Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know (17135 Views)

2024/2025 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know / 2024/2025 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know / How To Secure UNILAG MSc MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 2:47am On Apr 04, 2023
The form for Unilag Pg 2023 session will be out soon. Let me show you all you need to do to get a slot in the prestigious university.

The forms sells for 30 thousand. To get a copy go to unilag website.
I will be helping you decide which course to apply for considering your training, background, experience and Bsc degrees and more importantly to go all about it effortlessly

But before then there are many things you need to know about...

The top 4 are these;

1. Eligibility

2. Tuition Fees

3. Entrance Exams

4. Requirements

I will cover each on this thread, to help you prepare and make informed decisions. Please put.
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 2:52am On Apr 04, 2023
Meanwhile you can get prepared with current Past Questions and Answers For the Following Set of MSC/PROFESSIONAL/PGD Courses
FOR UNILAG POSTGRADUATE 2023 ENTRANCE EXAMS.

WE STOCK SOFT AND HARD COPIES FOR YOUR DELIGHT and deliver all over the country.

REQUEST YOUR COPY OR CALL NOW. SEE DETAILS BELOW.

CURRENT AVAILABLE UNILAG PG 2023 ENTRANCE EXAMS QUESTIONS N ANSWERS ARE:

1. MBA P/T, F/T and Executive

2. Masters in Managerial Psychology (MMP)

3. M.Sc. Political Science & Occasional

4. Master of Public Administration (MPA)

5. M.Sc. & P.G.D Mass Communication

6. Master in Transport Management and Planning (MTMP)

7. M.Sc/PGD Economics

8. PGD & M.A. English

9. Master of Project Management (MPM)

10. M.Sc. Estate Management

11. Master of Facilities Management (MFM)

12. Master in Public and International Affairs (MPIA)

13. M.Sc. Marketing

14. M.Sc. Management

15. M.Sc. Operations Research

16. M.Sc. Production Management

17. PGD Finance & M.Sc. Finance

18. Masters in Development Finance (MDF)

19. M.Sc. Accounting and PGD Accounting

20. M.Sc. Industrial Relations & Personnel Management (IRPM)

21. Master of Industrial & Labour Relations

22. M.Sc. Actuarial Science

23. M.Sc. Risk Management & Insurance

24. Msc Organizational Behaviour

25. Masters in Employment & Labour Studies (MELS)

26. Masters in Public Health (MPH)

27. M.Sc. Electrical Engineering - All Options

28. M.Sc. CHEMICAL Engineering

29. M.Sc. Systems Engineering

30. Master Risk Management MRM

31. LLM

32. M.Sc. CHEMISTRY

33. M.Sc. ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY

34. M.Sc. CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT

35. M.Sc. BUILDING

36. M.Sc. ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY

37. M.Ed.) Educational Administration and Planning

38. M.Ed.) Educational Foundation courses

39. Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)

40. M.Ed. Adult Education courses

41. M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering - All Options

42. M.Sc/Pgd in Cell Biology and Genetics - All Options

43. Msc Medical Physics

44. M.Sc in Microbiology

45. Masters Environmental Design

46. Msc Architecture

47. Msc Statistics

48. Msc/Pgd Computer Science

49. Msc/Pgd Mathematics

50. Masters in Process Engineering MPE

51. Msc/Pgd GEOPHYSICS

52. Masters in APPLIED GEOPHYSICS (MAG)

53. Msc GEOLOGY

54. MA Creative Arts

55. MA Philosophy

56. MSC in Psychology & Occasional

57. Ma French

58. (M.Sc.) in Surveying and Geoinformatics

59. Master of Geographic Information System MGIS

60. Master of Geoinformatics Information Technology MGIT

61. (M.Sc.) in PHYSICS

62. Master in ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT MEM

63. M.Sc. in ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICOLOGY & POLLUTION MANAGEMENT

64. Master in DIPLOMACY and STRATEGIC STUDIES -MDSS

65. Master in International Relations and STRATEGIC STUDIES - MISS

66. Msc in Public Health (MPH)

67. M.A. in History and Strategic studies HISS

68. Msc in CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY

69. Masters In International Law & Diplomacy MILD

70. Msc Sociology

71. Msc Biochemistry

72. Msc Anatomy

73. Masters In Criminology

74. Msc Medical Microbiology

75. Msc Pharmaceutical Chemistry

76. Msc Pharmacology

77. Msc/Pg Finance

78. Msc CIVIL Engineering - All Options

79. Msc Pharmacognosy

80. Msc/Pgd Biomedical Engineering

81. Med Sports Psychology/Human Kinetics

82. MED ARTS & SOCIAL SCIENCE EDUCATION COURSES

83. MED SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION COURSES

84. MIT

85. MA French

86. Msc Geography

87. Msc Urban & Regional Planning URP

88. MA Theatre Arts

DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY FROM BELOW OR CALL THE NUMBER ON THE SITE FOR INQUIRIES

https://careerplusonline.net/

for all your Unilag PG past questions and answers download, detail Info about Tuition, Course content for all depts

