am On Apr 04, 2023
4Humanity4All:

Can you just stop this? 🙄😑
Nope
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by akanke79: 11:08am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

Thank Op for the humanity you displayed.
Sorry about what happened,you are a good soul but the Nigerian environment dont appreciate people like you unfortunately.
Do you have the job now.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Trojan8(m): 11:09am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

You think he can come back to the place even if he's shortlisted?

You think someone that needs a job won't come back because of #500 when it's a case of your words against mine?

Dey play

2 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Badguy77(m): 11:09am On Apr 04, 2023
My dear I have been in worse experiences, helping people that always end up hurting me, I can't stop I will continue to do good till I rip.. May God console you and reward you..

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by akanke79: 11:12am On Apr 04, 2023
Tallesty1:

He did nothing wrong to be honest.It is only that Nigerians are greedy,dishonest and have no fear of God despite numerous churches and mosques littering the cities.
if i were the guy offered such money to change, i will definately give him back his change and see him as a helper not dupe him and behave like a narcissist or unmerited favours seeker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Badguy77(m): 11:13am On Apr 04, 2023
Tallesty1:

Just stop this, why do people reason like this? Do you think everybody will be heartless as not to help people like you? Oga rest
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:15am On Apr 04, 2023
Tallesty1:

Don't come here and talk as if you're from or living in the moon, just to make the Op feel bad.

Are you telling us you have never been in a situation where you had to trust a stranger for one thing or another before??
An Indian guy just met me along the road 2days ago and pleaded for me to snap him with his phone. So, he was careless for handing over his phone to a stranger?

If i decided to run away with his phone, i would be the one who had a problem, and not him who placed his trust on me.

As humans, we are bound to place that trust on people sometimes in our lives and it's purely normal.

What such people eventually do with the trust is left for them and is completely outside our control.
It doesn't always represent carelessness on our own part.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

If I was the owner of the company, I would not employ you. You lack real sense.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Goalnaldo(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2023
Deeprooted:
Mod please permit me to ask for his account details
can i drop mine too? Ive not eaten since morning.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 11:17am On Apr 04, 2023
Learner247:

Sorry about that experience. Be assured that you will be very successful in life.

Drop your bank details.

I'm just seeing this sir.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by CaptMarvel(m): 11:19am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

cases and instances like this are what you can use to plead with God, rather than cursing him or complaining or keeping grudge, Rejoice and use this case to plead your case with God, so he can uplift you. If you think the guy will reap what he sow don't you think you'll also reap what you have sown to him.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? / Recruitment Cool Tv And Wazobia Tv / SHELL Aptitude Tests 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.