Thanks.
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 3:00am On Apr 04, 2023
Is Unilag PG form 2023/2024 out?

This is the question everyone wants to know right now.

The answer is negative. The form however will be out soon.
Likely this April/May

But stay glue to my Whatsapp group to catch the news when its out so can be the first to know
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 3:22am On Apr 04, 2023
One question, i get always is this:

Is Work Experience Necessary for Unilag Postgraduate Program?

Work experience is not always a mandatory requirement for all postgraduate programs at the University of Lagos. However, depending on the program of study, relevant work experience may be considered an advantage and can increase an applicant's chances of being admitted.

In addition to improving an applicant's chances of being admitted, work experience can also help students to perform better in their postgraduate studies by providing them with practical knowledge and skills that are relevant to their coursework.

Hope it helps.
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 4:10am On Apr 04, 2023
6 CORE Eligibility Factors Explained

To be eligible for Unilag postgraduate programs, prospective students must meet the following requirements:

1. Educational Qualification: Applicants must possess a first degree from a recognized institution with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division)

2. Work Experience: Depending on the course of study, applicants may be required to have relevant work experience

3. Age Limit: There is no age limit for postgraduate studies at Unilag,

4. Entrance Examination: Prospective students must also take and pass the Unilag Postgraduate Entrance Examination and meet the minimum score required for their chosen program.

5. Transcript and Certificates: Applicants must provide their academic transcripts and certificates from their previous institutions, as well as other relevant documents such as their NYSC discharge certificate (for Nigerian applicants).

6. Referee Reports: Applicants must also provide at least two reference letters from academic and/or professional referees who can attest to their academic and/or professional abilities.

Each one can be expanded for more clarity and details.

Any clarification needed, just let me know
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 5:03am On Apr 04, 2023
10 BSC - PG HOT COMBOS

Undergraduate course: Computer Science
Postgraduate degree: MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Reason: Computer Science provides a strong technical background, and an MBA can provide knowledge of business principles and practices. This combination can be useful for those interested in technology management or entrepreneurship.

Undergraduate course: Psychology
Postgraduate degree: MPH (Master of Public Health)
Reason: Psychology can provide a deeper understanding of human behavior and how it affects health outcomes. An MPH degree can provide knowledge of public health issues and interventions, making this combination ideal for those interested in health promotion, behavior change, or public health research.

Undergraduate course: Environmental Science
Postgraduate degree: MSW (Master of Social Work)
Reason: Environmental Science provides a background in environmental factors that affect health, while an MSW degree can provide knowledge of social determinants of health and how to address them. This combination can be useful for those interested in environmental justice, community organizing, or policy advocacy.

Undergraduate course: Economics
Postgraduate degree: MPA (Master of Public Administration)
Reason: Economics provides knowledge of market principles and public policy, while an MPA degree can provide knowledge of public sector management and administration. This combination can be useful for those interested in policy analysis, program evaluation, or public finance.

Undergraduate course: Biology
Postgraduate degree: MSN (Master of Science in Nursing)
Reason: Biology provides a strong foundation in the biological sciences, while an MSN degree can provide knowledge of nursing practice and patient care. This combination can be useful for those interested in nursing research, public health nursing, or healthcare management.

Undergraduate course: Communications
Postgraduate degree: JD (Juris Doctor)
Reason: Communications provides skills in persuasive writing and effective communication, while a JD degree can provide knowledge of law and legal principles. This combination can be useful for those interested in legal advocacy, policy analysis, or media law.

Undergraduate course: Sociology
Postgraduate degree: PhD in Education
Reason: Sociology provides insight into social factors that affect health and wellbeing, while a PhD in Education can provide knowledge of education research and policy. This combination can be useful for those interested in education policy, social justice, or community development.

Undergraduate course: Business Administration
Postgraduate degree: MS in Data Science
Reason: Business Administration provides a background in business principles and practices, while an MS in Data Science can provide knowledge of data analytics and visualization. This combination can be useful for those interested in business analytics, marketing research, or finance analysis.

Undergraduate course: Political Science
Postgraduate degree: MPA (Master of Public Administration)
Reason: Political Science provides knowledge of political principles and practices, while an MPA degree can provide knowledge of public sector management and administration. This combination can be useful for those interested in policy analysis, program evaluation, or public finance.

Undergraduate course: Engineering
Postgraduate degree: MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Reason: Engineering provides a technical background, while an MBA can provide knowledge of business principles and practices. This combination can be useful for those interested in engineering management, project management, or entrepreneurship.

Undergraduate course: Linguistics
Postgraduate degree: MS in Computer Science
Reason: Linguistics provides knowledge of language structure and analysis, while a postgraduate degree in Computer Science can provide advanced knowledge of natural language processing, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. This combination can be useful for those interested in pursuing a career in computational linguistics, natural language processing, or advanced AI research.

Undergraduate course: Economics
Postgraduate degree: MS in Finance
Reason: Economics provides knowledge of macro- and microeconomic theory, while an MS in Finance can provide knowledge of financial management and analysis. This combination can be useful for those interested in financial analysis, investment banking, or corporate finance.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by Abeemcyn: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2023
Hello, please what MSc combo will be best for an undergraduate in Physiology
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by Unigrad: 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2023
Does PhD prospective candidate writes the extrance exam?
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 12:03am On Apr 06, 2023
Unigrad:
Does PhD prospective candidate writes the entrance exam?
No you dont write exams, but apply for a supervisor in the dept. But yu take the form as everyone else
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 12:04am On Apr 06, 2023
Abeemcyn:
I will attend to this in my next post

1 Like

Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by Unigrad: 5:04am On Apr 06, 2023
kalan:

No you dont write exams, but apply for a supervisor in the dept. But yu take the form as everyone else
When will be form be out for this year?
How can one get to a supervisor when I don't know anyone there?
I don't even base in Lagos and I have not schooled there.
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by Jubilancy(f): 8:37am On Apr 06, 2023
kalan:
6 CORE Eligibility Factors Explained

To be eligible for Unilag postgraduate programs, prospective students must meet the following requirements:

1. Educational Qualification: Applicants must possess a first degree from a recognized institution with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division)

2. Work Experience: Depending on the course of study, applicants may be required to have relevant work experience

3. Age Limit: There is no age limit for postgraduate studies at Unilag,

4. Entrance Examination: Prospective students must also take and pass the Unilag Postgraduate Entrance Examination and meet the minimum score required for their chosen program.

5. Transcript and Certificates: Applicants must provide their academic transcripts and certificates from their previous institutions, as well as other relevant documents such as their NYSC discharge certificate (for Nigerian applicants).

6. Referee Reports: Applicants must also provide at least two reference letters from academic and/or professional referees who can attest to their academic and/or professional abilities.

Each one can be expanded for more clarity and details.

Any clarification needed, just let me know

Hi about your B5 : Transcript: I collected my transcript from my institution by hand : can I attach that during my application or it must be from the school directly? Please reply
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by Rayom: 11:16am On Apr 06, 2023
Jubilancy:

Hi about your B5 : Transcript: I collected my transcript from my institution by hand : can I attach that during my application or it must be from the school directly? Please reply

The transcript is to be addressed to the Registrar in confidential package from your school. You cannot submit by hand.

If you have your certificate, that would suffice. It is not a must you use transcript. I did that in 2019 and all other people I know during and after my programme did.

You can even use your Statement of Result (SoR) tentatively, if you are sure of getting your certificate before the physical screening process at the School of Postgraduate Studies Building. There will be opportunity to edit your document submission for a token of 1k or 2k.

Just try to get the past questions for adequate preparation as Kalan suggested. They help a lot.

2 Likes

Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by Rayom: 11:26am On Apr 06, 2023
Unigrad:

When will be form be out for this year?
How can one get to a supervisor when I don't know anyone there?
I don't even base in Lagos and I have not schooled there.

As Kalan stated, the form is expected to be out soon.

For PhD applicants, you may have to go to the department to be sure of availability of a supervisor so that you won't waste your fund. Create time to visit the department you want to apply to. You will get better information about the specifics from the department.

I learnt some faculties have started conducting entrance test for PhD applicants. However, most of the departments do not.
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2023
Rayom:

As Kalan stated, the form is expected to be out soon.

For PhD applicants, you may have to go to the department to be sure of availability of a supervisor so that you won't waste your fund. Create time to visit the department you want to apply to. You will get better information about the specifics from the department.

I learnt some faculties have started conducting entrance test for PhD applicants. However, most of the departments do not.
Thanks Ray for standing in.
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 4:04pm On Apr 06, 2023
Jubilancy:

Hello Jubilancy,

To add to what have been said, you can submit the one with you during registration. that is when its actually needed not before exams.

1 Like

Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
I will be covering the 10 Unilag Pg fees so many people dont talk about soon

A lot of people dont know about them and are shocked when faced with these hidden fees

Tuition Fees
Acceptance Fees
Registration Fees
Identity Card Fees
Examination Fees
Library Fees
Medical Fees
Accommodation Fees
Development Fees
Late Registration Fees

Stay tuned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 4:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
join out applicants whats.app grp for daily insights and fresh updates about unilag pg

careerplusonline.net

co.py and place that on google and join for fre.e
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 3:29am On Apr 16, 2023
kalan:
Meanwhile you can get prepared with current Past Questions and Answers For the Following Set of MSC/PROFESSIONAL/PGD Courses
FOR UNILAG POSTGRADUATE 2023 ENTRANCE EXAMS.

WE STOCK SOFT AND HARD COPIES FOR YOUR DELIGHT and deliver all over the country.

REQUEST YOUR COPY OR CALL NOW. SEE DETAILS BELOW.

CURRENT AVAILABLE UNILAG PG 2023 ENTRANCE EXAMS QUESTIONS N ANSWERS ARE:

1. MBA P/T, F/T and Executive

2. Masters in Managerial Psychology (MMP)

3. M.Sc. Political Science & Occasional

4. Master of Public Administration (MPA)

5. M.Sc. & P.G.D Mass Communication

6. Master in Transport Management and Planning (MTMP)

7. M.Sc/PGD Economics

8. PGD & M.A. English

9. Master of Project Management (MPM)

10. M.Sc. Estate Management

11. Master of Facilities Management (MFM)

12. Master in Public and International Affairs (MPIA)

13. M.Sc. Marketing

14. M.Sc. Management

15. M.Sc. Operations Research

16. M.Sc. Production Management

17. PGD Finance & M.Sc. Finance

18. Masters in Development Finance (MDF)

19. M.Sc. Accounting and PGD Accounting

20. M.Sc. Industrial Relations & Personnel Management (IRPM)

21. Master of Industrial & Labour Relations

22. M.Sc. Actuarial Science

23. M.Sc. Risk Management & Insurance

24. Msc Organizational Behaviour

25. Masters in Employment & Labour Studies (MELS)

26. Masters in Public Health (MPH)

27. M.Sc. Electrical Engineering - All Options

28. M.Sc. CHEMICAL Engineering

29. M.Sc. Systems Engineering

30. Master Risk Management MRM

31. LLM

32. M.Sc. CHEMISTRY

33. M.Sc. ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY

34. M.Sc. CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT

35. M.Sc. BUILDING

36. M.Sc. ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY

37. M.Ed.) Educational Administration and Planning

38. M.Ed.) Educational Foundation courses

39. Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)

40. M.Ed. Adult Education courses

41. M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering - All Options

42. M.Sc/Pgd in Cell Biology and Genetics - All Options

43. Msc Medical Physics

44. M.Sc in Microbiology

45. Masters Environmental Design

46. Msc Architecture

47. Msc Statistics

48. Msc/Pgd Computer Science

49. Msc/Pgd Mathematics

50. Masters in Process Engineering MPE

51. Msc/Pgd GEOPHYSICS

52. Masters in APPLIED GEOPHYSICS (MAG)

53. Msc GEOLOGY

54. MA Creative Arts

55. MA Philosophy

56. MSC in Psychology & Occasional

57. Ma French

58. (M.Sc.) in Surveying and Geoinformatics

59. Master of Geographic Information System MGIS

60. Master of Geoinformatics Information Technology MGIT

61. (M.Sc.) in PHYSICS

62. Master in ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT MEM

63. M.Sc. in ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICOLOGY & POLLUTION MANAGEMENT

64. Master in DIPLOMACY and STRATEGIC STUDIES -MDSS

65. Master in International Relations and STRATEGIC STUDIES - MISS

66. Msc in Public Health (MPH)

67. M.A. in History and Strategic studies HISS

68. Msc in CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY

69. Masters In International Law & Diplomacy MILD

70. Msc Sociology

71. Msc Biochemistry

72. Msc Anatomy

73. Masters In Criminology

74. Msc Medical Microbiology

75. Msc Pharmaceutical Chemistry

76. Msc Pharmacology

77. Msc/Pg Finance

78. Msc CIVIL Engineering - All Options

79. Msc Pharmacognosy

80. Msc/Pgd Biomedical Engineering

81. Med Sports Psychology/Human Kinetics

82. MED ARTS & SOCIAL SCIENCE EDUCATION COURSES

83. MED SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION COURSES

84. MIT

85. MA French

86. Msc Geography

87. Msc Urban & Regional Planning URP

88. MA Theatre Arts

DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY FROM BELOW OR CALL THE NUMBER ON THE SITE FOR INQUIRIES

https://careerplusonline.net/

for all your Unilag PG past questions and answers download, detail Info about Tuition, Course content for all depts

Thanks.
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 3:34am On Apr 16, 2023
Abeemcyn:

Here are Top 10 Physiology Degree Combo for Postgraduates

Here are some examples of postgraduate courses that can combine well with an undergraduate degree in Physiology:

Postgraduate degree: Master's in Public Health
Undergraduate course: Physiology
Reason: An undergraduate degree in Physiology provides a strong understanding of the mechanisms of the human body, which can be applied to understanding health and disease at a population level.

Postgraduate degree: Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Reason: An undergraduate degree in Physiology provides a strong foundation in human anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology, which are essential components of medical education.

Postgraduate degree: Master's in Biomedical Engineering
Reason: An undergraduate degree in Physiology provides a strong understanding of the mechanisms of the human body, which can be applied to developing and testing medical devices and technologies.

Postgraduate degree: Master's in Nutrition
Reason: An undergraduate degree in Physiology provides a strong foundation in human metabolism and physiology, which can be applied to understanding the role of nutrition in human health and disease.

Postgraduate degree: Master's in Occupational Therapy
Reason: An undergraduate degree in Physiology provides a strong understanding of the mechanisms of the human body, which is essential knowledge for understanding the impact of injury or illness on the body's ability to function and for developing treatment plans.

Postgraduate degree: Master's in Sports Medicine
Reason: An undergraduate degree in Physiology provides a strong understanding of the mechanisms of the human body and how they respond to exercise, which is essential knowledge for sports medicine professionals.

Postgraduate degree: Master's in Neuroscience
Reason: An undergraduate degree in Physiology provides a strong foundation in the structure and function of the nervous system, which is essential knowledge for understanding the brain and neurological disorders.

Postgraduate degree: Master's in Pharmacology
Reason: An undergraduate degree in Physiology provides a strong understanding of the mechanisms of the human body and how drugs interact with those mechanisms, which is essential knowledge for pharmacologists.

Postgraduate degree: Master's in Biostatistics
Reason: An undergraduate degree in Physiology provides a strong foundation in human physiology and anatomy, which is essential knowledge for understanding health data and conducting biomedical research.

Postgraduate degree: Master's in Genetic Counseling
Reason: An undergraduate degree in Physiology provides a strong understanding of human genetics and how genetic variation can impact health, which is essential knowledge for genetic counselors.

Postgraduate degree: Master's in Healthcare Administration
Reason: An undergraduate degree in Physiology provides a strong foundation in the human body and its physiological processes, which is essential knowledge for managing healthcare organizations and understanding healthcare policy.

I hope these examples are helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.
join the whatsapp group for daily insights and customized info. check the second post for details

1 Like

Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by Unigrad: 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2023
kalan:
I will be covering the 10 Unilag Pg fees so many people dont talk about soon

A lot of people dont know about them and are shocked when faced with these hidden fees

Tuition Fees
Acceptance Fees
Registration Fees
Identity Card Fees
Examination Fees
Library Fees
Medical Fees
Accommodation Fees
Development Fees
Late Registration Fees

Stay tuned.
Can you go further to tell the amount for each, duration to pay them. Postgraduate students pay school fees every year till they graduate from the program or it's paid session per session?
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by qanda: 5:35am On Apr 17, 2023
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by HEISGOD: 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
Does MPhll write entrance exams
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by Unigrad: 7:21pm On Apr 17, 2023
HEISGOD:
Why are you going for MPhil?
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by HEISGOD: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2023
Any answer to this please?

HEISGOD:
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by Dsd1pumpking(m): 10:27pm On Apr 17, 2023
Unigrad:

Can you go further to tell the amount for each, duration to pay them. Postgraduate students pay school fees every year till they graduate from the program or it's paid session per session?

Search @University9ja on TELEGRAM to join other aspirants platform

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN RELEASES 2022/2023 POST-GRADUATE ADMISSION FORM IS OUT
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 12:20am On Apr 18, 2023
HEISGOD:

Hello HEISGOD,

No they dont. MPHIL is not a course-work masters, its research based. however you get the form like all masters student do and seek a supervisor in the dept that will take course. So, you need to write or Visit the dept for this purpose.

Hope its clear
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2023
QUESTION
I would like to knw if someone that doesn't graduate with a GP of up to 3.0, can do his masters in engineering or will av to do a PG studies 1st. Thanks.

Answer

Yes, 2:2 is ok for engineering

M.Sc. Electrical/Electronics Engineering (Full-Time / Part-Time)

These are the following areas of specialization:

(a) Electrical Power
(b) Electronics
(c) Communication and Control

Admission Requirements:

(i) A candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering from the University of Lagos or any other approved institution; or

(ii) A Postgraduate Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering, with a Bachelor's degree from the University of Lagos or any other recognized institution.

So a 2:2 is very okay to apply for the course.

Hope it helps.
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by oluwatobi01(m): 6:30am On Apr 21, 2023
This is a nice thread by Kalan, kudos.
However, candidates are advised to check their prospective departments for full accreditation of their programmes. This's very important to avoid stories during the screening process.

Eligibility and studying past questions are the keys to be admitted for post graduate programmes at Unilag.

Best of luck to candidates.

Ire oooooo
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by kalan: 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2023
Lets talk about

The Fees associated with the programme

I see lots of people drop their admission year in year out, due to improper financial planning.

First seek out the correct fees you are to pay for your program. Find out the total fees, the hidden fees, the financial implications.
The form fees and what it will take to cross the whole hurdle.

the 5 stages are:

1. application
2. examination
3. admission
4. registration
5. lectures

each stages has financial implication. Plan for them.

Some courses run for 2 sessions, that means if you are paying N100k per session, you will require N200k plus others.
You need to put all these into consideration.

There is also the need for textbooks, there are other cost like field work, and other tools for science/engineering students.
Generally, its cheap for FUll time students compared to part-time students.

How do you overcome these?

1. Know your course tuition fees and or hidden fees, ask from current or past students, or ask me

2. Look at your finances- who is sponsoring you? yourself?, your partner? or parents, so that you start preparing them for it.
Things are easier if they are budgeted for

3. You too must start making plans for this with your little savings and contributions

4. If your options are very limited - you can do a long term planning towards your education, always believe there is a way out

5. Take action.

The more you put off your Masters because of no time, no money or because you want to go to "Canada/UK/US" time is tickling away. you should do something while you can.

All the best as you make your decision.
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by tynee001(m): 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2023
kalan:
Lets talk about

The Fees associated with the programme

I see lots of people drop their admission year in year out, due to improper financial planning.

First seek out the correct fees you are to pay for your program. Find out the total fees, the hidden fees, the financial implications.
The form fees and what it will take to cross the whole hurdle.

the 5 stages are:

1. application
2. examination
3. admission
4. registration
5. lectures

each stages has financial implication. Plan for them.

Some courses run for 2 sessions, that means if you are paying N100k per session, you will require N200k plus others.
You need to put all these into consideration.

There is also the need for textbooks, there are other cost like field work, and other tools for science/engineering students.
Generally, its cheap for FUll time students compared to part-time students.

How do you overcome these?

1. Know your course tuition fees and or hidden fees, ask from current or past students, or ask me

2. Look at your finances- who is sponsoring you? yourself?, your partner? or parents, so that you start preparing them for it.
Things are easier if they are budgeted for

3. You too must start making plans for this with your little savings and contributions

4. If your options are very limited - you can do a long term planning towards your education, always believe there is a way out

5. Take action.

The more you put off your Masters because of no time, no money or because you want to go to "Canada/UK/US" time is tickling away. you should do something while you can.

All the best as you make your decision.

Can a 3rd class graduate in Science Education apply for Post graduate studies and what available courses will you recommend? Thanks
Re: 2023/2024 UNILAG Msc & Postgraduate Info Thread - All You Need To Know by Jubilancy(f): 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2023
hi, thanks for answering my previous question, please i would like to know the best combo for someone who studied theatre and media arts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BTW Means By The Way! And Not Between!!! / 2015/2016 Ui Dlc Admission / ASUU's 48 Hours Deadline: We Are Yet To Hear From Government - Osodeke

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.